Proud Revert

I'mHomeAtLast

Salamu alaykum, brothers and sisters.
I'm a new muslimah. I said my shahada 9 months ago. I'm not ashamed to share with you that I am struggling...especially now during Ramadan.
I am so proud and relieved to be home in Islam. I am doing my best to pray correctly. My language is English, not Arabic.
My main struggle is praying correctly and understanding what is being said. My goal, of course, is to be able to recite the prayers correctly and ultimately in Arabic.
Right now at the masjid, I follow along and pray what I know, which is, honestly, very lacking.
I was wondering if anyone knows of the existance of something that I can listen to, repeat (slowly) and practice over and over until I get it.
I am so grateful for any help or guidance on this subject. I am anxious and a little panicked about not improving my prayers. I know I can do better and I want to do better.
Thank you all in advance
I feel so sad duirng Ramadan. I am all by myself. I have no family. And I watch others enjoying the company of their families and friends. I should not feel sorry for myself, I know. I don't know how to enjoy this time. I am profoundly lonely during Ramadan. Thank you for listening.
Sister Susan

Amina 1

Walalikum Salam :hearts:

Hi sis I am so happy for you:hearts::hearts: This is your first Ramadan May Allah bless you and except all your prayers and bring you joy in this life and in the next:tti_sister::tti_sister::hearts::hearts: It is hard to be alone, But You have Allah (s.w.t.)and we here at TTI can be your family and friends.:D:D There are alot of good articles on this website if you search around I am sure you will find something that will benefit you in you quest to become closer to Allah (s.w.t.)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Salam Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak

I'm a new muslimah. I said my shahada 9 months ago. I'm not ashamed to share with you that I am struggling...especially now during Ramadan.
I am so proud and relieved to be home in Islam. I am doing my best to pray correctly. My language is English, not Arabic.
My main struggle is praying correctly and understanding what is being said. My goal, of course, is to be able to recite the prayers correctly and ultimately in Arabic.
Right now at the masjid, I follow along and pray what I know, which is, honestly, very lacking.
I was wondering if anyone knows of the existance of something that I can listen to, repeat (slowly) and practice over and over until I get it.
I am so grateful for any help or guidance on this subject. I am anxious and a little panicked about not improving my prayers. I know I can do better and I want to do better.
Thank you all in advance
I feel so sad duirng Ramadan. I am all by myself. I have no family. And I watch others enjoying the company of their families and friends. I should not feel sorry for myself, I know. I don't know how to enjoy this time. I am profoundly lonely during Ramadan. Thank you for listening.
Sister Susan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:
:salam2:

:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

If you have trouble memorising the surah i suggest you record it urself on easy surah and listen to it repeatedly.
Practise make perfect!
Insya allah!You will find it ez!

May Allah swt guide and help you sister.
If you feel alone surf to TTI then you are with your family!
And don't worry Allah swt is always with us.

Salam Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak my dear sister.

And

Salam Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak to all my family in Islam.

Take Care!
Thank you,

~Wassalam :)

fcey

To learn to recite prayers

Asalamu Alaikum Sister,

Please visit the following website Quranicsciences.com where you will be able to learn how to pray and also the suras word by word. You will also be able to learn to read the Quran.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Let me welcome you to TTI. And I am proud of you. You can PM me at any time about anything. ( I am the older sister, mommy at TTI).

You are lucky there is a masjid for you. Have you contacted the imam and asked him for the name/number of a sister who can help you.

Many times we, sisters, wait to be asked to help. We do not wish to be seen as pushy. Why not ask a sister or two to help you.

Do not panic. We all are striving to do better. It comes with the faith.

Please be the wheel that needs to be oiled. Alert others and they will help you at your masjid.

Please do not be sad..you are a member of a family of a billion strong.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Wa Alaikom Assalam

Welcome home sister :hearts: I'm happy that you converted to Islam .
May Allah help you & support you
You're not supposed to be perfect , you only have to do what you can do .
If you need any help with learning Arabic & Qur'an , just tell me please .

Peace be onto you dear ..

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatulalhi wa baraktuhu...

Glad to have you with us dear sister.Welcome to the TTI family.hope yu benefit from your stay with us.ask any Questions you may have inshallah.

Don't feel sad or lonely sister it's time to be happy.it's ramadhan.where do you live sister??there may be some muslims around you inshallah.

sister don't burden yourself take one step at a time inshallah all will go your way:)
Happy ramadhan!!:SMILY288:

mrahim

Thank you all in advance
Sister Susan

ALHAMDULILLAH sister Susan for embracing ISLAM the only religion approved by GOD, do not worry so much about the language since GOD knows and the owner of all languages, the very least u can recite and understand the opening sura i.e AL FATIHAH.

