Hello from Frederick, MD

JenGiove

Hello and peace to you all. As requested, I would like to formally introduce myself. My name is Jennifer and I am Native American. I came here because of a friend. Neither of us is Muslim but I love to learn and understand.

I have been reading a lot online about Islam and slowly learning Arabic. I wanted to download the Qur'an but that required that I gain a membership here. I have listened to the recitations on youtube, my favorite being the one read from the Mosque in Kuwait. Because I have listened so often, I am starting to be able to individualize single words. A blessing from Allah I'm sure.

While personally, I may not agree with some things about Islam, I am finding the Qur'an to make far more sense than the bible. Its logical and since the Qur'an is not translated into 5 different variations like the bible, it's words have not been changed by man.

I humbly thank you all for allowing my ignorance.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
wa alaikum assalam (may peace be with you too)

Welcome to TTI
it is good to hear from you about Islam.may Allah subhanahu wa ta'la guide you to the starigh path.

for you I can do a little:

http://www.allahsquran.com/free/
you can have the Quran with translation, that hard copy.

you can also download:
http://www.islamtomorrow.com/downloads/index.asp

you can also listen and read:

www.tanzil.info

indeed what you have said about the purity of Quran true and will remain so. coz Allah subhanahu wa ta'la said:
"Quran is mine and I have taken the responsibility of its preservation"... as Allah has promised.how beautiful. subhan Allah

you can contact the moderators brother Babsoot, and others. they can help you more with these..inshaa' Allah. or you can contact anyone here for assistance. as you are a female, try to contact female members. they are very helpful alhamduli Allah

be nice
jazakum Allahu Khair

wassalamu alaikum

neox297

Salam Sister Jennifer,

I'm new here as well. I hope you have the same great experience I have had here thus far.

Two sections i reccomend are

PDFs: For Non Muslims to discover islam
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66936

and for online translation , also spoken verbally to you in both arabic and english:
http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/default.aspx

That website is baller! lol (Alhumdulilah)

ANYHOW, how is life in Frederick, MD? I dont think I am familiar with that city

Enjoy!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Hello Jenifer,

As a moderator I'd like to welcome you to these forums. The Qur'ân is truly amazing and unique, not just in its recital, melody and originality (that it has been preserved in its exact form for over 1400 years), but in terms of its meaning too, as it contains a universal message to mankind.

I can understand that there are aspects that you may not agree with. However, a reflection and insight into such matters should give you a much better picture of these particular issues...

We hope you enjoy and profit from you time here on TTI. We are glad to provide any assistance and to answer your questions.

Thank you.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Hey sister,

Welcome to this wnderful Forum, Jennifer:D

The Holy Qur'an indeed is a blessing from the One above, to Us.
You'll learn more about this Amazing religion as well, so stick around sis.
I pray that Allah guides you and protect you.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Hi there Jennifer:D

Welcome to TTI family....I hope you enjoy your stay here.

If you have questions, dont hesitate to ask, God willing, we'll be able to answer your questions with evidence. Read the Qur'an with open mind, I can assure you those disagreement you have will be cleared as you understand the deeper meaning to them and the wisdom behind them. Whatever they might be I ask of Allaah to help you understand and gain the knowledge you're seeking. amen

See you around sister in humanity,

I WELCOME YOU AGAIN :D:D:D

JenGiove

Friends,

Thank you for such a warm and gentle welcome. As I am not Muslim, I'm not sure if the address of "Brother and Sister" would be correct for me. I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness and that is the address used within those circles, but not with people who were not part of the congregation. I do not know if the same applies in this case since I come only to gain a better understanding of the thoughts, feelings, traditions and belief systems of my fellow humans. It is my thought that to use a greeting that might be reserved for Believers alone would be a lie, something that I abhor. I am married so to use "Mrs. Giove" or "Ms. Jennifer" would be respectful, the former being a formal address while the latter is warmer and more casual, often times used by small children when addressing a teacher. If my perceptions are incorrect and "Brother" and "Sister" are not going to mislead others into thinking that I am something I am not, then you have my apologies.

Revert, I have a feeling I am going to enjoy your companionship! I too am a Mother. I am a mother to a child who died in the womb at 7 months from a chromosomal disorder and a bouncing baby 2 year old...who helps me learn how to count to 10 and take deep breaths! lol! I can not wait to have a few minutes to check out all the Qur'an links.

I do have a request. I know some words when written in Arabic: Allah, Qur'an, Alhahumdulila (I know, it's not spelt correctly...but I can say it!), Salam (and its variants)...but subhanahu wa ta'la....I don't know that one. Would you be kind enough to define them in your writtings to me, so that I may learn and understand, Inshallah?

My deep respects...

revert2007

Love Fishing
Friends,

Thank you for such a warm and gentle welcome. As I am not Muslim, I'm not sure if the address of "Brother and Sister" would be correct for me. I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness and that is the address used within those circles, but not with people who were not part of the congregation. I do not know if the same applies in this case since I come only to gain a better understanding of the thoughts, feelings, traditions and belief systems of my fellow humans. It is my thought that to use a greeting that might be reserved for Believers alone would be a lie, something that I abhor. I am married so to use "Mrs. Giove" or "Ms. Jennifer" would be respectful, the former being a formal address while the latter is warmer and more casual, often times used by small children when addressing a teacher. If my perceptions are incorrect and "Brother" and "Sister" are not going to mislead others into thinking that I am something I am not, then you have my apologies.

