Allaah Has Named us Muslims, So Why Ascribe Ourselves to the Salaf?

island muslim

There is noting wrong, with calling yourself a Salafi, especially today when you have so many deviant groups, such as takferies, deobandies, soufies, tablighies, khawarijites, etc. You should distinguish yourself from these deviant people and distance yourself from them since your surroundings effect the way you think. As for joining parties and groups, then that is not Allowed, but the Salafi sect was mentioned by the prophet when he said "I am the best Salaf for you". So it is permissible for you to call yourself a Salafi

Can you please give the evidence for this quote you refer to rasoolallah peace be upon him??

then why during the prophets time did every one call themselves muslims?

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Can you please give the evidence for this quote you refer to rasoolallah peace be upon him??

then why during the prophets time did every one call themselves muslims?

Walaykum Salam Dear Brother,

Here is a ruling given by Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan in the book titled "Beneficial Answers to Questions on Innovated Methodologies" with footnotes by Jamaal bin Fareehan al-Haarithee:

[Just to point out, obviously the preface isn't included but does explain some good stuff]

Question:

Is the person that calls himself Salafee considered a partisan?

Answer:

If calling oneself Salafee is for real, then there is no harm in that.

[Footnote: Shaykh-ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah said in Majmoo'-ul-Fataawaa (4/149):

"There is no blame on the one who outwardly manifests, ascribes himself, and attributes himself to the madh-hab of the Salaf. Rather, it is an obligation to accept that from him, according to the unanimous consensus. For indeed the madh-hab (way) of the Salaf is nothing but the truth."

I say: Reflect, O brother, upon the words of Shaykh-ul-islaam, which occurred almost eight centuries ago. It is as if he is refuting one of the contemporary speakers of today, who is ascribed with knowledge, and who said:

"Whoever makes it an obligation on the people to be Ikhwaanee or Salafee or Tableeghi or Surooree, then he should be made to repent. So if he repents, then it is accepted (from him) but if not then he must be killed"!!! This individual made this statement on a cassette that is widespread amongst the youth, and goes by the title: "Flee from Partisanship just as you flee from a Lion."

I say: Subhaan'Allaah! How can he allow himself to include the Salafee Methodology, which is the truth, in the ranks of these innovated, deviant and false methodologies and sects? Our question to this individual who resides in the lands of Tawheed, and who has a Masters Degrees in Hadeeth, is: if you shouldn't be Salafee then what should you be?!!

The great scholar, 'Abdul 'Azeez bin 'Abdillaah bin Baaz, the (former) Muftee of Saudi Arabic, was asked: "What do you say about someone who calls himself Salafee and Atharee? Is he praising himself (i.e. tazkiyyah)?" So he replied: "If he is truthful in that he is an atharee (follower of the narrations) or a Salafee (follower of the Salaf), then there is nothing wrong with this, as this is what the Salaf would do, since they would say: So and so is Salafee, So and so is Atharee. This is a tazkiyyah (recommendation) that is necessary, a recommendation that is obligatory." [From a lecture called "The Right of the Muslim" recorded in Taa'if on 1/16/1413H]

[Note: After completing this book, I received some papers, which contained several recantations from Aa'id Al-Qarnee from some of his errors. So amongst these, I found his recantation from this error. So out of justice and fairness, I will mention his recantation of it here: "Fourteen: I said in the cassette: 'Flee from Partisanship just as you flee from a Lion': 'Whoever makes it an obligation on the people to be Ikhwaanee or Salafree or Tableeghi or Surooree, then he should be made to repent. So if he repents, then it is accepted (from him), but if not then he must be killed.' This statement was a mistake on my part and I ask Allaah to forgive me for it. I intended by saying this, whoever does this then he has introduced a (religious) law. However, it was an error regardless, and I recant from it, and I firmly believe that the way of the Salaf if the correct way that people are obligated to follow."]

