help me understand!!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!!

hope everyone is in the best of health and imaan.

plzz help me understand this aya'.what does it mean when it says in different froms:confused:??
surah alwaqia-ayah-61-62
عَلَىٰ أَن نُّبَدِّلَ أَمْثَالَكُمْ وَنُنشِئَكُمْ فِي مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ ﴿٦١﴾ وَلَقَدْ عَلِمْتُمُ النَّشْأَةَ الْأُولَىٰ فَلَوْلَا تَذَكَّرُونَ

yousaf Ali transaltion:
From changing your forms and creating you(again)in (forms)that ye know not.And ye certainly know already the first form of creation:why then ye not celebrate HIS praises?

picthall translation:
That WE may transfigure you and make you what ye know not.And verily you know the first creation.why,then,do ye not reflect?

something very disturbing comes to my mind everyday i go through this aya'.something that is in HINdu religion:(!!
jazakallah khairan in advance!!

:wasalam:wa rahamtullahi wa barakatuhu!!

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!!

hope everyone is in the best of health and imaan.

plzz help me understand this aya'.what does it mean when it says in different froms:confused:??
surah alwaqia-ayah-21,22
عَلَىٰ أَن نُّبَدِّلَ أَمْثَالَكُمْ وَنُنشِئَكُمْ فِي مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ ﴿٦١﴾ وَلَقَدْ عَلِمْتُمُ النَّشْأَةَ الْأُولَىٰ فَلَوْلَا تَذَكَّرُونَ

yousaf Ali transaltion:
From changing your forms and creating you(again)in (forms)that ye know not.And ye certainly know already the first form of creation:why then ye not celebrate HIS praises?

picthall translation:
That WE may transfigure you and make you what ye know not.And verily you know the first creation.why,then,do ye not reflect?

something very disturbing comes to my mind everyday i go through this aya'.something that is in HINdu religion:(!!
jazakallah khairan in advance!!

:wasalam:wa rahamtullahi wa barakatuhu!!

:salam2: sister,

these ayahs not Surah Al Waqi'ah :verse 21-22

Surah Al waqi'ah : Ayah 21-22 are

56_21.png
And the flesh of fowls that they desire.

56_22.png
And (there will be) Houris (fair females) with wide, lovely eyes (as wives for the pious),

Made Sarah

Servant of Allah
Staff member
Assalamu 3alaykum wa ra7matu Allahi wa barakatuhu.

Sister, you mean ayat 61&62 from Soorah Al Waqia?

"61. From changing your Forms and creating you (again) in (Forms) that ye know not.
62. And ye certainly know already the first form of creation: why then do ye not celebrate His praises?" (English translation, Yusuf Ali)

Because 21&22 are exactly like Ansari has just posted, barak Allahu feek.

In sha Allah, I will write the commentary I have found in an English translation of the Qu'ran (refering to these ayat):

"Just as Allah has created this life that we see, so He has decreed that death should be the common lot of all of us. Surely, if He can thus give life and death, as we see it, why should we refuse to believe that He can give us other forms when this life is over? The Future Life, though indicated by what we know now, is to be on a wholly different plane."

I will research more and get back with an answer, in sha Allah. I also want to add the fact that the commentary I have just posted is also related to aya 60, so take everything into account when reading it.

believers_path

A beautiful explanation of commentary given by Abu-ala-maududi:
That is,
verse 61: "Just as We(Allah s.w.t) were not powerless to create you in your present form and appearance, so also We are not powerless to change the method of your creation and bring you into being in another form and shape with another set of qualities and characteristics. Today the method We have adopted for your creation is that conception takes place by your sperm then you arc gradually form and developed in your mother's womb, and then you are brought out as a child. This method of creation also has been devised by Us. But this is not the only method apart from which We may not he(humanbeing) knowing, or may not be able to adopt, any other method. On the Day of Resurrection We can create you in the form of the man of the same age at which you died. Today We have set one particular measure for your sight and hearing and other faculties. But this is not the only measure that We have for man, which We may not have the power to change. On the Day of Resurrection We shall change it absolutely; so much so that you will be able to see and hear things which you cannot see and cannot hear here. Today your skin and your limbs and your eyes do not possess the power of speech. But, it is We Who have given the tongue the power of speech; so We are not powerless to cause your every limb and every part of the skin of yow body to speak by Our command on the Day of Resurrection. Today you live up to a certain age and then die. Your this living and dying also is controlled by a law ordained by Us. Tomorrow We can make another law to control yow life under which you may never die. Today you can endure punishment only to a certain extent: you cannot survive if the punishment is increased beyond it. This rule also has been made by Us. Tomorrow We can make another rule for you Under which you will be able to suffer much severer punishments endlessly, and death would not come to you even if you were given the severest torment. Today you cannot imagine that an old man could return to youth, that he could never become ill, that a young man could never be old, and, that he could stay young for ever and ever. But youth here changes into old age according to the biological laws made by Us. Tomorrow We can make some other laws for your life under which every old man may become young as soon as he entered Paradise and stay young and healthy eternally.
verse :62That is, "You already know how you were created in the first instance, how the sperm was transferred from the loins of the father by which you came into being, how you were nourished in the mother's womb, which was no less dark than the grave, and formed into a living human being, how an insignificant speak was developed and endowed with the heart and brain, eyes and ears, and hands and feet, and how it was blessed with the wonderful faculties of intellect and sense, knowledge and wisdom, workmanship and inventiveness, etc. Is this miracle in any way less wonderful than raising the dead back to life ? And when you are witnessing this wonderful miracle with your own eyes and are yourselves a living evidence of it in the world, why don't you then learn the lesson that the same God Who by His power is causing this miracle to take place day and night, can also cause the miracle of life after death, Resurrection and Hell and Heaven to take place by the same power?"

