Muslims are Cruel?

ipanda

Glory be to Allah,

Since my interest in Islam began, i have come to learn that what is said about Islam there and there is mostly not true. There are lots of insulting points that are totally baseless.

However, my biggest concern is, how can a merciful religion like Islam give birth to a rather inhuman people? I am sure this will be a shock to many but i assure you that i strongly believe that a muslim doesn't define Islam by all means so i am not saying Islam is a "cruel" faith.

1. Maids from African and Asia end up in Arabic countries which are dominantly Islamic. But the way they are treated is so ungodly and i don't know how this people go to the mosque to pray.

2. Thru out history, we have seen lots of protests but suicide bombing was almost never an issue. That is cos one is afraid of killing his/her life. Suicide bombing seems to be something left to Muslim brothers and sisters.

3. To this day, old muslims marry children. How can a mature man's heart allow that? Even if it is cultural, i don't just know nor understand how a father is fine with his daughter getting married to a man twice her age. Worse yet, how a man gets married...i just can't imagine somone doing something bad like this yet it is very, very common in Muslim communities.

4. Islamic women tend to lead a rather controlled life. I have read Islamic books that address this issue and i come to learn that Islam is very generous towards women. I was surprised to learn that, unlike the bible which states a woman was created from a man's body, a woman was created fully on her own. That shows how valued a woman is in the eyes of Islam. Yet, in my community, i don't see that at all. I don't think there is any Islamic justification towards the things that happen either. Again, the question that is how they have the guts to force them to lead a life like that when Allah grants them a better life?

I have more doubts but it just accurs to me why the heart is so hard like that when Islam teaches the other way round? Isn't Allah's teaching far more stronger and effective than some culture? Or i am missing the point.

I am so sorry if i have insulted anyone or Islam.

ummsami89

Well, what I can say, is look at Islam, dont look at muslims. Islam is a perfect religion but the PEOPLE who practice it, are just that. PEOPLE. They are not perfect, they are only human with flaws. Also, there is a lot of culture thrown in there too, not Islam. I am an American muslim woman. I converted 10 years ago. I am not controlled. I work a fulltime job outside of my home, in retail. i have for over 13 years. I am very happy. much happier than I was before I embraced Islam. Alhumduillah. I hope you find what you want, inshallah.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Well, what I can say, is look at Islam, dont look at muslims. Islam is a perfect religion but the PEOPLE who practice it, are just that. PEOPLE. They are not perfect, they are only human with flaws. Also, there is a lot of culture thrown in there too, not Islam. I am an American muslim woman. I converted 10 years ago. I am not controlled. I work a fulltime job outside of my home, in retail. i have for over 13 years. I am very happy. much happier than I was before I embraced Islam. Alhumduillah. I hope you find what you want, inshallah.

Jazakaum Allahu Khair and thumbs up sister....may Allah SWT protect you...

@Ipanda, I think you've got the answer...
please dont look at Muslims{so called} if you want to judge Islam....you need to look at Islam. the Kitab Allah{Quran}, the Prophet SAWS.....and his way of life.....

and dont mix culture, race and religion. Islam is for All humankind....and it belong to Allah SWT...we are just followers....and by nature man can be bad, plz dont blame Islam for that....
May Allah SWT guide and protect us all
Jazakallahu Khair
wassalamu alaikum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You have not insulted anyone. You have questions that need to be answered. As usual, I know many of the brothers and sisters with more knowledge will respond to you.

I can only write that your questions are typical of those who want to learn about Islam. There are sane and rational and logical answers to your questions.

As a Muslim, I am still a student. Islam is so comprehensive that learning never stops. Just when you think you know..there is ten times more to learn.

I can answer your question about Muslim women. I am a woman. And by choice I am Muslim. There is nothing else I would be. For the sake of illustration you could give me all the money in the world and I would reject it. It is Islam and nothing else.
Islam enables me to think. I can presue anything I wish. I can think and Islam encourages me to think.
I am able to work..I am able to raise my children..I speak to my brothers at the masjid and offer them suggestions. My brothers give me great respect.
Islam challenges me to use my mind and make it clear.
Islam allows me to have an interpersonal realtionship with my Creator. I do not need to go through an intermediary. There is no intercession. I have the right to a relationship with my God..as equal and readily accessible as my brothers.
Furthermore, Islam gives me the responsibility to educate my children.