Shaykh Bakr Abu Zaid said: "If it is said: the Salaf, the Salafees, and for the efforts, Salafiyyah, then those are ascriptions to the Salaf as-Saalih (righteous predecessors), which includes all of the Companions, may Allaah be pleased with them, as well as those whol followed them in goodness, excluding those who were driven by vain desires. Those who remained firm upon the methodology of the prophets (after them) were ascribed to their righteous predecessors because of that. And so they were called: Salaf, Salafees, and their ascription would be: Salafee. So based on this, the term Salaf means the righteous predecessors. When used generally, this term means: Everyone that strives to follow the Companions, even if they are in our time, and so on. This is what the scholars all agree on. So it is an ascription, which can be traced back to the Book and the Sunnah, and it is an ascription that cannot be separated for even a moment from the first generation (i.e. Salaf), rather it was from them and returns to them. As for the one who opposed them by using a different name or ascription, then no (he is not from them) even if he lived amongst them and was their contemporary." [Hukm-al-Intimaa: pg. 36]

I say: This ascription occurs numerous times in the books of biography and history. Imaam Adh-Dhahabee said in his biography of Muhammad ibn Muhammad Al-Bahraanee: "He was religious, good natured, Salafee." [Mu'jam-ush-Shuyookh: 2/280] And in his biography of Ahmad ibn Ahmad bin Ni'mah Al-Maqdisee, he said: "He was upon the Creed of the Salaf." [Mu'jam-ush-Shuyookh: 1/34]

So ascribing oneself to the Salaf is an ascription that is required so that the true Salafee can be made clear from the one hiding behind them, and so that everyone who wishes to follow them and their way, will not be mislead. So when the deviant ways and the misguided and misguiding groups increased, the People of the Truth openly professed their ascription to the Salaf. This was for the sake of freeing themselves from those who opposed them. And Allaah says: to His Prophet and the believers:

But if they turn away, then say: 'Bear witness that we are Muslims.'" [03: 64]

"And who is better in speech than he who calls to Allaah, does righteous deeds and says: 'I am one of the Muslims.'" [Surah Fussilat: 33]

He says:

"And I am not from the polytheists." [12: 108]
]

[End Footnote]

- But if it is just a claim made by someone, then it is not permissible for him to call himself Salafee, while he is upon something other than the methodology of the Salaf.

So for example, the Ash'arees says: "We are Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah" but this is not true because what they are upon is not the methodology of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah. Likewise, the Mu'atazilah - call themselves muwahhideen (believers in Tawheed).

Everyone claims to have a connection with Laylaa
But Laylaa does not affirm that for (any of) them

So the one who claims that he is upon the way of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah, he must follow the path of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah and abandon those who oppose that.

As for the one who wishes to combine between the lizard and the whale, as they say, meaning: combine between the animals of the desert and the animals of the ocean, then this is not possible. Or he may be one who wishes to gather fire and water in hand.

Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah will never unite with the beliefs of those who oppose them, such as the Khawaarij and the Mu'atazilah, and the Hizbiyoon (partisans), such as those who are known as "The Modern Muslims". These people want to unite the deviations of the modern day people with the methodology of the Salaf. And "the last part of this ummah will not be rectified except by that which rectified its first part." So in brief, these matters must be distinguished and clarified.

[Reference: Pg. 40 - 43]

Walaykum Salam

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
Ruling on belonging to Islamic groups
I am confused about the Islamic groups that exist. I believe that the Salafees and the Ahlul Hadeeth are the closest to the Sunnah.
Is it a must that you follow or belong to a group?.

Praise be to Allaah.
It is not essential for the Muslim to follow anyone in the sense that he accepts everything that he says or does, apart from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). As for anyone other than the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), we may take or leave whatever he says, as Imam Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The words of everyone may be taken or left, apart from the occupant of this grave,” and he pointed to the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

With regard to joining some group or other, there is no doubt that Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) have enjoined us to be with the jamaa’ah (main body) of the Muslims. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The hand of Allaah is with the jamaa’ah.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2167) and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani. And he said: “You must stay with the jamaa’ah, for the wolf eats the sheep that wanders off alone.” Narrated by al-Nasaa’i, 847 and classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Nasaa’i. And he said: “The Shaytaan is with one, but he is further away from two.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2165; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi. And there are many ahaadeeth on this topic.