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2: sister,

these ayahs not Surah Al Waqi'ah :verse 21-22

Surah Al waqi'ah : Ayah 21-22 are

56_21.png
And the flesh of fowls that they desire.

56_22.png
And (there will be) Houris (fair females) with wide, lovely eyes (as wives for the pious),
:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!!

yeah sorry akhi i realized my mistake i got confused in how the arabic/urdu 2 and 6 are written.jazakallah kahiran for your pointing it out bhai!!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamu 3alaykum wa ra7matu Allahi wa barakatuhu.

Sister, you mean ayat 61&62 from Soorah Al Waqia?

"61. From changing your Forms and creating you (again) in (Forms) that ye know not.
62. And ye certainly know already the first form of creation: why then do ye not celebrate His praises?" (English translation, Yusuf Ali)

Because 21&22 are exactly like Ansari has just posted, barak Allahu feek.

In sha Allah, I will write the commentary I have found in an English translation of the Qu'ran (refering to these ayat):

"Just as Allah has created this life that we see, so He has decreed that death should be the common lot of all of us. Surely, if He can thus give life and death, as we see it, why should we refuse to believe that He can give us other forms when this life is over? The Future Life, though indicated by what we know now, is to be on a wholly different plane."

I will research more and get back with an answer, in sha Allah. I also want to add the fact that the commentary I have just posted is also related to aya 60, so take everything into account when reading it.

sis yeah it's the ayah i posted that i'm Questioning about.got th numbers wron actually:eek:

that line in boldred is what i want to know about.you know there is a concept in hinduism about other forms of life after death.si this ayah about that??

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
A beautiful explanation of commentary given by Abu-ala-maududi:
That is,
verse 61: "Just as We(Allah s.w.t) were not powerless to create you in your present form and appearance, so also We are not powerless to change the method of your creation and bring you into being in another form and shape with another set of qualities and characteristics. Today the method We have adopted for your creation is that conception takes place by your sperm then you arc gradually form and developed in your mother's womb, and then you are brought out as a child. This method of creation also has been devised by Us. But this is not the only method apart from which We may not he(humanbeing) knowing, or may not be able to adopt, any other method. On the Day of Resurrection We can create you in the form of the man of the same age at which you died. Today We have set one particular measure for your sight and hearing and other faculties. But this is not the only measure that We have for man, which We may not have the power to change. On the Day of Resurrection We shall change it absolutely; so much so that you will be able to see and hear things which you cannot see and cannot hear here. Today your skin and your limbs and your eyes do not possess the power of speech. But, it is We Who have given the tongue the power of speech; so We are not powerless to cause your every limb and every part of the skin of yow body to speak by Our command on the Day of Resurrection. Today you live up to a certain age and then die. Your this living and dying also is controlled by a law ordained by Us. Tomorrow We can make another law to control yow life under which you may never die. Today you can endure punishment only to a certain extent: you cannot survive if the punishment is increased beyond it. This rule also has been made by Us. Tomorrow We can make another rule for you Under which you will be able to suffer much severer punishments endlessly, and death would not come to you even if you were given the severest torment. Today you cannot imagine that an old man could return to youth, that he could never become ill, that a young man could never be old, and, that he could stay young for ever and ever. But youth here changes into old age according to the biological laws made by Us. Tomorrow We can make some other laws for your life under which every old man may become young as soon as he entered Paradise and stay young and healthy eternally.
verse :62That is, "You already know how you were created in the first instance, how the sperm was transferred from the loins of the father by which you came into being, how you were nourished in the mother's womb, which was no less dark than the grave, and formed into a living human being, how an insignificant speak was developed and endowed with the heart and brain, eyes and ears, and hands and feet, and how it was blessed with the wonderful faculties of intellect and sense, knowledge and wisdom, workmanship and inventiveness, etc. Is this miracle in any way less wonderful than raising the dead back to life ? And when you are witnessing this wonderful miracle with your own eyes and are yourselves a living evidence of it in the world, why don't you then learn the lesson that the same God Who by His power is causing this miracle to take place day and night, can also cause the miracle of life after death, Resurrection and Hell and Heaven to take place by the same power?"

jazaakallah khairan for this commentary i got tafheem at my place sis but i got confused anyways:p

actually i want to know if......whether the ayah refers to the fact that our souls will be given new bodies after our death:confused:you know the hindu concept of how a cruel prince would become a faithful dog,a dog into a kind lady and a kind poor lady into a.....and the cycle goes on.like the next life thing??or it is called janaum in urdu i think:confused:

hope you got me sis??

that the soul of one is return to the other??that sounds strange:confused:

Made Sarah

Servant of Allah
Staff member
actually i want to know if......whether the ayah refers to the fact that our souls will be given new bodies after our death:confused:you know the hindu concept of how a cruel prince would become a faithful dog,a dog into a kind lady and a kind poor lady into a.....and the cycle goes on.like the next life thing??or it is called janaum in urdu i think:confused:
hope you got me sis??
that the soul of one is return to the other??that sounds strange:confused:

Assalamu 3alaykum wa ra7matu Allahi wa barakatuhu. Yes, sis, I understand what you mean, and I can tell for sure that the verses that you've mentioned have nothing to do with the concept of 'karma' (before reverting to Islam I read a lot about other religions and I used to be quite familiar with this thing people call 'karma'; and even Christians who believe in karma tried to find verses from the bible that might support their 'theory' etc.). I really admire your determination in trying to understand and clarify the ayat, ma sha Allah.

