Mike Tyson confesses he prays for forgiveness every day

joldas

Banned
:salam2:

5951018fd642ce0f73bfb6a322f75b85f85d401.jpg

02 July 2010, 19:20
Mike Tyson confesses he prays for forgiveness every day

Astana, July 2, Interfax - Mike Tyson, the former boxer who once bit his opponent's ear and was jailed for raping a model, confessed he is afraid of Allah most of all.

"I'm afraid of Allah. I know I've done a lot of bad things in my life and I think I'll have to go to hell for it. I pray for forgiveness every day," he said at a press conference in Kazakhstan.

The Kazakhstan edition of the Izvestia paper quotes the boxer as saying that he adheres to Islam and religion plays an important part in his life.

"Why I've chosen Islam, it's hard to say. But for me Islam is not just saying "Salaam Aleikum" and calling on a mosque once year without doing any good. I'm a sincere Muslim and should observe all Koran rules. It's most important for me," Tyson said.

Answering the question if he is proud of his sport achievements, Tyson said that at present his main achievement was help to sick children and charity.

"That's what I've really achieved in life. And everything that was before doesn't matter any more," the former sportsman said.

Mike came to the Kazakh capital to the international festival of action films Astana where he watched a film about himself - Tyson. During the festival the boxer celebrated his 44th birthday and received an ancient sword and national Kazakh dress in a local mosque as a present.

Mike became a believer during his years in jail, where guided by a prison imam he first read Koran, adopted Islam and was given a new name - Ali.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 49

sis khadidja

proud to be muslim
:salam2: go mike!! mashallah mike a muslim may allah guide him to the right path inshallah!! you never know we might be seeing him on tti soon!!:SMILY288: ( just a wild thought) lol!:hearts:

AdamMuslim

Assalaam walaikum,

The greatest is in my heart.

Assalamou Alikom Wrahmatou Allah,

Muhammed Ali is my hero. He just have something in him which makes him bigger then boxing.

I've watched almost all his fights and I bought the last two movies about him.

In my opinion no other person have exposed more the religion of Islam to the west in the modern history.

May Allah bless him for such an inspiring life.

Wassalam

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
May Allah forgive Mike for his misdeeds,but first of all he should ask forgiveness to the one who he hurt biting the ear and ask forgiveness to all the ones he might have hurt,because Allah is the All-Forgiver,but when someone makes a damage to another one,in this Dunya,only his/her forgiveness can help him to be in peace with himself.
It's too easy if a man steals somthing to another man and then pray Allah to be forgiven for the sin!!!not,he must go to the one who had the robber,isn't it?:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister...it is not for us to judge. He has suffered enough. Why during Ramadan are you exposing his past. Let it go.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Tauba and istighfar are among the most meritorious acts of virtue

:bismillah:

:bismillah:
"Truly, Allah swt loves those who repent, and Allah swt loves those who cleanse themselves." [Al-Baqarah 2:222].

Tauba (repentance) and istighfar (seeking forgiveness from Allah) are among the most meritorious acts of virtue for the believers. Tauba means feeling remorse for our actions or omissions. Istighfar means expressing that remorse in words and begging Allah for forgiveness.

Alhamduillah!

Thank you for sharing this post brother.
~May Allah swt reward you~Amin!

Ramadhan Al Mubarak!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
@sis Aapa,I don't know why,but I perceive a little of anger from you toward me?why should be quiet?I just posted what I felt right to post.I clearly know that it's not my role to judge,but I only said that until a person is alive it would be easier for him to ask forgiveness to the one who has been damaged.
That's all.Please don't be rude with me and respect,as I do me too,this blessed month by sharing and accepting the others' ideas,above all because nothing has been adressed to you:I just made a comment:astag:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I was not being rude. I am just tired of the Mike bashing. And it is so unnecessary to bring up the past that he is trying so hard to forget.

I never told anyone to be quiet.

Why do many non-Western females have difficulty with directness.

Sister...chill out and do not take this personally.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
if sis Aapa is not interested to this thread why is she continueing to make comments?I chill out very pleasantly,but if someone wants to share a news like that,we can discuss about it without commenting the others' comments,isn't it?so sister Aapa don't put the "chilly" in every thing you dislike,just pass over and be superior.I took it personally because you mentioned my name,and none can do this and then tells me not to take it personally.I'm direct,do you think that I was hidding myself behind something?If you need a respose from me,I'll give you directly

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Asalamu alaykum

SubhanaAllah May Allah guide us all and bless us with islam in our hearts till we die Ameen

Sisters its the month of Ramadan try to be respectful and patience with eachothers ideas and views because we all differ in our ideas but its Islam that unites us so dont let differences stop from uniting us all in this Blessed month where Allah has forbidden arguements and chained up the devils :girl3:

I hope i didnt say anything to offend you sisters or anyone or pass judgement to quickly, i just sought to reconcile differences presented :hijabi:

Wa salam

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thank you,bro muslim18,don't worry,everything's ok,don't close the thread because of me,I respect everybody here,sicerely:blackhijab:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
thank you,bro muslim18,don't worry,everything's ok,don't close the thread because of me,I respect everybody here,sicerely:blackhijab:

Lol sis i couldnt close it if i tried i am not a member with those powers :D and i am a sister its ok i always get mistaken as a brother lool i think i need to change it to muslimah :D

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Why is it we dont care about things like rape when its a celebrity?

Mike Tyson rapes a model, but we just write it off as it it didnt happen.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We have forgiven Mike for the rape. The female walked willingly into his motel room at 3 am.
Mike was set up by women and shady characters. He has finished the time in prison. Let it go.

We are celebrating for Mike because he is a good guy. He kept on going until he found the truth.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I'm sorry SISTER muslim18,I often make confusion between bro/sis names:lol:

sister Aapa is right,mike tyson payed his misdeed with the jail,and now he's one of us and we must open our hands to him.Allah will think what it will be right to do