<<< Spreading the 'ILM >>>

Kakorot

:wasalam:

Prophet Muhammad :saw2: said: "Seeking Knowledge is obligatory upon every Muslim." (Related by Ibn 'Adiyy, Al-Bayhaqi & Al-Tabarani).

Knowledge of the deen is obligatory upon every Muslim, be they male of female.

Next topic: magic

Channa: 9 points

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:wasalam:

Prophet Muhammad :saw2: said: "Seeking Knowledge is obligatory upon every Muslim." (Related by Ibn 'Adiyy, Al-Bayhaqi & Al-Tabarani).

Knowledge of the deen is obligatory upon every Muslim, be they male of female.

Next topic: magic

Channa: 9 points

Sulaymaan did not disbelieve, but the Shayaateen (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic…”

[al-Baqarah 2:102]

“but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, ‘We are for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us)’”

[al-Baqarah 2:102]

This proves that that magic is kufr

Most of the Shaafa’i fuqahaa’ were of the view that the one who practices magic is not a kaafir unless he believes that magic is permitted or he believes something like the people of Babylon believed, that practicing magic would bring them closer to the seven stars [which they used to worship].

This is subject to further debate; there is no evidence to suggest that (describing the one who practices magic as a kaafir) is conditional upon his believing that to be permissible

next topic:hell guards

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Hell Guards

40_49.png

And those in the Fire will say to the Guards of Hell, "Supplicate your Lord to lighten for us a day from the punishment."

Next Topic: Smile :)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salaamu 'Aleykum

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “Do not abuse anyone…Do not look down upon any good work, and when you speak to your brother, show him a cheerful face.” - Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1889

*Show him a cheerful face as in, give him a toothy grin:biggrin::biggrin:

Next Topic:Kiraaman Kaatibeen

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

SubhanAllaah I'm losing at my own game! But it seems to be good alhamdulillah, lots of good ayaat and hadeeth here! I'm going to slightly change the rules though --- we'll score the points at the end of every week. If I'm not around I'd request we just please have someone announce at the end of Sunday the winner and then we'll re-start the counting again from Monday inshaAllaah. This will give a chance for everyone to win =) (myself included lol)

Anyways the Hadeeth:

Umm Habeebah bint Abi Sufyaan reported from Zaynab bint Jahsh (may Allaah be pleased with them) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered upon her in an agitated state and said, “Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah, woe to the Arabs from an evil that has approached! Today a hole like this has been opened in the barrier of Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj,” and he made a circle with his thumb and forefinger. Zaynab bint Jahsh said: “I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, will we be destroyed even though there are righteous people among us?’ He said, ‘Yes, if evil becomes overwhelming.’” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 3097).

My comments: This hadeeth about them was mentioned 1400 years ago ... what is our state now? What are the state of our righteous? subhanAllaah ... these signs and the Day of Judgment may be right around the corner and we remain woefully ignorant!

May Allaah protect us.

Next: Pomegranate !

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa'aleykum Salaam!
^^ welcome back sis:)

"There is not a pomegranate which does not have a pip from one of the pomegranate of the Garden(of Jannah) in it."[Abu Nu'aim]

"Pomegranate and its rind strengthen digestion (stomach)."
[narrated Ali(radhiyallahu anhu), (Abu Nu'aim)

*It is said that pomegranate fruit fights various illnesses masha'allah!

Next Topic: Children

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Pomegranate

6_141.png

And He it is who causes gardens to grow, [both] trellised and untrellised, and palm trees and crops of different [kinds of] food and olives and pomegranates, similar and dissimilar. Eat of [each of] its fruit when it yields and give its due [zakah] on the day of its harvest. And be not excessive. Indeed, He does not like those who commit excess. [Al-'An`am 6:141]

Next Topic : Scholars

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Children

lol I was slow ><

3_10.png

Indeed, those who disbelieve - never will their wealth or their children avail them against Allah at all. And it is they who are fuel for the Fire. [Surah Al-Imran 3:10]

Next Topic : Scholars

Hudda

TAWHID

The Statement of Allah azawajl. "And He is the All-Mighty, the All Wise(V.14:14) "Glorified be your Lord, the Lord of Honour and Power.(He is free)from what they attribute unto Him" (V.37:180). "But Honour, Power and Glory belong to Allah and His Messenger......"(V.63:8)
Chapter 3 The Book of Tauhid- Sahih Al-Bukhari

Tawakul

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

Allah swt says about Scholars in the Qur'an-

"Innama Yakhsha- Allaha min 'Ibaadihil 'Ulamaa...'"
"The most god-fearing of you are the 'Ulamaa's(people of knowledge)"

^ahem, tht was my own translation:)- Not sure if it's right, so feel free to correct me anyone Insha'allah!