I don't have much to say, but all in all, there is no such thing in Islam as 'reincarnation', 'second chances in this earthly life' Astagfirullah. We live only one time in this Dunya and we are going to be held accountable for the way we've lived our earthly lives.

And I second brother Ayman, we should take into consideration the preceding verses.

Dear sis, I am searching for more info on this matter, In sha Allah when I will find something I'll post it here, In sha Allah.

Wa 3alaykum assalam wa ra7matu Allahi wa barakatuhu.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamu 3alaykum wa ra7matu Allahi wa barakatuhu. Yes, sis, I understand what you mean, and I can tell for sure that the verses that you've mentioned have nothing to do with the concept of 'karma' (before reverting to Islam I read a lot about other religions and I used to be quite familiar with this thing people call 'karma'; and even Christians who believe in karma tried to find verses from the bible that might support their 'theory' etc.). I really admire your determination in trying to understand and clarify the ayat, ma sha Allah.

I don't have much to say, but all in all, there is no such thing in Islam as 'reincarnation', 'second chances in this earthly life' Astagfirullah. We live only one time in this Dunya and we are going to be held accountable for the way we've lived our earthly lives.

And I second brother Ayman, we should take into consideration the preceding verses.

Dear sis, I am searching for more info on this matter, In sha Allah when I will find something I'll post it here, In sha Allah.

Wa 3alaykum assalam wa ra7matu Allahi wa barakatuhu.

yes sister i know about us having our only chance here.that is why i was reluctant to mention the karma thing:eek:could have caused doubts in new muslims or others!!it seems like kuffar.....no i mean to say it is kuffar to think such but since i couldn't understand i decided to ask.

surely no second chances!!

i would want to hear more on this:)!!

jazakallah khairan for helping...

:wasalam:wa rahamtullahi wa barakatuhu.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Sister, you left out the preceding verse that introduces the subject:

"We have decreed death among you, and We are not to be outdone " (56:60). In other words, God is stating His power to create as He wills. So, a proper translation of these three verses, I suggest, is:

"We have decreed death among you, and We are not to be outdone;
In that We [may] replace you with [creatures] like you, and initiate you in what you do not know.
And you have already known the first creation; if only you remember!"(56:60-62)

The verses do not say that this will happen, it only says that God can do it.

so like it says HE can do it!!would that mean HE may give our souls different bodies and make them alive after we die!!..........is this what the aya means.that it is in ALLAH's power(no doubt).that he destroys us and then resurrects us in froms we know not??

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
jazakallah khairan.think most of it is clear xcept one last thing.............our souls,everyone have one,a distinct one.is it right from the from the begining??the rooh which helps us move around and all.it is ours right.so when he dies the rooh stays(his but free) till resurrection???...........actually a sufi minded teacher of mine argued that the number of souls was constant and that when one dies his soul is put into another person/human who is born:confused:like more bodies are created but souls/rooh have been created from abad(begining)and that xcept the prophet's souls,others are not specifically for one person:(

so that was the main source of confusion when i studied the ayah first!!

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
:salam2:

here's the explanation for these ayats that i copied from tafseer ibn kathir

Proof that Resurrection will occur

Allah asserts that Resurrection will occur and refutes the misguided atheists who deny it, those who said,

أَءِذَا مِتْنَا وَكُنَّا تُرَاباً وَعِظَـماً أَءِنَّا لَمَبْعُوثُونَ

(When we die and become dust and bones, shall we then indeed be resurrected) ﴿56:47﴾ They said this statement in denial and discounting Resurrection. Allah the Exalted said,

نَحْنُ خَلَقْنَـكُمْ

(We created you,) meaning, `We have created you after you were nothing. Therefore, is not that Who is able to start the creation, more able to bring it back' Allah's statement,

فَلَوْلاَ تُصَدِّقُونَ

(then why do you believe not) `why do you not then believe in Resurrection' Then Allah said, while bringing forth evidence that Resurrection occurs,

أَفَرَءَيْتُمْ مَّا تُمْنُونَ - أَءَنتُمْ تَخْلُقُونَهُ أَم نَحْنُ الْخَـلِقُونَ

(Do you not see the semen you emit. Is it you who create it, or are We the Creator) meaning, `do you make the semen remain in the wombs and create life from it therein, stage after stage Or is Allah the One Who does all this' Allah said,

نَحْنُ قَدَّرْنَا بَيْنَكُمُ الْمَوْتَ

(We have decreed death to you all,) meaning, `We made death exist between you.' Ad-Dahhak commented, "Allah made the residents of the heavens and earth equal with regards to death.'' Allah said,

وَمَا نَحْنُ بِمَسْبُوقِينَ

(and We are not outstripped,) meaning, `We are never unable,'

عَلَى أَن نُّبَدِّلَ أَمْثَـلَكُمْ

(To transfigure you), meaning, `to change your current shapes, on the Day of Resurrection,'

وَنُنشِئَكُمْ فِى مَا لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ

(and create you in that you know not.) meaning, `out of shapes and forms.' Allah the Exalted said,

وَلَقَدْ عَلِمْتُمُ النَّشْأَةَ الاٍّولَى فَلَوْلاَ تَذَكَّرُونَ

(And indeed, you have already known the first form of creation, why then do you not remember) meaning, `you know that Allah has created you after you were nothing. He created you and gave you hearing, sight and hearts. Will you not then remember and take heed that He Who is able to create you in the beginning is more able to bring you back and resurrect you to life anew' Allah the Exalted said in other Ayat,

وَهُوَ الَّذِى يَبْدَأُ الْخَلْقَ ثُمَّ يُعِيدُهُ وَهُوَ أَهْوَنُ عَلَيْهِ

(And He it is Who originates the creation, then He will repeat it; and this is easier for Him.)(30:27),

أَوَلاَ يَذْكُرُ إلإِنْسَـنُ أَنَّا خَلَقْنَاهُ مِن قَبْلُ وَلَمْ يَكُ شَيْئاً

(Does not man remember that We created him before, while he was nothing)(19:67),

أَوَلَمْ يَرَ الإِنسَـنُ أَنَّا خَلَقْنَـهُ مِن نُّطْفَةٍ فَإِذَا هُوَ خَصِيمٌ مٌّبِينٌ - وَضَرَبَ لَنَا مَثَلاً وَنَسِىَ خَلْقَهُ قَالَ مَن يُحىِ الْعِظَـمَ وَهِىَ رَمِيمٌ - قُلْ يُحْيِيهَا الَّذِى أَنشَأَهَآ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ وَهُوَ بِكُلِّ خَلْقٍ عَلِيمٌ

(Does not man see that We have created him from Nutfah. Yet behold he (stands forth) as an open opponent. And he puts forth for Us a parable, and forgets his own creation. He says: " Who will give life to these bones after they are rotten and have become dust'' Say: "He will give life to them Who created them for the first time! And He is the All-Knower of every creation.'')(36:77-79), and,

أَيَحْسَبُ الإِنسَـنُ أَن يُتْرَكَ سُدًى - أَلَمْ يَكُ نُطْفَةً مِّن مَّنِىٍّ يُمْنَى - ثُمَّ كَانَ عَلَقَةً فَخَلَقَ فَسَوَّى - فَجَعَلَ مِنْهُ الزَّوْجَيْنِ الذَّكَرَ وَالاٍّنثَى - أَلَيْسَ ذَلِكَ بِقَـدِرٍ عَلَى أَن يُحْيِىَ الْمَوْتَى

(Does man think that he will be left neglected Was he not a Nutfah of semen emitted Then he became an `Alaqah (a clot); then shaped and fashioned in due proportion. And made of him two sexes, male and female. Is not He able to give life to the dead)(75:36-40)

أَفَرَءَيْتُم مَّا تَحْرُثُونَ - أَءَنتُمْ تَزْرَعُونَهُ أَمْ نَحْنُ الزَرِعُونَ - لَوْ نَشَآءُ لَجَعَلْنَاهُ حُطَـماً فَظَلْتُمْ تَفَكَّهُونَ - إِنَّا لَمُغْرَمُونَ - بَلْ نَحْنُ مَحْرُومُونَ - أَفَرَءَيْتُمُ الْمَآءَ الَّذِى تَشْرَبُونَ - أَءَنتُمْ أَنزَلْتُمُوهُ مِنَ الْمُزْنِ أَمْ نَحْنُ الْمُنزِلُونَ - لَوْ نَشَآءُ جَعَلْنَـهُ أُجَاجاً فَلَوْلاَ تَشْكُرُونَ - أَفَرَءَيْتُمُ النَّارَ الَّتِى تُورُونَ - أَءَنتُمْ أَنشَأْتُمْ شَجَرَتَهَآ أَمْ نَحْنُ الْمُنشِئُونَ - نَحْنُ جَعَلْنَـهَا تَذْكِرَةً وَمَتَـعاً لِّلْمُقْوِينَ - فَسَبِّحْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الْعَظِيمِ

(63. Do you not see what you sow.) (64. Is it you that make it grow, or are We the Grower) (65. Were it Our will, We could crumble it to dry pieces, and you would be Tafakkahun.) (66. (Saying: ) "We are indeed Mughramun!'') (67. "Nay, but we are deprived!'') (68. Do you not see the water that you drink.) (69. Is it you who cause it to come down from Al-Muzn, or are We the Cause of it coming down) (70. If We willed, We verily could make it salty; why then do you not give thanks) (71. Do you not see the fire which you kindle.) (72. Is it you who made the tree thereof to grow, or are We the Grower) (73. We have made it a Reminder, and an article of use for the Muqwin.) (74. Then glorify with praises the Name of your Lord, the Most Great.)

hope it helps :)

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
maybe you should understand what happens to us after we die, study about the torment of the grave, i noticed some post by brother and sisters on this
thread were very good and made somethings clear to me.

the question you have about reincarnation, and saying:

'actually i want to know if......whether the ayah refers to the fact that our souls will be given new bodies after our death
that the soul of one is return to the other??that sounds strange'

no question relating to islam and our deen sounds strange because you need an answer and you need to learn from it and understand so ask whatever you want.

as for your question, lets just put the ayah on side for a minute and how about you research like i said the torment of the grave and what happens after we die. when you do this, i think and hope the ayah becomes more easy for you to understand in regards to reincarnation and souls be given new bodies.

after i read this:

“The belief of Ahlu As-Sunnah Wal-Jama`ah is that there is torment and punishment in the grave and life in Al-Barzakh
(the interval between death and the Day of Resurrection), and there is blessing and pleasure, according to the status of the deceased.

According to the hadith narrated by `A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) she said that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)
used to finish his prayer by saying: "O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the torment of the grave, I seek refuge in You from the tribulation of the Dajjaal
(the Antichrist), I seek refuge in You from the trials of life and death, O Allah, I seek refuge in You from sin and ruin.”
(Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

The relevant point in this hadith is that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to seek refuge with Allah from the torment of the grave.
This is one of the pieces of evidence that confirm the torment of the grave. No one disputed the torment of the grave apart from the Mu`tazilah and
some other groups whose views do not attract any consideration.

According to the most correct scholarly view, the torment of the grave befalls both the soul and the body. Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah
(may Allah have mercy on him) said:

“The view of the Salaf (Ancestors) of this Ummah and its Imams is that the torment or blessing (of the grave) happens to the soul of the
deceased and his body. After it departs the body, the soul continues to be blessed or punished, and it is also connected to the body from time to time,
so that the blessing or torment reflects on the body as well as the soul.”

So we must believe in that which Allah has told us.” (al-Ikhtiyaaraat al-Fiqhiyyah, p. 94)

The scholars likened that to dreams, for when sleeping a person may dream that he is traveling, and he may feel happiness or grief and sorrow. Imagine that happening in this world, it is more apt that things should be different in the life of Al-Barzakh which is completely different from the life of this world and the life of the Hereafter.

An-Nawawi said: “If it is said, we see the deceased and how he is in his grave, so how can he be questioned, made to sit up and beaten with iron rods, when no mark is left on him? The answer is that this is not impossible, and indeed there is a similar case in our regular lives, that of the sleeper who feels joy or pain of which we feel nothing. A person who is awake may also feel joy or pain because of something he hears or thinks about, and those who are sitting with him feel nothing of that. Similarly, Jibreel used to come to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and tell him of the revelation, and the people present were unaware of it. All of that is clear and evident.” (Sharh Muslim, 17/201)

Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: “When a person sleeps, he may feel joy or pain, and that happens to his soul and his body. He may dream that someone is beating him and wake up with pain in his body, or he may dream that he is being fed some good food, then wake up with the food in his mouth. This is something that really happens. If the body and soul of a sleeping person experience joy and pain that are not felt by the person next to him, and a sleeper may even cry out because of the intensity of pain or fear of what is happening to him, and those who are awake can notice this, even hear him reciting Qur’an or Dhikr (remembrance of Allah), or talking though he is asleep with his eyes closed, and he does not hear them if they speak to him – then how can we deny that the one who is buried in his grave also feels things? How come we don’t believe the message of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) when he said that a person buried in the grave hears the footsteps of his companions when they start to depart.

The heart is akin to the grave, hence the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, when he missed `Asr on the day of al-Khandaq: “May Allah fill their hearts and graves with fire.” And Allah differentiated between them (graves and hearts) in the verse that reads: “Knoweth he not that, when the contents of the graves are poured forth. And the secrets of the breasts are made known.” (Al-`Adiyat: 9-10) This is just to explain that this could happen.

We cannot say that the blessing or torment that the dead experiences in the grave is typically like that which a sleeper experiences when he dreams; the blessing or torment in the grave is more overwhelming and far-reaching; it is a real blessing and a real torment. But this example is given to show that this is possible, and to refute the idea of those who say that the dead person does not make any movement in his grave, and the soil does not change, and so on.

after i read this i realised this, that in the grave there is proof that our body and soul is being punished or rewarded, in this case it shows our body and soul is busy in the grave and has its own worries and fears and is kind of alive because the soul is alive and we will be able to understand the term soul more. allahs says the soul is 'the soul is the knowledge of allah' if anyone asks us what is the soul, we say soul is the knowledge of alalh. anyway, in learning here that the soul and our body is actually busy being punished or rewarded, then our can we say that our souls will be given new bodies after our death / that the soul of one is return to the other / reincarnation? if not say, think it.

if this is what hindus believe, we shouldnt bring other beliefs / religion into islam and compare it to the quran and start thinking its possible we might believe in this too. what the quran say and is, is what we should rely on being the truth and if we dont understand it, make dua for allah to make it clearer to us in the future and move on to learn something more benifiet to us. this is only and only my view of life. i dont mean in any way at all to make negative comments about your thread, no no no. like is said, you should ask whatever you want but what i mean, if you cant find an answer, i would leave it and work on something else and maybe come back to it later.
i say this coz alot of sisters and brothers on this post but good points, it made things so clear to me. but like you said, it is confusing. but take care of yourself, and hope so much that you understand it and get the right answer inshallah.

tell me please, tell me if you have your answer yet. i really hope you do. i tried my best by saying my point and i hope it helps like it helped me to understand. i know what its like needing an answer to a question but its hard to find it and you still get confused, subhan allah, may allah reward us for searching for answers and may allah help us and make it easy for us to get and understand.

salam.:shymuslima1:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
What was his evidence?

