Help Design TurnToIslam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

[imgleft]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v370/26/76/45712352811/n45712352811_1630659_8046.jpg[/imgleft]Hey brothers and sisters, hermanos y hermanas.

Help us with the design of Turntoislam. I am going to be making some changes soon, and time has come to also make a re-design. So, rather than just making it, its important also to have you involved too.

Deadline: Friday 20th August.

(the thread might stay open beyond that date, but the sooner u can send us ur ideas the better, inshaAllah)

You can help us by making a new logo, it can be any colour, or design you wish. But, remember the site colour scheme will be determined by the logo as well.. so this is keep this in mind please.

However, the Logo should be:

* unique
Scalable something we can use in different formats, i.e. on the website and also easily used on a leaflet or poster, newsletter etc
* TTI Uses the Letters TTI
* Rememerable

additional things that the logo may reflect, not 100% necessary, but cool are:

* showing the nature of our family atmosphere/community
* that we correct misconceptions
* (authenticity) that we love the Quran and Sunnah.

Some of those things can be reflected in the way the text is written.

When I ask think of a logo or a brand? You will automatically think of Nike, Adidas, McDonalds even. Their logos are simple and easily remembered. We need something similar with TTI.

Please do not use this current website design as an example, be free to express your ideas however you want.

Post your ideas here. You can upload your file as an attachment.

Its not necessary that you make your picture using computer. Perhaps you have ideas, but, you are not very good at graphic design, thats Okay. :) Just draw it by hand, and Scan it, or photograph it, and upload as an attachment. Everyone is welcome to participate, dont worry, it does not have to look "amazing", just have a go ! its fun, and its something we are doing so that we have a better way of communicating the message of Islam, to a wider audience.

and inshaAllah its a beginning of a new era for TTI too. We will go on to do a lot more things together. bi'iznillah.

Classic TTI logo (used at the start) :

I designed this when I first made TTI, :) it was kinda rushed, but I wanted keep it simple. I think its nice, can do with some re-working. Maybe you like it, maybe you dont! Whatever the case, feel free to change it around. Perhaps its better to just have TTI written underneath and the text turntoislam written in more legible writing to the side.

and ..

This is more of a banner, its not really a logo. A logo, is more like the thing u see to the left, the orange mosque. -Orange mosques, are cool ;)

Maybe your design is completely different, thats Okay.

But keep it simple, and also make it recognisable for our logo.

Here is another example of a design, i was thinking of the Islamic patterns. But, I dunno, its kinda common to see these kind of designs....

attachment.php

Squiggly Colour blobs... are just colour blobs.. dont ask!! but, i was just thinking what are nice pastel shaded colours!!

So, what best expresses TurntoIslam ? in a logo?? Have a go, inshaAllah.

(p.s please keep the replies limited to this topic, dont ask questions about any features for TTI or anything else, or when the website will be ready, this is just a topic about the logo and its design. )

Jazak Allahu khayr

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Attachments

• tti test 11.jpg
    tti test 11.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 366

Kakorot

Wa'alaykum assalaam.

Wow, that's a really good idea. InshaAllaah I'm in :')

There's no deadline right?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum Channa, I think 20th of August is an Okay deadline. Really we need something sooner though :)

arachan

:salam2:

so is it free of mind? well, I'm not so good bout it, but i'll see if i can help... :)

honestly, the colour of the website is unattractive... :(

it would be nicer if the colour is bright one... :D

mix the colours, then we'll find the nicest counterpoint... :D

for the logo, letters, brand, I have no idea so far... T.T

:wasalam:

AdamMuslim

Salam Alikom,
Sounds interesting and very exciting but the 20th of August is little short though:). At least for me since I am too busy right now.
Anyway, I'll keep this in mind and I'll try to come up with something original inchAllah.

By the way, I did this two years ago among my collection of the homemade TTI's avatar :) (it can not be used as a logo
though)
8zof2u.gif

Wassalam,

AdamMuslim

Salam Brother Mabsoot,

I couldn't go without giving it a shot :)
Ok here is my suggestion

112gcg2.gif

of course one could adjust the colors, the dimensions, etc.

Wassalam

Attachments

• TTI_Logo.gif
    TTI_Logo.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 59

AdamMuslim

A cleaner version

t9tgl1.gif

another option:

2sab0w1.gif

and a more symmetric one can be seen below :)

Attachments

• TTI_Logo_2.gif
    TTI_Logo_2.gif
    32.2 KB · Views: 55
  • TTI_Logo_3.gif
    TTI_Logo_3.gif
    28 KB · Views: 54

Shishani

Staff member
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullah.

These kind of pictures are really nice:

Attachments

• a_05253ade.jpg
    a_05253ade.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 9601_3 copy.jpg
    9601_3 copy.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 64
  • salaf_125.gif
    salaf_125.gif
    21 KB · Views: 59
  • bida_125.gif
    bida_125.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 65
  • a_cd775583.jpg
    a_cd775583.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 68
  • about_img.jpg
    about_img.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 55
  • banner_125ss.jpg
    banner_125ss.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 58
  • bkgrnd copy.jpg
    bkgrnd copy.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 59
  • mudjahid_125.jpg
    mudjahid_125.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 135
  • k_p_p_banner.jpg
    k_p_p_banner.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 66

Shishani

Staff member
and some more

Attachments

• black pen link.png
    black pen link.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 66
  • salaf_portal_125_125.jpg
    salaf_portal_125_125.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 62
  • salafi put'.jpg
    salafi put'.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 290_200_2.png
    290_200_2.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 64
  • bida_125.png
    bida_125.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 67
  • SalafRu background.png
    SalafRu background.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 58
  • salaf-forum.ru_logo.png
    salaf-forum.ru_logo.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 67
  • soliha_banner (2).png
    soliha_banner (2).png
    18.8 KB · Views: 62
  • k_islamu_banner.png
    k_islamu_banner.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 64
  • soliha_banner.png
    soliha_banner.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 56

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom sister AmatouAllah4lyf,

Of course the crescent have nothing to do with Islam from the Sunnah point of view. Indeed this symbol was brought by the Ottoman culture to Islam. Nonetheless there is no harm in my opinion to consider it as a symbol to ease things (directions, map reading, etc) for non-Muslim as well as Muslim without having any intrinsic religious value (just a convention!). Same thing as @, #, >,< etc etc.

And Allah knows best :).

Wassalam

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamou Alikom sister AmatouAllah4lyf,

Of course the crescent have nothing to do with Islam from the Sunnah point of view. Indeed this symbol was brought by the Ottoman culture to Islam. Nonetheless there is no harm in my opinion to consider it as a symbol to ease things (directions, map reading, etc) for non-Muslim as well as Muslim without having any intrinsic religious value (just a convention!). Same thing as @, #, >,< etc etc.

And Allah knows best :).

Wassalam

Akhi, I dont mean to start a debate....and I am in no way trying to drift from this topic at hand.....I ask for forgiveness if I come out like that with what I am about to say.
I dont really see how the crescent is used as a direction :confused: maybe I am missing something here, but I am of the opinion that it MIGHT actually mislead people into thinking that "It represents Islam"....we already know that it has done that. I used to think that way till I read that thread alhamdulillaah. IF I am wrong here, I ask Allaah to forgive me,
and indeed He subhanahu wata'ala knows BEST!

elysetexel

A cleaner version

t9tgl1.gif

another option:

2sab0w1.gif

and a more symmetric one can be seen below :)

Salaam aleikum,

I must say,I really like this one.
Indeed we need more color, but not to much because when people want to read things you need a more easy background. Not that people will see the background first instead of the posts:SMILY149:

good luck

ma al salama

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

The Candle calling people to light of Islaam (outstrected arms of the candle). Also i is for Islaam.

Please don't laugh at it :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• tti_small.bmp
    37.2 KB · Views: 270