Undoubtedly it is prescribed for the Muslim to cooperate with a group of his brothers in obeying Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) with regard to matters such as enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, calling others to Allaah, seeking knowledge and encouraging one another to adhere to the truth and be patient, etc. In this manner a person can protect himself against the Shaytaan as indicated in the ahaadeeth quoted above. This is included in the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“By Al‑‘Asr (the time).

2. Verily, man is in loss,

3. Except those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth, and recommend one another to patience”

[al-‘Asr 103:1-3]

But if what the questioner means is joining a group in the sense of thinking that this is the only group that is following the truth and that all others are following falsehood, loving those who follow this group with him and hating others – as happens with many of those who are members of these groups nowadays, then this is a kind of injustice which Allaah and His Messenger, and the believers, do not like, and which only makes the ummah more fragmented and weak. Rather the believers love all the believers, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, your Wali (Protector or Helper) is none other than Allaah, His Messenger, and the believers”

[al-Maa’idah 5:55]

“The believers are nothing else than brothers (in Islamic religion)”

[al-Hujuraat 49:10]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Muslim is the brother of his fellow Muslim.” All of these groups which are agreed upon the bases of Ahl al-Sunnah wa’l-Jamaa’ah are defending Islam one way or another. No one group has a monopoly on the truth, and the call to Allaah (da’wah) needs the efforts of all of them and more.

The believer loves and supports all the believers and cooperates with them in obeying Allaah, even if they are far away from him, and he refrains from helping them to disobey Allaah, even if they are the closest of people to him.

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him was asked about the ruling on joining Islamic groups and following the methodology of a particular group and not others. He replied:

It is obligatory on every person to adhere to the truth, what Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, not to adhere to the methodology of any group, whether it is the Ikhwan al-Muslimeen or Ansaar al-Sunnah or any other group. He should adhere to the truth. If he joins the Ansaar al-Sunnah and helps them with regard matters in which they are following to the truth, or he joins the Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen and agrees with them on matters in which they are following the truth, without going to extremes or being negligent, there is nothing wrong with that. But if he adheres to their set of beliefs and never deviates from it, this is not permitted. He has to follow the truth wherever it leads him. If the truth is with the Ikhwaan al-Muslimeen, he has to follow it, and if it is with the Ansaar al-Sunnah, he has to follow it, and if it is with another group, he has to follow it. He has to follow the truth, and help all other groups with regard to the truth, but he should not adhere to a particular way of thinking never forsaking it even if it turns out to be false or mistaken. That is wrong, and is not permitted. He should be with the group in every way in which they are correct, and not with them in the matters in which they are wrong.
Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanaawi’ah li Samaahat al-Shaykh al-‘Allaamah ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him), p. 237.

Islam Q&A

link to fatwa:
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/12491

Are you quoting a FATWA sister?? I AM... so we go by the FATWA right?

wasalam
yes brother if you have read my post carefully you will see the reference at the bottom, plus i have mentioned the name of sheihk al fawzan at the begining. and what you have posted has been taken out of context..salafiya is not a party or group...pls research for yourself

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum Brother ditta,

I think you did not understand my post. I was asking Salem for the hadhith number where he QUOTES rasoolallah. Not the fatwa as I have already pasted the fatwa with regards to this matter from Islam Q & A.

I want the evidence for the quote he atributes to the Prophet peace and blessings be upon him.
Originally Posted by Salem9022
There is noting wrong, with calling yourself a Salafi, especially today when you have so many deviant groups, such as takferies, deobandies, soufies, tablighies, khawarijites, etc. You should distinguish yourself from these deviant people and distance yourself from them since your surroundings effect the way you think. As for joining parties and groups, then that is not Allowed, but the Salafi sect was mentioned by the prophet when he said "I am the best Salaf for you". So it is permissible for you to call yourself a Salafi

I need evidence for this QUOTE!

Mumin01

I am a Muslim

All muslims have to be part of the Ahl - Sunnah wa Jama'ah

no on here needs to add anything unto their names like "Im a salafi Muslim' ect

just because deviant sects dont use the term Muslim correctly doesnt mean we abandon it, People misuse the Quran does that mean we abandon the Quran? People misuse the Sunnah, does that mean we abandon the Sunnah? Some people actually steal from pilgrims during hajj, does that mean we abandon hajj?

people here are justifying using abandoning the term muslim here just because people dont practice it properly? THEN USE IT PROPERLY! go out into the world and show people what a muslim truly and sincerely is! Stop dividing and dividing

And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, "Indeed, I am of the Muslims." ( Quran 41:33)

my 2 cents

Salaam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Salaam Alaiykum Brother ditta,

I think you did not understand my post. I was asking Salem for the hadhith number where he QUOTES rasoolallah. Not the fatwa as I have already pasted the fatwa with regards to this matter from Islam Q & A.

I want the evidence for the quote he atributes to the Prophet peace and blessings be upon him.

I need evidence for this QUOTE!

Walaykum Salam,

Forgive me dear brother, i realised this too after i posted it but i didn't re-post in the thread.

Alhamdu'Lillaah.

island muslim

As Salaam Alaiykum,

I have checked and checked and finally got to ask students of knowledge about what you speak and no one agreed with you on The quote you made as coming from Our Prophet peace and blessings be upon him.
So bring the proof of this Salem. Otherwise people will be misled due to you.

Also Sheikh Uthaiymeen had said something about this.

[yt]2v_qeMxc_vY[/yt]

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

Alhamdulillah, I am Muslim too, who try to folow Quraan, Sunnah and first and honoured generation of Muslims,Salaf us-Saalih.

May Allah guide us all to the right path. ameen summa ameen

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

I AM A MUSLIM,AlHUMDULILLAH.this is because i don't need anyone after the Quran and sunnah completes my definition of being a muslim:)
besides i choose sheikh uhtymins view over shiekh Albaani's veiw:DHe says follow the salaf but not call yourself a salafi.it is being secretarian.

Also i think sheikh albaani gave such an advice cause of his love for the salaf group.reading his work recently i've seen that he is very much against associating yourself to someone other the prophet:saw:

weakslave

Hence, the point is that naming with "Muslim" or "Sunni" is not enough, since everyone will claim that. And Imaam al-Albaani emphasised the importance of the truth being distinguished from the falsehood – from the point of view of the basis of manhaj and aqidah, and that is taking from the Salaf us-Saalih, as opposed to the various sects and groups whose understandings are based upon those of their mentors and leaders and not that of the Salaf, fundamentally.

http://salafeegem.wordpress.com/

:jazaak:

I always love the style of teaching of the previous generation of scholars :)

weakslave

I am a Muslim

All muslims have to be part of the Ahl - Sunnah wa Jama'ah

no on here needs to add anything unto their names like "Im a salafi Muslim' ect

just because deviant sects dont use the term Muslim correctly doesnt mean we abandon it, People misuse the Quran does that mean we abandon the Quran? People misuse the Sunnah, does that mean we abandon the Sunnah? Some people actually steal from pilgrims during hajj, does that mean we abandon hajj?

people here are justifying using abandoning the term muslim here just because people dont practice it properly? THEN USE IT PROPERLY! go out into the world and show people what a muslim truly and sincerely is! Stop dividing and dividing

And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, "Indeed, I am of the Muslims." ( Quran 41:33)

my 2 cents

Salaam

The question Sheikh Al-Albaani asked isn't what is your religion, because the answer to this we all know: Islam. His question was more specific, a question asked by some. "What is your madhhab". That is the question Sheikh Al-Albaani is seeking an answer to.

