catholic girl scared to convert.

Irish Amy

hello to all ,

I am an irish catholic girl living in ireland in which 99% of the population are catholic christians. I moved to london and i was first introduced to Islam. I could not believe how i fell in love with the religion , i can even say i felf as though Allah was calling me, I stared to read the koran and even wearing the scarf. I moved back home and began , slowly, to confide in my parents but they thought i was crazy . i begged them to listen but even now they wont. i dont know what to do , i know it says it the holy book u should not let ur parents get in the way of islam but this is so difficult as i am only 19 and i am most certain my family will disown me....... i feel so trapped because I know Allah is calling me .

Amy

arzafar

contact your local islamic center for support. there must be muslims in ireland, in fact i know there are.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Hello.

I went through this same path 3 years a go.Alhamdulilah at that time,I did nt think about my family.It did not cross my mind at all.If you want to be guided, in sha Allah you will be guided.

It is all about strength.You need to evercome all kind of thoghts and fear.

Fear Allah alone.None can help us on the Day of Judgement except Allah alone.

May Allah guide you to the truth soon in sha Allah.ameen.

004.135​
O ye who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to God, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin,and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for God can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily God is well acquainted with all that ye do.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Sister,

Welcome to the forum. I can't help you here with much but I am sure there will be a lot of good advices soon. I just wanted to say hello and welcome you.

Sister, as you already have mentioned that you know Allah has told us in the Quran that if your parents strive with you to make you join in worship with Allah others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not but at the same time he also ordered that do not let that stop you from behaving with them in the world kindly, i.e. treating them with respect.

I think what you should do is pray to Allah to help you out in this situation as He alone can lead a way out of your trial. Have firm belief in Him and be strong. InshaAllah things will soon be fine :)

Take care and keep writing :SMILY139:

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum wa rahmatu-llah

subhan Allah, mashaa'Allah.
Allah guides whom He wants. as you said you beleive in Allah, have faith in Allah, have patience, Allah is indeed with one, eho have patience. Until your parents force you to do some Shirk stuff you are not allowed to disobey them , even then you are not allowed to leave the house or let them feel bad of you. try to convince them, sometimes a warm hug can change the situation. I think you have probably passed this statges. if the result is the same, go ahead and seek help of the Muslim community in Ireland.

Inshaa'Allah khair sister. you have got Allah beside you, what else do you need? just stick, He is surely gonna help you. Allah will never unjust to anyone.

JazakAllahu khair
wassalam

elysetexel

Salaam aleikum

welcome on the site.
It's hard when the people around you don't understand. But with the love of Allah you will succede. Sometimes it hurts because you will hear lies about Islam from your loved ones. But remember, they are just worried and if they see that you are serious about your choise they'll understand you better.

ma al salama,

Elyse

TipuSultan

Banned
:salam2:
r u in northern ireland or proper ireland.in uk there are many muslims, uk muslims must sure know about islamic centres in ireland.

may Allah help u sister

mabera

Assalaamu alaikum

Praise be to Allah, as you make this decision you're already a muslimah ( some one who totally submit herself to Allah). though there are lots of challenges with I hope, pray and know that He Allah that you submit yourself to will see you through.
So congrat in advance May Almighty Allah ease your trial form you

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatulllahi wa barakatuhu...

Alhumdulillah that you are guided to the right path sister.becoming a muslim means becoming strong:)coz we fear only ONE and establish our lives according to it compared to the world who have many fears.Mashallah you are strong slave of ALLAH.ask for HIS help and guidance:)!duas always helps.ALWAYS!!

and WELCOME to TTI

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Hello sister !
Welcome to you among your TTI family :hearts:
Hopefully to say welcome to Islam soon :)
I hope you have nice time here .
About your family , you can convert to Islam without telling them . Or if you wanna announce it you should be patient since most of the people have a wrong idea about Islam , you might hear bad words .
Remember that it's your choice , the people around you won't benefit you anything when you die , you want God's way and He will be with you .

May Allah support you & help you dear sister ..