And as to why do women cover. We cover by choice. I cover and it has made life easier. There is automatic respect given. I am marked as a serious woman by covering. A serious woman suggests a mature and thinking being.

As to old Muslims marrying children. In the Western world..do we not have the sugar daddy. The sugar daddy is the old man with means who gives the young girl/woman material gifts. He does not marry her..she is an object for his gratification. I see girls as young as 14 with sugar daddies.
We can not change biology. We have a preponderance of pregnancies of single young girls in the West. They seek relief of desire outside the boundaries of marriage.

I am just giving you an equally distrubing picture of looking at the ills of a non-Muslim world.

You seek understanding. And, Insha'Allah, you will gain a sense of why Muslims defend the faith that has been prescribed by Allah. I thank you for reading my response.

elysetexel

I understand all the questions, because I had them too. But Iam so thankfull for all the answers on this post alhamdullilah.

Accually because of these answers you can see how much love there is in Islam.

:tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother you used the definite article to describe the poet. Illuminate for me the source of this profound truth.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:wasalam:
you didn't make anything wrong,instead,we're here to share ideas and informations about Islam.
what I can surely say is that Islam is the sweetest of the religion,I explain why.
-women are good treated and have more rights than the men in matter of divorce.
-nothing but the faith to Allah SWT is necessary.
-in Islam there is no medium between the man and God,so every sin and every action you make,is observed by Allah only,and you can repent to Him only,not to another man.
-there is simplicity in the actions of the prayer and in the way of behave of muslim people.
-no money is asked to offer to enter in Islam,so if you take Shahada,you'll not pay money to an Imam,like it's often made during christian marriages or baptisms or eucharesty,in which much money goes in the pockets of the clericals.
These are few quelities of Islam,so you can obviously understand that it isn't a bad religion,instead,there are some people who maybe don't know it very good and fall into ignorance and sometimes violence.
try to think:is it written in Quran that a young daughter is obliged to marry an old man if she refuses???not at all:it is due to ignorance and jealousy of the father.but don't pay too much attention to what mass media say,because they always try to insult Islam,putting a dark veil on it.
in Italy expecially,I heard about a pakistani girl slaughtered by her father because she dressed to an "occidental" way and loved an italian guy:Allah will judge him for his action and her daughter will be questioned about the reason of her death( Kindly read Surat At-Takwir).
a man from Austria raped his daugher for 25 years and she had 7 children from his violences,the Mafia kills anyone who makes something against its rules,the priests mad abuses above children...they are not muslims but they are really really cruel!so don't try to look the inside of someone,intìstead,try to look its essence:be muslim and follow you sunnah without worrying too much about what it passes out,because Allah knows it better than us what it's happening:wasalam:

kayleigh

You can find examples of pedophilia, slavery, suicide bombings, terrorism, and oppression - and much, much more - in other religions and other cultures. I believe Islam is perfect, but Muslims certainly are not. Being Muslim doesn't mean you're immune from being a horrible person who does horrible things. There are just cruel people who also happen to be Muslim, but they are not cruel because they are Muslim.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

Glory be to Allah,

Since my interest in Islam began, i have come to learn that what is said about Islam there and there is mostly not true. There are lots of insulting points that are totally baseless.

However, my biggest concern is, how can a merciful religion like Islam give birth to a rather inhuman people? I am sure this will be a shock to many but i assure you that i strongly believe that a muslim doesn't define Islam by all means so i am not saying Islam is a "cruel" faith.

1. Maids from African and Asia end up in Arabic countries which are dominantly Islamic. But the way they are treated is so ungodly and i don't know how this people go to the mosque to pray.

2. Thru out history, we have seen lots of protests but suicide bombing was almost never an issue. That is cos one is afraid of killing his/her life. Suicide bombing seems to be something left to Muslim brothers and sisters.

