The fifteenth of Sha'ban was the changing of the qiblah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:bismillah:
:salam2:
Greeting.

How are you my brothers and sisters
May Allah swt reward best health to you and your family~Amin!

The fifteenth of Sha'ban

The fifteenth of Shaban according to the Islamic calendar. It is also called Nisfu Sha'ban. It means "half".

The most important event at the fifteenth of Sha'ban was the changing of the qiblah which was ordered by God from Masjidil Aqsaa, in Jerusalem, to Masjidil Haraam in Makkah.
Allah swt said in the Holy Qur-an: 2:144

"Indeed We see the turning of thy face to heaven, so We shall surely make thee master of the qiblah which thou likest; turn then your face towards the Sacred Mosque (Masjidil Haraam). And wherever you are turn your faces towards it."

(Fasting on the month of Ramadhan the benefit goes to the ummah as the good will count serving Allah swt to fast as was instructed by Allah swt the almighty )

:tti_sister:May Allah swt guide and help us~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam .

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum

is for that Arabs celebrate the day with the song:

Giringaho gorgaho, atu na ma yatikum
....may be something like that.
when i was in an Arab country I was also used to join the gathering.I was small then.
but the days are still alive....great amusement were there....all the children roam around the whole area and collect chocolates/cakes/nuts/chips/drinks...and all were singing the same song. it was like something Eid...I mean celebration was wide.

may be that can be Bidah or I dont know.
can you give me info?

wassalamu alaikum warahmatu-llah

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
video didn't turn up

Assalamulikum

[yt]NhJZUckSx0w[/yt]

Allah knows the best.
Assalamulikum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pardon me sister and i am truely sorry
your video didn't turn up for me to view(it's a total blank)
can you please if you don't mind at all
post a link of the video .

Thank you in advance, sister,
May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

revert2007

Love Fishing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pardon me sister and i am truely sorry
your video didn't turn up for me to view(it's a total blank)
can you please if you don't mind at all
post a link of the video .

Thank you in advance, sister,
May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

Assalamulikum

Allah knows the best
Assalamulikum​

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Thank you for the fast respond

Assalamulikum

Allah knows the best
Assalamulikum​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:ma:

Thank you for the fast respond,sister
I get the link now
Alhamdulillah!

Thank you sister
~May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum wa rahmatu-llah

Jazak Allah khair for the informative response
may Allah subhanahu wa ta'la save us from mis understandings and bidah

barakAllahu feekum

wassalamu alaikum

ChebbaTan

Laylat al-Nusf min Sha’baan (the middle of Sha’baan) should not be singled out for wo

Assalamu Aleikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

I found this thread very pertinent because the 15th of Shaban is approaching and this day is given extra attention and considered a special night for extra worshipping actions by the large amount of muslims in my country.

Before I did research on this subject I had already heard that celebrating this date is a religious inovvation to be avoided, and in the other hand, those who practice it defend there is nothing wrong with what they do since they're just doing devotion acts, such as fasting and praying extra salats during this night, in which they believe many souls are released from a destiny in Hell, and they pray for forgiveness.

When I took time for research and get informed with knowledgeable muslims, I've found that there's no solid evidence to show the 15th of Shaban is a special night, this belief has its base on fabricated and very weak ahadeeth, and to practice extra worshipping in this night because of this belief consists in bidah.

Here it is link I personally found quite useful, in which fatwa is summed up very well this question. If we have opportunity, we should gently show to our brothers and sisters who have the belief that 15th Shaban is a big special night due to misinformation or lack of information, the truth about it, the type of evidence which relies behind it, and that it is better and safer to avoid it, even if intentions are good, we muslims should always worship Allah swt based on true and solid evidence.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/8907

This is the content of the link above:

I read in a book that fasting on the middle of Sha’baan is a kind of bid’ah, but in another book I read that one of the days on which it is mustahabb to fast is the middle of Sha’baan… what is the definitive ruling on this?

Praise be to Allaah.

There is no saheeh marfoo’ report that speaks of the virtue of the middle of Sha’baan that may be followed, not even in the chapters on al-Fadaa’il (chapters on virtues in books of hadeeth etc.). Some maqtoo’ reports (reports whose isnaads do not go back further than the Taabi’een) have been narrated from some of the Taabi’een, and there are some ahaadeeth, the best of which are mawdoo’ (fabricated) or da’eef jiddan (very weak). These reports became very well known in some countries which were overwhelmed by ignorance; these reports suggest that people’s lifespans are written on that day or that it is decided on that day who is to die in the coming year. On this basis, it is not prescribed to spend this night in prayer or to fast on this day, or to single it out for certain acts of worship. One should not be deceived by the large numbers of ignorant people who do these things. And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh Ibn Jibreen.