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Your family will be mad..but they will not disown you. You have to use some sense. Do not throw Islam in the face of your family. Be sublte and learn the faith.
Talk to your mother in a gentle tone; over a cup of tea. Keep the line of communication open. Watch some moives that depict Muslims in a good way. ( My name is Khan ) is a good choice. It is a feel good movie.
Insha'Allah will ease the transition.

TipuSultan

Banned
Assalaam walaikum,

Your family will be mad..but they will not disown you. You have to use some sense. Do not throw Islam in the face of your family. Be sublte and learn the faith.
Talk to your mother in a gentle tone; over a cup of tea. Keep the line of communication open. Watch some moives that depict Muslims in a good way. ( My name is Khan ) is a good choice. It is a feel good movie.
Insha'Allah will ease the transition.

I dsiagree with you Aapa my name is khan is not good.
did i miss the part where he takes about Prophet Ibrahim(A.S.)he says that the Prophet Ibrahim(A.S.)knew from beginnig that Allah will not ask him to sacrifice his son.

sister watch Omar Mukthar

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum sister Irishamy,

Congratulations first of all for your quest for the true guidance from Almighty Allah, the Creator of the heavens and the earth.

It's natural for the heart to find peace and tranquility in obedience of Allah Almighty. This submission to Him is the source for *true pure happiness* in this life & eternity in the garden of Paradise. :)

I can understand the tough situation you are in because of your parents. But once we proclaim the true monotheistic faith, Allah Almighty will test our sincerity towards Him by various means. The strong in faith use these tests to draw close to Allah Almighty and seek His help in passing these tests, gaining his pleasure and a higher rank in Paradise. So pray to Almighty Allah and He will make it easy for you.

Also Allah azz zawajal informed us of the following in the Holy Quran :-

3_186.png

You will surely be tested in your possessions and in yourselves. And you will surely hear from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with Allah much abuse. But if you are patient and fear Allah - indeed, that is of the matters [worthy] of determination.

I hope you are able to find some assistance and help from muslims in Ireland. And if you are in London currently, then we have some members of TTI residing there who can assist and help you Insha'Allah.

May Allah subhaanaho waa taala keep your heart firm on the pure religion in Islam and make everything easy for you. Ameen.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

arzafar

I dsiagree with you Aapa my name is khan is not good.
did i miss the part where he takes about Prophet Ibrahim(A.S.)he says that the Prophet Ibrahim(A.S.)knew from beginnig that Allah will not ask him to sacrifice his son.

sister watch Omar Mukthar

lion of the desert?

what about the message?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister...this time ignore the men. I wrote specifically " feel good" movie. There was a reason why I selected this. If you read what I wrote it is a movie to share with her mother.
The young woman is in the process of teaching her family, too.

TipuSultan

Banned
forget movies

watch documentaries

1.Islam-Empire of Faith
2.Muhammad(S.A.W.S)-Legacy of a Prophet.

documentaries are based on fact and movies- any one can direct and produce anything

baknajah

salam2 Amy.You are welcome in our communiy of Islam.In my opinion you know very well your family members,if they are open minded you can discuss with them and thy may understand you if not you have to enter gradually to islam By Shahada first(that you beleive in one God and that Mohammed is his slave and his last messenger)then now as you are 19 years old you can be independant you can build your own family and do what you want.It will be difficult at first but the relation will be good with your family after certain time.If you need more information about islam or any help this is my email:[email protected] I'm from Morocco welcome again and goog luck May allah helps and guides you WASSALAMOALAYKOM WARAHMATOLLAH

hobi allah

you are welcom

assalam aliokom sister first congratulation second iam really happy for you .then thinking like this and taking this step mean that allah choose you to be amongst Righteous and iam sure that he will show you the right path and i advice you to convert to islam secretly by saying :no god but allah mohammed messenger of allah. iam sur that you can do it and allah will be always here to help you iam sorry because iam not good in english but i think that you understand the message . assalam alaikom:tti_sister:

tabuzbr

Dear sister ,asalaamualikum welcome to the one and only true religion Islam.it is the only thing that can keep us going till the day of akhira,that the day of judgement,this world is a temporary stage and a test for us all.so think ahead and pray sincerely inshallah things will definitely get better.we will all pray for you.take care and have ultimate faith in the almighty Allah .