3. To this day, old muslims marry children. How can a mature man's heart allow that? Even if it is cultural, i don't just know nor understand how a father is fine with his daughter getting married to a man twice her age. Worse yet, how a man gets married...i just can't imagine somone doing something bad like this yet it is very, very common in Muslim communities.

4. Islamic women tend to lead a rather controlled life. I have read Islamic books that address this issue and i come to learn that Islam is very generous towards women. I was surprised to learn that, unlike the bible which states a woman was created from a man's body, a woman was created fully on her own. That shows how valued a woman is in the eyes of Islam. Yet, in my community, i don't see that at all. I don't think there is any Islamic justification towards the things that happen either. Again, the question that is how they have the guts to force them to lead a life like that when Allah grants them a better life?

I have more doubts but it just accurs to me why the heart is so hard like that when Islam teaches the other way round? Isn't Allah's teaching far more stronger and effective than some culture? Or i am missing the point.

I am so sorry if i have insulted anyone or Islam.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:
:salam2:
and Greeting
to all well behave non-muslim that reading this article.

:astag:

Honestly,You have a very bad mouth!
Simple!Could be of your moral disabled manners when you were young and now that you grew up u became 'rotten' that needs good communities people coming not only from the muslims but from the non muslims as well in teaching you.

For example we take this precious little girl her name is Rachel Corrie though she is a Christian she had died for muslims especially the children in Palestine.
Ever since young she was aware that sharing and peace in this world is very important in order to maintain a harmony understand from all part of life regardless race and religion!

Rachel Corrie 5th Grade Speech I'm here because I care
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK8Z3i3aTq4

Israeli bulldozer driver murders American peace activist(Rachel Corrie)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBPf29ZOWkg&feature=related

Maybe by watching and picking on her good example and many other good non muslims that not selfish and egoistic unlike you that are too buzy making fun of other people religion!

So please do learn to respect others religion not committing the same mistake again!

Below is a True story for you to know that:
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The prophet Muhammad swt is a messenger of Allah swt so spreading Islamic message is his duty to serve Allah swt.
So one day as usually while performing his duty(spreading messages)to non believer(like you) he was being chased and throw stones at but The holy prophet Muhammad s.a.w since already had seen heaven and hell during his night journey(Al Isra')>see surah al isra')
decided to just ignored and bears with it but Allah swt send down this surah(chapter in the holy qur'an said)

Al-Kafiruun(The Unbeliever)
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Say: O disbelievers! (1)
I worship not that which ye worship; (2)
Nor worship ye that which I worship. (3)
And I shall not worship that which ye worship. (4)
Nor will ye worship that which I worship. (5)
Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion. (6)

So go along with whatever you do and believe and be happy with it just don't criticising other people believe further more it is not fair to say bad things to the non believer just because you criticise us and all human are not identically as what they think but generally human with healthy mind knows how to balance between good and bad hoping there's only you alone in this world behaving unfairly.

The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqzoF_zMX_A

About that you don't understand about Islam please ask true scholars or The Islamic council don't just measure in the aspect you see and being told by some irresponsible trouble media! There's munafiqin(pretender to be muslim)who some people thought they are muslim that bring bad name to Islam but there's Shaitan(Satan) and human makes mistake that why there's heaven and hell !One can choose where they be going later after life!

Learning Islam is not just learning alone but One need Hidayah!A special gift from Allah swt

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70101
Abdulmalik Clare is a very special blind person.

Allah swt is the best providers.

:tti_sister:May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

Salam to all muslims,
greeting to all non muslims

:tti_sister:May Allah swt shower blesses upon all muslim~Amin!

p.s
I Personally like to Thanks~All muslims and non muslims activist that had died in the name of human brotherhood and fighting for Peace for this world!

~Happy People Makes Happy World!

Glory be to Allah,

:SMILY252:~PEACE~:SMILY252:

alf2

Islam is a way of life

Where have you heard such claims? Have you ever talked to a maid from Asia or Africa living in the KSA or U.A.E? Those are the 2 countries who import the most foreign maids and drivers. Workers who will stay in the countries for a long time working with the same family.

IF i was a maid, or driver, being abused, I wouldnt stay.

Not an issue? Are you serious? :girl3:
Do you have any ideas how many scholars speak to DISSCONNECT Islam from Violence and terrorism?

This is common in THRID WORLD COUNTRIES.
Africa, villages in the Middle East, Hinus and Christians in India. Its not because of Islam, it's because parents THINK they're doing whats best for their kids. Setting them up with marraiges early, so the men can take care of them.

This very rarely works out in their favour. It's sad, but that is an entirely different situation than I have ever lived in. I dont even know how to go about fixing the problem.

Do you mean the rape of women? Domestic violence against women? Men killing their wife? Women wearing hijab? What do you mean? Need to be more specific.

I live in America, and the first 3 things happen daily, with men who are not Muslim. Usually, people like to use those as examples of inequality against women.

When it comes to lifestyle, like the Hijab. That is her CHOICE. If a woman does not want to, or has not decided to commit to the hijab, she doesnt. I myself, DONT wear hijab yet.

I am a revert, I was born into Christianity - not Islam. But I am a Muslim and have been for a year now. To be honest, I do not feel you've done too much research on Islam.

You need to listen to more schoalrs speak on the subjects of dissconnecting Islam from violence, dissconnecting Islam from terrorism, and a woman's lifestyle.

I also am going to reccomend you READ about Pre-Islamic Arabia, the life of the Prophet Muhammad and a book which compares Middle Eastern CULTURE and Islam. You will find not all islamic countries are perfect. They say they follow Shariah from the Qur'an, but they're wrong.

This leads Non-Muslims to think thats how things are, but its not.

I also recommend you research more on "child brides" I dont think any of us can really understand this issue fully, even if we had a 5 page discussion. It's an old tradition, and done in 3rd world countries on the principal of survival.

kayleigh

Where have you heard such claims? Have you ever talked to a maid from Asia or Africa living in the KSA or U.A.E? Those are the 2 countries who import the most foreign maids and drivers. Workers who will stay in the countries for a long time working with the same family.

actually, you should read up on how maids are treated in many arab countries. Or just foreign workers in general. There's countless cases of maids being raped, tortured, or just generally being mistreated or abused or have their pay withheld. They're held in slavery and are not able to leave even though they want to. Some of the things that are done to them are too graphic to mention here. The whole way that people look at domestic servants is just sick and completely racist - women of certain nationalities are considered "in" and "popular" so they cost more to have as a maid.

My best friend spent the summer in Jordan last year. His family hired a maid while they were there, and the things she told them about her previous employers were really sad. She wasn't abused that badly but she was definitely not treated with respect. They withheld her pay and food. She was in serious shock when my friend's family asked her to eat dinner with them at the table, or said "please" and "thank you".

Every arab I've spoken to acknowledges that the racism and the treatment of foreign workers (especially maids) a big problem in the Middle East.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
actually, you should read up on how maids are treated in many arab countries. Or just foreign workers in general. There's countless cases of maids being raped, tortured, or just generally being mistreated or abused or have their pay withheld. They're held in slavery and are not able to leave even though they want to. Some of the things that are done to them are too graphic to mention here. The whole way that people look at domestic servants is just sick and completely racist - women of certain nationalities are considered "in" and "popular" so they cost more to have as a maid.

My best friend spent the summer in Jordan last year. His family hired a maid while they were there, and the things she told them about her previous employers were really sad. She wasn't abused that badly but she was definitely not treated with respect. They withheld her pay and food. She was in serious shock when my friend's family asked her to eat dinner with them at the table, or said "please" and "thank you".

Every arab I've spoken to acknowledges that the racism and the treatment of foreign workers (especially maids) a big problem in the Middle East.

Then why do so many stay, and even more go?
It doesnt make logical sense to go if all that REALLY happens, you know what I mean?

I have met 2 dark-skinned maids from Australia that live in the KSA, and they are fine living there. All they complain about is Modesty Police.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Then why do so many stay, and even more go?
It doesnt make logical sense to go if all that REALLY happens, you know what I mean?

I have met 2 dark-skinned maids from Australia that live in the KSA, and they are fine living there. All they complain about is Modesty Police.

A lot of the times, their passports are confiscated. This isn't just true for maids, but for male labourers too. A lof of them go because they were promised a certain salary with which they will be able to look after their families back home.

Read this thread on TTI if possible, it's by an independent British Journalist on the social order in the UAE, specifically Dubai:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65325

Assalam alaikum.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
A lot of the times, their passports are confiscated. This isn't just true for maids, but for male labourers too. A lof of them go because they were promised a certain salary with which they will be able to look after their families back home.

Read this thread on TTI if possible, it's by an independent British Journalist on the social order in the UAE, specifically Dubai:

Assalam alaikum.

Wa alaykum salaam.

Thank you for this! I will have to read most of it tomorrow, since my bedtime is soon. I'm sure it will be beneficial to me.

This only reinforces my point that the Middle East, who supposedly follow "Shariah Law" are not to be seen as religiously pure, at all.

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

Brother Ayman1 summed up the intentions of this poster by his quote from the Imam. I understand that this is simply human nature for the general public, to dislike and have a negative opinion of others that are not of your own kind. Most of your prejudice is probably contrived from media reports.

1) The Media:

The national media is controlled by individuals that have a certain agenda. When they report crimes, they are picky about which ones they report and what associations they make. For example, there are hundreds and thousands of crimes committed by Caucasian individuals in the united states and many of them are very violent, such as murders, rapes, etc. For example, in modern times, in one city a Christian Caucasian woman was beheaded by her Christian Caucasian husband and he threw her head into the ocean. In the local city in which the crime was committed, it was reported continuously. However, this very shocking and violent crime was never placed on the national news. Even though in countries such as the United States most crimes are committed by Caucasians, people in the country have a prejudice in believing the criminal element of society are Hispanic and Black Americans. This is due to the medias' bias. Anyone can see this extreme bias in the national american news, by searching local city newspapers and station reports from the United States, one will find numerous cases of Christian Caucasians committing horrid violent crimes, but is never reported by the national news. Why? Because it is an embarrassment and makes Christian Caucasian people appear violent and uncivilized.

2) I remember reading another story of a Christian Caucasian man in Texas that beheaded his neighbor of the same religion and race because she had an illicit relationship with his son. On the subject of relationships with persons young in age. There are numerous cases of rape by incest, father raping his daughters, that occur in the United States among Christian Caucasians. Look at the following statistics:

"One of the nation's leading researchers on child sexual abuse, David Finkelhor, estimates that 1,000,000 Americans are victims of father-daughter incest, and 16,000 new cases occur annually (Finkelhor, 1983). However, Finkelhor's statistics may be significantly low because they are based primarily on accounts of white, middle-class women and may not adequately represent low-income and minority women (Matsakis, 1991)." -National Center for Victims of Crime-->Incest

Not to mention the thousands of cases of Christian Caucasian female teachers and mothers that rape children in their care in the United States. In the state of Washington, during a brief period of time, over 200 male coaches were removed and detained for sexual harassment or molestation of their female school team players.

3) As for violence. In the United States and many non-Muslim nations, there is rampant infanticide. A mass genocide of infants that is masked by a more lack luster term, "abortion." A national embarrassment hidden from the public. The murder of infants. In the United States 1.37 million murders of infants take place every year, approximately 3,700 everyday. 60% are done by Caucasian women. The religious affiliations are the following: Protestants 37.4%, Catholic 31.3%, 18% "Born-again/Evangelical," Jewish 1.3%, no religious affiliation 23.7%. 93% of the murders occur for social reasons (i.e. the child is unwanted or inconvenient)-Statistics Center for Bioethical Reform. Inconvenient infants, Dehumanizing human beings. Isn't that barbarity? How can educated people support such an abomination? To take the life of an innocent infant. Why does the media not report on that and show pictures of heaps of dead infants? Because that would be a national embarrassment, and would make Christian Caucasians appear as uncivilized and barbaric. They support such behavior. Oddly they don't view it as cruelty with their lack of morality, but they like to grin and wink and speak about "child" marriages according to their man-made laws. The Almighty has permitted in His Law, that any individual that reaches puberty, is able to wed and have an intimate relationship. If some one has a problem with that, then let them bring it before the Creator, He is the one that permitted them to have sexual desires and to procreate as such young ages. Would it have been fair of Him to have starved them of engaging in their sexual desires in a permissible relationship, marriage. For example, some naive individuals in the United States believe "abstinence" may be taught to teenagers. That is a foolish thought indeed, no wonder a report came out proving abstinence education in the United States does not work. There are rampant sexual encounters among teenagers starting from the age of 10 and up. The CDC (Center for Disease) reported that 1 out of 4 teenage girls has a Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) in the U.S.

Now, Humans in non-industrialized societies, in that agricultural based, have always married their daughters at younger ages. This is because there is no real formal schooling for them to attend. And because economically, the parents cannot afford to take care of them. In the past, all humans lived in agricultural based societies and the lifespan of individuals was low around 30-40, up to 50 for the majority. The invention of antibiotics, blood transfusions, and vaccines have helped to extend the human lifespan. Therefore, it is understandable why humans married young in the past, and unfortunately many people in modern times still live short lifespans, therefore, it is no wonder many of them get married young in modern times for that reason or economics.

Continuing on the topic of violence, there are plenty of resistance militias in Sri Lanka that have used the tactic the poster mentioned. There are also other nations that starve out entire nations by embargo or economic sanctions as well as violent military strikes, taking away the life of numerous innocent men, women, and children. Like what occurs in Palestine, etc. In Iraq, it was said that 500,000 infants died due to the embargo placed on the nation by Christian Caucasians that stopped medical equipment from being given to the nation. Isn't that cruelty and barbarity?

4) As for maids. There was a study conducted by a group of Hispanic Americans, that found that many Hispanic women in the United States, working in the homes of Christian Caucasian americans, faced: rape, sexual molestation or harassment, verbal abuse, physical harm, and had their payments promised withheld, because the Christian Caucasian americans that hired them, knew they were illegal immigrants and would not go to the police. The same was to be said of men who were refused payment after they performed their jobs, but the Christian Caucasian employer knew they were illegal immigrants and refused to pay them because they would not go to the police. Isn't that cruelty?

5) As for women. In the United States, the protection women had in society, that had been established by conservative principles, were stripped away, in the name of greater "freedoms." The result, men sweet talk naive, simple-minded women into having intimate relationships with them which may lead to the women being emotionally scared when the man leaves after he receives his treat or worse for the women, being impregnated. This leads to many young girls dropping out of high school, losing their education (some can't afford college even if they finish high school) because they have a child to deal with. The same happens for older women, they have a child to deal with and no husband. Leading to the largest poor population in the United States--> single mothers.

Lack of education, lack of economic or financial security, and lack of guardian to watch the child. The man escapes free of any responsibility, at least the conservative principles would have forced him to marry the girl before having an intimate relationship and made him financially responsible and eased the burden on the female, but women were fooled into thinking "sexual liberation" is good for them. All it led to was the use of women for mens' sexual pleasure (with boyfriends pressuring women to sleep with them, even if they didn't desire to), women used for advertisements to make money, impoverished single mothers with a lack of quality education or economic security. Isn't that cruelty toward women?

Persons that do not possess any form of wisdom and insight in their manner of thinking do not understand that men and women are naturally sexually drawn to one another. One cannot have a society that is religious and at the same time permits free mixing between the two genders. When a society becomes mixed in public between the two genders, this leads to the destruction of the foundation of society, the family, because of rampant fornication and adultery. This in turn leads to the stripping away of religiosity, due to the infatuation with the opposite gender, and eventually tearing apart the moral fabric of society, with a declination in moral behavior. This is what has occurred in every nation that has allowed the mixing of the genders.

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

kayleigh

Assalam alaikum.

Exactly what I was going to say.

Most people dealing with human trafficking and slavery do this - you promise them a nice job and better conditions than what they're living in, then when they get there you take their passport and their money and they're stuck there forever. It IS slavery. and it's too common.

ipanda

Not an issue? Are you serious? :girl3:
Do you have any ideas how many scholars speak to DISSCONNECT Islam from Violence and terrorism?

This is common in THRID WORLD COUNTRIES.
Africa, villages in the Middle East, Hinus and Christians in India. Its not because of Islam, it's because parents THINK they're doing whats best for their kids. Setting them up with marraiges early, so the men can take care of them.

This very rarely works out in their favour. It's sad, but that is an entirely different situation than I have ever lived in. I dont even know how to go about fixing the problem.

Do you mean the rape of women? Domestic violence against women? Men killing their wife? Women wearing hijab? What do you mean? Need to be more specific.

I live in America, and the first 3 things happen daily, with men who are not Muslim. Usually, people like to use those as examples of inequality against women.

When it comes to lifestyle, like the Hijab. That is her CHOICE. If a woman does not want to, or has not decided to commit to the hijab, she doesnt. I myself, DONT wear hijab yet.

I am a revert, I was born into Christianity - not Islam. But I am a Muslim and have been for a year now. To be honest, I do not feel you've done too much research on Islam.

You need to listen to more schoalrs speak on the subjects of dissconnecting Islam from violence, dissconnecting Islam from terrorism, and a woman's lifestyle.

I also am going to reccomend you READ about Pre-Islamic Arabia, the life of the Prophet Muhammad and a book which compares Middle Eastern CULTURE and Islam. You will find not all islamic countries are perfect. They say they follow Shariah from the Qur'an, but they're wrong.

This leads Non-Muslims to think thats how things are, but its not.

I also recommend you research more on "child brides" I dont think any of us can really understand this issue fully, even if we had a 5 page discussion. It's an old tradition, and done in 3rd world countries on the principal of survival.

1. I believe it is a universal truth that middle east in general is horrible to maids and immigrants. My sister was a victim to begin with and so many more go thru the same pain here.

2. Yes, i have heard scholars who differentiate terrorism from Islam but it so just scares me that muslims have the bravity to do suicide more than any other faith. Correct me if i am wrong please.

3. Yes, you are right. Old people get married to young girls in most 3rd world countries for various reasons. But been from one, i see my society improving day after day but still i have seen muslims doing it. I have asked one muslim man once and he told me how it is fine in Islam since Prophet Mohammed (phub) did it. Reasoning that, I have seen the number increase, not decrease. I am not refering to domestic violence or rape here, just a kind of "legal marriage". I understand the use of hijab and i have no questions about it.

Anyway, 10x for all your points.

Waseem203

Young Muslim
I don't really know enough about the "maid" topic to comment on that, but I don't think you know enough either. I was recently in Kuwait living with my uncle who had a maid and I seen her being treated very well. Perhaps this is the exception to the "universal truth".

To your second point, I am just wondering what that has to do with your faith? Does it really effect you as a person to know why these crazy people see no problem with killing themselves? A few decades ago, a Christian found the bravity to incinerate six million people. ALL religions are subject to extremism and misinterpretation. Does that mean you label Muslims as cruel? I hope not.

To your third point, I don't exactly understand. Do you live in two different societies and are comparing the marriage rates of old people to young girls? How have you seen the number increase/decrease? Do you have any statistics?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Would you be so kind as to let us know where you are in your interest in Islam. Are you a person who is considering Islam as your faith. Are you an individual who is seeking truth.

Islam to a Muslim is in his blood. When I donate blood I always tell the nurses be careful this is Muslim blood and everyone wants it. The blood flows so beautifully.

A believer believes. A believer realizes this life is not the end. And therefore, many are willing to die for the cause. I am not making a judgement. There is little to fear of death. Now is it correct or a sin is a different subject. That is a topic all by itself.

As I think I realize we are all humans. Christians, Jews, Muslims, Etc. We all have the potential to exercise Love or Evil.