Capital Letters Disease

Umm3mar

Esteemed Brothers and sisters

Yes, I can agree that a complete post in all caps is a bit much.

As far as the slang issue.....we are Muslims, alhamdu'lillah, yet some responses I have read mentioning slang have almost been hurtful and mocking.

Yes, some people are quite accustomed to text messaging and take shortcuts.

On the other hand, some of our brothers and sisters may not be strong in spelling and resort to spelling phonetically. Rather than use proper grammer, some brothers and sisters may write precisely in the way they speak.

When I encounter a particularly difficult post to read, I sound out the words, and often the statement comes out in a Brittish accent, something similar to Bert the chimney sweep in Mary Poppins.

I realize this is a virtual conversation, and the person reading this message is on the other side of a computer screen, but for a moment, lets imagine we are all at a community gathering.

If one of your brothers or sisters addressed the group, would you then turn to your neighbor and say how annoying is their manner of speaking? Or, how irritating that the person can't speak proper English? Just something to think about.

I apologize for being longwinded.

Salamo Aleikom wa rahmatullah

ShaheedU

Extinct
Its not that big a deal, its just a load of old people going through a mid-life crisis or something, hoping once again they had the spirit of the youth.

Chill out kids.