Salatul Tasbih

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
Salatul Tasbih

For forgiveness of All Sins

Benefits of Salat-Ul-Tasbih
Our Beloved Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) said to his uncle (father’s brother) Sayyiduna Abbass (may Allah be pleased with him) Oh uncle shall I not give you Shall I not grant you Shall I not award you Shall I not do mercy on you When you do 10 things Allah will forgive your sins: of the future and of the past; new and old; those you have forgotten and those you did knowingly; big and small; hidden and revealed. Then he (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) explained the taught the way to pray Salatul Tasbih and then said if you can pray this salah once a day, if you can not pray once a day then every Friday, and even if this is not possible then once a month and even if this is not possible then once a year and even if this is not possible then at least once in a lifetime (Abu’Dawood & Tirimzi)

How to perform Salatul Tasbih?
This salaat (namaz) is offered in four rakat at a time and can be read in any part of the day and night besides Zawal and Sunrise and Sunset makrooh times, keeping in mind the forbidden times for performing Salat (namaaz). But is is preferred before Zuhr (Fatawa Alamgeeri)

The Tasbih to be read in Salaat-Ul-Tasbeeh:
" Subhaan Allahi Wal Hamdulillahi Wa Laa ilaha illal Laahu Wallahu Akbar "

Method:
Goal is to recite above Tasbih 300 times in Four Rakah with the following method.
In the first rakaat, after reading Sana "Subhaana Kallahumma...", read the above tasbih 15 times.
Now recite Aaoz "Aoozubillah...", Bismillah "Bismillah...", Then read sura Fatiha and a Surah or minimum of three small Ayayhs then read the tasbih 10 times again.
Go to ruku saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar), after reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem" minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Ruku.
Saying "Samee Allahu Liman Hamidah Rabbana Lakal Hamdh" get up from ruku to qiyam position.
Now read the tasbih 10 times.
Go to Sajdah saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar) and after reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal A'la" minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Sajdah.
Now go after first Sajdah go to Jalsa (sitting position) saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar). Sitting in Jalsa read tasbih 10 times.
Go to sajda again saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar) and after reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal A'la" minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Sajdah again.
Get up to begin 2nd rakat saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar).
Do rakah #2 in same fashion, but before reading Bismillah "Bismillah...", and Surah Fatiha, read the tasbih 15 times. Follow the rest as you did in first Rakat.
After second Sajdah of Second Rakat sit in Qaidah Oola (first sitting) read Attahiyat, Durood and Dua then get up for 3rd rakaat without saying Salam.
Begin third Rakat, just like the first Rakat, with Sana "Subhaana Kallahumma...", read the above tasbih 15 times. Follow the rest as you did in first Rakat untill you sit for Qaidah Akihra (last sitting) after second sajdah of fourth Rakah.
In Qaidah Akihra Attahiyat, Durood, Dua finish Salah with Salam.

Special notes for Salat-Ul-Tasbih:
1) Do not count loudly. It will break Salah
2) Do not count on fingers or by holding a Bead Tasbih in hand. It is Makruh.
3) You may count by pressing the fingers as a reminder. For example if you are in Ruku. You me press pinky of your right hand first for the first count, then the finger next to it for second count, then the middle finger for third count, following this method untill you reach the pinky of left hand will give you an exact count of ten. Use the same method in Qayam, Sajdah and Jalsa.
4) If missed a count then make it up in the next posture. For example if forgot to recite Tasbih after Surah in Qayam. Then you may recite Tasbish 20 times instead of 10 in Rukuh after "Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem". Missed Tasbih cannot be recited in Qayam after ruku and Jalsa between Sajdah. If you missed the Tasbih in Ruku then recite 20 in the first Sajdah instead of the Qayam after rukuh. Similarly if missed the Tasbih in first Sajdah then do not make it up in Jalsa. Instead recite missed tasbih in the second Sajdah. If Tasbih has been missed in last sajdah of second or fourth Rakah then you can recite the missed ones before Attahiyat in Qaidah.
5) If you miss a wajib in Salah and have to do Sajdah Sahaw. You dont have to recite Tasbih in Sajdah sahoo, since the 300 count has been estalished. But if you had missed Tasbih in any of the postures and remeber it now. Then you may recite the missed Tasbih in Sajdah Sahaw now.
6) It is preferable to recite after Surah Fatiha Sura Takathuur in the first raka’, Surah Wal A’sr in the second raka’, Surah Kaferoon (qul ya aiyuhal Kafiroon) in the third and Surah Akhlas (Qul hu Allah-hu ahd) in the fourth raka’. If one does not remember these surah they can recite the ones they prefer.

May Allah accept this dua’ (supplication) for the sake of the trustworthy PROPHET MOHAMMED (Allah’s Grace & Peace be upon him)

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:

Shiekh Hussain Yee in his class said to us this is not prescribed. Also there is a fatwa for this.

Is there any valid proof for Salaat al-Tasaabeeh?
Is there a hadith that supports Salat Ul-Tasaabeeh? If so, what is the reference?
Praise be to Allaah.

There are ahaadeeth concerning Salaat al-Tasaabeeh which are attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and which were classed as hasan by some of the scholars, but may scholars said that they are da’eef (weak) and that this prayer is not prescribed in Islam.

The Standing Committee was asked about Salaat al-Tasaabeeh, and they answered:

Salaat al-Tasaabeeh is a bid’ah (innovation) and the hadeeth concerning it is not proven, rather it is munkar. Some of the scholars mentioned it among the mawdoo’ (fabricated) ahaadeeth.

See Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, vol. 8, p. 163

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said: Salaat al-Tasaabeeh is not prescribed, because the hadeeth is da’eef (weak). Imaam Ahmad said there is no sound evidence for it. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said it is a fabrication, and he said that none of the imaams recommended it. He (may Allaah have mercy on him) spoke the truth, because whoever examines this prayer will find that it is odd in the way it is performed … Moreover, if it were prescribed, it would have been something that was reported in many reports because of its great virtue and reward. Since there are no such reports and none of the imaams described it as being recommended, we know that it is not proven. The oddness in the way in which it is performed is as described in the hadeeth narrated concerning it, which says that it is to be performed once every day, or once every week, or once every month, or once every year, or once in a lifetime. This indicates that these reports are not sound; if it were prescribed, it would be something to be done on a regular basis, and one would not be given such a variety of options.

On this basis, people should not do this prayer. And Allaah knows best.

Fataawa Manaar al-Islam, 1/203

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

The answer by Sh Uthaymeen rahimullah is fantastic. I have heard the same from our scholars in Indian subcontinent.

BarakAllahu Feek for providing the fatwa.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
asalam o alykum wr wb
i wonder why things get always so complexed here ..
see this one of my sisters provided me with this .
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24982..
m not a scholar thus not in position to justify this fatwa... our imaam masjid who is in the central body of markazi jameeyate ahle hadith answered a question of this salat ul tasbeeh (on last Friday it is fresh in my mind) that it is valid yet it should not be prayed in congregation ... now i will opt to do some thing that have a lot of ajaar in it rather to leaving it ...

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

There are some scholars who have spoke of it being authentic and it is known. However, if you look at the reasoning of Ibn Taymiyyah rahimullah. He does bring some very valid points. The most important one for me being this :-

The oddness in the way in which it is performed is as described in the hadeeth narrated concerning it, which says that it is to be performed once every day, or once every week, or once every month, or once every year, or once in a lifetime. This indicates that these reports are not sound; if it were prescribed, it would be something to be done on a regular basis, and one would not be given such a variety of options.

We know of authentic ways of ridding ourselves of minor sins, which are agreed upon by majority of scholars. We should therefore practice them with vigor and encourage others as well. About these doubtful matters, it is best to leave them aside.

In case if we are presenting such matters in a thread, we should mention that there is differences of opinion among the scholars, so that the listener/reader can make up his/her mind for him/herself.

And Allah knows best.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:wasalam:

but i wonder how acting upon weak hadith can be termed as *bidah* as per the fatwa above. :confused:

You didn't read it closely enough, akhi. The scholars who term it bidah, view the hadeeth as mawdoo or fabricated.

The Standing Committee was asked about Salaat al-Tasaabeeh, and they answered:

Salaat al-Tasaabeeh is a bid’ah (innovation) and the hadeeth concerning it is not proven, rather it is munkar. Some of the scholars mentioned it among the mawdoo’ (fabricated) ahaadeeth.

Wasalaamalaykum wa rahmatullahi

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
hmm you are right but i didn't knew that n m really null in such things ... i m a simple Muslim and i believe to act upon the little i know to get Allah's mercy m not here to establish my intellect... so i pray to Allah to show me His Path on which i can perform the best for people have made this religion very complexed ... and people like me who have just returned to deen are really confused ...

Abu Talib

Feeling low

Well do not worry and think your being accused of it. We all make mistakes and learn from here.

When I knew this I also believed in it when I didn't have knowledge bt when I came across evidences and authentic narrations I came to know its wrong.
But also we can show evidence we should not force others to follow it that's what I believe.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:,

but not all scholars take it as fabricated hadith. so it means we can perform it?

Walaykumsalaam waa rahmatullahi,

Right, I was only trying to explain why some scholars see it as 'bidah' as they consider the narration regarding it to be fabricated. And it is known that there is some difference of opinion regarding it's permissibility.

Secondly, I am not in a position to inform you or others, to perform this act of ibadah or not. Such consultation should be taken from a reputable mufti/scholar. You can try and ask Sh Assim Al Hakeem who holds classes every sunday online.

Personally, I lean towards the fatwa issued by Ibn Taymiyyah rahimullah. I find a lot of truth in his explanation that includes
- the strange way in it which has to be performed.
- none of the four major imams encouraged people to perform them.
- the randomness it can be performed with. a day, a month, a year.. once in a lifetime..

Also, there are also numerous ibadat that can be performed to get rid of minor sins in ramadan which are authentic (and accepted by everyone), so let us rather concentrate on them and set aside the doubtful. And this is what I personally am comfortable with.

And Allah knows best.. Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah

Well do not worry and think your being accused of it. We all make mistakes and learn from here.

When I knew this I also believed in it when I didn't have knowledge bt when I came across evidences and authentic narrations I came to know its wrong.
But also we can show evidence we should not force others to follow it that's what I believe.
i m not worried brother alhumdullah even humans accuse me ,, and m not impressed by the knowledge that is always used to refute others i never read such posts in my past one year or more membership.
Allah is enough to guide ..i i believe in unity of Muslims its not the time to discuss such micro issues ...and the divide in muslims makes me worried ..ummah needs unity ....

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:,

but not all scholars take it as fabricated hadith. so it means we can perform it?

:salam2: dear brother

As it has been described and explained in fatwa above, this kind of salat is bidah, because it has been proven that haadith is week,and also the way how it is described is strange SubhanAllah. I have heared first time for this kind of Salat and praising Allah, SubhanAllah,and I got very confused after reading it first time.

Can you please tell us brother, on which Schoolars do you mean,and how truthfull are those Schoolars?

And Allah subhan we teala knows the best

May Allah guide us all

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

I'm disagree on this one, because many muhadditheen say the some of the hadeeth are saheeh, that article sister saima abdullah posted is by Abu Abdurrahman as Salafee al Kanadi... Thought I'd reference it to him since the brother who posted it didn't, and Abu Baseer I think removed the URL.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

m not impressed by the knowledge that is always used to refute others i never read such posts in my past one year or more membership.
Why do you think it is *refutation* when it can be *correction?*..even one is being refuted..if they're being refuted for the sake of knowing the truth or the correct thing..then alhamdulillah for that..that's something to be thankful for..and one way of showing thanks is to *read* such posts and understand them fully hadaki Allah!

Allah is enough to guide ..i i believe in unity of Muslims its not the time to discuss such micro issues ...and the divide in muslims makes me worried ..ummah needs unity
Truly Allah is enough of a guide..but sobhanallah..that does not mean that we can make an umberall out of this belief..so we may hear a thing or read it and then judge it solely based upon *personal theory or conclusion*..and there's no "micro" issue in Islam rahimaki Allah..in this very instance..in this very thread..you brought up an act of worship which is considered to be *unauthentic* by many scholars..is it a "micro" thing to show how it is unauthentic as to avoid committing a bida'a?!

Unity is a dream we all wish to reach out and grab straight away..but we need to realize that our unity equals *nothing* if it is not upon what Allah approved and His Prophet preached..

We need to realize that the message of Allah to Rasulullah ('alayhi assalat wassalam) came to us with a beginning and an end..and when it ended it was *completed*..didn't Allah say???:

"This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion." [Al-Maeda:03]

How can we then seek this ibadah and that ibadah without *making sure* time and time again that we are following something from within that *distinct* line of beginning to end!!!..that in our ernest attempt to worship we are not *rejecting* the *completion* of the message preached to us by making *foreign additions* to it!..and Rasulullah (salla Allaho 'alayhi wassalam) said:

"He who innovates something in this matter of ours [i.e. Islaam] that is not of it will have it rejected [by Allaah]" [Sahih Bukhari & Muslim]

And in another version he ('alayhi assalat wassalam) said:

"
[FONT=arial, helvetica]He who does an act which we have not commanded, will have it rejected [by Allaah]." [Sahih Muslim]

So we need to check and recheck..read and re-read..search and research..before we put something forth baraka Allaho feeki..and it can *never* hurt you to read things from those who come to you with further research materials or "refutations" (as you called them)..so long they are bringing to you what will correct you and better your knowledge..then rahimaki Allah for *your own* good you must take what they bring you and study it carefully!

As for Salatul-Tasbeeh..and which scholars have claimed it to be weak???

Well the answer is simple..the answer is:

"Each of the 4 scholars deemed it weak, Ibn Taymiyyah follows this, Ibn Qidamah narrated the dislike of Imam Ahmad of it, and An-Nawawi narrated a couple of points from the reasoning behind weakening it in Al-Majmooe'e Sharh Al-Mohathab through Al-Qadhee Hussain and from our modern days Ibn Uthaymeen also follows this."

The link providing the thorough and detailed information of this issue is available in Arabic only (unfortunately)..but as to not be amongst those who speak without source..I will put the link:

http://www.islamqa.com/ar/ref/145112/صلاة التسبيح

Perhaps it will be of benefit..and perhaps it can be checked over somehow by anyone seeking an answer to this topic..

Hatha wallaho adra wa a'alam

[/FONT]

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykkum, people should not be forcing their opinions on other people, as our beloved scholars have differed over the authenticity of the ahadeeth. The hadeeth through the root of Ibn `Abbaas (the above narration posted by the OP) has shawaahid (supporting narrations) and some of our contemporaries also authenticated some of the narrations about Salaatul Tasbeeh, such as Al Albaanee rahimahullaah. Though I am personally of the view that one should not pray this salaah, this is more of a personal thing. One should see both sides of the arguments in this topic. As brother Al Kashmiri pointed out, many muhaditheen authenticated it.

So I ask brothers and sisters to read both sides of it, and then stick to the opinion that they believe is correct in accordance to the Qur'aan and Sunnah. And not argue with others who hold an opinion other than theirs. BarakAllaahu feekum

Was salaamu `alaykkum wa rahmatullaah

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmtullah wa barakatuhu

Mashallah brother "thariq2005" explained it well when saying that we should not force any opinion above other since our knowledgeable Schoolars disagree regarding the authenticity of the hadith.

Rather we should keep ourselves on the safe side and do others Ibadah to Allah like sallat, reciting the Qur'aan esspecialy during Ramadan, remembrance of Allah, helping to others, love of Allah and His Messenger, fear of Allah, repenting to Allah, being pleased with His Decree, and doing all other good deeds for His sake.

In quran Allah informs us that He has created all creation only to worship Him alone,and that ibadah is order and descibed in Quran and Sunnah of Prophet our Mohammed s.a.w.s.We can not do ibadah which is not from Quraan and Sunnah Alhmadulillah, as that form of ibadah will not be accepted.

And I (Allah) created not the jinn and humans except they should worship Me (Alone). I seek not any provision from them (i.e. provision for themselves or for My creatures) nor do I ask that they should feed Me (i.e. feed themselves or My creatures). Verily, Allah is the All-Provider, Owner of Power, the Most Strong.' (Al-Quran, adh-Dhariyat (51): 56)

And Allah knows the best

Wa allaicumu Sallam wa raahmtullah wa barakatuhu

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
i never see two salafi guys agreed upon one thing ....
only what i can do is
asalam o alykum waramatullah e wabaraktuhu

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
i never see two salafi guys agreed upon one thing ....
only what i can do is
asalam o alykum waramatullah e wabaraktuhu

Dear sister, I do not know exactly what do you mean with the sentence "i never see two salafi guys agreed upon one thing ....", but I feel it is my duty for the sake of Allah to explain that it is not alowed for our Ummah to be seperated because of those things which Allah subhan we teala and His Prophet s.a.w.s. did not ordered. Example of that our words of the man who sais: " I am Salafi", or " I am Hanafi".Those are names about which Allah did not revail any proof. Calling oursleves with diffrent names, except name " Muslim", can bring disunity between Muslims,and devission and dissension are stricly forbidden by Quran and Sunnah, while unity between Muslims is strictly ordered.
"Hold fast to the Rope of Allah, all of you together and do not separate" (Quran 3:103)".

Neither in Quraan, neither in Sunnah, neither in actions of Muslim who belong to first Salaf generations of Muslims,are not existing narrations which alow to one Muslim to be proudfull his orgin or nation. When Muslim is asked " Which is your religion", he should reply " I am Muslim who folows Quraan, Sunnah and practise of Islaam by first Salaf generation of Muslims",and to repeat once again, " I am Muslim who folows Quraan, Sunnah and practise of Islaam by first Salaf generation of Muslims".

It was narrated that Muawi Ibn Abu- Suffiyan asked Abdullah Ibn Abbas: " Do you folow Ali r.a., or Osman r.a?". " I do not folow neither Ali r.a, neither Osman r.a., but I folow actions ( Sunnah) of Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam.

Generations before would say" I do not mind which out of the two blessings was greater. That Allaah guided me to Islaam, or that he kept me away from these innovated sects."

Allah subhan we teala has called us with the most beautiful names " Muslims", " Mumins", and " His Servents".

We can not give up of these names, neither we can overtake and give to oursleves nicknames, in which we do not find any proof in Quraan and Sunnah.

It is not alowed for Muslims to devide themselves, and to call their directions" with new names", in which there are no proofs in Quran or Sunnah. This kind of disunity among Muslims in general sense is one of the reasons that enemies of Islaam are donimating over this Ummah. That is because of Muslims are not submitted to Allah and His Messanger s.a.w.s.

It is our duty to give priority to that to what Allah and His Messanger have given priority, we should love what Allah and His Messanger s.a.w.s love,and we should dislike, what Allah and His Messanger s.a.w.s dislike.
We should give efforts for Muslims to be like one hand, so how is it possible that there are Muslims who call other Mislims with different names only becouse they dissagree regarding some questions and subjects. If one Muslim has made mistake in some Islamic question, that is not the reason that we call him with different names, but our duty to guide him to better and truthful understanding of the same.

Also to add on your sentence dear sister, that it is normal that there is dissagreement if we do not have authentic hadith regarding some isue, and that is not wrong as long as we are trying to find the right answer on our question being truthfull toward Allah, His Prophet, generations of Muslims which were before us, those of today and ourselves. What would be wrong is that some Schoolar for example sais that some hadith is sahih and it is not, this would make this person an inovator as Allah has forbiden us to add or take anything from Islam. This is the reason why we should always keep ourselves on the safe side and foolow only that for what we have proven and truthful authenticy. And Allah knows the best.

And at the end to remaind us all on this ayah, and Inshallah may it be gudience for us.

"Verily this Ummah of yours is one Ummah…” (21:92)

May Allah forgive me if I have said something wrong and all of us.Ameen summa ameen