Ramadan: beyond the physical

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am very impressed with the effort many members have put into the Ramadan collection of threads. They have been very informative. Yes, I have read everyone of the threads.

I wish someone could compile the threads into one file and be ready for next year.

We have the basics of fasting down pact. Now, it is time to discuss the transformation that takes place when we fast.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Taqwa (piety). Is that the outcome of the blessing of fasting? How does a believer walk on the path of piety during Ramadan.

I know the look of piety. It is a look of beauty. What are the degrees of piety.

What is the title of Dr. Ahmad Sakr's book.

TipuSultan

Banned
:salam2:
khutba was nice today,not very excellent but good.
the imam told that in Ramzan Allah sent Quran and all other books previously.
so we fast in Ramzan.
he also told the money we have does not really belong to us but we r a manager over it and so we must spend it wisely and give it in way of Allah.
and few other good things

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu alaikum

I was listening to a lecture on the ayaats concerning fasts and the lecturer said two things which I think are worth mentioning. He said, the spritual outcome of fasting is that an urge to seek closeness to Allah begins within or to draw close to Him and the outward or physical outcome of fasting is that one makes extra effort in seeking halal ways of earning and to be very careful about his earnings and its uses. He quoted this ayah in support of his view and said that we should ponder why this ayah is there after the ahkaam of fasting,

And eat up not one another's property unjustly (in any illegal way e.g. stealing, robbing, deceiving, etc.), nor give bribery to the rulers (judges before presenting your cases) that you may knowingly eat up a part of the property of others sinfully (188)

elysetexel

This is my first ramahdan and I am really surprised about the strength I feel. Not that Iam surprised about Allah, but more that it almost feels like the feeling of hunger and thirst are on the background. Iam not sure how to explane.
But I feel so much rest in myself and I pray more deeply. offcourse I have my weak moments but with Allah's help Iam getting through.

And sister Aapa you are right about all the lovely treaths about Ramahdan, really helpfull.

Ramahdan mubarak

ma al salama,

Elyse

mabera

Assalaamu alaikum

Allah is All knower. The most precious,valuable,expensive,dear,loved ... thing is TAQWAH and that's what good fasting brings about, when you critically look at this verse
49:13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you(that's TAQWA). And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).
you will come to understand TAQWAH is better than anything you may think of.
With that there are some benefits attached to fasting and these benefit varies from one field to another eg a physician can say his own base on his profession, a psychologist ...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I was very touched by this:

I don't know if there are degrees of piety, but I particularly like one definition of it, by Ali ibn Abi-Taalib, may God have been pleased with him,

التقوى هي الخوف من الجليل والعمل بالتنزيل والرضا بالقليل والاستعداد ليوم الرحيل
Translation: Piety is fear of the Majestic One, complying with the Revelation, contentment with little, and preparing for the day of departure.

fear
heeding
contentment
preparation

And these are the reasons we fast.

I can only write oh joy joy.

I have been blessed with so much this Ramadan. And I will write this so much of my blessings are due to TTI and its members. When I ask you to make dua I know you do it. I know you do. The blessings have poured upon me.

Insha'Allah, I am prepared to embark on my journey after Eid. ( of course I need your dua, as usual )

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Another non-physical benefit of Ramadhaan! If we do reach the plateu of Taqwa as Ramadhaan promises, we stand a good chance of acquiring knowledge as a bonus ;) Two for the price of one.

That is one of the reason why this is the true religion. but may I add fasting also is good for health. As you can cut down on calories, but most importantly that abstaining from food and water till sunset lets our body filter stuff like fat out. Just like how prayer helps you excerise as all the movement works every part of the muscle. And yes brother its a 2 for 1 deal. Yes Islam gives knowledge which is awesome.

Ramzan Mubarak brothers and sisters :)