Fake ex Muslim ergun Caner get's Demoted

D.Ahmed

Believer
Liberty University: Ergun Caner Made “Factual Statements that Are Self-contradictory,” Apologizes, Cleared of Charges, Demoted, but Remains at Liberty as a Professor

Liberty University releases a statement:

After a thorough and exhaustive review of Dr. Ergun Caner’s public statements, a committee consisting of four members of Liberty University’s Board of Trustees has concluded that Dr. Caner has made factual statements that are self-contradictory. However, the committee found no evidence to suggest that Dr. Caner was not a Muslim who converted to Christianity as a teenager, but, instead, found discrepancies related to matters such as dates, names and places of residence. Dr. Caner has cooperated with the board committee and has apologized for the discrepancies and misstatements that led to this review. Dr. Caner’s current contractual term as Dean of Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary expires on June, 30, 2010. Dr. Caner will no longer serve as Dean of Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary. The university has offered, and Dr. Caner has accepted, an employment contract for the 2010-2011 academic year. Dr. Caner will remain on the faculty of Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary as a professor.

To me, the most astounding line in this story had been that of Liberty University co-founder and School of Religion dean Elmer Towns, who told Christianity Today: “It’s not an ethical issue, it’s not a moral issue. We give faculty a certain amount of theological leverage.”

But it’s just as troubling that an evangelical theological seminary would say that someone can make “factual statements that are self-contradictory
.”
Huh???:confused::confused::confused:

Many questions will apparently remain publicly unanswered.

It's about time this Imposter got caught thanks to youtube video's from Mokhan247 who debunked him, I mean watch some of the video's Ergun Caner is soo fake it makes you laugh so hard. Lol
Here is a youtube Link aswell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5ZaQDeeMiY

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

For us to dig and look for this kind of "fake people" is not going to help our Ummah. If we all watched his videos, it'll be rated the highest.....why cant we watch something tha'll help a lost soul come back to Islam??
I am not saying this kind of issues have to be ignored or something like that....all I am saying is "yes" fake people do exist, SO WHAT? we cannot change that fact, but we can make it better by putting the real Islam out there.
That was just a thought,
may Allaah forgive me if I said something wrong or disrespected another individual. ameen
Salaams!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

For us to dig and look for this kind of "fake people" is not going to help our Ummah. If we all watched his videos, it'll be rated the highest.....why cant we watch something tha'll help a lost soul come back to Islam??
I am not saying this kind of issues have to be ignored or something like that....all I am saying is "yes" fake people do exist, SO WHAT? we cannot change that fact, but we can make it better by putting the real Islam out there.
That was just a thought,
may Allaah forgive me if I said something wrong or disrespected another individual. ameen
Salaams!

Mashallah la qowta illa billah!..these words are like a string of pearls sister..baraka Allah feeki in the dunya and the akhirah..

:wasalam:

D.Ahmed

Believer

That was just a thought,
Salaams![/QUOTe

:salam2:

Ergun Caner is a popular Evangelist who was popular due to the fact that he Claimed he came from a Islamic scholar background when infact he did not even know the basics and he was out there fooling the gullible Ignorant Masses about Islam and spreading lies so had it not been exposed and debunked by the person I mentioned on my last post then he would have continued to spread lies so that's my point making people aware of the liars then we can spread real Islam And I also just felt like posting it.
"SO WHAT"?
THAT'S WHAT...:)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

That was just a thought,
Salaams![/QUOTe

Ergun Caner is a popular Evangelist who was popular due to the fact that he Claimed he came from a Islamic scholar background when infact he did not even know the basics and he was out there fooling the gullible Ignorant Masses about Islam and spreading lies so had it not been exposed and debunked by the person I mentioned on my last post then he would have continued to spread lies so that's my point making people aware of the liars then we can spread real Islam And I also just felt like posting it.
"SO WHAT"?
THAT'S WHAT...:)

I have no comment,
May Allaah reward you for your intentions...!

ShyHijabi

Asalaam aleakum,

Actually watching this link and thus bumping it as highest rated would be awesome! The link is specifically to a news report showing this man a fraud. Let me explain the damage this man has done, he has stated he was Muslim and then converted to Christianity...then he would state outright falsities concerning Islam. In other words, he was actively being an enemy of Islam and spreading lies about our prophets and our beliefs!

So if anyone was curious about Islam they would immediately be turned off by this man's lies and hate mongering. I think it brilliant that he was uncovered as a fraud! He was never Muslim and therefore everything he uttered needs to be questioned by those he tainted. Think about it, they may now look into Islam because they realize this "source" was revealed as a fraud. Let the people yell out from the rooftops, "This man is a liar!!"

I don't know for sure but this ayah says make them known:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِنْ جَاءَكُمْ فَاسِقٌ بِنَبَإٍ فَتَبَيَّنُوا أَنْ تُصِيبُوا قَوْمًا بِجَهَالَةٍ فَتُصْبِحُوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلْتُمْ نَادِمِينَ [٤٩:٦]

[Saheeh_International] O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.

[Hilali-Khan] O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done.

Al-hujrat 49 ayah 6

Allah knows best

alf2

Islam is a way of life
From the first moment i saw his video, i knew it was fake.
I would not be surprised if they ALL were faked...they were made in a professional setting :/

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

If I may present another side of the issue. I live very close to Liberty University. I can drive there in less than three hours. The University has brought life to the town.
The Univerisity is in what is known as the Bible Belt. The people who support Liberty Univeristy are the ones who are now funding the Christian Zionist movement. These people have been duped into thinking that it is their duty to support the Israeli Zionist state.
The legacy of Jerry Falwell lives on in the Bible Belt. We are talking major money here.
We have a person who held a prestigious position and he has been exposed. This is a blow to the Christian Zionist movement. Thank you for reading my response.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalaam walaikum,

If I may present another side of the issue. I live very close to Liberty University. I can drive there in less than three hours. The University has brought life to the town.
The Univerisity is in what is known as the Bible Belt. The people who support Liberty Univeristy are the ones who are now funding the Christian Zionist movement. These people have been duped into thinking that it is their duty to support the Israeli Zionist state.
The legacy of Jerry Falwell lives on in the Bible Belt. We are talking major money here.
We have a person who held a prestigious position and he has been exposed. This is a blow to the Christian Zionist movement. Thank you for reading my response.

Salaam respected Sister,

I also live on the Bible Belt, in Georgia, where Churches rent out school classrooms on Sunday to hold church...So much for separation of Church and State! :girl3:
I've never heard of Liberty University until this.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Liberty University is located in Lynchburg, Virginia. It is the child of Jerry Falwell. He is best known for his Thomas Road Baptist Church. He was one of the most prominent of the television preachers. He had a very successful ministry.
Those who are members of the churches of the Bible Belt are good people. They make good neighbors. And they are easily led. I live in small town and we must a church on every block.
I am amazed because of the number of students I have met in the past two years who are attending Liberty. I am 45 minutes away from Virginia Tech and these people opt for Liberty. Liberty is generous with grants and scholarships. They are even competing in basketball.

( I know I get carried away with responses..one of my former husbands always complained he did not need a lecture..a yes or no would suffice).

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
LOL

He was a devout liar and he still is :lol:. Devout Muslim doesn't even know the Shahadah, fasted forty day Ramadan, says you do not eat anything and at places you do not even drink .... even more :lol: and had Suhur after Maghrib. This is really funny, brother Ayman summed it up really well.

Thanks to the original poster and to you too brother D. Ahmed