Question about Salat

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Inshallah all my brothers and sisters at TTI are in good health and strong Iman.

I have a question about Salat. I plan to travel back to Morocco again in August inshallah and I am concerned about my prayers when I am traveling. Last year when I went to Morocco I wasnt a Muslim so I didnt worry but now I am and I dont want to miss prayer.

I will be traveling alone and for safety reasons I wont be wearing hijab. Most of my trip is within the USA. I will travel from Chicago to Cincinnatti then on to New York City. I have a 2 and a half hour layover in New York then my flight will go directly to Casablanca Morocco. My original first flight will leave inshallah Chicago at about 20 mins past noon. So just before Zuhr prayer which means I will be on the airplane during the time of the prayer.

The next prayer Asr will be during the wait time in New York City. Then Maghrib and Isha will both be on the overnight flight to Morocco. I know that when you are traveling you are given permission to cut the salat in half meaning just 2 Rakah instead of the normal 4 for most prayer. My question is how am I able to pray on an airplane????? Is it permissible to pray while sitting in the airplane and skip sujood and prostration? I dont want to do anything wrong so please if anyone can help I need to know.

Please pray dua for my safe trip. Jazakallah khairan. :hijabi::hijabi:

Maryam Zainab

Proud to be a Muslim
As salamo alaikome

I will be traveling alone and for safety reasons I wont be wearing hijab. :hijabi::hijabi:

:wasalam: dear sister hope you have got the answer for the question on prayers. Removing your Hijab will definitely bring harm and not safety. So please try to follow the commandment of Allah (swt) as much as posible . As sister ShyHijabi said in order to do your Salah you need your proper Hijab.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Some of the issues of salaah while traveling, in short:

- All prayers MUST now be shortened to 2 rakahs (except for maghrib which stays three rakahs - and fajr is 2 anyways)

- No sunnahs for a traveler

- Salaahs CAN BE combined, in the first salaahs time slot or the second salaahs time slot. Except for fajr, that is prayed in its normal time...

- This (all of the above) starts AS SOON AS you leave (step out of) your town

- Most airplanes have a small tv in front of you which shows your planes exact position... This helps in knowing where the qibla is

... that's all I can remember for now...

Also a hadeeth mentions that a travelers dua is accepted (good to remember this)