can i lead my ibn?

umYaniah

my ibn is reaching the age of pubity, while he knows alittle, he is not fully of understanding, the importance of the salah and performing as if allah stood before him. can i lead in until he is reeeaaaallllyyyyy ready to lead the salat or pray without him? allah knows best.:tti_sister:

salam

:salam2:

From what i know sister it is not allowed for a female to lead a male ( some one who reaches pubertiy) he should go throught the actions untill he learns how to pray.

and Allah know best if i have made a mistake then it is from me

:wasalam:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

More knowledagble Brothers/Sisters would be able to answer this thoroughly...But I think Women can ONLY lead Women...

You can make him practise Salah outside & then take him to you nearest Mosque Insha'Allah;

We do it all the time with kids in the School as they go through the motions & then they actually pray in the Mosque in congregation so they learn and practice at the same time.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
The boy is a Mahram, so I think it's ok. He can't marry her, so contact is allowed, and so is prayer together (alone).

Puberty doesn't make one a non-Mahram, it just makes one responsible for his/her actions.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
A boy leading a woman in prayer and vice versa​
Question:
Can my 7yr old lead me in salaah? can i lead him in salaah being his mother? note:he learnt how to pray by copying me and following me in salaah

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is OK for a boy who understands the prayer to lead others in prayer, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “People should be led in prayer by the one who knows the most Qur’aan among them.” (Narrated by Muslim, al-Masaajid wa Mawaadi’ al-Salaah, 1078). And it was narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari that ‘Amr ibn Salamah al-Jarami said: “My father came from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said that he had heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say, ‘When the time for prayer comes, let the one among you who knows the most Qur’aan lead you in prayer.’ They looked and they did not find anyone who knew more Qur’aan than me, so they made me lead them in prayer, and I was a boy of six or seven years.” (al-Maghaazi, 3963. See Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 7/389-390)

The evidence to be found in the hadeeth is that these Sahaabah asked ‘Amr ibn Salamah to lead them in prayer when he was six or seven years old. This indicates that a boy who has reached the age of discernment can lead the prayers. If that were not permitted, there would have been Revelation to say that it was not allowed. (Ahkaam al-Imaamah wa’l-I’timaam fi’l-Salaah by ‘Abd al-Muhsin al-Muneef).

If your son fulfils all the conditions and obligations of the prayer, then there is nothing wrong with him leading you.

With regard to a woman leading a boy in prayer, this is not permissible, because he comes under the same rulings as a man. What is permitted is for a woman to lead other women in prayer, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded Umm Waraqah bint ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Nawfal to lead the members of her household – i.e., the women – in prayer. (Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Salaah, Imaamat al-Nisaa’, 500, Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan Abi Dawood, 553).

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

What I would suggest is that you pray in front of him separately (not in congregation with him), while he is a little behind (also praying separately), so that he can imitate you. He, of course, has to learn what to say during prayer. This is until he can pray independently with self-confidence.

Allah knows best.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Insha'Allah he can learn by watching, then perfect it by visiting the Mosque & then lead her 1 day.