Next Topic: Disbelievers

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Tawakkal

As-salamu 'Aleykum!

"Wa yarzuqhu min haythu la yahtasib, wa man yatawakkal 'ala-Allahi fahuwa hasbuhu Inna Allaha baalighu Amrihi, qad ja'ala-Allahu likulli shay'in qadra"

"And He provides for him from where he does not reckon. And whoever puts trust in Allah, so Allah is sufficient for him. Surely Allah will accomplish His purpose. And Allah has set a measure for all things"
(surah 66, ayah 3)

The following is an excerpt of commentary on this ayah, from Tafsir Ibn Kathir:
*Whoever has Taqwa of Allah in what He has commanded and avoids what He has forbidden, then Allah will make a way out for him from every difficulty and will provide for him from resources he never anticipated or thought about… Allah will execute His decisions and judgement that He made for him, in whatever way He wills and chooses.<<got it frm a cool site:)

'kay then-
Next Topic: Disbelivers

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Disbelievers

60_13.png

O you who have believed, do not make allies of a people with whom Allah has become angry. They have despaired of [reward in] the Hereafter just as the disbelievers have despaired of [meeting] the inhabitants of the graves. [Surah Mumtahanah 60:13]

Next : Wealth

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
The likeness of those who spend their wealth in the Way of Allah, is as the likeness of a grain (of corn); it grows seven ears, and each ear has a hundred grains. Allah gives manifold increase to whom He pleases. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures needs, All-Knower.[2:261]

Next: Hell fire

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

"Wa amma man khaffat mawazinuh- FA ummuhu hawiyah- Wa ma adraaka maa hiyah- Naarun Haamiyah"

"But as for Him whose(of good deeds) will be light- He will have his home in haawaiyah- And what will make you know what it is?- (it is) a fiercely Blazing Fire"

( Surat Al-Qari'ah, ayahs 8-11)

*May Allah SWT save us from This fire!!

[Next Topic: Masihu Dajjal

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!

Reported in Sahih Muslim

Book 041, Hadith Number 7007.
------------------------------
Chapter : Account of the Dajjal and his features and what would be along with.

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: There is never a prophet who has not warned the Ummah of that one-eyed liar; behold he is one-eyed and your Lord is not one-eyed. On his forehead are the letters k.f.r (Kafir).

Next : Companions of Prophet (pbuh)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

[48:29] "Muhammad - the messenger of GOD - and those with him are harsh and stern against the disbelievers, but kind and compassionate amongst themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating, as they seek GOD's blessings and approval. Their marks are on their faces, because of prostrating. This is the same example as in the Torah. Their example
in the Gospel is like plants that grow taller and stronger, and please the farmers. He thus enrages the disbelievers. GOD promises THOSE AMONG THEM who believe, and lead a righteous life, forgiveness and a great recompense."

*As we can see, God was pleased with these "Sahabas" for what they did at that time, supporting the Prophet and standing with him against the aggressors. There is no guarantee or promise by God in these verses that these "Sahabas" would not make any mistakes, turn back on their heels or stay on the right path. Notice the expression in 48:29, "THOSE AMONG THEM", which tells you, it is not ALL of them. God in the Quran told us about those who believe, then disbelieve then believe again then disbelieve, see 4:137, which reminds us that once you blessed with becoming a believer, there is not a guarantee that you stay a believer. What happened to some of these "Sahabas" as we know from history confirms such that. <<<May Allah swt lead us All in the way of our Prophet and the sahabas.Aameen

Next Topic:Zinah

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Zinah

17_32.png

And do not approach unlawful sexual intercourse. Indeed, it is ever an immorality and is evil as a way. [Surah Al-Isra' 17:32]

Next : Grave

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

Sahih Muslim Book 4, Hadith # 2121
Narrated AbuMarthad al-Ghanawi (R.'A) Allah's Messenger (SAW) said: "Do not sit on the graves and do not pray facing towards them."

*..And yet when we go to the burial, we see people sitting on the graves and crying their eyes out subhanallah!!

Next Topic:Lying

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Lying

My first post with ahadith!

Narrated by Abu Bakr, Allah's Apostle said thrice:
"'Shall I not inform you of the biggest of the great sins?' We said ' Yes, O Allah's Apostle '. He said, ' To join partners in worship with Allah, To be undutiful to one's parents '. The prophet sat up after he had been reclining and added, ' And I warn you against giving forged statements and a false witness; I warn you against giving forged statements and a false witness '. The Prophet kept on saying that till we thought that he would not stop " (Bukhari, Book of Good Manners)

Next : Quran