Question: faith.

Valerie

:salam2:

I have a question for everyone...

When you need a boost in your faith, for whatever reason (bad day, people giving you a hard time about your beliefs, etc), what do you do?

Have a nice day :)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum sister,

aaww, may Allaah make everything easy for you. ameen

it's really a thoughtful question....what I do is turn to Islam. Not the web but the actual Islam. Whether it's me uttering the words "there is no might nor power except with Allaah" or just listenning to Qur'an, or whatever. SubhanaAllaah, I find it conforting to always turn to Allaah for help and as a "shoulder to lean on to" I know He is listenning and He is there...So I try to remember that. alhamdulillaah
Also,....talking/writting about it helps, I express myself in writting. Keep a journal, just write and write, you'll feel alot better.

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
Assalamualaikum

Interesting! I listen/read the Quran, listen to lectures & try to force yourself to weep when performing salaah(you've got to admit, its hard to weep when your iman is low but it helps a great deal).

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
Salam alaykum

I search refuge in Allah by making dhikr usually if I can not read the Qur'an.
I read the Qur'an when I am at home, and I ponder on its meanings.
I try to learn more on that specific matter, I try to read authentic articles on that matter.
I try to speak with my brothers at home, without specifying that the problem is mine.
I try to BEAR IT WITH PATIENCE and hope that Allah will clean my sins.

Rmember this hadiths:
“Indeed amazing are the affairs of a believer! They are all for his benefit; If he is granted ease of living he is thankful; and this is best for him. And if he is afflicted with a hardship, he perseveres; and this is best for him.”

On the Day of Judgment, from amongst all those destined for Hell, a particular man, the richest man in the world, will be brought forth and cast into Hell for a moment. Then he will be taken out and will be asked, ‘O son of Adam, have you ever known the good things of life? Have you ever seen comfortable days?’ And he will reply, ‘By God, O Lord, never.’ Then from amongst all those destined for Paradise, one who has suffered the most in the world will be brought forth and will be allowed to enter Paradise for a moment. Then he will be taken out and asked, ‘O son of Adam, have you ever seen suffering? Have you ever experienced hardship in your life?’ He will reply, ‘By God, no, I have never suffered, I have never undergone hardship.’ (Hadith of Muslim, on the authority of Anas ibn Malik)

Whenever a believer is stricken with any hardship, or pain, or anxiety, or sorrow, or harm, or distress – even if it be a thorn has hurt him – Allah redeems thereby some of his failings. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

And I will end with this hadith:
"Purity is half of faith. alhamdu-lillah [Praise be to Allah] fills the scales, and subhana-Allah [How far is Allah from every imperfection] and alhamdu-lillah [Praise be to Allah] fill that which is between heaven and earth. Prayer is light; charity is a proof; patience is illumination; and the Quran is an argument for or against you. Everyone starts his day and is a vendor of his soul, either freeing it or bringing about its ruin." (related by Muslim)

And the ayah:
And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.) (AL Baqara 2: 155)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

As mentioned above by sister Amatullah and brother badtastebears, reading and contemplating on the meaning of Quranic verses.

Also, reading/listening to the seerah of the Prophet SallAllahu Alleihi Wa Sallam. Reading about the righteous companions (May Allah have mercy on them all) and their lives. It is hard to remain unmoved & be unaffected after reading about their hardships, their courage, wisdom and noble character.

Also, reading about great Islamic personalities and scholars, their commitment and service to the deen is something very positive and encouraging.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I take a deep breath and believe no matter what it is..this is a blessing. And I wait to see the blessings come true.

ximkoyra

:wasalam:
This will probably sound a little strange, but exercising and trying to have really good prayers will help me with focusing on what's important and usually give me the little "boost" that probably everyone needs from time to time.

These days, looking forward to Ramadan will do the trick for me.

a_stranger

I try to recall those beautiful moments when the spark of faith lightened my heart and remember the lessons i was taught which lifted my soul , pray with a heart , when i say AlhamduliAllah i look around counting the favours of my lord.Thinking about the life of my prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam and the hardship he encounterd and how was his patience.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

1. need to remember Allah is our Creator, Cherisher, Protector and Master.

2. need to remember that Paradise is a lovly place to live in.

3. need to remember that Allah will test us.

4. need to remember that Allah punishes us for our sins.

5. need to remember that there are many who are living in much bad conditions.

all glory and praises belongs to Allah alone.

I have a question for everyone...

When you need a boost in your faith, for whatever reason (bad day, people giving you a hard time about your beliefs, etc), what do you do?

Have a nice day :)

smile, say alhumdulillah (praise be to Allah)

it is a great honor and blessing that you know of Allah and his guidance. make prayer and have patience, because Allah states the Indeed He is with the patient believers who pray and have patience. see Albagara 2 : 153 ayah.

