too ugly for marriage

zinirah

Assalamu 'Alaikom
I have a friend, and we were discussing about marriage, because I asked her if she is engaged soon to be married, She is now 24, and she told me she can't get married because she is ugly. She said that Allah will excuse her if she doesnt marry in her lifetime because guys wont marry with her because she is very ugly. I told her is it just her thinking?, but she had said to me that even many guys told her she has an ugly face and hair.
I just wanted to know will Allah really pardon for this?, because a person really cant force someone to like them.

allah rakkah lav

i love allah alone
Assalamu 'Alaikom
I have a friend, and we were discussing about marriage, because I asked her if she is engaged soon to be married, She is now 24, and she told me she can't get married because she is ugly. She said that Allah will excuse her if she doesnt marry in her lifetime because guys wont marry with her because she is very ugly. I told her is it just her thinking?, but she had said to me that even many guys told her she has an ugly face and hair.
I just wanted to know will Allah really pardon for this?, because a person really cant force someone to like them.

WALAIKUM SALAM sister

I dont how far im wright but im saying what in my mind strikes , she first should not say that she looking ugly because Allah created her for some purpose . and she cant decide what happens in future
even some times i felt for that im being bulgy but my mom used to advice me never say that because looks and features of physic given by Allah
so All Allah knows everything
who knows Allah may send her a nice person ,even she looks not so good that guy may accept her with full heart after all , everything is decided by Allah

ask your friend , hereafter dont feel for it and ask her to go ahead . Allah knows everything

i make dua for her .....

Allah hafiz

Made Sarah

Servant of Allah
Staff member
Assalamu 'Alaikom

Wa 3alaykum assalam wa ra7matu Allahi wa barakatuhu.

Well, first of all 24 is NOT old at all, she has all her life ahead of her, she is young Ma sha Allah. Please tell your friend not to listen to anyone saying stupid things, looks aren't everything. She should make du'aa and istighfar, tell her to think positive, too. Maybe this is her test in the life, she must be patient and wait, we never know what's in store for us... I know so many people who said they'll never get married because of all sort of reasons, but they got married in the end, Alhamdu lillah. Marriage is in our fitra, each one of us wants to have his own family, children, someone to share their joys and sorrows with. In sha Allah she will find someone. Remind her the hadith: "A woman may be married for four reasons: for her property, for her rank, for her beauty, and for her religion (and character), so marry the one who is best in the religion and character and prosper." (Bukhari and Muslim)

May Allah Subhanu Wa Ta'ala bless your friend with good health, strength and high eeman, and bestow the blessing of a happy marriage and mu'min children upon her.

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

Its sad that your friend is thinking this way. The days in life are not same, mashaAllaah, and the best disposer of affairs is Allaah.

May Allaah bring good to your friend and make things easy.

waalaykum salaam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Tell your friend there is no age limit on when a person may not marry. I mean look at the mothers of the believers. Some were old.

And what are men doing looking at her face!!! Shame on them.

Physical beauty is the light of a pure soul shinning through. Do not allow yourselves to get caught up in what some cosmetic agency tells you is beautiful one minute..you spend money..look good and the next minute the look has changed.

If you feel beautiful you are. It is that simple.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Dont give up dear sister...all believers are beautiful.:hijabi:

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
true beauty is in the inside. whats in the inside is what counts.

if she is a very good, trusting, follows religion, dress's appropriatly, is very nice person, great personality, then she has nothing to worry about.

allah does take things from people but also he gives them what others find hard to get. tell her to look deep deep down in her heart, use evidence from positive comments made to her in the pass and in the current days, try to figure out what that extra thing allah gave her. there has to be something.

i recently read this story and it made me cry because some people dont accept what allah gave them not knowing what some of us have is tressure against those who dont have it. eg: health.

It is a story of a person from Bahrain named Ibrahim Nasser. He has been paralyzed completely since birth and can only move his head and fingers. Even his breathing is done with the help of instruments. i saw pictures of him and cried. if you give me your email address, i can email it. a friend of mine sent it to me last week. anyway,
It was the wish of this young man to meet sheik Nabeel Al-Awdi. So Ibrahim's father spoke the sheik on the phone in order to arrange a visit to Ibrahim.
Ibrahim was very happy to see sheik Nabeel open the door to his room. in the photos i could see his happiness from his expression as he is unable to speak.
And a kiss on the for head for Ibrahim. Thus sheik Nabeel and Ibrahim started talking about da'wa on the internet and the striving it requires.
They also exchanged some stories. And during their conversation sheik Nabeel asked Ibrahim a question. A question that made Ibrahim weep... and tears rolled down Ibrahim's cheek. Ibrahim couldn't help but weep when he remembered some painful memories. sheik Nabeel wipes the tears from Ibrahim's face. Do you know what question it was that made Ibrahim weep?
The sheik asked: Oh Ibrahim.. if Allah had given you health.. what would you have done?
And thus Ibrahim wept bitterly and he made the sheik, his father, his uncle and everyone in the room weep.. even the camera man wept

And his answer was: By Allah I would have performed my salah (prayer) in the masjid (mosque) with joy.. I would have used the favor of health in everything that would please Allah Subhanehu we Ta'ala

Dear brothers and sisters Allah has favored us with agility and health

--------------

in mentioning this story, tell your friend, if she saw Ibrahim, she would cry and she would not consider her self ugly and she will never listen to any guys who say this to her. she should have faith, live life the way allah put us in it, accept our looks, accept our health, accept our test / trials, thank allah for it all no matter how bad it is. seek help and opinions but make sure you take them not just continue staying negative. always think positive. i know so many people that are ugly from school, this is what i thought of them when i was a kid, im sure we all thought someone was ugly in a way, but we didnt speak about it. well you know what, in 2 weeks, 3 of those ugly girls i saw at school, i found out they are married and have kids or one child. and you know what, they look beautiful. you know why, marriage makes you look beautiful too. they are happy so happy with their lives. i can see why this is:

im sure they felt the same, but they were positive and positive and never thought negative or listened to anyone. i remember one of the sisters crying and didnt come to school for a whole week, me and my best friend knocked on her house and spoke to her and she came back and we helped her not to listen to anyone. she became positive.

sister, its all about what we accept, we we regect, the opinons given to us and wheather we take them or not, this is really all that makes up and part of a beauty in the heart of a person.

constantly smile, accept life, live it with faith, live it for allah, allah knows if she will marry or not, not her, so let it come easy and not in a hurry or in a negative way, this wont make her marriage happy. let her focus on the religion, on her plans in life, work, families etc, appreciate everything around her, when the right guy is sent to her from allah, she is positive, happy, not scared, beautiful, and he will love this from her.

We judge oursleves by the evidence. she was probably told she was ugly in the past and still believes it. she needs to mix with more people and people who will give her an opinion she can trust. she needs solid evidence that she is not ugly. I doubt very much that she is. Also look at people reactions to her - really ugly people and people look away. If you can get eye contact - stop worrying. :blackhijab:

im sure she is a beautiful person, inside and outside, she just needs to be told that by her loved ones. men these days, some are very ignorant and expect to marry a beautiful girl, well they should go to a modeling agent and find a modle because islam marriage is not all about marrying a beautiful person.

plus, if these guys tell her she is ugly, she is getting hassanat, i also wonder how ugly they are themselves. tell her to walk around at a shopping center on her own for just 5 minutes, look around at all the men and ladies, im sure she will find her self beautiful against them, if not, at least she will see there are alot of not good looking people around, alot, too much, but they are still beautiful in the inside.

always seek help and make dua to allah, not to change her looks but for people to see the true beauty of her and for her to see it herself and for her to be positive and not worry.

salam. i really hope ii didnt say anything wrong, forgive me everyone if i did. i take it back.

rayray

That's just plain absurd! No one is ugly. Even I'm beautiful :tongue: But seriously,
today's society is focused too much on physical appearance. We have taken a magnifying glass to focus on physical flaws and shortcomings rather than an x-ray to a person's soul. I suggest to tell her not to stress out. Tell her jokingly that she could think of her physical appearance as an advantage, or, it is a blessing actually, because she doesn't have to waste time on shallow guys! (Not that she is really ugly) The first person that expresses marriage interest, for sure! is committed to loving her :)

....People who are pretty fear that they are too pretty! No one wants to approach them because they're intimidating. And if people do, they are not sure if they did because they are just physically attracted, or really like them for who they are.

I believe that it's true everyone has a partner especially designated to them. It'll all come in perfect time ;)

Last note. She should not loose hope! If she keeps thinking that she wouldn't marry, and no guy will like her. Then she's falling into the self- fulfilling prophecy trap- "a prediction that indirectly or directly causes it to be true". She, I hate saying this, should just pray ():)

saif

Physical beauty is the light of a pure soul shinning through. Do not allow yourselves to get caught up in what some cosmetic agency tells you is beautiful one minute..you spend money..look good and the next minute the look has changed.

Very well said aapa. I fully agree with you.
:wasalam:

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum!

Well it is sad how she's letting some immature guys' words affect her to the point of her believing she'll never marry subhanallah!- This is not good for her selfsteem, which is pretty much LOW at the moment:(
Some dudes out there are soo shallow subhanallah!- what happened to marrying a sister for her DEEN? Instead they're focused on her outer appearance subhanallah!
But I do believe that there are God-fearing brothers out there, and when it's time- one will come looking for Her insha'allah!:)
So she shouldn't be taking people's opinions seriously, it's no use to her subhanallah! Tell her instead, to BE humbly thankfull to Our Mercifull Creator for blessing her with what she has Insha'allah!:) and in no time she'll be married insha'allah!:)

p,s;I jst noticed i had a bit too many 'subhanallah's' n 'insha'allah's':biggrin:

Safiyah_

like our sisters already explained.. never say u are ugly !
Allah created us and we should be thankful. Not only the outside counts but also the inside!
If you really want to marry inshaa Allah Allah will give u marriage ( with patience). Everything is writen already so don'ty panic. If it's not meant to be it might be for your own good! And 24 isn't old..

But i'll make dua. May Allah give her a nice marriage and may He protect it.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sweet sisters..I was worried that my looks have faded. I came upon the dua the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, recited upon seeing his reflection in the mirror. And it gave me hope. I no longer worry about my good looks.
One way or the other all Muslim women will have a husband. Some in this life and some will be wedded in junnath, Insha'Allah.
I am a little greedy and would like one in this life.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Dear sister, you should say to your friend and advice her Inshallah, that she should not think that she is ugly, because truth beauty comes from inside. All Muslim women are the most beautiful, they cover their beauty with hijaab or niqab, and if they are not so much pretty they are still covering thier apperaice so that nobody can not judge them over thier bodies, skin, hair etc. That is real mercy and blessing of Allah that he ordeded every Muslim women to cover herselfe, SubhanAllah.

Inshallah you should avice her that if she thinks that she is not so much pretty, that she should try for example to do some exercises or to take care more about her skin and hair, and that she knows that it is the most importante beauty from inside. Like for exapmle when we pray salat, especialy fajr salah, others can see light shining over our faces.

May Allah reword our sister with pious and beautiful husband on both worlds. ameen summa ameen. And Inshallah all Muslim women who enter Jannah will be beautiful as Allah subhan we teala has promissed us.

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
It sucks to have low self esteem. Tell you friend to always think positive, I can't say anymore because I need help on this myself.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

*cant marry* and *will not marry* are different issues.

also those men who said on her face that she is ugly perhaps dont deserve to marry her. a righteous muslim can never say such things.

there are some popular verses back in India which goes something like:

gore rang pe na itna ghumaar kar
gora rang do din mein dhal jayega

(dont feel proud of your beauty,it will fade in 2 days)

:)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:

:bismillah:

:astag:
Dearest sister,
There is a match in everyone.One might find somebody ugly but in the other hand someone still say no~beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)
Subhan allah~masha allah!

Insya allah have patient!
:tti_sister:Make many du'a if one think one is ready for marry and need to find partner soon~:ma:

:tti_sister:May Allah swt blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

Take Care!
Thank you,

~Wassalam .

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
Assalamu 'Alaikom

before marriage i myself would think the same but marriage is not a matter of look ,it is a matter of luck.look in surroundings, you will see that the so "called" ugly women have been married happily and if it were look they could not have married in their life time .but it is Allah who makes couple.Make dua and have firm faith in Allah

rayray

before marriage i myself would think the same but marriage is not a matter of look ,it is a matter of luck.look in surroundings, you will see that the so "called" ugly women have been married happily and if it were look they could not have married in their life time .but it is Allah who makes couple.Make dua and have firm faith in Allah

I second the motion.