American television is rubbish!

Sakeena

Some people are just a tad (as we say in the west) "holier than thou". We have an epidemic of it on TTI.

But I'm a Muslim Sister, I'm only trying to make a show and put it on TV to give Dawah inshallah!!! What's wrong with that?! :angryblue: This is why I don't like most of the TTI members!!!! :girl3:

DanyalSAC

But I'm a Muslim Sister, I'm only trying to make a show and put it on TV to give Dawah inshallah!!! What's wrong with that?! :angryblue: This is why I don't like most of the TTI members!!!! :girl3:

I wasn't referring to you :) I'm referring to some of the replies you would get if you posted your ideas.

DanyalSAC

Leave me alone!!! :angryblue: I'll just go and sit on that chair in the corner alone then..... *walks away, starts crying* :SMILY23:

Um I am actually in support of you and your ideas. I believe that TV can be used to teach and to bring people together. I don't consider it a "devil box" any more than I consider the internet to be, and Allah knows best.

But...ok I will leave you alone.

Sakeena

Um I am actually in support of you and your ideas. I believe that TV can be used to teach and to bring people together. I don't consider it a "devil box" any more than I consider the internet to be, and Allah knows best.

But...ok I will leave you alone.

I was joking brother :hijabi: sorry, anyway, what kind of TV shows do we need inshallah? Any ideas guys? :SMILY259:

DanyalSAC

I was joking brother :hijabi: sorry, anyway, what kind of TV shows do we need inshallah? Any ideas guys? :SMILY259:

Oh whew LOL. I thought I offended someone again :p

Well I personally don't stick just with Islamic programming. For example, almost anything National Geographic has is worth while (except for instance "The Dog Whisperer". I mean seriously, what's up with that?).

Although I think we could do channels for dawah - instead of Islamic programming for Muslims, we should have programs to reach out and introduce Islam to non-Muslims.

Sakeena

I think MTV and VH1 need to be replaced or maybe open a channel for reverts and new Muslims inshallah. Maybe the TTI channel inshallah. That would be cool. :lol:

Oh yes, I agree. I have so many ideas for some amazing documentaries inshallah!!! :biggrin:

Sakeena

Oh whew LOL. I thought I offended someone again :p

Well I personally don't stick just with Islamic programming. For example, almost anything National Geographic has is worth while (except for instance "The Dog Whisperer". I mean seriously, what's up with that?).

Although I think we could do channels for dawah - instead of Islamic programming for Muslims, we should have programs to reach out and introduce Islam to non-Muslims.

Yes, you have nothing to worry about brother. I won't bite. :lol: Tee-hee!! LOL

To hell with Dog Whisperer. I don't care about what a dog has to say!! Who cares about that show? I mean, seriously guys, we HAVE to do something about this inshallah!! :p :( There's nothing to watch--except Link TV! Alhamdulilah, I LOVE LINK TV!!! http://www.linktv.org/onenation

Oh, and, uh, that show on the Travel Channel, Ghost Adventures and some other show, I can't think of the name but it was just as stupid. :mad:

But what about the History Channel? I love it--but I don't see a variety of programs about Islam though... :girl3: What's up with that? They may mention Islam and the Quran on God VS. Satan and Countdown to Armageddon, etc... but they always show the Christians and Athiests' point of view and don't give the Muslims' a fair share to talk subhanAllah...

Last night, Glenn Beck was talking about the difference between "Moderate" Islam and "Radical" Islam... subhanAllah... he's standing up there talking about our beautiful faith and no one's doing anything to stop him?! If you say something about Christianity on TV in the United States, you'll get punched in the face subhanAllah... I hate this double standard... :girl3:

Valerie

Yeah the double standards are awful. My family, normally a fairly open-minded bunch, gave me a hard time when I bought a couple of books about Islam. They know how biased television is, but they subconciously buy right into it.

There are some good things out there. History channel does have some nice shows (my favorites are about Ancient Egypt). My husband was watching the NASA station last night.

As for news stations and what they say about Islam... Glenn Beck probably isn't the best person to get an opinion about Islam. He's more about opinion than anything, but they try to pass it off as news (as so many stations do, not just Fox). People like that are why my Journalism degree is gathering dust on a shelf somewhere.

Sakeena

Yeah the double standards are awful. My family, normally a fairly open-minded bunch, gave me a hard time when I bought a couple of books about Islam. They know how biased television is, but they subconciously buy right into it.

There are some good things out there. History channel does have some nice shows (my favorites are about Ancient Egypt). My husband was watching the NASA station last night.

As for news stations and what they say about Islam... Glenn Beck probably isn't the best person to get an opinion about Islam. He's more about opinion than anything, but they try to pass it off as news (as so many stations do, not just Fox). People like that are why my Journalism degree is gathering dust on a shelf somewhere.

I don't like Glenn Beck... :mad:

abdullah1111

assalamu alaykum
i dont have tv in my house and alhamdulilah because i would probably be with my family stuck to it 24/7. when i do get to watch tv(in friends house, holiday, hotel,etc..) i eaither watch national geo or national geo wild. or discovery chanel. the most i hate is news its:
a)boring
b)deppresing
c)lies
tee hee :)
anyway i still have ice age 3 to watch haha

Sakeena

yay deception--NOT!

assalamu alaykum
i dont have tv in my house and alhamdulilah because i would probably be with my family stuck to it 24/7. when i do get to watch tv(in friends house, holiday, hotel,etc..) i eaither watch national geo or national geo wild. or discovery chanel. the most i hate is news its:
a)boring
b)deppresing
c)lies
tee hee :)
anyway i still have ice age 3 to watch haha

You should come to my house--there's a TV in every room! LOL :hearts: Ice Age 1 was very funny.... I haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd one though lol mashaAllah!! :hijabi:

:salam2: Now the new miss USA pole dancing photos are being shown on TV. And muslims are proud of her walking on stage with a 2pc. Gowns should be max this bikini thing is like a meat market. And people commenting that all muslim woman should become like that and take off there clothes ( hijabs ).

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Hey, here's a video of an annoying girl: http://www.turnbacktogod.com/video-rifqa-barys-testimony/ ........I hate her.

.......DONT GET ME STARTED ON HER!

That girl is such a damn liar. She should be ashamed! She's the one who met some old people and ran off to them, then said her parents were going to kill her. THEN, she ended up being sent back anyway - and is still alive today, because she's a liar.

She thinks that Christians are morally better than Muslims, I converted FROM Christianity to Islam, and my "good Christian family" threatened to excommunicate me.

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
Assalmu alaykum brothers and sisters
I have one thing to mention and another thing I wanted to ask.
First of all I watched that video, and that girl is misguided. Not because she found something that fit her (christianity, people singing, the fire in peoples eyes , which is so funny the fire in their eyes? soon will be the fire all over their skins inshallah)
but the fact that she thinks Muslims hate christians, when we accept there prophet Jesus unlike Jews who call Jesus a bastard and a phoney astagfurallah. If anything we are the most loving towards other faiths.

Anyways is it difficult to get a TV channel running? Maybe it won't be on the basic cable channels but like on satelite atleast... It shouldn't be hard maybe just pay a fee.
I know in Canada none of the channels talk anything about islam. The closest I have ever seen was BBC doing a documentery on IRAN which showed some islamic stuff. Never the less it was shiai which is pretty close to another religion rather then another sect..

SO teh main point of this post was to ask... How do you get your own TV channel. Does anyone know? is it a fee? or what ?

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalmu alaykum brothers and sisters
I have one thing to mention and another thing I wanted to ask.
First of all I watched that video, and that girl is misguided. Not because she found something that fit her (christianity, people singing, the fire in peoples eyes , which is so funny the fire in their eyes? soon will be the fire all over their skins inshallah)
but the fact that she thinks Muslims hate christians, when we accept there prophet Jesus unlike Jews who call Jesus a bastard and a phoney astagfurallah. If anything we are the most loving towards other faiths.

Anyways is it difficult to get a TV channel running? Maybe it won't be on the basic cable channels but like on satelite atleast... It shouldn't be hard maybe just pay a fee.
I know in Canada none of the channels talk anything about islam. The closest I have ever seen was BBC doing a documentery on IRAN which showed some islamic stuff. Never the less it was shiai which is pretty close to another religion rather then another sect..

SO teh main point of this post was to ask... How do you get your own TV channel. Does anyone know? is it a fee? or what ?

She's a lot more than misguided, she was in American news last year. She tried to have her parents arrested, she said they wanted to kill her...a pretty serious accusation. Alhamdulilah, the police did not believe her lies of Shaytaan.

Anyway, yes, getting your own television channel is expensive. Sheikh Estes said he needs $1,000 per month to run Guide US TV. :girl3: But it's not an impossible task if people agree on 1 idea, and put their effort & money together to make it happen. Afterall, there is Peace TV & Huda TV and more :SMILY252: