"Then whats the purpse...?"

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalamu alaykum,

I was having a casual conversation with a Christian today over religion. Of course, I try my best to explain Islam, and make sure they know I am still learning myself (since I am not a scholar)

She asked me.."Since Muslims dont believe in original sin, what is the point of humans? Besides following God's rules.."

I didnt quite understand what she wanted, since I was thinking..."Well, with your thought process, why make Adam and Eve? Why should we live trying to be forgiven for a sin which WE as a person did not commit?" ((In the Bible, all children are born sinners))

BUT, I am sure she would have seen that as dodging her question.

I could not totally answer, is that terrible? :shymuslima1:
What would YOU have said?​

Valerie

I can't help on this.. Because my thought about original sin is... "Why create humans knowing full well that they're going to commit this original sin? Seems pretty cruel."

Maybe the purpose of life is to live, make the best choices possible and then be rewarded with a better existence with God? Isn't it about this life being a test?

These are just thoughts of mine, I definitely don't speak for anyone but myself, certainly not any scholars.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

As it is written and as we obey He has a purpose for us..while we are in this transatory life..we are, as we chose to be, the caretakers of this beautiful planet. We are to uphold His Creation. We are to Remember we are His. We are to praise Him under all conditions. And we are to constantly strive to excell in qualities that are Pleasing to His Will and Law. Because we know His Word is True and we will Have the Day of Judgement.

Ashima33

A religion professor I had made a really good point. In the Bible.. when God asks Adam what he has done he states, "That woman YOU created told me to eat from the tree." So in a way Adam is blaming God. cUrazy. this isn't talked about much.

Here's the actual verse Genesis 3:11-12:

"11 And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

12 The man said, 'The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.' "

Sorry I don't think this answers your question. Just a related topic I thought was interesting.

Valerie

A religion professor I had made a really good point. In the Bible.. when God asks Adam what he has done he states, "That woman YOU created told me to eat from the tree." So in a way Adam is blaming God. cUrazy. this isn't talked about much.

Here's the actual verse Genesis 3:11-12:

"11 And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

12 The man said, 'The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.' "

Sorry I don't think this answers your question. Just a related topic I thought was interesting.

I hadn't thought about that before, I'll go check that out, thank you :)

I had thought about the whole "woman being the downfall of humanity" thing though :SMILY149:

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

1) The purpose of life is to worship Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) and serve Him by acts of obedience.

The reason man is to serve Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) alone is because this is part of the fulfillment of the Amanah, and because of the reality that Allah (The Glorified) is the only one deserved of man’s veneration and worship, “To Allah belongs whatsoever is in the heavens and the Earth. Verily, Allah, He is free of all needs, worthy of all praise” [31:26], “His is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. And to Allah return all the matters (for decision)” [57:5], “Lord of the heavens and of the Earth, and of all that is between them; so worship Him, and be constant and patient in His worship: knowest thou of any who is worthy of the same Name as He?" [19:65]. A Believer lives his life in awe of the Supreme Being and the fact that the Ruler of the Universe gave him the honor of being created. Further, guided him to the straight path and allowed him to have immortal life in a state of bliss in the Hereafter, InshAllah.

Regarding the other important reasons for which mankind were created, Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) has created man and placed him in this world of trials and tribulations to also bring about the things which He loves such as: sublime principles of establishing Truth and Justice, humility in manners, gratitude, devotion, and sacrifice in the way of serving Him; charity, kindness, and mercy displayed among the creation toward one another; resilience and steadfastness in adhering to the path of right conduct, whether that is in the way of religion or worldly matters, and in general, dignified living in obedience to His Shariah (Laws). The man or woman that engrains these principles into his or her life in this world, in veneration of Allah, is rewarded with the Garden of Paradise.

The establishment of Justice is especially Beloved to the Almighty and is mentioned several times in the Qur'an:

“Allah doth command you to render back your Trusts to those to whom they are due; And when ye judge between man and man, that ye judge with justice: Verily how excellent is the teaching which He giveth you! For Allah is He Who Heareth and Seeth all things.”​
[4:58]

“O ye who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well- acquainted with all that ye do.”
[4:135]

"O ye who believe! Stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just, that is next to piety, and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do.”
[5:8]

“Civilization is rooted in justice, and the consequences of oppression are devastating. Therefore, it is said that Allah aids the just state even if it is non-Muslim, yet withholds His help from the oppressive state even if it is Muslim.” -Quote from the Scholar Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him)

The Muslims should become leaders in the world with regard to the establishment of such principles and moral conduct. This is the reason that Muslims blessed with greater understanding and resources should struggle in the establishment of such conduct. Whether that is by reforms in their home nations or teaching or doing various charities in their local communities. This life is not simply about eating, sleeping, going to work, and having a family. This life is about striving and vacation is Paradise in the Hereafter. When the Muslims deviated from such practices, then you have what has appeared in modern times, punishment from Allah (The Exalted) because of chasing after the life of this world and not striving to live one's life based upon the principles and conduct condoned by Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

2) For a creation like human beings, with their intellect, strong opinionated nature, curiosity, and fallacy, to worship and sacrifice and strive for the Cause of Allah (The Exalted), by establishing His principles on the Earth and living one's life in accordance to them, is a momentous challenge. This is why the Almighty has placed the human race above the Angels in terms of rank.

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
I can't help on this.. Because my thought about original sin is... "Why create humans knowing full well that they're going to commit this original sin? Seems pretty cruel."

Maybe the purpose of life is to live, make the best choices possible and then be rewarded with a better existence with God? Isn't it about this life being a test?

These are just thoughts of mine, I definitely don't speak for anyone but myself, certainly not any scholars.
Masha'Allah Sister, its like you were quoting Quran but then at the end you said you speak for yourself. It even further proves that hadith in which it is said that Islam is the natural to human beings.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every child is born in a state of fitrah (the natural state of man, i.e., Islam), then his parents make him into a Jew or a Christian or a Magian.” (Agreed upon).

Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), said: “Allaah said: ‘I created My slaves as haneefs (believers in pure monotheism), then the Shaytaan misled them from their religion; he forbade them what I had permitted to them and commanded them to associate others with Me for which I had not sent down any authority.’”
(Muslim)

Now back to your views about creation. Allah says in the Quran,
"Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (1) Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed.[] And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving; (2)"
[Al-Mulk]

He sub'hananu wa ta'la says at another place,
"
Verily! We have made that which is on earth as an adornment for it, in order that We may test them (mankind) as to which of them are best in deeds.(7)"
[Al-Kahf]

P.S. You may also like to watch these videos by Khlaid Yasin
Purpose of Life

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Subuhaanallah! What a state of mind? What a state of mind?

If we were gonna ask them what is the purpose of the existence of cell-phone, they will say its to talk, message etc etc.

If we were gonna ask the whats the purpose of the existence of pen, they will say "to write ofcourse".

If we were gonna ask about the purpose of existence of key, they will answer "to open the door".

But.........

If we were gonna ask the what is the purpose of the existence of YOU on this earth? The answer is (BLANK).

Subuhaanallah! Subuhanallah!

That is the most important question of life. The question which leads our future, and the question that we need, inorder to find the way for our life.

In the Glorious Quran, Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) answers that important question. In Surah adh-Dhaariyaat, Verse 59, Allah says, "And We did not create the Jinns and the human/mankind except to worship Me."

That is the answer. The answer for the most important question in our life.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Kakorot

Assalamu alaykum,

I was having a casual conversation with a Christian today over religion. Of course, I try my best to explain Islam, and make sure they know I am still learning myself (since I am not a scholar)

She asked me.."Since Muslims dont believe in original sin, what is the point of humans? Besides following God's rules.."

I didnt quite understand what she wanted, since I was thinking..."Well, with your thought process, why make Adam and Eve? Why should we live trying to be forgiven for a sin which WE as a person did not commit?" ((In the Bible, all children are born sinners))

BUT, I am sure she would have seen that as dodging her question.

I could not totally answer, is that terrible? :shymuslima1:
What would YOU have said?​

:wasalam:

I'd tell her that Allaah said:

"Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving." (Surah Al-Mulk: 2)

^ I strongly feel this aayah explains it all, mashaAllaah.

And...

"And I (Allaah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone)." (Surah Ad-Dhariyat: 56).

"Verily, We have created man from Nutfah...Verily, We showed him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful." (Surah Al-Insaan: 3).

I would of also added and said that Allaah has given humans free will and common sense to do right and wrong. Every soul is responsible for its own actions and this wordly life is a test to prove if we are deserving of eternal paradise in the hereafter. So those who are deserving and follows His way, will have bliss in paradise; whereas, those who don't follow His way, then they will have everlasting torment in hellfire.

Allaah lets sinful people live and enjoy this wordly life, till they hit the reality of the hereafter. It is said that the life of this world for the believers is like a prison or hell and for the unbelievers, it is their paradise. This is because in the hereafter, it is going to be the opposite.

And obviously, when Allaah created us, He Knew that there would be people who will not follow His guidance and will follow satan etc... Because of shaytaan's du'aa to Allaah and his promise. He made du'aa to Allaah to give him respite, till the day of judgement, and he made a promise that he will lead mankind astray. So Allaah gave respite to shaytaan and said that those who follow shaytaan, will end up like him. Likewise, Allaah gives respite to evildoers, to sin and enjoy this life the wrong way (by following shaytaan).

By Allaah's Mercy, He gave the Qur'aan for our guidance. He sent Prophets (pbut) humans like us, as practical examples for us to follow. So we have sense, if we want, we can follow Allaah's way and if not we can reject, but by rejecting it, we do nothing but cause destruction for ourselves.

In a hadeeth it says that on the day of judgement, out of every 1000 people, 999 go to hell and only 1 goes to heaven. I hope you get where I'm coming from. Point is, like I said, Allaah Knows that the majority of humans will be in hell, yet He 'azza wa jal still created humans and allows them to live, gives them sustenance etc. although the majority disobey Him... Hope that makes sense sister.

Then I'd tell her about Tawheed, and if she rejects it, then I won't bother grieving over her because I did my bit.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum.

First of all,humans should know the reason they are created.It is not just for living,having successful life,have family.The reason Allah The Exalted created us is only to worship Him alone.Why do you think Allah The Exalted created us out of nothing,then He is the sustainer of all our needs?

Evidence:

And I (Allâh) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).
[51. Az-Zâriyât verse 56]

O ye who believe! bow down, prostrate yourselves, and adore your Lord; and do good; that ye may prosper.

[ 22. The Pilgrimage verse 77]

Now for Christians who think that all humans are born sinners,let check out their own scripture what it has to say.

[Ezekiel 18:20] "The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son."

Deuteronomy 24:16] "The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin."

If they claim Jesus pbuh is God then why would God prostrate to something else?God doesn't worship but He(God) is the object of worshiped.

[Matthew 26:39] "...and Jesus fell on his face and prayed."

[Mark 14:32] "They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, "Sit here while I pray.""

[Luke 5:16] "But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed."

Jesus pbuh is not God