TTI Cook Off

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum wa rahmatu-llahi wa barakatuhu to all

I've tried the garlic chicken, not just me....actually mom helped me as a whole....lolz....
but the masala mix was done by me......and that resulted a GGAARRLLIICC chicken....he he ...may be I ve put a lot garlic...I noted the recipe but not the amount...but yet it was great.....and I loved it a lot...usually whenever I make chicken Tikka/kebab, it becomes as Asian taste, but it was different....

@Revert2007: Is HAMMUS a Egyptian recipe or Irani? I used to have it, when I was in Qatar and there was an Egyptian restaurant, and I first invented the dish there, as it was far away from my house and I moved back to my motherland, i coulnd have for much time..but the taste is just at my tounge.....
I have searched a lot in the internet,also got some, and I made so, but wasnt like what I ate in that restaurant......

If you have and if that is a Egyptian recipe please share that...
and the Garlic chicken was great...mashaa'Allah....and was cooked well, alhamdu li Allah.

Jazakum Allahu Khair
wassalamu alaikum

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

I need to post some recipes here.. Hopefully one this weekend InshaAllah..

Special thanks to akhi Abu Talib for flying the brother's banner high.. 2 recipes.. way to go.. !

revert2007

Love Fishing
Saalam alaikum wa rahmatu-llahi wa barakatuhu to all

I've tried the garlic chicken, not just me....actually mom helped me as a whole....lolz....
but the masala mix was done by me......and that resulted a GGAARRLLIICC chicken....he he ...may be I ve put a lot garlic...I noted the recipe but not the amount...but yet it was great.....and I loved it a lot...usually whenever I make chicken Tikka/kebab, it becomes as Asian taste, but it was different....

@Revert2007: Is HAMMUS a Egyptian recipe or Irani? I used to have it, when I was in Qatar and there was an Egyptian restaurant, and I first invented the dish there, as it was far away from my house and I moved back to my motherland, i coulnd have for much time..but the taste is just at my tounge.....
I have searched a lot in the internet,also got some, and I made so, but wasnt like what I ate in that restaurant......

If you have and if that is a Egyptian recipe please share that...
and the Garlic chicken was great...mashaa'Allah....and was cooked well, alhamdu li Allah.

Jazakum Allahu Khair
wassalamu alaikum

Assalamualikum akhi.Well actually it dosn't matter how much garlic you use.The more the better.There is a recipe with 20 garlic cloves :)

About hummus.
Well it is basically middle east dish.All Arabs use it i guess.

It made of cooked mashed chickpeas blended with tahini/tahina (sesame paste),lemon juice,salt,olive oil and garlic.

I am not sure if you can find tahini.In any Arab shop you may find thsi product in sha Allah.If you can't find,don't worry.You may make your own tahini.
HOW TO MAKE TAHINI
Ingredients

It is worth making tahini in bulk to reduce waste as the sticky paste is difficult to empty cleanly from your food processor. This is the proportion of oil to sesame seeds to use, increase the quantities to suit your needs
¼ cup vegetable oil to 1 cup sesame seeds

Method

Preheat your oven to 340°F (170° C).
  1. Spread your sesame seeds on a roasting tray, and toast in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring regularly to toast evenly. Do not allow to brown as this impairs the flavor.
  2. Remove the sesame seeds from the oven and allow to cool briefly.
  3. Put the toasted sesame seeds in your food processor, with metal blades fitted, and add half the oil.
  4. Process the mixture on a high setting for a minute, stopping to clean the sides of the food processor with a spatula from time to time.
  5. Add the rest of the oil, and continue to process the seeds to a paste, again cleaning the sides regularly and ensuring that the paste still covers the blades. Ensure that all the mix is blended to a paste. This can be a somewhat messy process but stick with it. The results will be worth it!
  6. When the mixture is evenly smooth, and further processing does not further refine the texture, transfer your tahini to a tight fitting glass jar using a flexible spatula, if you have one, to reduce waste.
source

HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS

Ingredients:

• 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
  • 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
  • 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation:

Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.

Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus.

Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley (optional).

Serve immediately with fresh, warm or toasted pita bread, or cover and refrigerate. Variations

For a spicier hummus, add a sliced red chile or a dash of cayenne pepper. Storing Hummus

Hummus can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and can be kept in the freezer for up to one month. Add a little olive oil if it appears to be too dry.

p.s:If you do not have food processor,just use normal blender.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

:bismillah:

Thank you for sharing sister

~May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

Thanks so much,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum wa rahmatu-llah

@Revert2007: oh that great......mashaa'Allah.....Jazakum Allahu khair for the VDO and the explanation. you could have even post just the vdo. anyways, I did try almost same, but may be I've done something wrong with the TAHINI{I put olive oil, instead of vegetable oil}. I dont know how it became bitter{may be the seasmes were over roasted}, so the whole taste was a little bit bitter.....I'll try again inshaa'Allah. TAHINI will not be available in my country...so i had to and i have to prepare it myself. when i made it, the flavour was almost same, but taste was.....yaak....
anyways....
Jazakum Allahu Khair for the recipe, may Allah subhanahu wa ta'la help you and all to come with new recipies.

PS: cooked mashed chickpeas? If I use canned will I have to cook again?
last time I didnt.....

Wa alaikum assalam

revert2007

Love Fishing
Salam alaikum wa rahmatu-llah

@Revert2007: oh that great......mashaa'Allah.....Jazakum Allahu khair for the VDO and the explanation. you could have even post just the vdo. anyways, I did try almost same, but may be I've done something wrong with the TAHINI{I put olive oil, instead of vegetable oil}. I dont know how it became bitter{may be the seasmes were over roasted}, so the whole taste was a little bit bitter.....I'll try again inshaa'Allah. TAHINI will not be available in my country...so i had to and i have to prepare it myself. when i made it, the flavour was almost same, but taste was.....yaak....
anyways....
Jazakum Allahu Khair for the recipe, may Allah subhanahu wa ta'la help you and all to come with new recipies.

PS: cooked mashed chickpeas? If I use canned will I have to cook again?
last time I didnt.....

Wa alaikum assalam

Assalamualikum.Well too much of tahini will make the taste bitter or perhaps as you said,you might have over roasted it.

Can chickpeas are cooked.So all you need to do is wash it with water,drain it and blend it with other ingredients.:)

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum

Jazakum Allahu Khair for the info, I knew that but was confused.....
anyways, I'll try it again, may Allah help me.

Inshaa'Allah coming up with a delicious BIRIANI recipe for all, first let me try, then to share... he he. the BIRIANI{fried Rice} is south-east Asian dish, nown as KACCHI BIRIANI, widely frr8 in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh....
hpe you gonna like it.....first let me gather and manage the recipe, coz its a traditional and authentic one.

Wa bi-llahi fee tawfeeki
wa alaikum assalam

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam Alaikum wa rahmatu-lla

finally i have gathered the recipe, Alhamdu li Allah. heres the authentic and exotic recipe of Biriani.

Hydrabaadi Biriani

Rice:
01. Basmati Rice
Meat:
02. lam/goat/sheep
Marinating ingredients:
03. onion paste
04. garlic paste
05. Papaya paste
06. turmeric powder, red chili powder
07. cinnamon stick, cardamom,
08. sour curd/yogurt
09. fried chopped onion
10. salt to taste, to use in the meat
11. herb mix: fresh coriander, mint, green chili{chopped together}
12. lime juice
13. peanut oil
Final ingredients:
14. pure ghee/butter
15. milk with saffron{an orange color mixture}-for the color and exotic flavor.

How to make:

01. Marinate the meat:
Keep the meat in a bowl and dress it with all marinating ingredients and keep that for 40-45minutes.
02. Preparing the rice:
Boil the basmati rice, but don’t cook, just boil it.
03. Final touch:
First keep the marinated meat at the bottom of the cooker and then put the rice over the meat, don’t mix.
Mix ghee/butter just at the over the rice.
Just pour the Milk-saffron mixture over the rice.

Cooking process:
You have to cook the whole dish in dump cooking.
You have to seal the cover of the dish with dough {wheat and water mixture} or anything. but cont use pressure-cooker, otherwise the rice will become soup.cook it for 40 min and then pour coal over the top of the cover, then again 30-40mins

Biriani is a special dish and you have cook it with authentic way to taste greater.
It will be better to cook in coal-fire, also putting the fired coal over the cover of the dish.