If a person wants to pray qiyaam on this night as he does on other nights – without doing anything extra or singling this night out for anything – then that is OK. The same applies if he fasts the day of the fifteenth of Sha’baan because it happens to be one of the ayyaam al-beed, along with the fourteenth and thirteenth of the month, or because it happens to be a Monday or Thursday. If the fifteenth (of Sha’baan) coincides with a Monday or Thursday, there is nothing wrong with that (fasting on that day), so long as he is not seeking extra reward that has not been proven (in the saheeh texts). And Allaah knows best.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

InshaAllah I hope more and more people open the eyes as I did, Alhamdulillah,

May Allah guide us to His straight path in knowledge and strong Imaan, Ameen!

Assalamu Aleikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Almaas

Wait.. so is doing ibaadat on the 15th of Sha'ban bida3? Coz this thread says two different things. =/

I hope someone can clear this up, InshAllah.

:wasalam:

ChebbaTan

Wait.. so is doing ibaadat on the 15th of Sha'ban bida3? Coz this thread says two different things. =/

I hope someone can clear this up, InshAllah.

Salam,

We should do ibadah on every day of the year, not only on the 15th of Shaban, the question here is that if we do extra ibadat with the intention of getting extra reward by considering this night special, then
it becomes a bidah, according to this paragraph from islam qa:

If a person wants to pray qiyaam on this night as he does on other nights – without doing anything extra or singling this night out for anything – then that is OK. The same applies if he fasts the day of the fifteenth of Sha’baan because it happens to be one of the ayyaam al-beed, along with the fourteenth and thirteenth of the month, or because it happens to be a Monday or Thursday. If the fifteenth (of Sha’baan) coincides with a Monday or Thursday, there is nothing wrong with that (fasting on that day), so long as he is not seeking extra reward that has not been proven (in the saheeh texts). And Allaah knows best.

I hope this helps inshaAllah, I'm waiting for more clarifying posts as well,

Salam

Almaas

Salam,

We should do ibadah on every day of the year, not only on the 15th of Shaban, the question here is that if we do extra ibadat with the intention of getting extra reward by considering this night special, then
it becomes a bidah

Wa'alaykum asalaam.

Yeah that's what I meant bro.. because is there anything authentic which suggest the changing of the Qibla took place on exactly the fifteenth of Sha'ban?

JezakAllah khair for your response. :)

ChebbaTan

Wa jazaki sister!!

I'm glad to help you, but concerning that issue about the changing of the qibla I'd like to hear further comments, because I've never heard anything about it before until today...

Salam

PS: and by the way, I'm a sister as well.... :D

Almaas

Wa jazaki sister!!

I'm glad to help you, but concerning that issue about the changing of the qibla I'd like to hear further comments, because I've never heard anything about it before until today...

Salam

PS: and by the way, I'm a sister as well.... :D

I haven't heard much about it either, so I also await the reply of others.

Oops, sorry! (And from Portugal too, how cool.) :)

Wa'alaykum asalaam.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
salamu alaykum

what is the name of this shaykh akhi? His english is great.

barakallahu feek

Wassalam

His name is Shiekh Mohammed Salah yes he speaks very well and has a good way to make us understand on Fiqh issues. He is Imam in Texas also I think so

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

Wooww....suhanaAllaaah.....so singling out Ibaadah for this month is Bid'ah? and how many people fall in this? subhanaAllaah, may Allaah safe us. InshaAllaah I'll forward it to as many people as I can. May Allaah reward you sister
Chibbatan for sharing the Fatwa. ameen
I was a little hesitant about this day and night too.....I didnt know what to believe. Alhamdulillaah these are the times I am soo thankful to TTI members, mashaAllaah, tabarakaAllaah.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

Saalam alaikum wa rahmatu-llah

Jazak Allah khair for the informative response
may Allah subhanahu wa ta'la save us from mis understandings and bidah

barakAllahu feekum

wassalamu alaikum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alhamdulillah!

Amin!
To you du'a.

Thank you for passing by,
~May Allah swt guide us all~Amin!

Take Care!

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2: Brothers and Sisters,

Here in India ignorant Muslims believe that the souls of the deceased Muslims visit their homes on 15 Shaban.

So they cook the favourite food of the deceased and call their local Imam/Muezzin to give fatiha...

I don't even have to say that it has got nothing to do with Islaam.

And the food is actually eaten by the Soul...

Not the deceased's Soul but the Mullah who came to give fatiha! :)

arzafar

:salam2: Brothers and Sisters,

Here in India ignorant Muslims believe that the souls of the deceased Muslims visit their homes on 15 Shaban.

So they cook the favourite food of the deceased and call their local Imam/Muezzin to give fatiha...

I don't even have to say that it has got nothing to do with Islaam.

And the food is actually eaten by the Soul...

Not the deceased's Soul but the Mullah who came to give fatiha! :)

lol! that's what barelvi do or is it faizaane madina boys.
fortunately in karachi barelvis have become less in number...
only to be replaced by deobandis.

Status
Not open for further replies.