take off hijab?

omahmed

Sister in Islam
Salaam everyone.

Just a quick question.

I have a friend who is beginning work in Canada as a doctor and she has taken off her hijab for the time being, for fear of discrimination and maybe less offers for work. I am moving soon to Australia for the same reason - is it better to keep your hijab on and accept that whatever Allah has written for you will come about whatever you do, or is it acceptable to take it off, just the scarf, while still wearing modest clothing, temporarily?

Salaam.

a_stranger

:salam2: sister

I am not an experet in such matters but i think if we fear Allah sobhanahu wa taala and obey him Allah will help us. Make a lot of Duaa . I pray that Allah make things easy for you with Higab.

Michelle_A

omahmed,

I am from Australia. Where were you planning on going to for work? We have many different communities here and some which will be more friendly than others. We also have laws which prevent people not employing you because of your religious beliefs. If you stick with public hospitals, you will certainly find employment through them, but likewise, many private general practitioner offices will take on casual doctors and if you work in an Islamic friendly area, you will no doubt get lots of work. Please feel welcome to message me if you wish to discuss this privately.

Michelle :hijabi:

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum

Dear sister I believe you already know the answer to this question. But maybe you are hoping someone will advise you to take the easy way out. May Allah (swt) guide you in your decision and strengthen your faith.:tti_sister::tti_sister:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi..

Alhamdulillah Sh Assim Al Hakeem has answered this previously. Please listen to his answer below..

[yt]zGOk9yrfn8E[/yt]

omahmed

Sister in Islam
BrotherInIslam7

Salaam and thanks for the video. Now I feel worse! LOL. I work as a doctor, and even in Egypt when I was younger, and the UAE until recently:hijabi:, I would wear my hijab but still deal with men all day, even examine male patients day after day. No, I would not starve or die if I stopped work - but I would definitely go crazy.

omahmed

Sister in Islam
Salaam and thanks for your reply, Michelle_A. I'm new here and am not sure how to PM anyone actually.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
BrotherInIslam7

Salaam and thanks for the video. Now I feel worse! LOL. I work as a doctor, and even in Egypt when I was younger, and the UAE until recently:hijabi:, I would wear my hijab but still deal with men all day, even examine male patients day after day. No, I would not starve or die if I stopped work - but I would definitely go crazy.

:salam2:

Something that Allah has made obligatory can't be left unless if it is in desperate situations such as starvation or death.

We should be happy that Allah azz zawajal legislated all these things for us and guided us while we have no knowledge on our own. We shouldn't do this just for the sake of the society, coworkers or even patients.

The blessings of Allah upon us are enormous and uncountable. In return we only have to worship Allah alone, take care of the obligatory and leave the prohibited (all of which is for our good btw !).

And these men who are mere mortals, they can't harm or benefit us unless with Allah's permission. So why sacrifice the deen for such people ?

I hope this benefits you InshaAllah.

omahmed

Sister in Islam

Something that Allah has made obligatory can't be left unless if it is in desperate situations such as starvation or death.

We should be happy that Allah azz zawajal legislated all these things for us and guided us while we have no knowledge on our own. We shouldn't do this just for the sake of the society, coworkers or even patients.

The blessings of Allah upon us are enormous and uncountable. In return we only have to worship Allah alone, take care of the obligatory and leave the prohibited (all of which is for our good btw !).

And these men who are mere mortals, they can't harm or benefit us unless with Allah's permission. So why sacrifice the deen for such people ?

I hope this benefits you InshaAllah.
I was referring to what the sheikh in the video was saying, actually.
Jazaak Allah khairan for replying - and yes, your advice is useful, thank you.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
absolutely not,from my point of view,each muslim woman who wears hijab mustn't take it off for any reasons.Allah Yarzuqu man Ya sha A,bi Ghayri Hisab.so follwing Allah's Will is the best thing to do,while following what the others say to do,is the way of damnation.hijab is not a simple scarf:it is muslim women's way to live and to be protected from anything.discrimination???there is no discrimination,if a person is what it is.there are many muslim women working at he hospital with their hijab.if a woman fears the judgement of another person,she loses her freedom,so why taking off what belongs to her??:wasalam:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Salam alaikum,

I'm glad someone raised this issue.