READ THE QURAN to understand the message not to memorize it, you are not alone you have bros and sis all over the world, this is a test of your faith and TRUST GOD he will show you the exit sooner or later. Keep on reading and study the QURAN and grasp as much as possible and you will be a stronger MUSLIM and righteous one too.

I am not ARAB and it is not my mother tongue but i believe GOD understand and accept any language as long as we are sincere towards HIM. I read the QURAN in english and ALHAMDULILLAH i can understand it much much better and thats is important, the message inside is vital for our salvation and understanding what ISLAM is all about. ISLAM is not for any race, custom or culture but it is for the universe to help mankind to be able to reach the kingdom of GOD and heaven.

i was born MUSLIM but i only understand ISLAM after reading the QURAN in english and digest the message inside it not just by hearsay and ancestral. Now i am so happy becoming a MUSLIM and apprciate GOD for that and saving me from being astray and not knowing what kind of ISLAM i am.

ISLAM is not a new religion, ISLAM has been the religion of all the prophets and the QURAN is the consummation of all scriptures and the duty of all messengers and prophets is to deliver the messages.

QURAN is in ARAN because the last prophet was ARAB for him to understand and preach the messages. If he was a JEWISH the QURAN surely will be in HEBREW. Since that is not our mother tongue read and understand the QURAN in the language you can understand. GOD ask us to use our intelligent do not become like others that do not use the intelligent given by GOD.

Trust me you will be stronger in faith and understanding once you read to understand the scriptures.

QURAN is a complete book and fully detailed with no contradictions, man made has a lot of contradictions and it is protected by GOD until the last day.

can email me if you are not sure, INSYA ALLAH i will assist you about this religion of GOD.

[email protected]

TQ AND GOD BLESS

ashalina

Iam a revert of 5 months and i understand what you are saying i use kids prayer books that broke everything down and looked around for a slow recitation. I understand the feeling of being lonely. I was talking to my friend about it and she said I'am not loney as Allah (SWT) is always with me which made me feel better it is also a good idea to spend time with muslim sisters during this time. Ask Allah (SWT) for strengh it works for me.
I hope you enjoy Ramadan Inshallah :)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

Assalam-o-laikum Sister Susan and sister ashalina,

Welcome to the religion of Islam and to TTI.

Your tests will come when you will meet your parents and your siblings and friends. Remain steadfast and Inshaallah you will succeed.

As far as your difficulty in reading Quran is concerned, here is a Hadith:

"Hadhrat 'Aishah (Radhiyallaho anha) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) once said. "One who is well versed in the Quran will be in the company of those angels who are scribes, noble and righteous; and one who falters in reading the Quran, and has to exert hard for learning, gets double the reward."
(Bukhari,Muslim, Abu Daud, Tirmidzi, Nasa’i, Ibn Majah)

So don't worry sister, you are getting double the rewards as you are struggling.

It is always better if somehow you could get a company of some Muslima sisters, specially in Ramadan.

Nice to see your post sister. Wassalam.

:wasalam:

I'mHomeAtLast

Mashallah!! My heartfelt thanks to all of you for reaching out to me. I feel so much better and not alone anymore. I am so grateful for all of your advice, suggestions, etc.
I want you, brothers and sisters, to be proud of this new muslimah. And of course I'll do my best to make Allah proud also. And thanks to your help and encouragement, I will succeed, inshallah.
Much love to all

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum wa rahmatu-llahi wa barakatuhu

Ahlan wa sahlan ya ukhti. welcome sister.
Subhan Allah. Allah subhanahu wa ta'la guides whom He wants. Hidayah is something that is kept in His hand and whom ever He wants, He gives it to him/her. mashaa'Allah you r so lucky that Allah subhanahu wa ta'la has chosen you.

Ramadan Mubarak....and may Allah ta'la help you to overcome your strugglings inshaa'Allah.

who said you are alone? Islam is so big family, the one and only family valid in the face of the earth. In Islam u'll have so many brothers and sisters. here in TTI you'll have a lots of pious sisters inshaa'Allah to help you all the time. and dont feel lonely or dipressed, Allah and His angels are always with you for your protection. what else one need, when Allah is with him/her.

JazakAllahu khair ya ukhti
barakAllahu feekum
wassalamu alaikum

PS: http://www.turntoislam.com/index.php?page=pray