As an Ummah we need to just calm down

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum-

I've learned much over the past couple of days with this "Draw Mohammed Day" tragedy. And one thing I've learned is that as Muslims we can sometimes be our own worst enemy.

As I've posted in another thread, who is it that has done the most advertising for this "event"? It wasn't the four or five thousand heartless kufar who laughed at the idea. It was the millions of Muslims who went insane over it. Yes, its a tragedy and an offense to us, but do you think our beloved Prophet himself - salallahu alayhi wa salaam - would have reacted the same way? They put camel entrails on his back while in sujood and he never retaliated.

Go ahead and remove your Facebook account in "protest" (trust me, Facebook probably won't notice as our profiles aren't revenue generating). But I think a better - and more Islamic way - for us to respond is to use today as da'wah, letting our non-Muslim friends know why this is such an affront to us and maybe also dropping in a little of the Sirah as well. But taking to the streets in righteous indignation and talking about death and destruction does nothing more than perpetuate the impression that Muslims are a powder keg waiting for a spark.

I started out the same way when this first came to my attention: standing from the rooftops, fist raised, yelling my anger at anyone who would listen. Then I realized who I was yelling at: my family, my coworkers, my friends. What kind of role model did I just set? So I backed up and apologized, and then explained to them why the Prophet s.a.w. was important to us and why we do not allow images of him s.a.w. and you know what? They understood and they supported me!

Maybe its just me, but I find that being instructive, informative, and patient earns much more respect than being constantly angry and defensive.

May Allah forgive me if I've said anything wrong here - it is entirely my own opinion, and Allah knows best.

Ma salaama

Daniel

revert2007

Love Fishing
Asalaamu alaikum-

I've learned much over the past couple of days with this "Draw Mohammed Day" tragedy. And one thing I've learned is that as Muslims we can sometimes be our own worst enemy.

As I've posted in another thread, who is it that has done the most advertising for this "event"? It wasn't the four or five thousand heartless kufar who laughed at the idea. It was the millions of Muslims who went insane over it. Yes, its a tragedy and an offense to us, but do you think our beloved Prophet himself - salallahu alayhi wa salaam - would have reacted the same way? They put camel entrails on his back while in sujood and he never retaliated.

Go ahead and remove your Facebook account in "protest" (trust me, Facebook probably won't notice as our profiles aren't revenue generating). But I think a better - and more Islamic way - for us to respond is to use today as da'wah, letting our non-Muslim friends know why this is such an affront to us and maybe also dropping in a little of the Sirah as well. But taking to the streets in righteous indignation and talking about death and destruction does nothing more than perpetuate the impression that Muslims are a powder keg waiting for a spark.

I started out the same way when this first came to my attention: standing from the rooftops, fist raised, yelling my anger at anyone who would listen. Then I realized who I was yelling at: my family, my coworkers, my friends. What kind of role model did I just set? So I backed up and apologized, and then explained to them why the Prophet s.a.w. was important to us and why we do not allow images of him s.a.w. and you know what? They understood and they supported me!

Maybe its just me, but I find that being instructive, informative, and patient earns much more respect than being constantly angry and defensive.

May Allah forgive me if I've said anything wrong here - it is entirely my own opinion, and Allah knows best.

Ma salaama

Daniel

Assalamualikum.

I absolutely agree with you and you have spoken the truth.I quoted you in your previous post and you can read what I think about this whole situation.

It is time for us to think out of the box .

Assalamualikum.

DanyalSAC

Assalamualikum.

I absolutely agree with you and you have spoken the truth.I quoted you in your previous post and you can read what I think about this whole situation.

It is time for us to think out of the box .

Assalamualikum.

I just looked at your post after I read this reply. JazakAllah khairyn.

I am sorry if I am reiterating that which has been said by others; I went to sleep last night with this weighing heavily on my mind and when I woke up I felt it necessary to say what I was thinking. I didn't bother to go to any of the several other threads on this topic to see if I was being redundant :)

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'laykum wa rahmatullah,

Well, I think its fine even if you're being redundant over goodness or specifically reminders. Sometimes, we just need to be hit a few times to realised what we're doing. Lol. Maybe thats my own idioms.

Well we had so many threads since last night regarding the facebook issue so it wouldnt hurt to have as many threads too; to be reminded of our real battle and journey.

P.S: I guess Im being redundant too here. Sort of lacking in words now.

Now its time to focus on the real issue. Problems within the ummaah, problems within our own self.

Wassalam.

muharram23

Staff member
Asalaamu alaikum-

Ma salaama

Daniel

Salamu alaykum

I totally agree. Usually Muslims don't ask scholars what is appropriate to do rather every muuslim follows their emotions and then they do stupid stuff. Like the Muslims don't offend the prophet :saw:? How many Muslims don't pray, or follow the sunnah, how many go against the sunnah, what abiut all the innovations and shirk that Muslims do. Ahhh I could go on and on. But no time. It is the Muslims that gave an evil image of Islam, the prophet saw and Allah, and not the kuffar.

