Yvonne Ridley

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
:salam2:,

I'm so excited since Yvonne Ridley is going to visite the city I live in, in Norway. I think she is going to give a speech, so I'm already preparing and thinking of questions to ask her. It's actually my first time hearing about her being captured by taliban in Afghanistan while working as a journalist, before converting to Islam.

I've heard she's been doing volunteer work, and is raising money for schools in Afghanistan. I'm very happy to meet her, nevertheless get to know her as a muslimah.

:hijabi: Manal^-^

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:)

whoa!!sobhanallah:)that's really very lucky of you to be able to meet such a gr8 sis inshallah:SMILY252:

she's a real strong determined musilmah:)very nice person:Di read her book.my aunt met her on her visit to peshawar(pakistan)have fun sister:jumpclap:.and oh oh oh oh i remember:Dyeah!!! pay my regards and my love for her daughter daisy:p.

may Allah keep us all to the right path.ameen:)

love ya sis!!
:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum dear sister

Mashallah, that is so wondefull news:hijabi:. You are happy to meet her dear sister Inshallah, and ask her more about her experiance when she decide to accept Islaam,and her feelings and life when she is Muslim now.

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:)

whoa!!sobhanallah:)that's really very lucky of you to be able to meet such a gr8 sis inshallah:SMILY252:

she's a real strong determined musilmah:)very nice person:Di read her book.my aunt met her on her visit the peshawar(pakistan)have fun sister:jumpclap:.and oh oh oh oh i remember:Dyeah!!! pay my regards and my love for her daughter daisy:p.

may Allah keep us all to the right path.ameen:)

love ya sis!!

:hijabi:Thank you sister, I know I'm lucky to meet her in person;) What was your aunt's impression about her? Do you know her daughter? Is she a muslimah as well? I need to do some more research.
Amin to you dua ukhti. Love you too:shymuslima1:

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Assalamu allaicum dear sister

Mashallah, that is so wondefull news:hijabi:. You are happy to meet her dear sister Inshallah, and ask her more about her experiance when she decide to accept Islaam,and her feelings and life when she is Muslim now.

May Allah bless you

Yeah I am very happy to meet her, I want to know what caught her mind on Islam. I know she had some pretty critical thoughts on Islam, but after reading the Quran, she believed it was the true book of Allah subhana wa ta'ala. Subhana Allah, I don't know many converts, actually just one, but I get the feeling that most of the converts are really strong and take our religion very seriously as it should be. That's why I really respect and admire them.:blackhijab:
May Allah make it easier on them, on all of us muslims. amin.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:hijabi:Thank you sister, I know I'm lucky to meet her in person;) What was your aunt's impression about her? Do you know her daughter? Is she a muslimah as well? I need to do some more research.
Amin to you dua ukhti. Love you too:shymuslima1:

OoOoooOOOOO yeah you are very lucky to meet a sis like that mashallah...learn all you can.well my aunt had a wonderful impression:)sis ridley was basically confused of who are these new group of ppl who call themselves "the taliban":(coz the taliban she was captured by were what she said were very good and practising muslims:)....oh well don't think they exist anymore!!!

:lol:no,,,her daughter i came to know about by reading her book:Dshe really loves her.she says the best thing that has ever happened to her is her daughter daisy:)...i think she is a muslim too...don't realy know:eek::)...yeah go ahead then..read her books are articals they are wonderful:)

takecare and keep me in your prayers.a;)

IbnAhmad

^^^
MashaAllah! Thats great to hear. We hope you can feedback to us what she has to say and how your day goes.

Take Care and Have Fun. =)

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
OoOoooOOOOO yeah you are very lucky to meet a sis like that mashallah...learn all you can.well my aunt had a wonderful impression:)sis ridley was basically confused of who are these new group of ppl who call themselves "the taliban":(coz the taliban she was captured by were what she said were very good and practising muslims:)....oh well don't think they exist anymore!!!

:lol:no,,,her daughter i came to know about by reading her book:Dshe really loves her.she says the best thing that has ever happened to her is her daughter daisy:)...i think she is a muslim too...don't realy know:eek::)...yeah go ahead then..read her books are articals they are wonderful:)

takecare and keep me in your prayers.a;)

Masha Allah, that's just great! I will keep you in my prayers sister, please keep me in yours as well:)

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
^^^
MashaAllah! Thats great to hear. We hope you can feedback to us what she has to say and how your day goes.

