Video Angela Colins Fox News - Muslim After September 11 9/11

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
[img=left]http://www.turntoislam.com/images/tti/angela_colins_fox.jpg[/img]Angela Colins Muslim After September 11 on Fox News - She Became Muslim After 9/11. She had many of her family members who died on September 11th. She studied Islamand came to find it to be quite different from what other people told her. . and the way the media percieved it to be. She reverted to Islam from her Catholic Faith. Now she is a Muslim teacher.
Be sure to check out the Aljazeera interview, which also has an American Jew who turned to Islam after September 11.

You may Also want to watch the following:

AlJazeera: After September 11 - Jewish And Catholic Women Become Muslim - AlJazeera

Monday, September 11, 2006
Angela Collins: Why I decided to submit?

I accept that I cannot control the events that occur in my life or in the lives of others.

Islam is the only religion that communicates total submission to our Creator, the Creator of all people and of all things. As a Muslim I know that everything I do first begins with an intention and then I must transform that intention into an effort in order to carry out what has already been decreed. This wisdom defines my path to be a better person to myself, my family, my community and to all of my brothers and sisters here on earth.

In essence Allah (the one God) opened my heart, Islam gave me the direction, and now I live to serve out the guidance lent by my Creator for happiness here on earth and if Allah wills, in the hereafter.

While religion is a resource to help guide ourselves to good behavior through our spirituality, there is no prerequisite that it should be far fetched in mental comprehension.

I am a recent convert. Catholicism is the religion followed by my forefathers. At the age of 14, I refused the trinity concept and narrowed what I saw as a complicated tale of 'three in one' down to 'two in one' and started attending a Baptist church.

Throughout my life, I have searched for understanding, but when it came to my faith I truly was confused about why God would come as a human being and would allow himself to die for the sins of only those privileged enough to believe in his (or his son's) crucifixion. I found this explanation extravagant and shared my doubts with pastors and scholars who gave every effort to communicate the Christian belief to my understanding. I asked myself: "Why would my religion need to be so complex?" When I reached adulthood, I decided to make it very simple. There was just one, our Creator and that was it. No other explanation could rationally make sense.

I see Islam as a religion that came to clarify the errors of human beings who changed the original word of God to fit their interests. Islam is simple: God is God. God created us and we worship God and God alone. God sent Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed (PBUH) to deliver his message to guide all people. In Islam, Jesus is the only prophet who never died which is why he is the only messenger who will come back before the Day of Judgment to lead the people of the books: [the Torah, the Injeel (Bible) the book of Psalms and the Quran]. The Quran is the final book that has never been altered to fit the changing interest of people throughout history.

Islam confirms that you are not awarded passage into heaven just because you say you are Muslim. And you may not go straight to heaven just because you believe that God is monotheistic. You go to heaven based on your intentions and actions following the message taught to us by the messengers themselves and confirmed by the original books of God. Heaven is not an exclusive club for those who merely follow what their fathers taught them. Instead it is your responsibility, especially as a Muslim, to constantly search for truth, understanding and to read and think. After reading every chapter in the Quran twice and taking detailed notes, I believe that this masterpiece could only have come from my Creator. Without a doubt the author of this book knows more about me than I know about myself.

It is no secret that Islam is seriously misunderstood and disliked by many here in my homeland, the United States. My conversion to this "controversial" religion has my family and friends puzzled. It is my sincere belief that Allah led me to Islam by enhancing my passion in exploring unfamiliar perspectives through foreign travel. I have a genuine interest in building bridges with all people everywhere rather than promoting my own ideology as the only system that can work for all people.

While culture shock is a mild term to express the drastically different life styles of Muslims in the Middle East, I saw great beauty in the generosity of people, the cohesiveness of families and the immediate acceptance of a girl so foreign in her ways. Even so, in the present I face a culture shock within my own predominantly Middle Eastern Muslim community. I do understand the challenges a Muslim born into their religion faces to dissect their own culture within it. After finding myself in Islam, I am able to adhere to the teachings supported by the Quran and Hadiths while also managing to bypass the cultural manifestations taught by Muslims born into their religion. Islam is multi-cultural and is a system that can be adopted in any environment at any point in time.

I can confidently say that if Allah had not breathed Islam into my soul, I would have never found Angela. Well, today, here I am: Angela, a Muslim American: the soul who persistently searched for her Creator and has found the Creator of all that is in the universe and beyond, in Islam.

Angela Collins

west

Typical American (interviewer), thinking that because a woman covers her body and dresses modestly she has given up her freedom. When are people going to realise that a covered woman commands more respect than a woman whose assets are there for all to see?

Kayote

:salam2:

Masha'Allah, may Allah continue to guide her to the correct path. Such a brave lady, we all can learn from.

:wasalam:

GreenSpark

masha Allah

this is amazing, may Allah help her and guide her family and friends as well..ameen
there are so many converts to Islam who are women/girls that i think in the coming decades christians will run out of women. In UK for eg 7 out 10 converts to Islam are women. masha Allah.

PS: may Allah guide the interviewer as well, his attitude is so cunning.

bdot

SubhanuAllah! Allah guideth whom He will, and blindeth whom He will. May Allah (swt) bless sister Angela for her strength of faith. Still, I think that interviewer didn't give her much time to respond or make her views heard. I feel she was disappointed in the end, as I was as well. StaghfirhuAllah!

ummulkheir_3

mashaAllah,may Allah reward her for defending Islam & fellow muslims.Let's not be afraid we should come out and teach them our religon,coz most of them think islam=terrorist na3udhubillah.

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
thank you sister

Thank you sister for facing this interview. It is no great secret that Fox news has a very decided slant towards sabre rattling and fear mongering. Despite their slogan to the contrary, their interviewers are rarely balanced and infrequently fair.
As a revert myself, I see the difficulties you were talking about. Many immigrant Muslims are afraid to voice their concerns in a public forum. Now, with the passing of the law which allows the executive branch to hold "suspicious" resident aliens for an unlimited period for "questioning", I believe that many of them are justified in their concerns.
I respect your decision to wear hijab, and proudly broadcast yourself as a Muslim. It is much harder for pious women in America, than for us men. I wear the beard, shave the head, and wear humble dress. I am obviously Muslim for anyone with eyes to see. However, if I am doing physical labor, I will wear my old, Western clothes, so as not to damage my clothing.
For a male revert in America, eyes float right over you unless you are wearing humble dress. Afterall, we are only a pair of jeans and a leather vest away from being a biker!
It takes great courage to wear hijab and to truthfully answer questions about our community and our deen. It must take much more so to do it on national television.
I hope that Allah Ta'alla will bless your efforts,

Aslamna

Those Fox news people make me sick. This one would not even let the sister answer his ignorant questions. He is just does not know anything about the DEEN of Islam. She has found the Light of Islam. May Allah bless her and continue to guide her.

abou hafs

may Allah strengthens you my sister in islam

In the name of Allah most gracious and merciful and may peace and blessing be upon our prophet mohamed peace be up on him then actually what sister angella was a very couragious step towards islam and may Allah reward you sister sister and make you a good model for muslims and your family as well i watched really your tv show in fox news and aljazeera and really sister you were very couragious to say the truth because Allah swt said that if God knows there is goodness in your heart He will give you goodness so thanks for this vedeo and know that islam is a complete way of life and it's a faith of peace and tolerance so sister i hope from Allah to be Insh'Allah one of pious servants of Allah and to get rewards from God just carry on in what you are doing now and i hope good luck for you Insh'Allah just ask God to uphold on truth wa salam allaikum

Proud2beIslam

Jazakalah sister Angela

insha allah keep it and try to make contact to the new american muslim women or alse where around the world
i hope you will get more and more and that will be helpfull to those who are eager deeply to understand islam

Salam alaykum

muslima3

angela collins

We want people like you to stand up and try to convince the western view of muslim women being oppresed or forced into covering their bodily assets. May God guide us and all muslims to the right path and keep us on it.