:wasalam:

abou elkacem

every muslim should take refuge in praying and reciting the Coran , that would strengthen his faith and also whenver he finds himself in a trouble so just he should raise his hands and ask allah for mercy and guidance or whatever he needs , "dhekr " or "doaa" , so he will feel calm in his heart .
(الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُمْ بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ أَلا بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ) (الرعد:28)
-[Those who believe,and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah : for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.]

salahdin

Dhikr of Allah is the most excellent act of Allah's servants and is stressed over a hundred times in the Holy Qur'an. It is the most praiseworthy work to earn Allah's pleasure, the most effective weapon to overcome the enemy, and the most deserving of deeds in reward. It is the flag of Islam, the polish of hearts, the essence of the science of faith, the immunization against hypocrisy, the head of worship, and the key of all success.There are no restrictions on the modality, frequency, or timing of dhikr whatsoever. The restrictions on modality pertain to certain specific obligatory acts which are not the issue here, such as Salat. The Shari`a is clear and everyone knows what they have to do. Indeed, the Prophet said that the People of Paradise will only regret one thing: not having made enough dhikr in the world! Are not those who are making up reasons to discourage others from making dhikr afraid of Allah in this tremendous matter?

Allah says in His holy Book: "O Believers, make abundant mention of ALLAH!" (33:41) And He mentions of His servants "Those who remember their Lord standing, and sitting, and lying on their sides" (3:191), in other words at all times of the day and night. He said (3:190-191): "The creation of heaven and earth and the changes of night and day are signs for people who have wisdom: -- consider who is described as having wisdom -- Those who remember (and recite and call) Allah standing up, sitting, and lying on their sides." `A'isha said, as narrated by Muslim, that the Prophet mentioned/remembered Allah at all times of the day and night.

The Prophet said: "If your hearts were always in the state that they are in during dhikr, the angels would come to see you to the point that they would greet you in the middle of the road." Muslim narrated it. Imam Nawawi in his Sharh sahih muslim commented on this hadith saying: "This kind of sight is shown to someone who persists in meditation (muraqaba), reflection (fikr), and anticipation (iqbal) of the next world."

Allah placed His remembrance above prayer in value by making prayer the means and remembrance the goal. He said:

"Lo! Worship guards one from lewdness and iniquity, but verily, remembrance of Allah is greater/more important." (29:45)

"He is successful who purifies himself, and remembers the name of his Lord, and so prays." (87:14-15)

"So establish prayer for My remembrance." (20:14)

Biographies of the Companions (Sahaabah) this will boost your faith .

here is an example you were a soldier if am not mistaken take look at this from the Biography of Umar bin al-Khattab (r.a)

The Woman Who Pined For Her Husband

In the wars that were conducted during the rule of Umar, the soldiers on the front remained absent for considerable periods. Umar introduced the reform that leave should be granted to every soldier after he had served on the front for four months. A story is recorded as to how this reform was brought about.

It is related that one night Umar went on his round in Madina as usual. It was the dead of night, and every where was quiet. From one of the houses in the street, Umar heard a lady lamenting. She said:

"The night is wearisome and keeps me sleepless;

For I have none to keep me company.

I fear Allah, Who keeps watch over our souls,

And would not take another companion,

But who could tell Umar,

That he should not be so cruel,

As to keep my husband away from me,

For such a long period."

Umar knocked at the door, and when the lady came to the door he said:

"I have heard, what you wanted to be conveyed to Umar.

How long has your husband been away."

The lady said, "About a year."

Umar said, "Rest assured your husband would come back to you shortly."

Umar consulted Hafsa as to the maximum period for which a man might remain separate from his wife. She suggested a period of four months. Umar accordingly issued orders to the effect that unless a man of the armed forces could take his wife with him, he should be allowed a spell of leave after every four months of active service on the front.

SUBHANALLAH this i 1400 years ago we muslim were are still at the fore front

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Read or listen to the Quran. quite a lot of the time sura hijr, dont know why though. May be because of the second ayah? huh, something to think about eh

sarahlou

I try to remember what my life was like before Islam and how I felt before I was a Muslim. I also think of the reasons why I became a Muslim. Alhamdulillah. I know how you feel. Some-days I am constantly getting flack for being a muslim whether it is patients, family members of my patients, co workers, family, or people at the grocery store. It sometimes feels like the whole world is attacking you . This is when I cling to Allah and his message. JazakAllah Kahir for starting this thread! It is a good reminder for me. :hijabi:

Irshaad.K

Parents duas do the trick in situations like this. I would make an extra effort in the khidmat of my parents in the hope that Allah (SWT) alleviates whatever problems I'm facing. It really works!