Revert, I have a feeling I am going to enjoy your companionship! I too am a Mother. I am a mother to a child who died in the womb at 7 months from a chromosomal disorder and a bouncing baby 2 year old...who helps me learn how to count to 10 and take deep breaths! lol! I can not wait to have a few minutes to check out all the Qur'an links.

I do have a request. I know some words when written in Arabic: Allah, Qur'an, Alhahumdulila (I know, it's not spelt correctly...but I can say it!), Salam (and its variants)...but subhanahu wa ta'la....I don't know that one. Would you be kind enough to define them in your writtings to me, so that I may learn and understand, Inshallah?

My deep respects...

Assalamualikum to Muslim brothers and sisters and Hello to Ms.Jennifer.

I do not like to be formal :).So please allow me to address you as Ms.Jennifer in sha Allah.

I shall answer your questions via PM.I am a bit shy to write in public :shymuslima1:

Welcome once again and enjoy your stay.In sha Allah we can learn something from each other. :)

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I just wanted to extend a warm welcome to TTI. ( I am the West Virginian at TTI). Can you believe that. Mountain Mama at TTI.

As you were raised a JW the language of Islam will be easy for you to understand.

Welcome and enjoy.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Hey Jennifer! Welcome, marhaba!

Hopefully we can give you some insight....There are not only born Muslims on this site, but plenty of converts as well. Such as me, kayleigh, Valerie, Sakeena...just to name a few :)

I would like to recommend some other reading if you're up for it...

* Pre-Islam Arabia
* The life of Prophet Muhammad
* How he Islam spread & effected Arabia.

I'll be happy to give you some titles as well :3

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Hi and peace Ms.jennifer:)!!

welcome to the TTI family.we are pleased to have you here.hope you enjoy your stay and benefit from us inshallah.and that you find peace in islam....

we got many loving reverts sisters here incase you want to share stuff with them.sakeena,valerie,alf2,lil khadeeja,rayray,kayleigh,sister revert2007 and sister shy hijaabi.

for information on islam i'd say you contact sister revert2007,she's the best around mashallah,and sister shyhijaabi,one perfect sister to contact inshallah:)..and sister samiha is one of the greatest options if one manages to catch her free:).

you mentioned you like listening to some recitations.i want to share this one.it's one of my favourites:)...So peaceful:)

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62282.

may ALLAH help you in your search for the truth.

JenGiove

Hey Jennifer! Welcome, marhaba!

I would like to recommend some other reading if you're up for it...

* Pre-Islam Arabia
* The life of Prophet Muhammad
* How he Islam spread & effected Arabia.

Alf,

Thank you deeply for these recommendations. Just what I've been curious about. I know some basics about Muhammad, peace be upon him, and his traveling to the cave where he received the Qur'an from Allah (SWT). I also know that he was asked to travel to Medina where he ruled as king for the rest of his days (yes, I've read a little). I have always thought that in order to understand a people's faith, you need to understand their history as well. They are intermingled. I can not wait to start reading these. Thank you.

JenGiove

Aapa,

Indeed, I do understand alot of the wording and find the concepts easy to grasp. I currently am Native American and follow that path but my family religious history is diverse. I have connections and understandings from most of the world's major religions. Jewhovah's Witnesses, Buddihst, Catholic, Jewish....a walking religious encyclopedia.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

Hello and peace to you all. As requested, I would like to formally introduce myself. My name is Jennifer and I am Native American. I came here because of a friend. Neither of us is Muslim but I love to learn and understand.

I have been reading a lot online about Islam and slowly learning Arabic. I wanted to download the Qur'an but that required that I gain a membership here. I have listened to the recitations on youtube, my favorite being the one read from the Mosque in Kuwait. Because I have listened so often, I am starting to be able to individualize single words. A blessing from Allah I'm sure.

While personally, I may not agree with some things about Islam, I am finding the Qur'an to make far more sense than the bible. Its logical and since the Qur'an is not translated into 5 different variations like the bible, it's words have not been changed by man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:salam2: to my Family in Islam :)

Greeting to dear Jennifer ,

Hi!

Welcome to this beautiful site:ma:

The holy qur'an kalamullah(the word of Allah swt) language is Arabic.
Nevertheless The Holy qur'an do has translation
into many different languages
too my friend
they are listed as below:

1 Acehnese
2 Afrikaans
3 Albanian
4 Andalusian
5 Balochi
6 Bangla
7 Bosnian
8 Bulgarian
9 Chinese
10 Danish
11 Dutch
12 English
13 Esperanto
14 Estonian
15 French
16 German
17 Hindi
18 Hebrew
19 Hungarian
20 Indonesian
21 Italian
22 Japanese
23 Kannada
24 Khowar/Chitrali
25 Latin
26 Macedonian
27 Malay
28 Malayalam
29 Mande
30 Pashto
31 Persian
32 Polish
33 Romani
34 Russian
35 Sindhi
36 Spanish
37 Swedish
38 Swahili
39 Tatar
40 Turkish
41 Urdu

:ma:

these are all that i know of if there anymore pls excuse me for not listing them here.

Nice to have you here my friend.

~See ya :)

Take Care!
Thank you!

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:To TTI:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:
:SMILY84::SMILY84::SMILY84::SMILY84::SMILY84::SMILY84:

Amazingly cool website:ma:

TipuSultan

Banned

hello and welcome to the forum.
brothers and sisters here will help you if you need any information.
and Allah himself says there is no compulsion in religion.
you are free to ask anything about Islam u want.