"Quran is wrong" says the Jew

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

For a Jew he knows very little about his own beliefs. Now he is correct in that no sect (as far as the Tanach and Talmud go) taught that Ezra was the son of God but there are many sects that are now extinct. He doesn't even dress appropriately for a Jew, not a practicing one anyway.

Jews do not desire converts, and some sects (very small manority) will not even acknowledge a person who converts. To them it is like trying to convert to another race, it can't be done. But the look on his face when the questioner mentioned people "going to his religion" was priceless. He actually looked frightened.

This guy looked like he just wanted to pick a fight and fumbled his way through the interview. I would bet he doesn't even know Hebrew.

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

Sorry but this fella
looks very silly!
If I were there I would have asked him why he didn't want others to embrace his religion, as if it is a racial thing, when the overwhelming majority of today's Jew are not direct descendant of the prophet Israel PBUH. For proofs reads the excellent book by Shlomo Sand: The invention of the Jewish people. (I have it if you want a copy!)

Now from a scientific point of view there is countless examples of the authenticity of Al-Qur'an. For example, nowadays the most important thing that astrophysicists are looking for when it comes to planets is water implicitly admitting that no form of life whatsoever could exist without it. But remember that almost 1500 years ago Allah subhanahou wataalaa said in the Qur'an that:

Do not those who disbelieve see that the heavens and the earth were closed up, but We have opened them; and We have made of water everything living, will they not then believe? [Al-Anbia:30]

Subhan Allah !

Wassalam

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Jews do not desire converts, and some sects (very small manority) will not even acknowledge a person who converts. To them it is like trying to convert to another race, it can't be done. But the look on his face when the questioner mentioned people "going to his religion" was priceless. He actually looked frightened.

:wasalam:

That's the reason why I think non-jews aren't exposed to a lot of their beliefs and daily religious rites, as they don't openly seek converts.

A few days back a revert brother was asking us about the jews and if they called on to 'other than Allah' (shirk). And we all stood there waiting for someone to share something and suddenly we all realized that we didn't know much about their religion and sects.

ShyHijabi

I get it. The real Jew is the one who wears a cap and has long sideburns.

Not necessarily but he isn't dressing modestly, the sloppy t-shirt and ungroomed appearance just look more like a typical, secular American. And bare minimum he should be wearing a kippah (head cover) to show his submission to God. This guy doesn't even look like he has a clue what his religion teaches.

ShyHijabi

:wasalam:

That's the reason why I think non-jews aren't exposed to a lot of their beliefs and daily religious rites, as they don't openly seek converts.

A few days back a revert brother was asking us about the jews and if they called on to 'other than Allah' (shirk). And we all stood there waiting for someone to share something and suddenly we all realized that we didn't know much about their religion and sects.

Today's sects do not have assigned partners to Allah. I cannot answer for the extinct sects as their teachings have probably vanished. However the orthodox Jews (some sects) so some things such as going to graves and praying or treating their Rabbis as if their word is unfalliable.

Many treat the Talmud as if it is scripture when it is only jurisprudence on Torah.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
I think he is not the first to claim that :SMILY149:. Maimonides, who considered Muslims to be pure monotheists said the same. He wrote,

"The Ishmaelites are not at all idolaters; [idolatry] has long been severed from their mouths and hearts; and they attribute to God a proper unity, a unity concerning which there is no doubt. And because they lie about us, and falsely attribute to us the statement that God has a son, is no reason for us to lie about them and say that they are idolaters . . . And should anyone say that the house that they honor [the Kaaba] is a house of idolatry and an idol is hidden within it, which their ancestors used to worship, then what of it? The hearts of those who bow down toward it today are [directed] only toward Heaven . . . [Regarding] the Ishmaelites today – idolatry has been severed from the mouths of all of them [including] women and children. Their error and foolishness is in other things which cannot be put into writing because of the renegades and wicked among Israel [i.e., apostates]. But as regards the unity of God they have no error at all"
Source

Anyways my point was not to show what Maimonides thought of us but that even those Jews who considered us monotheists have this issue with us.

I think following few articles are an interesting read on this issue.

Was Uzayr (Ezra) Called The Son Of God?

Ezra Between the Qur’an and Judaism

As for idolatry amongst the Jews then Hebrew Bible is proof enough of what they had been doing.

32 and that which cometh into your mind shall not be at all; in that ye say: We will be as the nations, as the families of the countries, to serve wood and stone.
[Ezekiel Chapter 20]

Now, no Jew will accept that this is the belief of Judaism rather it is something that some evil doers did.

So when Quran says that Jews call Ezra son of God it doesn't mean the Hebrew Bible ordained them to consider him a son of God it simply says that few of the evil doers like in the passage above, from amongst the Jews said thator considered him to be.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Today's sects do not have assigned partners to Allah. I cannot answer for the extinct sects as their teachings have probably vanished. However the orthodox Jews (some sects) so some things such as going to graves and praying or treating their Rabbis as if their word is unfalliable.

Many treat the Talmud as if it is scripture when it is only jurisprudence on Torah.

From one of the links of Brother Mohsin :-

“Ever since then, Ezra has been venerated to such a degree that his verdicts on the Law of Moses have come to be regarded by the Talmudists as being practically equivalent to the Law itself, which, in Qur’anic ideology, amounts to the unforgivable sin of shirk inasmuch as it implies the elevation of a human being to the status of a quasi-divine law-giver and the blasphemous attribution to him—albeit metaphorically—of the quality of “sonship” in relation to God.

Very interesting..

Thanks for your reply sister Shyhijabi. I learned something new.

And for the links, akhi Mohsin.

Jazakum Allahu Khayran..

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Ironically, Muslims have done the same thing with their scholars. You might quote a fellow Muslim a verse from the Quran then he replies, "But Imaam X said differently!"
assalamu alakum brother,

How true and how interesting that the next ayah after this ayah about Ezra and Jesus (Peace be upon them both) is about the scholars of Jews and Christians.

[اتَّخَذُواْ أَحْبَـرَهُمْ وَرُهْبَـنَهُمْ أَرْبَاباً مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ وَالْمَسِيحَ ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ]

(They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah, and the Messiah, son of Maryam) [9:31].

Imam Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Jarir At-Tabari recorded a Hadith via several chains of narration, from `Adi bin Hatim, may Allah be pleased with him, who became Christian during the time of Jahiliyyah. When the call of the Messenger of Allah reached his area, `Adi ran away to Ash-Sham, and his sister and several of his people were captured. The Messenger of Allah freed his sister and gave her gifts. So she went to her brother and encouraged him to become Muslim and to go to the Messenger of Allah . `Adi, who was one of the chiefs of his people (the tribe of Tai') and whose father, Hatim At-Ta'i, was known for his generosity, went to Al-Madinah. When the people announced his arrival, `Adi went to the Messenger of Allah wearing a silver cross around his neck. The Messenger of Allah recited this Ayah;

[اتَّخَذُواْ أَحْبَـرَهُمْ وَرُهْبَـنَهُمْ أَرْبَاباً مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ]

(They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah). `Adi commented, "I said, `They did not worship them.''' The Prophet said,

«بَلَى إِنَّهُمْ حَرَّمُوا عَلَيْهِمُ الْحَلَالَ وَأَحَلُّوا لَهُمُ الْحَرَامَ فَاتَّبَعُوهُمْ فَذَلِكَ عِبَادَتُهُمْ إِيَّاهُم»

(Yes they did. They (rabbis and monks) prohibited the allowed for them (Christians and Jews) and allowed the prohibited, and they obeyed them. This is how they worshipped them.)
The Messenger of Allah said to `Adi,

«يَا عَدِيُّ مَا تَقُولُ؟ أَيُفِرُّكَ أَنْ يُقَالَ: اللهُ أَكْبَرَ؟ فَهَلْ تَعْلَمُ شَيْئًا أَكْبَرَ مِنَ اللهِ؟ مَا يُفِرُّكَ؟ أَيُفِرُّكَ أَنْ يُقَالَ: لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ؟ فَهَلْ تَعْلَمُ مَنْ إِلهٌ إِلَّا اللهُ؟»

(O `Adi what do you say Did you run away (to Ash-Sham) so that 'Allahu Akbar' (Allah is the Great) is not pronounced Do you know of anything greater than Allah What made you run away Did you run away so that `La ilaha illallah' is not pronounced Do you know of any deity worthy of worship except Allah)

The Messenger invited `Adi to embrace Islam, and he embraced Islam and pronounced the Testimony of Truth. The face of the Messenger of Allah beamed with pleasure and he said to `Adi,

«إِنَّ الْيَهُودَ مَغْضُوبٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَالنَّصَارَى ضَالُّون»

(Verily, the Jews have earned the anger (of Allah) and the Christians are misguided.) Hudhayfah bin Al-Yaman, `Abdullah bin `Abbas and several others said about the explanation of,

[اتَّخَذُواْ أَحْبَـرَهُمْ وَرُهْبَـنَهُمْ أَرْبَاباً مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ]

(They took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allah...) that the Christians and Jews obeyed their monks and rabbis in whatever they allowed or prohibited for them. This is why Allah said,

[وَمَآ أُمِرُواْ إِلاَّ لِيَعْبُدُواْ إِلَـهاً وَحِداً]

(while they were commanded to worship none but One God), Who, whatever He renders prohibited is the prohibited, whatever He allowed is the allowed, whatever He legislates, is to be the law followed, and whatever He decides is to be adhered to;

[لاَّ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ سُبْحَـنَهُ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ]

(None has the right to be worshipped but He. Hallowed be He above what they associate (with Him).) Meaning, exalted, sanctified, hallowed above partners, equals, aids, rivals or children, there is no deity or Lord worthy of worship except Him.
Source

Abu Talib

Feeling low

For a Jew he knows very little about his own beliefs. Now he is correct in that no sect (as far as the Tanach and Talmud go) taught that Ezra was the son of God but there are many sects that are now extinct. He doesn't even dress appropriately for a Jew, not a practicing one anyway.

This guy looked like he just wanted to pick a fight and fumbled his way through the interview. I would bet he doesn't even know Hebrew.

True. One of the Scholars at Masjid Al Haram in his lecture said the same the Jews don't like converts even if anyone converted they would call them No.2 Jew..lol

Miss Aaliyah

Assalamo alaykom,

All I could think here is: sobhanAllah this reporter knows how all of us Muslims should be and act with people who even lie about our religion Islam. He is so kind, funny and has big knowledge at the same time mashaAllah. We should all learn from that.

joldas

Banned

ramadan mubarak.

do not post those "know it, but go against" people`s(Jews) opinion. their heart been sealed because of their "those".

how did you bear to listen or read those jews?

Praise be to Allah Show us the straight way, The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

ShyHijabi

He wasn't posting Jew's opinions here, rather he was showing the blindspot in their thinking. Aso, how would you do dawa to a Jew unless you understood how our beliefs differ?

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam

If he wants us to leave Islam for ONE error ( while Islam doesn't have any error ) Then even Jews & Christians should leave their religions which are full of mistakes , contradictions and scientific errors !!

Read this please :
http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/qb005.htm

Also as I know children of Israel in Egypt and Yemeni Jews were calling Ezra ( Uzair ) as a Son of God , If there is not a proof of that from their books then that's because of 2 reasons :

1 - Their books have been changed .
2 - Allah said : " That is their saying with their mouths " . He didn't say they wrote it .

Allah knows the best .

arzafar

If he wants us to leave Islam for ONE error ( while Islam doesn't have any error ) Then even Jews & Christians should leave their religions which are full of mistakes , contradictions and scientific errors !!

Read this please :
http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/qb005.htm

Also as I know children of Israel in Egypt and Yemeni Jews were calling Ezra ( Uzair ) as a Son of God , If there is not a proof of that from their books then that's because of 2 reasons :

1 - Their books have been changed .
2 - Allah said : " That is their saying with their mouths " . He didn't say they wrote it .

Allah knows the best .

wow that's a fantastic spot!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Stuborn and Stupid old Jews as always!!!

:bismillah:

Stuborn and Stupid old Jews as always!!!

~*~*~*~*~*

Thank you for sharing this post brother,

~May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

Ramadhan Kariim Al Mubarak!

Thank you,

~Wassalam :)