No, there is no evidence that I know of to back up such opinion. What we know for sure is that God has plainly told us, in 17:85, that we cannot know much about the Rooh (soul), thus it is Ghayb and it's therefore futile to try to guess what it is.

she's a her actually.

i don't exactly remember,she said someting about an aya which says something like:"we give life and take it then give life and take it......"and something like this.she said the ayah mentions this alternation of life and eath six times:confused:i was going to ask her about this ayah referance but then she had to leave for something.

however if this is one of the things ALLAH has not clearly revealed to humans then suppose you are right to say we leave it alone.

jazakallah khairan.

P.S.would be great if you know some ayah like that^just for studying:)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:

here's the explanation for these ayats that i copied from tafseer ibn kathir

Proof that Resurrection will occur

Allah asserts that Resurrection will occur and refutes the misguided atheists who deny it, those who said,

أَءِذَا مِتْنَا وَكُنَّا تُرَاباً وَعِظَـماً أَءِنَّا لَمَبْعُوثُونَ

(When we die and become dust and bones, shall we then indeed be resurrected) ﴿56:47﴾ They said this statement in denial and discounting Resurrection. Allah the Exalted said,

نَحْنُ خَلَقْنَـكُمْ

(We created you,) meaning, `We have created you after you were nothing. Therefore, is not that Who is able to start the creation, more able to bring it back' Allah's statement,

فَلَوْلاَ تُصَدِّقُونَ

(then why do you believe not) `why do you not then believe in Resurrection' Then Allah said, while bringing forth evidence that Resurrection occurs,

أَفَرَءَيْتُمْ مَّا تُمْنُونَ - أَءَنتُمْ تَخْلُقُونَهُ أَم نَحْنُ الْخَـلِقُونَ

(Do you not see the semen you emit. Is it you who create it, or are We the Creator) meaning, `do you make the semen remain in the wombs and create life from it therein, stage after stage Or is Allah the One Who does all this' Allah said,

نَحْنُ قَدَّرْنَا بَيْنَكُمُ الْمَوْتَ

(We have decreed death to you all,) meaning, `We made death exist between you.' Ad-Dahhak commented, "Allah made the residents of the heavens and earth equal with regards to death.'' Allah said,

وَمَا نَحْنُ بِمَسْبُوقِينَ

(and We are not outstripped,) meaning, `We are never unable,'

عَلَى أَن نُّبَدِّلَ أَمْثَـلَكُمْ

(To transfigure you), meaning, `to change your current shapes, on the Day of Resurrection,'

وَنُنشِئَكُمْ فِى مَا لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ

(and create you in that you know not.) meaning, `out of shapes and forms.' Allah the Exalted said,

وَلَقَدْ عَلِمْتُمُ النَّشْأَةَ الاٍّولَى فَلَوْلاَ تَذَكَّرُونَ

(And indeed, you have already known the first form of creation, why then do you not remember) meaning, `you know that Allah has created you after you were nothing. He created you and gave you hearing, sight and hearts. Will you not then remember and take heed that He Who is able to create you in the beginning is more able to bring you back and resurrect you to life anew' Allah the Exalted said in other Ayat,

وَهُوَ الَّذِى يَبْدَأُ الْخَلْقَ ثُمَّ يُعِيدُهُ وَهُوَ أَهْوَنُ عَلَيْهِ

(And He it is Who originates the creation, then He will repeat it; and this is easier for Him.)(30:27),

أَوَلاَ يَذْكُرُ إلإِنْسَـنُ أَنَّا خَلَقْنَاهُ مِن قَبْلُ وَلَمْ يَكُ شَيْئاً

(Does not man remember that We created him before, while he was nothing)(19:67),

أَوَلَمْ يَرَ الإِنسَـنُ أَنَّا خَلَقْنَـهُ مِن نُّطْفَةٍ فَإِذَا هُوَ خَصِيمٌ مٌّبِينٌ - وَضَرَبَ لَنَا مَثَلاً وَنَسِىَ خَلْقَهُ قَالَ مَن يُحىِ الْعِظَـمَ وَهِىَ رَمِيمٌ - قُلْ يُحْيِيهَا الَّذِى أَنشَأَهَآ أَوَّلَ مَرَّةٍ وَهُوَ بِكُلِّ خَلْقٍ عَلِيمٌ

(Does not man see that We have created him from Nutfah. Yet behold he (stands forth) as an open opponent. And he puts forth for Us a parable, and forgets his own creation. He says: " Who will give life to these bones after they are rotten and have become dust'' Say: "He will give life to them Who created them for the first time! And He is the All-Knower of every creation.'')(36:77-79), and,

أَيَحْسَبُ الإِنسَـنُ أَن يُتْرَكَ سُدًى - أَلَمْ يَكُ نُطْفَةً مِّن مَّنِىٍّ يُمْنَى - ثُمَّ كَانَ عَلَقَةً فَخَلَقَ فَسَوَّى - فَجَعَلَ مِنْهُ الزَّوْجَيْنِ الذَّكَرَ وَالاٍّنثَى - أَلَيْسَ ذَلِكَ بِقَـدِرٍ عَلَى أَن يُحْيِىَ الْمَوْتَى

(Does man think that he will be left neglected Was he not a Nutfah of semen emitted Then he became an `Alaqah (a clot); then shaped and fashioned in due proportion. And made of him two sexes, male and female. Is not He able to give life to the dead)(75:36-40)

أَفَرَءَيْتُم مَّا تَحْرُثُونَ - أَءَنتُمْ تَزْرَعُونَهُ أَمْ نَحْنُ الزَرِعُونَ - لَوْ نَشَآءُ لَجَعَلْنَاهُ حُطَـماً فَظَلْتُمْ تَفَكَّهُونَ - إِنَّا لَمُغْرَمُونَ - بَلْ نَحْنُ مَحْرُومُونَ - أَفَرَءَيْتُمُ الْمَآءَ الَّذِى تَشْرَبُونَ - أَءَنتُمْ أَنزَلْتُمُوهُ مِنَ الْمُزْنِ أَمْ نَحْنُ الْمُنزِلُونَ - لَوْ نَشَآءُ جَعَلْنَـهُ أُجَاجاً فَلَوْلاَ تَشْكُرُونَ - أَفَرَءَيْتُمُ النَّارَ الَّتِى تُورُونَ - أَءَنتُمْ أَنشَأْتُمْ شَجَرَتَهَآ أَمْ نَحْنُ الْمُنشِئُونَ - نَحْنُ جَعَلْنَـهَا تَذْكِرَةً وَمَتَـعاً لِّلْمُقْوِينَ - فَسَبِّحْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الْعَظِيمِ

(63. Do you not see what you sow.) (64. Is it you that make it grow, or are We the Grower) (65. Were it Our will, We could crumble it to dry pieces, and you would be Tafakkahun.) (66. (Saying: ) "We are indeed Mughramun!'') (67. "Nay, but we are deprived!'') (68. Do you not see the water that you drink.) (69. Is it you who cause it to come down from Al-Muzn, or are We the Cause of it coming down) (70. If We willed, We verily could make it salty; why then do you not give thanks) (71. Do you not see the fire which you kindle.) (72. Is it you who made the tree thereof to grow, or are We the Grower) (73. We have made it a Reminder, and an article of use for the Muqwin.) (74. Then glorify with praises the Name of your Lord, the Most Great.)

hope it helps :)

one Q:Is ALLAH warning us against this deformed figure in these ayah or is this mentioned like other great things about ALLAH to exbhit HIS endless pwer and knowdge??and HIS mercy over us although HE is in no need for us!!

jazakallah khairan for this explaintion akhi.it helped:)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
maybe you should understand what happens to us after we die, study about the torment of the grave, i noticed some post by brother and sisters on this
thread were very good and made somethings clear to me.

the question you have about reincarnation, and saying:

'actually i want to know if......whether the ayah refers to the fact that our souls will be given new bodies after our death
that the soul of one is return to the other??that sounds strange'

no question relating to islam and our deen sounds strange because you need an answer and you need to learn from it and understand so ask whatever you want

jazakallah khairan for the boost sister.means a lot to me

as for your question, lets just put the ayah on side for a minute and how about you research like i said the torment of the grave and what happens after we die. when you do this, i think and hope the ayah becomes more easy for you to understand in regards to reincarnation and souls be given new bodies.

after i read this:

“The belief of Ahlu As-Sunnah Wal-Jama`ah is that there is torment and punishment in the grave and life in Al-Barzakh
(the interval between death and the Day of Resurrection), and there is blessing and pleasure, according to the status of the deceased.

According to the hadith narrated by `A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) she said that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)
used to finish his prayer by saying: "O Allah, I seek refuge in You from the torment of the grave, I seek refuge in You from the tribulation of the Dajjaal
(the Antichrist), I seek refuge in You from the trials of life and death, O Allah, I seek refuge in You from sin and ruin.”
(Reported by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

The relevant point in this hadith is that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) used to seek refuge with Allah from the torment of the grave.
This is one of the pieces of evidence that confirm the torment of the grave. No one disputed the torment of the grave apart from the Mu`tazilah and
some other groups whose views do not attract any consideration.

According to the most correct scholarly view, the torment of the grave befalls both the soul and the body. Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah
(may Allah have mercy on him) said:

“The view of the Salaf (Ancestors) of this Ummah and its Imams is that the torment or blessing (of the grave) happens to the soul of the
deceased and his body. After it departs the body, the soul continues to be blessed or punished, and it is also connected to the body from time to time,
so that the blessing or torment reflects on the body as well as the soul.”

So we must believe in that which Allah has told us.” (al-Ikhtiyaaraat al-Fiqhiyyah, p. 94)

The scholars likened that to dreams, for when sleeping a person may dream that he is traveling, and he may feel happiness or grief and sorrow. Imagine that happening in this world, it is more apt that things should be different in the life of Al-Barzakh which is completely different from the life of this world and the life of the Hereafter.

