Being Dipped

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

I came across this tremendously meaningful sahih hadith..and I could not help but share it with you brothers and sisters...

Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said that one amongst the denizens of Hell who had led a life of ease and riches amongst the people of the world will be dipped in Fire only once on the Day of Resurrection and then it would be said to him: O, son of Adam, did you find any comfort, did you happen to get any material blessing? He would say: By Allah, no, my Lord.

And then a person from amongst the persons of
the world be brought who had led the most miserable life (in
the world) and who is from amongst the denizens of Paradise. He will be dipped once in Paradise and it will be said to him. O, son of Adam, did you face, any hardship? Or had any distress fallen to your lot? And he would say: By Allah, no, my Lord, never did I face any hardship or experience any distress. [Sahih Muslim: Book 39, Hadith 6738]

Imagine the *impact* of that action..it did not say a person would "remain" in the domain earned to "check it out"..it did not say a person was "looking" at the domain earned to "see how it is"..it says the person is *dipped*..like you dip a cookie every so slightly in a glass of milk..you're catching a mere *glimpse* of that domain..

You might think this action is the pettiest of things in life when you do it with your favorite "cookie" and "glass of milk"..but imagine the power of that action on the Day of Judgment..where the dip you're dipped with will make you forget the world and *all* that you experienced in it..whether it be *good* or *bad*..

It goes to show..that we sometimes forget that all we have in *this world* is *temporary* and the only *lasting* state of being (regardless of whether or not it's that of reward or torment) are those we will witness on the Day of Judgment and thereon after!..

May Allah make us amongst those who forget their miseries in the dunya..upon viewing the rapture of earning Jannah..ameen..ameen..ameen

:wasalam: