US billionaires pledge 50% of their wealth to charity

arzafar

Thirty-eight US billionaires have pledged at least 50% of their wealth to charity through a campaign started by investor Warren Buffett and Microsoft founder Bill Gates.

They include New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, CNN founder Ted Turner and entertainment executive Barry Diller.

"The Giving Pledge" lists all the families and individuals who have committed to the project.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10870361

did the sun rise from the west?

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Alhamdulillah.

Thirty-eight US billionaires have pledged at least 50% of their wealth to charity through a campaign started by investor Warren Buffett and Microsoft founder Bill Gates.

They include New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, CNN founder Ted Turner and entertainment executive Barry Diller.

"The Giving Pledge" lists all the families and individuals who have committed to the project.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:
:salam2:

Some people has a golden heart!
This make the world a better place to stay!!

:ma:
Alhamdulillah.

Thank you for sharing this post brother.

~May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

If being wealthy brought *pure & eternal* happiness, these people wouldn't let it go so easily.

Verily the heart attains true peace in the remembrance of it's creator.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

From the link, The site says the pledge is a "moral commitment" not a "legal contract".

such pledges are easy also. However things done in reality counts.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum

I scrolled down that list looking for one name 'David Rockefeller' - sure enough, he is there.

This all goes back to their pockets one way or another. All that is happening in reality is they are splitting their wealth into organisations they own anyway, or will soon own.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman

And pigs will fly

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Assalamu'alaykum

I scrolled down that list looking for one name 'David Rockefeller' - sure enough, he is there.

This all goes back to their pockets one way or another. All that is happening in reality is they are splitting their wealth into organisations they own anyway, or will soon own.

Hmm Ever so critical.
j/k

*nods head*

:wasalam:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalamu'alaykum

Why can you not accept that some people are trying to be open hearted? If you cant post something nice, dont post. This is an attempt at a happy thread in a scary world.

Anyway, Mayor Bloomberg is a good guy, I knew he would be part of this. He also is one of the people trying to get the Masjid built on the 9/11 site.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Why can you not accept that some people are trying to be open hearted? If you cant post something nice, dont post. This is an attempt at a happy thread in a scary world.

Anyway, Mayor Bloomberg is a good guy, I knew he would be part of this. He also is one of the people trying to get the Masjid built on the 9/11 site.

:salam2: sister,

Well, she does have a point, sister. These men know how to fill their coffers even by doing charitable acts.

I read about how Microsoft donates to development of 3rd world countries. But in return, they make millions when these govts surprisingly chose to hand them lucrative contracts.

Also, I think the masjid site project is just exposing the Islamophobia present in the country among some politicians and journos. I dont really see who would go to pray there. The atmosphere there would be too tense and political.

kayleigh

So cynical. If it ends up helping people then who cares if it goes back into their pockets? Their motives are irrelevant to us. I'm not going to fall over myself praising them but if they really do donate it and it really does help people then that is obviously a good thing. There's nothing to complain about.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Let it be. One of my favorites was Michael Jackson..but everyone had to throw dirt on his money before they took it.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

They may donate it, they may not. Regardless, we won't know until yawm al-qiyaamah. Anyhow, as an Islamic forum, our news section should contain articles that are more relevant to the Muslim world. And I doubt any of these charitable causes will assist the suffering that America etc. put our brothers and sisters in the first place... Then again, it's just my 'doubt'.

Was-salaam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaaam walaikum,

The reason I dropped Michael Jackson's name was he helped Muslims.

We must acknowledge good. We have to exhibit the best of manners. And we need to look at ourselves.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Okay sister, apologies.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We need to build masjids. That is a good thing.

Ground zero has nothing to do with Muslims. Muslims had nothing to do with 9/11. Until we all understand that we are going to be making apologies for something we did not do.

We can simply donate a dollar today to any charity. It is the intention to please Allah that is the most important. And building a house of worship is a good thing to do.

arzafar

btw about that mosuqe at ground zero. i read somewhere that it is estimated to cost around 100 mil USD. I mean that's $100 000 000 on a mosque??? Are we trying to impress Allah with our money?

alf2

Islam is a way of life
btw about that mosuqe at ground zero. i read somewhere that it is estimated to cost around 100 mil USD. I mean that's $100 000 000 on a mosque??? Are we trying to impress Allah with our money?

That is terribly extravagant.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
@arzafar:
may be its a big big mosque which can help thousdans of muslims to pray..

u shud not and u CANT doubt over the intentions