Lately, I've been extremely discouraged and saddened at seeing so many prominent and promising sisters, many of whom I admired, respected, and looked up to, take off their hijabs for whatever reason. I must say that in all of my years of wearing hijab, I feel my hijab has never been so tested as it is being now. I come across people who claim that hypocrites are the only people that wear hijabs and that their reasons for not doing so is because they don't want to be one themselves. Then people ask, where specifically in the Quran does it say "cover your HEAD"? As in which ayah states that. Not what's in parentheses. Irrespective, these things don't rattle me as much as when I see a sister that I thought was a paragon of a Muslimah suddenly takes off her scarf and lately it's so many of them.

Alhamdulillah, when I discuss these things with my mother she'll just simply call those sisters "a fitnah to society" and that these are the tests that Allah SWT gives us.

I will also impart her advice to fear the Creator and not the Creation. In the end, it's not the latter you will be answering to.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I agree with sister Shahnaz. It has been a little over a month since I've changed cities, and once again I'm looking for a job - you won't believe how many people have said to me that I'll never get a job in hijab. Where I live, there's one of the most prominent hospitals of the US which I'm really trying to enter into because basically, its my dream to work there. And again, everyone says I'll never get in, and even if I do, I'll be horribly discriminated against. But I really couldn't care less for what they say - Rizq comes from Allah, and if Allah wills and its good for me, I'll get the job and if not, then no.

And tomorrow morning I have an interview for that very place. So pray for me please! :) I'm going in hijab obviously, and its never coming off, inshallah.

Azizati

salam alikoum

first of all welcome sister to TTI and hope you will enjoy you stay.

as you walk on truth path don't fear anything, keep your hijab sister and allah will reward you be sure!!

Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala says:

أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

وَمَن يَتَّقِ اللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُ مَخْرَجاً وَيَرْزُقْهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لَا يَحْتَسِبُ وَمَن يَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ فَهُوَ حَسْبُهُ

And whosoever keepeth his duty to Allah , Allah will appoint a way out for him,
And will provide for him from ( a quarter ) whence he hath no expectation, And whosoever putteth his trust in Allah, He will suffice him.

excuse my english it's not my native language nor my second one

wa ssalam

kayleigh

If you're used to wearing hijab I think you'd be really uncomfortable taking it off, even if just for a short time. It might be more difficult to find work with it, but it is possible. Especially if you live in a larger and more diverse city. Taking your hijab off to get a job, then wearing it once you find work is kind of deceptive too, in my opinion. If your employer is that prejudiced, they'll find a way to get rid of you once you wear hijab again. It's better to be up front about it so there's no surprises later.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum wa rahmatu-llah

if you dont going to strive, no one will be going to help you.
obey what Allah says, He is surely gonna help you

I hope you understand
JazakAllahu khair
wassalam

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
If you're used to wearing hijab I think you'd be really uncomfortable taking it off, even if just for a short time. It might be more difficult to find work with it, but it is possible. Especially if you live in a larger and more diverse city. Taking your hijab off to get a job, then wearing it once you find work is kind of deceptive too, in my opinion. If your employer is that prejudiced, they'll find a way to get rid of you once you wear hijab again. It's better to be up front about it so there's no surprises later.

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.....

Good point dear sister,why paint a face that fake.one should stick to his deen:)

as for OP i think you got very beautiful answers and that explained everything mashallah.and i see from your replies that you are ready to carry on with your hijaab no matter what:)may ALLAH strenghten you in your imaan sister.

arzafar

one thing i fail to understand is why dont muslims make their own clinics, hospitals, consultancies. I mean if you are going to reside in a kaafir land then might as well avail everything capitalism has to offer.

My uncle is gp in london. he and his colleagues run their own surgery/hospital