I haven’t tried it. Just having the recipe from my mom and grand-father{mom’s uncle, very old man, great chef not by profession, but home service…lolz}
A very authentic dish, you can also find the same process in India/Pakistan. It is widely maintained in Bangladesh also, but may be the origin is from the Mughal times and in Hydrabaad, India.

I couldn’t specify the amount of the ingredients, but anyone who have cooked biriani before can easily manage it..inshaa’Allah.

wa bi-llahi fee tawfeeki
fee amani-llah
wassalamu alaikum

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

:bismillah:

Thank you for sharing this recipe, brother.

~May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

Thanks so much,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

revert2007

Love Fishing

finally i have gathered the recipe, Alhamdu li Allah. heres the authentic and exotic recipe of Biriani.

Hydrabaadi Biriani

Rice:
01. Basmati Rice
Meat:
02. lam/goat/sheep
Marinating ingredients:
03. onion paste
04. garlic paste
05. Papaya paste
08. sour curd/yogurt
09. fried chopped onion
12. lime juice
13. peanut oil
Final ingredients:
14. pure ghee/butter

How to make:

01. Marinate the meat:
Keep the meat in a bowl and dress it with all marinating ingredients and keep that for 40-45minutes.
02. Preparing the rice:
03. Final touch:
First keep the marinated meat at the bottom of the cooker and then put the rice over the meat, don’t mix.

Cooking process:
You have to seal the cover of the dish with dough {wheat and water mixture} or anything. but cont use pressure-cooker, otherwise the rice will become soup.cook it for 40 min and then pour coal over the top of the cover, then again 30-40mins

Biriani is a special dish and you have cook it with authentic way to taste greater.
It will be better to cook in coal-fire, also putting the fired coal over the cover of the dish.

I haven’t tried it. Just having the recipe from my mom and grand-father{mom’s uncle, very old man, great chef not by profession, but home service…lolz}
A very authentic dish, you can also find the same process in India/Pakistan. It is widely maintained in Bangladesh also, but may be the origin is from the Mughal times and in Hydrabaad, India.

I couldn’t specify the amount of the ingredients, but anyone who have cooked biriani before can easily manage it..inshaa’Allah.

wa bi-llahi fee tawfeeki
fee amani-llah
wassalamu alaikum
Assalamualikum.

Papaya is a tropical fruit and it is very difficult to be found in Middle east.But subahana Allah last night a friend of mine gave me a huge amount of papayas and i will for sure try this recipe with this papaya..I also have remaining lamb in the freezer..Wow..am just gonna try it soon in sha Allah.Jazaka Allah khair for the recipe :)

Assalamualikum

revert2007

Love Fishing

Hydrabaadi Biriani

Rice:
01. Basmati Rice
Meat:
02. lam/goat/sheep
Marinating ingredients:
03. onion paste
04. garlic paste
05. Papaya paste
08. sour curd/yogurt
09. fried chopped onion
12. lime juice
13. peanut oil
Final ingredients:
14. pure ghee/butter

How to make:

01. Marinate the meat:
02. Preparing the rice:
03. Final touch:

Cooking process:

wa bi-llahi fee tawfeeki
fee amani-llah
wassalamu alaikum

Assalamualikum again.Just a few things I need to address here.Perhaps others might get a bit confuse.

For the rice.

Soak the rice in water for 10-20 mints.

Add some salt to the water where it will be used to boil the rice.(Taste for saltness.If it taste salty enough,then the rice will be perfect.

Only half cook the rice.For eaxmple if u use 1 cup of rice,You may use 1 cup of water or more as you can drain them later and do not close the lid and put the fire on high till the water is gone of you can press the rice and see for it's hardness.The harness should be in between cooked and raw.

Drain the rice put it aside.

Meat
If you are using meat /lamb,it is alway better to boil them firts but since this is marinating item you may need to cook the lamb for a longer time.When the meat begins to come tender yet it is not perfectly cooked,and when the water level comes to half,add the rice on top of it and even it and close with a tight lid.

Usualy people use a bread dough just like the chapati dough(check my recipe) to use it as the lid.

But if u are a beginner,you may use any round tray and take another pan and add water to it.Put the flame to slow.If you are not using heavy metal pan,then u need to put some kind of thin metal between the fire and your pan.When the water begins to boil,then u know your bryani is done :)
Do not open the lid till the bryani is done because we do not want the flavour to go out.If you are using dough,only take of the dough when you are serving.
Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Chicken and Oats Soup

Ingredients:
1/2 Tablespoon olive oil.
1 boneless,skinless chicken breast (finely chop).
Ground black pepper(to taste).
Ground cumin(to taste).
Salt (to taste).
1/3 cup yellow lentil.
5 Tablespoons oats.
4 cups water.
Fresh parsley or Coriander,chopped(for garnish).

Method:
1)Heat oil in pan ,add the chicken cook until lightly browned and almost cooked,season with salt,cumin and pepper.

2)Add lentil,oats and water ,bring to boil, simmer, covered about 20-25 minutes.

3)Serve with qulash cheese snails or try it with delicious cream cheese Fatayer, Sahan Fatayer, Sambosa bel joben, Safiha (lentils pizzas) ,or with Tasaly (crackers) .

*This soup taste so good with fresh Squeezed lemon or lime juice*

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum wa rahmatu-llahi wa barakatuhu to all of my fellow brothers and sister.

@Revert2007: Jazak Allah khair for the assitance....
head chef instructed the recipe and the assistant chef conduted the cooking.......he he...
I'm surely new and will be so...biriani is out of my reach to cook....lolz...its far away, lives in Amazon jungle.......
actually I like easy and quich recipe, like Hammus and soup, those one can make easily and may be you dont have to keep standing in fromt of stove for a longer time.....he he...I'm love to have delicios meals...whatever it takes{time/long service or assistance/many things to arrange}...but of course not to prepare....lolz

about papay: In Bangladesh....you can have it in 5-6 taka per piece or at most 10taka. 73 taka= 1USD....so i think you have got the amount we have alhamdu li Allah.....even just now, while I'm writing, I can just extend my gaze through the window and surely gonna see a papaya tree......
but Subhan Allah, that living in that region, you are still getting it...All praise due to Allah subhanahu wa ta'la.

again Jazak Allah khair for your explanation, I'm sure some one gonna try and you instruction going to help him/her.

@Abu Talib: Jazak Allah for the nice and easy recipe, that's what I can try, looks easy as pie. but I'll try it later..

Actually I'm not in a state to try any dish/ or try anything....I gotta go for surgery may be, if possible keep me in your duas...

jazak Allah khair
wassalamu alaikum
I love TTI

rayray

Kofta Balls

My friends and I tried to recreate that which we ate in a bistro the day I got my first traffic violation :D

Their Kofta ball has cheese inside and is swamped with tomato sauce. They serve it with pita bread. Mmm-mm!

Ingredients:

FOR THE KOFTA BALL

*garlic clove
*2.5cm/1in piece fresh ginger
*½ red pepper
*1 onion, roughly chopped
*2 fresh green chillies
*6 tbsp vegetable oil
*4 tsp garam masala (we used tikka)
*1 tsp ground turmeric
*4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (we didn't use)
*½ tsp salt
*about 1 kilo lean ground beef
*quickmelt cheese

FOR TOMATO GRAVY

*4 chopped tomatoes
*2 tbsp lightly browned onions
*1 tbsp vinegar
*1 tsp sugar
*1/2 finely chopped ginger
*6 pounded cloves of garlic
*A few finely chopped mint leaves
*1/2 tsp garam masala powder (again, we used tikka)
*1 finely chopped green chilli
*1 tbsp tomato ketchup

PITA BREAD
----store bought :D

Procedure:

KOFTA BALLS

*Place the garlic, ginger, red pepper, onion and chillies in blender and blend to a fine paste.

*Chop the cheese into a sugar cube size

*In a frying pan, heat two tablespoons of oil and fry the garam masala and turmeric for a few seconds.

*Add the paste and fry until soft.

*Remove from the heat and leave to cool.

*Once cool, place the paste in a bowl with the ground beef and mix well.

*Using your hands, shape the mixture into flat circles and put cheese at the center

*Form into the size of ping pong balls

*Heat the remaining oil in a large pan and add the beef balls.

*Fry for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.

*Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.

TOMATO GRAVY

*Put the chopped tomato into the frying pan used for the Kofta Balls

*Let it simmer for a while

*Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well

*Put cayenne pepper to taste

PITA BREAD

*Heat the Pita until it expands

FINAL STEP: Pour the tomato sauce over the Kofta balls, garnish with mint leaves and serve!

Even with all the substitutions we made, it still tasted great! :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Kofta.png
    Kofta.png
    348.6 KB · Views: 270
  • Kofta1.png
    Kofta1.png
    303.1 KB · Views: 264
  • Kofta2.png
    Kofta2.png
    575.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Kofta4.png
    Kofta4.png
    642.8 KB · Views: 268

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Kofta Balls

My friends and I tried to recreate that which we ate in a bistro the day I got my first traffic violation :D

Their Kofta ball has cheese inside and is swamped with tomato sauce. They serve it with pita bread. Mmm-mm!

Ingredients:

FOR THE KOFTA BALL

*garlic clove
*2.5cm/1in piece fresh ginger
*½ red pepper
*1 onion, roughly chopped
*2 fresh green chillies
*6 tbsp vegetable oil
*4 tsp garam masala (we used tikka)
*1 tsp ground turmeric
*4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (we didn't use)
*½ tsp salt
*about 1 kilo lean ground beef
*quickmelt cheese

FOR TOMATO GRAVY

*4 chopped tomatoes
*2 tbsp lightly browned onions
*1 tbsp vinegar
*1 tsp sugar
*1/2 finely chopped ginger
*6 pounded cloves of garlic
*A few finely chopped mint leaves
*1/2 tsp garam masala powder (again, we used tikka)
*1 finely chopped green chilli
*1 tbsp tomato ketchup

PITA BREAD
----store bought :D

Procedure:

KOFTA BALLS

*Place the garlic, ginger, red pepper, onion and chillies in blender and blend to a fine paste.

*Chop the cheese into a sugar cube size

*In a frying pan, heat two tablespoons of oil and fry the garam masala and turmeric for a few seconds.

*Add the paste and fry until soft.

*Remove from the heat and leave to cool.

*Once cool, place the paste in a bowl with the ground beef and mix well.

*Using your hands, shape the mixture into flat circles and put cheese at the center

*Form into the size of ping pong balls

*Heat the remaining oil in a large pan and add the beef balls.

*Fry for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.

*Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.

TOMATO GRAVY

*Put the chopped tomato into the frying pan used for the Kofta Balls

*Let it simmer for a while

*Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well

*Put cayenne pepper to taste

PITA BREAD

*Heat the Pita until it expands

FINAL STEP: Pour the tomato sauce over the Kofta balls, garnish with mint leaves and serve!

Even with all the substitutions we made, it still tasted great! :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow that's mouth watering. Is it a Turkish food? The preparation is awesome

arzafar

it's indian surely.
in pak we have kofta curry with potatoes.
but from the pictures they seem like kach-che keemay ka kabab.

rayray

revert2007;453903\ [CENTER said:
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS[/CENTER]

Ingredients:

• 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
  • 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
  • 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation:

Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.

Place in serving bowl, and create a shallow well in the center of the hummus.

Add a small amount (1-2 tablespoons) of olive oil in the well. Garnish with parsley (optional).

Serve immediately with fresh, warm or toasted pita bread, or cover and refrigerate. Variations

For a spicier hummus, add a sliced red chile or a dash of cayenne pepper. Storing Hummus

Hummus can be refrigerated for up to 3 days and can be kept in the freezer for up to one month. Add a little olive oil if it appears to be too dry.

p.s:If you do not have food processor,just use normal blender.

Assalam Walikum

Oh Lol! So that's why it tasted different!

Yesterday, my friend brought garbanzo beans, olive oil and pitted olives. She wanted to make hummus and she heard, that you only need to mash the garbanzos and add olive oil. And so that's basically what we did! We mashed the garbanzo and put olive oil .. we didn't even use the garbanzo liquid!.. haha

Seeing this now made me want to redo our "cook in" :p

PS. The mashed garbanzos with olive oil didn't taste bad. Especially Paired with the Kofta Balls we made:) We also ate that with pita and pitted olives :D