Hijab

ashalina

Salam Alaikum
I'am 18 years old and I reverted to Islam 5 months ago. I was wondering if anyone can give me any tips on starting to wear the hijab,:hijabi: I have already dress modistly and i know I'am ready i just want to know how people went about it. As it is a really scary step to take.

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
Wa alaikoum el salam dear sister,

first of all, I want to congratulate you on becoming a muslim. Masha Allah, that itself is a big step. I'm really proud of you, you're considering wearing the hijab, so I assume you have no trouble in wearing it where you live?
If you want to wear the hijab then nothing can stop you, Allah is with you more than anyone else. But since you're a new muslim I think it's important for you to learn more about Islam. If you're 100% sure that you want to wear hijab, then I support you all the way. But if you're unsure then don't pressure yourself right away, and take your time in learning about Islam, ask all the questions you wonder about, just don't wait a lifetime before wearing the hijab.

I hope I haven't confused you with this, if my opinion is wrong I hope my brothers and sisters will correct me.

Once again sister welcome to Islam:)

Miss Aaliyah

Wa alaykom salam,

MashaAllah. I have one tip which kept me strong when choosing to wear the hijab, even though my parents hated the hijab (they are Christians) and also in the adversities I've met in the society, that whenever you are outdoors keep this in your mind: You're having the hijab for the sake of Allah s.w.t. and no matter what people say or do you will stay strong because you're doing the right thing. Secondly: don't look at people's faces to see if they are looking at you, talking about you, pointing at you or anything (most of the time it's only in your head that people stare). Because in this way you won't see and you will always feel good inshaAllah.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum wa rahmatu-llah

Masha'Allah, alhamdu li Allah.

Subhan Allah, Allah azza wa jal guides whom He wants only.
may Allah subhanahu wa ta'la help you to observe Allah's command, inshaa'Allah

JazakAllahu khair
wassalamu alaikum wa rahmatu-llah

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

mashallah sister.this is very nice of you to consider:)ramadhan getting to you huh:)???very nice congratulations..

sister i just got to say be strong and hope for the best inshallah you'll be treated in the best manner.ALLAH likes his slaves to have good hopes from HIM.take the bold step things will be fine inshallah.one of my sister(also a revert)here started wearing it recently and things went smoooth for her:)so have a go at it.

may ALLAH sobhanuhu wa taa'la help you and us all.ameen

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Mashallah sis, that you accepted Islam. You remind me of myself a bit, and I'm sure all the sisters will agree, that wearing it for the first time was really really difficult. But my piece of advice is: just go for it. Because you'll always think in your mind, 'I'll wear it tomorrow, or I'll wear it next month.' But then you just keep pushing the date away. Finally, stand in front of the mirror and wear it. Then go. Take one day at a time. Just think to yourself that you'll wear it for this outing. The first time you'll feel so self concious, and feel that people are staring. Ignore them. Maybe they're just curious. People might even say something strange to you, but you'll just have to remember Who you're wearing it for, and why. Inshallah, on the next outing, wear hijab for the next outing. And slowly slowly you'll get the hang of it.

I wish you all the best, and pray its easy for you :)

ashalina

Thank you for all your comments :) They have helped me alot and think i will start wearing it slowly Inshallah like when I'am going out with my Muslim sisters so i can get used to it. Thank you for all the support it feels great having to much support.

And i live in the UK so there are alot of people wearing hijabs Mashallah :)
Ramadan has really helped me think about alot things its great :)