Florida pastor calls off Quran burning

helpinghumanity

The Florida pastor who had planned to burn copies of the Quran on Saturday has called it off.

The Rev. Terry Jones of the Gainesville, Florida-based Dove World Outreach Center made the announcement Thursday.

Earlier Thursday, President Obama said Jones' plan, which had triggered worldwide controversy, would be a "recruitment bonanza for al Qaeda."

"You could have serious violence in places like Pakistan or Afghanistan" as a result of the proposal by Jones, Obama said on ABC's "Good Morning America." "This could increase the recruitment of individuals who'd be willing to blow themselves up in American cities, or European cities."

Jones has said he will proceed with the plan Saturday -- the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks -- despite increased pressure to abandon the proposal and warnings that going ahead could endanger U.S. troops and Americans worldwide.

There were several developments:

-- Local governments said they will bill Jones for the extra cost of security for Saturday's event.

-- Interpol on Thursday issued a global alert to its 188 member countries, warning of a "strong likelihood" of violent attacks if the Quran burning proceeds.

source: CNN

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
No comment...until they literally move the cultural center.

And IF they do, it will be a very sad day indeed.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Alhamdulillah!

The Florida pastor who had planned to burn copies of the Quran on Saturday has called it off.

The Rev. Terry Jones of the Gainesville, Florida-based Dove World Outreach Center made the announcement Thursday.

Earlier Thursday, President Obama said Jones' plan, which had triggered worldwide controversy, would be a "recruitment bonanza for al Qaeda."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:
:salam2:

:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

Thank you for News sharing and of information links brothers
~May Allah swt reward both of you ~Amin!

Eid Mubarak!

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam .

FreedomFighter

Muslims are organizing 'Read The Qur'an Day 9/11' in response to 'burn the Qur'an day 9/11'. Pls help spread this to other sites and forums.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=153303778031838

4974173110cf86f581b9b.jpg

helpinghumanity

No comment...until they literally move the cultural center.

And IF they do, it will be a very sad day indeed.

Assalamo alaikum sister,

Eid Mubarak...Sister i have followed some post by you in regards to the issues pertaining PARK 51 and Quran Burning. Therefore i thought to give you a brotherly suggestion. :)

Please be careful on what you say and what you write on internet and never ever talk to the media.

Just to give you the comparison between Cardoba and Masjid Manhattan. I usually offer my salate- Dhuahar at Masjid Manhattan, which previously was located at 20 Warren street (nearly 4 block away from ground zero). Alhamdolillah they purchased a five story building and alhamdolillah they have moved there too. Every single day local media (cnn, abc , cbn news etc) and international media used to come and would ask the imam and us to speak. Alhamodolillah none of us spoke with them and now we are enjoying its fruits.

The thing is we have do be careful with what we do and we have to do our stuff with hikmah .inshallah...

wassalam

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Wa alaikum Salam akhi,

Thank you for the suggestion but I'm a bit confused as to why it came up. Some clarification would help.

after finally hearing this pastor speak then seeing an article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/11/us/11gainesville.html?_r=1

we are left with why on earth is he even being talked about. He is a nobody. And the towns people were he lives reflect that.

I sure do hope that the imam of the masjid near ground zero doesn't waste his time talking to this guy.

The pastor didn't realize what a serious thing he was about to do. He then used news swing to align it with a current issue and shift attention.

last I read just about everybody non-muslim condemned his planned action, from the Vatican to many people of position in the government of the USA.

:wasalam: