Thought Provoking Quotes

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Bismillahi Rahmanir Raheem

Salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Dr. Reda Bedair, is teaching "The Eternal Journey", an Al-Maghrib course, which discusses the tafseer of Juz Tabarak. I am going to share, some of his quotes, which has touched my heart. We call them "The Eternal Journey Gems".

"How many times do we make dua and never receive and answer? Or try to pray with khusoo by forcing tears from our eyes without success?
Why does this happen? because the accumulation of our sins has placed a barrier between us and Allah subhana wa ta'la."

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
----"SubhanAllah means that Allah SWT is far from imperfection and Allah SWT is perfect in his name, attributes and acts."

----"Capture your heart functioning in three situations :
1) When reciting the Qur'an
2)When sitting in a gathering
3)When sitting alone "

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
AlMaghrib Gems

سبحان الله و بحمده عدد خلقه و رضا نفسه و زنة عرشه و مداد كلمات

Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, `adada khalqihi, wa rida nafsihi, wa zinatah `arshihi, wa midada kalimatihi

[Allah is free from imperfection and I begin with His praise, as many times as the number of His creatures, in accordance with His Good Pleasure, equal to the weight of His Throne and equal to the ink that may be used in recording the words (for His Praise)].''[Sahih Muslim].

The recitation of the words quoted in this Hadith is highly meritorious and rewarding because they are full of Praise and Glorification of Allah.

Expression that is most loved by Allah - Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said to me, "Shall I tell you the expression that is most loved by Allah?'' It is `Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi' (Allah is free from imperfection and His is the praise)'.''
[Sahih Muslim].

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
The more acts of worship you do, the more shaytaan will be there. the more shaytaan will be there, the harder the test. the harder the test, the closer you get to allah. the closer you get to allah, the stronger your iman. the stronger your iman, the weaker shaytaan is. the weaker shaytaan is, the more acts of worship you do. the more acts of worship you do, the easier they become. the easier they become, the easier the test. then, and only then, will you realise that every single moment of your life, what ever happens to you, good or bad, is a test from allah. nothing then, can harm you, not even the acts of other people, no broken family, no divorce, no argument, no disappointment. you will always be happy, always be content with what Allah has given you. that my friend, is how you live your life. not by avoiding the potential tests, trials and tribulations!

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ" - Surah Al Qasas (Chapter 28) Verse 24.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Gem from one of the class of AlMaghrib by Dr. Reda Bedeir -

If someone asked you how old you were...what would you reply? 20 years old, 18 years old or 46 years old. This is the age of the body, but do you know when we start measuring the life of a person in Islam.

The “real” life begins when you develop a realtionship with Allah subhana wa ta'la. So you could have a body of 80 years but have a real age of 0 or be 16 and have a real age of 10. subhan'Allah

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Gem:

Is turning to Allah subhana wa ta'la our initial reaction or is it our last resort? when you face a dilemma or a difficult situation in life do we first put our heads down in sujood or do we exhaust every option and when we have lost all hope turn to our local Imams or Shaykhs to make dua for us. He is human too, in need of Allah's help just like you.

Whenever the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa salam would face an issue which brought him distress or relief he would turn to Allah first and foremost.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Gem:

Never say you'll do anything without saying "insha Allah". By saying it, you are acknowledging how powerless you are and how Powerful Allah is.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
The most naïve thing in my eyes is to linger in sin - with no regrets - hoping for a far off pardon and to come closer to Allah without doing anything and to wait for the harvest of Jannah while planting the seeds of hellfire - waiting for reward without performing any deeds.

Yahya ibn Mu'adh rahimuhullah

SubhanAllah,
How strikingly true it is. But those who take such an approach due so because they cannot accept the consequences of their actions, which inevitably will lead to feeling of remorse and hence it is much easier to live in denial and seek forgiveness without truly feeling the weight of guilt.
If you ask me, feeling guilt is a good thing as it makes us stronger and better people. In short, it leads to inspiration and forces us to correct our mistakes.

P.S. Isn't it there a hadeeth stating 'if you harm some1 and do not seek forgiveness from them, Allah will not forgive you"?

W/Salam

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:salam2:

"He who is greedy is disgraced; he who discloses his hardship will always be humiliated; he who has no control over his tongue will often have to face discomfort."- Ali (may Allah be pleased with him).

:wasalam:

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty

"Improve your secret and private life, and Allah will improve your public and social life. Make matters well between you and Allah, and Allah will make matters well between you and people. Work for the Hereafter, and Allah will be enough for you in your worldly concerns"

-Sufyan Ath-Thawri​

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty

If Allah brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

In Happy moments, praise Allah.

In Difficult moments, seek Allah.

In Quiet moments, worship Allah.

In Painful moments, trust Allah.

In Every moment, thank Allah.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salam alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Pain & suffering only becomes negative if it creates a barrier between you and Allah Subaanahu WaTaala. But Pain becomes positive, a motivation for you, if it brings you closer to Allah Subaanahu WaTaala.

Every individual who is going through pain & suffering needs to realize that the point of pain & suffering is not that Allah Aj'wajaal wants to punish you; But rather this is a call from Allah Subaanahu WaTaala "O my Slave, come back to your Lord, O my Slave this is a reminder that I want you back worshipping towards me."

This is one of the wisdoms of trials & tribulations and you can react in one of 2 ways: either you can deal with that pain at that moment and decide to get closer to Allah Subaanahu WaTaala or you can decide to restrict that pain only to yourself, not do anything about it and you will see what it does to your Deen. The last stage of this cycle of isolation, will take you away from the Deen. The content and khushoo of your Salaah disappears. Your ability to recite The Quran is no longer there. Your ability to fast during the day is taken away.

So during trials and tribulations, everyone of us need to seek out the believers and be with the Righteous.

~ taken from the lecture by Sheikh Navaid Aziz "He who has no one, Has Allah".

Wa salamu alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty

Mujâhid said: “Beautiful patience is patience without any panic.” ‘Amr ibn Qays said: “Beautiful patience means to be content with adversity and to surrender to the will of Allâh.” Commenting on the meaning of beautiful patience, Qiyas ibn al- Hajjâj said: “The person who is suffering from some affliction should behave in such a way that nobody is able to distinguish him from others.”

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty

"Gratitude is built upon five pillars:
Submissiveness to Allah from the one expressing gratitude; loving Him for it; acknowledging His favour; praising Him for it; and not utilizing it in a way that displeases Him”

~ Ibn al-Qayyim​

xAllahKnowsBestx

"The purpose of life is a life full of purpose" - Robert Byrne

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."-Michelangelo.

candy candy

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam)said, "supplication is the weapon of the believer, the pillar of the religion, and the light of the heaven and earth."

[Reported by al-Haakim in his 'Mustadrak' from the hadeeth of Alee bin Abee Taalib radiAllahu 'anhu]

SubhanAllah.........i truely believe in it

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty

‎"When Allah tests you, it is never to destroy you. When He removes something in your possession, it is only in order to empty your hands for an even greater gift!"
-Ibn Al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on him)​

likeali4life

The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.” - Malcolm X​

Mashallah I like this quote :)
May Allah reward you sister and everyone who has shared the wisdom quotes..Ameen