Take Care and Have Fun. =)

Thank you brother, I will absolutely write about what she had to say and her experience as a muslimah, insha Allah:)

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
:salam2:,
I just wanted to share a bit with you about the event we had with sister Yvonne Ridley. She was absolutly amazing, as well as smart, openminded and active with the youth of Norway (Bergen). She told us about her experience in Afghanistan, and about her being captivated by the Taliban. She also spoke about Gaza, a field she's very active in. We've learned so much, and for the very first time, I got to know a lot of converts :ma:, which I hope I can bond a long lasting friendship with.:shymuslima1:

They liked the different types of food we served them, alhamdoullillah. It was a very special day today, hopefully one I will never forget. This is one of those times where memories like these, will always stay with you. It's truly been an amazing experience, to me it's more as a "once in a lifetime" opportunity.

I apologize if I have any grammar mistakes, I'm slowly trying to get better in English, though it takes quite some time.:girl3::hijabi:

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:

I haven't known much about her just that she was captured and released by Taliban. Does she spoke about it? Does she say about Taliban the same way as the media describes it,

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
:salam2:

I haven't known much about her just that she was captured and released by Taliban. Does she spoke about it? Does she say about Taliban the same way as the media describes it,

She has spoken much about it, but not as what the media portrays them. She said that even though she was scared and rude agaisnt them, she was treated with respect, had her own key that could only be locked up from the inside.
She told us since they couldn't let her use the phone, she stopped eating. they tried everything to make her eat, they even brought the cook to her, who was a very old man. He couldn't speak english so he tried to talk with his bodylanguage, even a tear dropped down from his eye, to make her eat. She decribed everything in details...

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
sobhanallah sis i'm jealous:lol:no i'm vry happy you had a wonderful day my sis;)it's a happything to know about......

may ALLAH give hidaya' to all my brohter and sisters in islam:)did you read her book???and what about her daughter is the sweet girl a muslim too:)????

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
sobhanallah sis i'm jealous:lol:no i'm vry happy you had a wonderful day my sis;)it's a happything to know about......

may ALLAH give hidaya' to all my brohter and sisters in islam:)did you read her book???and what about her daughter is the sweet girl a muslim too:)????

My happiness is your happiness as well ukhti:)
I haven't read the book yet, but I read a lot about her. I will try to look in the bookshops otherwise I'll buy it online, insha allah.
Her daughter is 17 years old right now, but she is not a muslim. She does not want to force anything on her, but she prays and makes dua that Allah will giver her hidaya insha allah.

How are you doing by the way?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
She has spoken much about it, but not as what the media portrays them. She said that even though she was scared and rude agaisnt them, she was treated with respect, had her own key that could only be locked up from the inside.
She told us since they couldn't let her use the phone, she stopped eating. they tried everything to make her eat, they even brought the cook to her, who was a very old man. He couldn't speak english so he tried to talk with his bodylanguage, even a tear dropped down from his eye, to make her eat. She decribed everything in details...

eyaha!!!i know how shhe finally got the phone:D:D:D it funny reading that part.my brothers in islam really embarrased byy what she said when she was non believer to get a phone:p

one thing i liked ws that when they used to talk to her they wouldn't look at her.they'd look at the cieling or the ground:)....and back then she found this annoying:lol:
guess she understand that now....

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
eyaha!!!i know how shhe finally got the phone:D:D:D it funny reading that part.my brothers in islam really embarrased byy what she said when she was non believer to get a phone:p

one thing i liked ws that when they used to talk to her they wouldn't look at her.they'd look at the cieling or the ground:)....and back then she found this annoying:lol:
guess she understand that now....

Subhana Allah, she spoke about this part as well. She did not know that this was out of respect for her. She said that she thought they couldn't look her into her eyes because they were going to hang her... She was very funny when explaning all these things. Maybe I'll post a small video from saturday. I got her permittion:D

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Subhana Allah, she spoke about this part as well. She did not know that this was out of respect for her. She said that she thought they couldn't look her into her eyes because they were going to hang her... She was very funny when explaning all these things. Maybe I'll post a small video from saturday. I got her permittion:D

amazing that would be amazing thing to do.we'll love it.the vidoe i mean:D:D:D:D.........yeah hang her up side down:lol:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
My happiness is your happiness as well ukhti:)
I haven't read the book yet, but I read a lot about her. I will try to look in the bookshops otherwise I'll buy it online, insha allah.
Her daughter is 17 years old right now, but she is not a muslim. She does not want to force anything on her, but she prays and makes dua that Allah will giver her hidaya insha allah.

How are you doing by the way?

inshallah you will enjoy it:poh that's not tooo good to kow:(wwoow the girl is grown up now:)may ALLAh guide her to the right path,ameen

i'm fine alhumdulillah:)jazakallah khiarn for asking and sharing so much with us.

love ya sis!!!

keep me in your prayers..........am having papers

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Amin. You are in my prayers ukhti, hope to be in yours as well. What do you mean by having papers?