If we really want to raise the image if our prophet :saw: let us follow him.

Allah knows best

wassaalam

revert2007

Love Fishing
I just looked at your post after I read this reply. JazakAllah khairyn.

I am sorry if I am reiterating that which has been said by others; I went to sleep last night with this weighing heavily on my mind and when I woke up I felt it necessary to say what I was thinking. I didn't bother to go to any of the several other threads on this topic to see if I was being redundant :)

Well the reason I replied to you is not to tell you that you were being redundant but to tell you that other members and I think the same way you do. :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The school marm in me is still there. Many posts ago I declared this was not a battle in the war for me.
Until the Day of Promise we will have fools attempting to dishonor our Islam. Therein is a personal decision: which battle am I going to exhert my limited energies to truly fight.
This does not in anyway make me a lesser faithful Believer. I have chosen battles that I can be more successful in implementing and doing greater good.

Valerie

But I think a better - and more Islamic way - for us to respond is to use today as da'wah, letting our non-Muslim friends know why this is such an affront to us and maybe also dropping in a little of the Sirah as well.

Agree a thousand times on this. The people who made that group did it to stir up trouble. When it is an opportunity to teach people about Islam, it makes those trouble makers look dumb. They hoped for Muslims to throw a fit so they could laugh about it. My husband says that people say things on the internet because they know they won't get a fist in the face for it, things they'd never say to you in person.

Knowledge is a powerful tool, and maybe someone will find happiness when they are told exactly why the group was disrespectful.

I'm rambling :) Done... :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalaamu alaikum-

But I think a better - and more Islamic way - for us to respond is to use today as da'wah, letting our non-Muslim friends know why this is such an affront to us and maybe also dropping in a little of the Sirah as well.

Daniel

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:)
akhi i agree with you:)we do flare up pretty easily.but then again it's hard to keep our calm:D..........i ike that idea!!!perfect one:)

arzafar

sorry but i beg to differ.
i think it's important to send out a strong a message that even though muslims are weak at just about every worldly thing compared to the civilized world, we will not tolerate any nonsense about prophet Muhammad (pbuh). those who want to think muslims/islam is intolerant, let them do so. Even if we bend over backwards, it's not enough to convert anyone. Being a good example to non muslims doesnt include ignoring people who make fun of islam.

reaction should vary with the situation. Unfortunately we dont have the leadership to direct us when/how to react and when to be patient. I think on this particular occasion muslims have been okayish.

DanyalSAC

sorry but i beg to differ.
i think it's important to send out a strong a message that even though muslims are weak at just about every worldly thing compared to the civilized world, we will not tolerate any nonsense about prophet Muhammad (pbuh). those who want to think muslims/islam is intolerant, let them do so. Even if we bend over backwards, it's not enough to convert anyone. Being a good example to non muslims doesnt include ignoring people who make fun of islam.

reaction should vary with the situation. Unfortunately we dont have the leadership to direct us when/how to react and when to be patient. I think on this particular occasion muslims have been okayish.

I don't know about you as you keep your location hidden, but for those of us living in non-Muslim countries, the "fight every little transgression" attitude so many Muslims have IMHO only make matters worse. Little by little we see Europe banning hijab, banning burqa, banning minarettes... all because a bunch of hot-heads declared a death sentence on some Dutch dude who drew the Prophet (pbuh). I am not 100% certain but I am pretty sure there is nothing in the Sunnah saying we need to kill anyone who creates a likeness of the Prophet. Its my understanding - and I have only been Muslim for 17 months - is that Mohammed s.a.w. asked not to have any likeness of him recreated because he didn't want a cult like Christianity to spring up around him, with their images and their crosses etc.

Sorry but I would rather show I'm better than they are by my behavior, instead of trying to shout over them.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I don't know about you as you keep your location hidden, but for those of us living in non-Muslim countries, the "fight every little transgression" attitude so many Muslims have IMHO only make matters worse. Little by little we see Europe banning hijab, banning burqa, banning minarettes... all because a bunch of hot-heads declared a death sentence on some Dutch dude who drew the Prophet (pbuh). I am not 100% certain but I am pretty sure there is nothing in the Sunnah saying we need to kill anyone who creates a likeness of the Prophet. Its my understanding - and I have only been Muslim for 17 months - is that Mohammed s.a.w. asked not to have any likeness of him recreated because he didn't want a cult like Christianity to spring up around him, with their images and their crosses etc.

Sorry but I would rather show I'm better than they are by my behavior, instead of trying to shout over them.

I agree on why we dont draw the Prophet, peace be upon him. I was also under the influence on that is why.

On your first post, I have been saying this all along. Not worded as well but same meaning, lol.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:

This is a excerpt from the article I posted on the news section. See what the Scholar from Saudi Arabia has to say about this issue.

Saudi scholar Ghasssam Al-Ghain said Muslims should ignore such issues and focus on showing the world Islam in its true spirit, something that he said is not happening nowadays. “To market Islam we should apply the ethics we have learned and keep everything clean and pure,” he said, adding that young Muslims should fight back by presenting a positive image of their countries, religion and Prophet. “Let the youth at least invest in and invent products that can keep us away from relying on their societies. Rather than focusing on wearing low-cut pants and showing their underwear in public, be men and useful members of society,” he said. Al-Ghain said boycotts are useless as they could lead Western countries to stop selling important products, such as medicine and hospital equipment, to Muslim countries. “People who call for boycotts think childishly,” he said.

Al-Ghain said cartoons depicting the Prophet in an offending manner cannot harm him. He added that a person who defames the Prophet is “just like a man who throws a handful of sand toward the sun just to find the sand falling over his own head.”

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Asalamu alaikum.

Subhanallah, this is so true. This whole situation does make my blood boil, but you know what, all they want is for us to be like them and cause trouble. Allah swt says

“…[They] will never be pleased with you until you follow their religion. Say: Surely Allah’s guidance, that is the (true) guidance. And if you follow their desires after the knowledge that has come to you, you shall have no guardian from Allah, nor any helper.” (Qur’an, 2:120)

IF our Lord is telling us that, we shouldn't fight them, but teach them. They are ignorant about islam, but u know what...at least on they day of judgment we won't be held responsible because all these people CANT claim to have not known about Islam.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
'O Allah, give us patience with these people! 'O Allah, Remove this hatred they have for us from their hearts! Ya Allah, Guide them and show them the true path! Ya Allah, Make us among those who sacrificed their worldly lives for your religion!Aameen

:salam2:

facebook people

see this article:http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20005574-245.html

just a thought.

when I went to the masjid today I was just smiling, as no one even knows about this ordeal. I guess that is what you get if you let the internet get to you. Remember, the internet is like a any electronic, you control the switch. Turn it on or turn it off as you please. But don't subject yourself to too much of this, because really it is not going to help you in that way.

remember physical communication outweighs any other limited type of communication.

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

akhi i can see you point but i'm afraid i can't agree with you there.they are getting bolder seeing we are too weak to fight,so they are dacing on our heads now:(they would have done all that any wayz..........as far as i know soon salah and keeping a copy of Quran will be banned too....reason the same insane reason!!let's see the reasons for this are goin to be:terrorist religious acts or something!!

i think pakistan did something very suitable(no i'm not rambling coz it's my country)they blocked twitter,youtube and facebook to show we have no nonsence about us and at the same time kept the masses calm:)(i mean lasst time "taking to streets" thing happened)the ministry inalkl polit tones tells the world why we did this!!!so good job!!;)

Asalamu alaikum.

Subhanallah, this is so true. This whole situation does make my blood boil, but you know what, all they want is for us to be like them and cause trouble. Allah swt says

“…[They] will never be pleased with you until you follow their religion. Say: Surely Allah’s guidance, that is the (true) guidance. And if you follow their desires after the knowledge that has come to you, you shall have no guardian from Allah, nor any helper.” (Qur’an, 2:120)

IF our Lord is telling us that, we shouldn't fight them, but teach them. They are ignorant about islam, but u know what...at least on they day of judgment we won't be held responsible because all these people CANT claim to have not known about Islam.

jazakallah khairan sister for providing the ayah,i think everything of what we ought ot doa dn ought not to is present in this aya:)!!!

'O Allah, give us patience with these people! 'O Allah, Remove this hatred they have for us from their hearts! Ya Allah, Guide them and show them the true path! Ya Allah, Make us among those who sacrificed their worldly lives for your religion!Aameen

ameen ameen ameen.....

Ibn Uthaymin

Salamu alaykum

I totally agree. Usually Muslims don't ask scholars what is appropriate to do rather every muuslim follows their emotions and then they do stupid stuff. Like the Muslims don't offend the prophet :saw:? How many Muslims don't pray, or follow the sunnah, how many go against the sunnah, what abiut all the innovations and shirk that Muslims do. Ahhh I could go on and on. But no time. It is the Muslims that gave an evil image of Islam, the prophet saw and Allah, and not the kuffar.

If we really want to raise the image if our prophet :saw: let us follow him.

Allah knows best

wassaalam

Jazakallah khayran :)

Personally, waking up and praying Fajr in the mosque is an acheivement. I`ll stick to that. :)