Umrah for deceased ones !!!!

Maryam Zainab

Proud to be a Muslim
As salaamu-alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

May you all be reading this in the best of your health and Imaan, Ameen.

Dear brothers and sisters, I have a doubt about performing Umrah for deceased ones (parents/relatives). I have done a search on the internet and asked from some scholars and ultimately ended up with some confusions :girl3:. So can you please give a
clear ruling on it with clear and authentic evidences

and If we can do it, do we need to come back to the miqaat again?

Insha Allah.

I found this from http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/34594/Umrah

What is the correct way to do ‘Umrah on behalf of my deceased father after I do it for myself?.

Praise be to Allaah.

You have to enter ihraam on behalf of yourself from the meeqaat which you are going to pass, then when you have completed ‘Umrah for yourself, by doing tawaaf and saa’i and cutting your hair, go out to al-Tan’eem or another place outside the Haram (sanctuary), and enter ihraam for ‘Umrah on behalf of your father. Say, “Labbayk Allaahumma bi ‘umratin ‘an abi (Here I am, O Allaah, for ‘Umrah on behalf of my father).” Then do tawaaf and saa’i, and cut your hair or shave your head, but shaving is better. You do not have to go back to the meeqaat to enter ihraam for ‘Umrah on behalf of your father.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz said:

If you want to do Hajj or ‘Umrah for yourself or for someone else who has passed away or who is unable to do it because they are very old or suffering from an incurable sickness, then you have to enter ihraam from the meeqaat which you pass when you are intending to do Hajj or ‘Umrah. When you finish the actions of ‘Umrah or Hajj, there is nothing wrong with you starting ‘Umrah for yourself from the closest point outside the Haram, such as al-Tan’eem or al-Ji’raanah or elsewhere. You do not need to go back to the meeqaat, because ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) entered ihraam for ‘Umrah from the meeqaat of Madeenah with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) during the Farewell Pilgrimage, then when she finished her Hajj and ‘Umrah she asked the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) permission to do ‘Umrah on its own, and he told her brother ‘Abd al-Rahmaan to take her to al-Tan’eem, and she did ‘Umrah after Hajj. He did not tell her to go back to the meeqaat. She had joined Hajj with the ‘Umrah for which she had entered ihraam from the meeqaat as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told her to do, when she began to menstruate before she could do the rituals of ‘Umrah.

And Allaah is the Source of strength.

Fataawa Ibn Baaz, 17/15.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Walaykumsalaam sister Maryam,

I would suggest you to purchase a very well written guide book on Umrah called "Ultimate Guide to Umrah" by Abu Muneer Ismail davids published by Darussalaam.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Guide-Muneer-Ismail-Davids/dp/9960969045

In regards to your question, to do an Umrah, the person has to enter the state of 'Ihram'.

One enters in state of Ihram before passing the various designated meeqat (and also utter the niyyah). People who travel by plane to Jeddah, enter state of Ihram before they land (as they cross the meeqat while in airspace).

There are several restrictions on a person while he/she is in 'Ihram'. (You should read more about it in a book perhaps).

One can 'come out' of state of Ihram after the cutting of hair after performing Sae'e. (Women have to cut a very small length of hair).

Therefore if one wants to perform another Umrah, he/she needs to enter the state of Ihram again. For this, one needs to go to one of the meeqat points and then utter the 'niyyah' and then proceed to perform Umrah.

The Umrah performed on behalf of someone else is the same as you perform for yourself, the only difference is in the 'niyyah' (which is provided in the fatwa you posted).

The closest meeqat for Makkah residents is 'Masjid Ayesha' (I think it is 20-25 minutes by taxi).

I hope this the information that you were looking for. The book I mentioned above is excellent, you can find all the info you need about Umrah.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

:bismillah:
:salam2:

:ma:
Your kind intention is very good!
May Allah reward you~Ãmin!

And about the matter above i suggest you to report to the Islamic council for Haj and Umrah in your country for better clarification.

Yes,masha allah you can get the answer here alhamdulillah!May Allah swt reward those who had helped and still at the end of the day something like this has to be sure!

~May Allah swt help you~Amin!

And

May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)