maula ya salli wa sallim

muharram23

Staff member
Salamu alaykum

Make sure it contains no shirk. Who is the maula that is referred in that nasheed? If it is calling upon others besides Allah then it is shirk and harem and should be stayed away from.

Actually most scholars consider nasheeds haram except in certain conditions.

I never heard of that song nor do I encourage u to listen to it. I encourage u to listen to the Quran and ponder upon it. Especially we should prepare ourselves before Ramadan and for Ramadan.

Allah knows best

Wassalam

cool dude

Salam Bro,

Thanks for the advice bro. i was captivated by the smooth rythm of the nasyeed and it really made feel calm and ease, apart from asma al husna. i did watch it in youtube and it was by imam saalih sharafudeen. unfortunately i can post the link of the youtube. however, below are the lyrics. i am not good in arabic but however with the english translation, it just saying allah and Prophet Muhammad. correct me if i am wrong.

Syukran. Wassalam

Mawlaya Salli Wassalim da-Iman Abadan
Ala Habi Bika Khairil Khalqi Kullimi
[x2 (WHOLE VERSE)]

Muhammadun Sayyidul Kawnayni Wa-Thaqalain [x2]
Wal-Fareeqaini Min Urbin Wa Min-Ajami

[x2 (WHOLE VERSE)]

Huzita Fil Lahilam Tuhzam Wa-Lam Tahimi [x2]
Hataa Ghuwadad Ummatal Islami Finujoomi

[x2 (WHOLE VERSE)]

Habibullah Rasoolullah Imam-al Mursaleen [x2]

Saraytan Haramin Laylan Ila Haramin
Kama Saral Badru Fitajin Minazulamin
[x2 (WHOLE VERSE)]

Wa-bitatan Qaila Anil Taminzilatan [x2]
Min Qamiqaw Sayinal Tudrak Wa-lam Turami

Mubina_91

Assalamu'3alaikum.
I think u talking about Mesut Kurtis- Burdah.
Sorry dont have any Links though.
But i have a Question, the Duffs, Percussions or Vocal, r they permissable in Nasheeds?
Plz if any Proof 4rm Hadiths or Qur'an. Do Bring forward.
Thanks..

sister2

Slm,

Its actually called Qasida Burdah, or The Burdah, The cloak, The Poem of the Cloak.

It's an ode of praise to the Prophet SAW, written by Imam Al Basari, many many years ago.

Its been sung by many different people over the years and it depends which version you want.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Slm,

Its actually called Qasida Burdah, or The Burdah, The cloak, The Poem of the Cloak.

It's an ode of praise to the Prophet SAW, written by Imam Al Basari, many many years ago.

Its been sung by many different people over the years and it depends which version you want.

:salam2: Sister,

Please check it out, is is indeed Cloak of Love or Cloak of ignorance...

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12288

:wasalam:

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Asalaamualaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh,

I dont listen to these nasheeds but acccording to authentic sources this particular one contains shirky elements. May be you should try different recitations of the qur'an untill you find the one that calms you?

LeBlanc

Asalaamualaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh,

I dont listen to these nasheeds but acccording to authentic sources this particular one contains shirky elements. May be you should try different recitations of the qur'an untill you find the one that calms you?

Salam Aleykum,

I would really appreciate if you can show me the shirky elements in this nasheed.
Here is a website where the lyrics of this nasheed are written in Arabic and translated into English. I didn't see any shirk, but the stronger in faith can see things that the regular Muslim cannot.

http://www.islamiclyrics.net/aamir-liaquat/maula-ya-salli-wa-sallim/

JazakAllahu in advance

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum,

There is no shirk in the said nasheed brothers and sisters. You seem to be getting two words mixed.

MawlaNA is the word we should not use except when referring to Allah (swt).
i.e. Allahu Mawlana means Allah is our only protector.

May Allah bless us during ramadhan ameen