Palestinian Sister Amal, Beaten Up and Hijab Pulled Off in UK. Sad Racist Abuse Case

Marwa17

It is not Bush and Rice that are carrying out these attacks (not that I support them or anything)lol...i'm sure it was all a conspiracy to hurt some poor pregnant woman...NOT...but i think the real problem is human nature itself...some humans are just plain evil...and others like to take advantage of the situation.
For example, my brothers and a bunch of thier friends have often beat up on kids just for being jewish. I don't condone that action, but I know why it works. It makes humans feel good to make fun of others (not that I do it or anything...nor am I trying to make some excuse for the people who did this. ) May Allah punish them for their actions. I think it just seemed like a good idea to them at the time. That's what peer pressure does to you.
I can feel what that woman must have gone through though. There have been times where I have been walking alone in a deserted area where people just come up to you...throwing something at you, etc. I never thought about it until now...must be one of those unconscious things we don't like to think about. However, I think when a muslim goes through something like this we should always realize that it could have always gone worse; but allah was there to protect you...Allah keep us safe from the torture of the devils.

Noor to shine

It's a sad day when braindead British idiots will beat a pregnant woman up in the street because she chooses to wear a headscarf.

However, could someone please show me where it says in the qu'uran that a Muslim woman MUST wear a hijab/burka? As I have been told from various sources that the qu'uran says nothing about the subject:confused:

peace,

Will

:salam2:
24:31 And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and to be mindful of their chastity, and not to display their charms [in public] beyond what may [decently] be apparent thereof; hence, let them draw their head-coverings over their bosoms. And let them not display [more of] their charms to any but their husbands, or their fathers, or their husbands’ fathers, or their sons, or their husbands’ Sons, or their brothers, or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons, or their womenfolk, or those whom they rightfully possess, or such male attendants as are beyond all sexual desire, or children that are as yet unaware of women’s nakedness; and let them not swing their legs [in walking] so as to draw attention to their hidden charms And [always], O you believers - all of you - turn unto God in repentance, so that you might attain to a happy state!

33:33 And abide quietly in your homes, and do not flaunt your charms as they used to flaunt them in the old days of pagan ignorance; and be constant in prayer, and render the purifying dues, and pay heed unto God and His Apostle: for God only wants to remove from you all that might be loathsome, O you members of the [Prophet’s] household, and to purify you to utmost purity.

33:53 And [as for the Prophet’s wives,] whenever you ask them for anything that you need, ask them from behind a screen: this will but deepen the purity of your hearts and theirs. Moreover, it does not behove you to give offence to God’s Apostle - just as it would not behove you ever to marry his widows after he has passed away: that, verily, would be an enormity in the sight of God.

Quran

:wasalam:

annette alim

it makes my heart cry to see this happen to a woman who was just going about her everyday life, ,,,hamdullah she is fine, and her little baby asalam,alekum sister,s annette xx

Izzu

:salam2: i guess things have changed since i left glasgow in 1998. i dont know if it is generally in all big cities in europe or just in few places.
I cant understand how and why you would beat up a women (muslim or non-muslim alike) just because she wears different clothes. Is this how we show our bravery.
:astag:

B.H.

It seems to me pple are uncomfortable with the fact muslim women cover and arent naked like the kafirs

I live in the US and have had family over here since the 1600's. The women today run around half naked as it is, and the men are starting to get where they are dressing almost naked too.

lost

It's very sad to see this happen to an innocent woman simply because of race or religion.
But what's worse is that I know from experience that she's not alone in this, that these sort of attacks happen all over the place. Even I have been harassed by a group highschool boys, and it had only been my second day trying out wearing the headscarf. Stalked me, shoved me around and made vulgar comments and threats...which unfortunately to this day have kept me from doing anything about the incidents.
But at least I can say that I wasn't pregnant at the time. alhamdulillah, that everything turned out fine for her.

What can we possibly do to stop these things from happening?

palestine

Servant of Allah
SubhanaAllah! this is what is going on all around the world. This isn't something to be suprised about. I live in the USA and many times i have been discriminated by classmates, they spit on my hijab and they all are witnesses for one another..so they outnumber me everytime.

annettealim

dear sister amal that was terrible what you went threw,i hope now you are happy living in your new home , , ,asalam ,alaikum annette alim

aroojimran

Assalamu Alykumm

Astagfirullah for such a heinous crime commited by the British solidiers..Itz a Pity on them for having made an expecting lady a prey to their barbarism!!

May Allah comfort all such victims..(Aameen)

Waa Alykumm Assalam wrwb

rtbour

american muslima
Asalaamu alaikum! Thanks for posting this! I have been wearing hijab a couple weeks now. I always drive the same car everyday and people in my apartment complex know that. Yesterday evening when I was going to go out somewhere with my husband, he found a broken beer bottle on the sidewalk and checked around the car before he got in. He found that someone had put pieces of sharp glass behind our tires! How rude! I have no way to know for sure, but I assume it's because of my head scarf. Nothing like this ever happened before I wore it and I think I know who did it. The day we found the glass, I drove a different car than my usual one to pick up my son. Subhan Allah I didnt take my normal car yesterday to pick up my son or I would have had flat tires! I never would have thought to check under the tires before I got in. Now I will always check.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum

May Allah SWT protect all our muslim brothers and sisters all over the world...

Jazakallahu Khair
wassalamu alaikum

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

[imgleft]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/amal1.jpg[/imgleft] Sister Amal Is a Palestinian Refugee Beaten Up in Racist Attack.http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930She Came from a Refugee camp in Lebanon and escaped the violence and poverty to make a better life with her family in Glasgow. She thought she would be safe and would be better. Amal was surrounded by typical British yobs, she was attacked, Amal tried her best to protect her unborn baby. Our poor sister was scared to death whilst these people terrorised her. Her hijab was torn off and stamped on. She managed to get away, but not before picking her hijab up.

[vg]4662187202256652617[/vg]

May Allah bless her... her family and all the Muslims.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:bismillah:
:salam2:

Amin to your du'a!

Yes,
:tti_sister:May Allah shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

~Happy The Holy Month of Rajab.

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam.

Michelle_A

Maybe it's happened by now, but the UK could create hate crime laws, like we did. It doesn't have to be based on race, but has to be caused by hatred.

Michelle