An-Nawawi said: “If it is said, we see the deceased and how he is in his grave, so how can he be questioned, made to sit up and beaten with iron rods, when no mark is left on him? The answer is that this is not impossible, and indeed there is a similar case in our regular lives, that of the sleeper who feels joy or pain of which we feel nothing. A person who is awake may also feel joy or pain because of something he hears or thinks about, and those who are sitting with him feel nothing of that. Similarly, Jibreel used to come to the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and tell him of the revelation, and the people present were unaware of it. All of that is clear and evident.” (Sharh Muslim, 17/201)

Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said: “When a person sleeps, he may feel joy or pain, and that happens to his soul and his body. He may dream that someone is beating him and wake up with pain in his body, or he may dream that he is being fed some good food, then wake up with the food in his mouth. This is something that really happens. If the body and soul of a sleeping person experience joy and pain that are not felt by the person next to him, and a sleeper may even cry out because of the intensity of pain or fear of what is happening to him, and those who are awake can notice this, even hear him reciting Qur’an or Dhikr (remembrance of Allah), or talking though he is asleep with his eyes closed, and he does not hear them if they speak to him – then how can we deny that the one who is buried in his grave also feels things? How come we don’t believe the message of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) when he said that a person buried in the grave hears the footsteps of his companions when they start to depart.

The heart is akin to the grave, hence the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, when he missed `Asr on the day of al-Khandaq: “May Allah fill their hearts and graves with fire.” And Allah differentiated between them (graves and hearts) in the verse that reads: “Knoweth he not that, when the contents of the graves are poured forth. And the secrets of the breasts are made known.” (Al-`Adiyat: 9-10) This is just to explain that this could happen.

We cannot say that the blessing or torment that the dead experiences in the grave is typically like that which a sleeper experiences when he dreams; the blessing or torment in the grave is more overwhelming and far-reaching; it is a real blessing and a real torment. But this example is given to show that this is possible, and to refute the idea of those who say that the dead person does not make any movement in his grave, and the soil does not change, and so on.

after i read this i realised this, that in the grave there is proof that our body and soul is being punished or rewarded, in this case it shows our body and soul is busy in the grave and has its own worries and fears and is kind of alive because the soul is alive and we will be able to understand the term soul more. allahs says the soul is 'the soul is the knowledge of allah' if anyone asks us what is the soul, we say soul is the knowledge of alalh. anyway, in learning here that the soul and our body is actually busy being punished or rewarded, then our can we say that our souls will be given new bodies after our death / that the soul of one is return to the other / reincarnation? if not say, think it.

Sobhanllah sister.i like your style and approach.it really helped understand certain things:)mashallah you really got the talent...

if this is what hindus believe, we shouldnt bring other beliefs / religion into islam and compare it to the quran and start thinking its possible we might believe in this too. what the quran say and is, is what we should rely on being the truth and if we dont understand it, make dua for allah to make it clearer to us in the future and move on to learn something more benifiet to us. this is only and only my view of life. i dont mean in any way at all to make negative comments about your thread, no no no. like is said, you should ask whatever you want but what i mean, if you cant find an answer, i would leave it and work on something else and maybe come back to it later.
i say this coz alot of sisters and brothers on this post but good points, it made things so clear to me. but like you said, it is confusing. but take care of yourself, and hope so much that you understand it and get the right answer inshallah.

sister yes you are right that i compared some other religion to Quran but not that i doubt a word of the blessed Quran:astag:but coz i doubt my own understanding.i wanted ot make things clear incase they lead me somewhere else.basically it was my teachers comment that prompted me to confirm this more then my own wild thoeries:)!!yes you are right,it's better to leave things we simpley CANNOT understand when we have tried our best,for the time being.

jazakallah khairan for your concern sister and your time and answer.may ALLAH bless you for that.
tell me please, tell me if you have your answer yet. i really hope you do. i tried my best by saying my point and i hope it helps like it helped me to understand. i know what its like needing an answer to a question but its hard to find it and you still get confused, subhan allah, may allah reward us for searching for answers and may allah help us and make it easy for us to get and understand.

salam.:shymuslima1:

hehehe sis,when i got a Q i'm itching till it's solved or i leave it alone:pi thnik i got it cleared xcept for one or two things(that i asked above) i know if ALLAH wills will make me understand:)other then that i think most it is cleared!!

may ALLAH pay you very high for your detailed and kind answer.i ask ALLAH to ease your pain and make life easy for us all here and hereafter.and may HE give us all the knowdge of good.ameen

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!!:SMILY259:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
She may be referring to,
"How can you disbelieve in God when you were dead and He brought you to life; then He will cause you to die, then He will bring you [back] to life, and then to Him you will be returned. " (2:28)

If so, the verse says that we were naught at first and God gave us life, first in the womb then on earth, then He will cause us to die then He will resurrect us. Nothing about reincarnation.

The part about the first "death" is confirmed in,
"[An angel] said, "Thus [it will be]; your Lord says, 'It is easy for Me, for I created you before, while you were nothing.' " (19:9)

On the Day of Judgment, all who wish to escape Hell will say,
"Our Lord, You caused us to be dead twice and gave us life twice, and we have confessed our sins. So is there to an exit any way?" (40:11)

So, the straightforward interpretation is that we started out dead, became alive, will die, then will be resurrected.

sobhanallah,i got i all very clear.you explained it nicely mashallah.life twice,death twice.i never thought of that.new knowledge!!

jazakallah khairan for you help and answer.may ALLAH bless you and us with more beneficial knowledge.ameen

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu