Vote Against Banning Burqas in the Netherlands

Durriyyah

Forever Student
:salam2:

The Dutch government is looking into banning women from wearing the veil in public. You can vote what you think using the link below and read the article as well. Maybe this is old news for many, but it is talking about making people watch homosexuals kissing and nude women on videos before they are allowed to live in the country! Let's all give our duas to those in the Netherlands that they get to keep their rights.

:tti_sister:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15766882/

:wasalam:

Durriyyah

Forever Student

I see your point Globalpeace, but why do they have to tell people to cover less... I believe your point is to tell some women to cover more (don't walk around dang near naked!). I think if they ban burqas, they need to ban ski masks as well... where is that in the news?

Globalpeace

Banned
To be Naked or Not?

Asslamo Allaikum,

I know it should bother me but nakedness doesn't really. I just shut it out of my mind; it could be that I am desenitised to it (maybe).

Also could be because in my mid-thirties & not younger.

Some brothers get all up in arms about it and it really gets them.

I think its wrong (Islamically & morally) but because I don't live in a Muslim country I suppose I can't help it....If we expect Non-Muslims to allow my sisters to wear Hijab then I suppose in turn I have to allow them to be naked (if they want).

I think women should be allowed to dress as they want & accodring to their faith & morals; that would be a fair solution but then we would have to accept naked women & women do go around naked here in Europe. (Balance I suppose)

In an unIslamic country Non-Muslim women would be required to dress modestly but in Saudia they take it to the nth degree & dictate to Non-Muslims women to coverup.

Sorry for the confused post but I am not really sure what the solution is; If we opt for secularism (i.e. Muslim women should be allowed to wear Hijab) then we have to allow Nakedness in return.On the other hand if the law dictates No Hijab then we can have a law about dressing women & specify the least dressing required.

I see your point Globalpeace, but why do they have to tell people to cover less... I believe your point is to tell some women to cover more (don't walk around dang near naked!). I think if they ban burqas, they need to ban ski masks as well... where is that in the news?

justoneofmillion

crisis in the western world

women are capitalisms favorit preys!!!!!!don´t mean to be disrespectful at all but it`s crazy how in the west it`s easier to take off your clothes than to put them on they call that modernity i call that stoneage man! thanks to allah islam is growing in the west just a couple of years and than we will see who is going to be in a position to justifie themselves. as muslims we should make no compromise on this issue and we should stay strong and still for the dignity of the sister who choose to wear humble dressing . after the godless 19th and 20th century the 20th century and all the crimes and delusion they brought with them the 21st century is promising to be religous again in europe inschallah fashions just like seasons come and go but islam is not never was and never will be a time fashion it can wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:SMILY346: :SMILY346: :SMILY346: :salah:

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
:salam2: this kind of subject is driving me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do you know that if you walk on the streets ,in brussels with your nikab ,you get arrested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!One of my friends is a reverted sister and the policeman stopped her around 6 times.The last time she was took into the police car.In front of her little daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!By the other hand we are obliged to see gays walking hand by hand(beurk)and getting married !!!!!!Why do Allah tolerate that?It is so sad:wasalam: :girl3: :girl3: :girl3:

Iaroslav

To be honest, I can sort of understand why they want to ban things that completely cover up a person's face ie burkas, ski masks, masks, etc. to help fight and prevent crime. If a person's face can be seen, then there is a much better chance that they will be recognized if, for example, they commit a crime. However, on the flip side, there is the freedom of choice here (such as (muslim)women who do choose to wear the hijabb/burka, there is the freedom of religion/expression at hand here...I find it to be very complicated, indeed. I believe that it should be a choice, but there should be limits either way. People should have some modesty in the way they dress, especially women, but it should no go to the point where a person is obscured to being unrecognisable.

Globalpeace

Banned
Devil's Advocate

Asslamo Allaikum,

Have you guys thought of it the other way around?

In Saudia they FORCE Non-Muslim women to cover up...They stop you eating in the resturant & stuff...They don't let you bring in a bible....

So the West is doing the same; trying to conform Muslim women to their style...A Women in Naqab in Amsterdam is a strange sight (to them) amonst all them Naked women Show Girls!

Before jumping on me for rejecting the Qur'aan & the Sunnah, please read the subject.

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
:salam2: The problem is not the fact of not covering the face.Don't you understand than every european country is voting laws not only about the niqab but also about the veil.Here, our sisters cannot go no longer with the veil to schools .I live here since12 years ago.There was no problem before.We were admitted at any university without no problems,now ,the only ones that admitted you are the catholics ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!At high schools 15th,or 16th years old sisters cannot cover their head anymore

asabr

To be honest, I can sort of understand why they want to ban things that completely cover up a person's face ie burkas, ski masks, masks, etc. to help fight and prevent crime. If a person's face can be seen, then there is a much better chance that they will be recognized if, for example, they commit a crime. However, on the flip side, there is the freedom of choice here (such as (muslim)women who do choose to wear the hijabb/burka, there is the freedom of religion/expression at hand here...I find it to be very complicated, indeed. I believe that it should be a choice, but there should be limits either way. People should have some modesty in the way they dress, especially women, but it should no go to the point where a person is obscured to being unrecognisable.

Asalam alaikum wr/wb
We don't mind being called whatever u call us.....we r here to please the creator and not the slaves. So save ur comments for the women in ur life...they r useless and foolish to muslimas....
May allah guide me, you and the rest....amin
wasalam alaikum wr/wb

brother4ever

My Dear Brother,Sister & friend

The proper definition of Hijaab can be understood from the following verse of the noble Qur’aan, ‘O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That would be better that they should be known so as not to be annoyed.’ Imaam Qurtubi has mentioned the explanation of ‘cloaks’ given by Abdullah ibn Mas’ood [Radhiallaahu anhu] in his famous Tafseer ‘Al-Jaami li bayanil Qur’aan’. Abdullah ibn Mas’ood [Radhiallaahu anhu] states that the cloaks should be tied or wound in such a way that only one eye remains exposed or another method would be to tie the upper portion on the brow just above the eyes and another portion above the nose just below the eyes, leaving only the two eyes exposed. (vol.14 pg.232; Darul hadith-Cairo). It is not permissible for a young man to expose her face in the presence of non-Mahram men. (Shaami vol.1 pg.406; HM Saeed)

Durriyyah

Forever Student

I believe discussions like this are so important! While some people would prefer not to see women uncovered and others do not mind... who are any of us to dictate what someone can and can not wear? I feel that most political leaders do have religious values... do they not understand that all judgement is found in the hands of Allah? Why must they enforce their own judgements on someone else?

I believe freedom of choice is the ultimate resolution. Women should not be forced to cover or forced to uncover.

Yes, it can be hard to recognize someone with burqa or ski mask if they rob a store but who is to say that they won't find something else to cover their face (hat, halloween costume, etc.). Outlawing one thing only makes for trickier criminals if that really was their plan.