And he teaches us that claiming to be from Ahul-Sunnah isn't sufficient for the reasons he outlines. Claiming to be "salafi" implies automatically following the Quran and the Sunnah, and upright scholars that never deviated from the Sunnah.

It's easier than saying "I am a Muslim upon the Book and the Sunnah with the understanding of the Salaf us-Saalih".

In this manner we do not attribute ourselves to one man or his opinions. Except the Prophet :saw:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

i choose sheikh uhtymins view over shiekh Albaani's veiw:DHe says follow the salaf but not call yourself a salafi.it is being secretarian.

Sh Uthaymeen's views (rahimullah) weren't contrary to that of Sh Albaani rahimullah. If the entire text of his lecture is read this will become quite clear.

Sh Uthaymeen rahimullah was warning his students to not misuse the 'dawat us salafiyyaa' as a pretext to cause divisions (and sectarianism) in the muslims ummah by naming people as 'people of bidah (innovation)' or making takfeer on them & hunting for mistakes in them. This is in fact contrary to the teaching of the 'Dawat Us Salafiyaa'. Just because you don't agree with one person (who follows another scholars opinion) on a matter, it doesn't give you the right to slander against him or tell him that 'he is not on the way of the salaf'.

Sh Abdulllah Al Farsi Hafidullah explains the dangers of making takfeer and calling someone who does bidah. And He explains what I have mentioned above in a wonderful manner MashaAllah. Please watch below.

[yt]sOWJn_U4PU0[/yt]

[yt]RnxCccPS17Q[/yt]

This below one in particularly really funny, but just shows the erroneous ways of some extreme people. Reference to the mentioned Sh Uthaymeen rahimullah speech at the end of this video below.

[yt]yTUFtos9lM8[/yt]

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Sh Uthaymeen's views (rahimullah) weren't contrary to that of Sh Albaani rahimullah. If the entire text of his lecture is read this will become quite clear.

Sh Uthaymeen rahimullah was warning his students to not misuse the 'dawat us salafiyyaa' as a pretext to cause divisions (and sectarianism) in the muslims ummah by naming people as 'people of bidah (innovation)' or making takfeer on them & hunting for mistakes in them. This is in fact contrary to the teaching of the 'Dawat Us Salafiyaa'. Just because you don't agree with one person (who follows another scholars opinion) on a matter, it doesn't give you the right to slander against him or tell him that 'he is not on the way of the salaf'.

exactly!!that what i said.there you go!!! good things you said it all yourself:pi was expecting your reply.you just are a salafi through and trough.quite like sheikh albaani himself:)good for you.

be a salafi.follow their good views but don't consider everyone who follows some other veiws wrong:)and i understand what that lecture was about akhi.and i don't kno if i said anything contradictory to it.i follow the salaf coz they help me be a good muslim and that what i am( not the good part the muslim part:))

and i never said the two greatestest scholars were in contadiction at all.i see them in complete agreement.they only give value to following Quran and Authentic sunnah.Fullstop.

Sh Abdulllah Al Farsi Hafidullah explains the dangers of making takfeer and calling someone who does bidah. And He explains what I have mentioned above in a wonderful manner MashaAllah. Please watch below.

[yt]sOWJn_U4PU0[/yt]

[yt]RnxCccPS17Q[/yt]

This below one in particularly really funny, but just shows the erroneous ways of some extreme people. Reference to the mentioned Sh Uthaymeen rahimullah speech at the end of this video below.

[yt]yTUFtos9lM8[/yt]

i didn't check the videos.feeling lazy right now.jazakallah khairan :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

exactly!!that what i said.there you go!!! good things you said it all yourself:pi was expecting your reply.you just are a salafi through and trough.quite like sheikh albaani himself:)good for you.

It's not nice to be sarcastic when discussing a matter on religion. It can come across as rudeness to the one who it is addressed to. I felt it was unnecessary to make remarks such as 'I was expecting you to reply' or ' good for you'. Things such as these can really test someone's patience especially if they are not having a good day..

Sometimes, it is better to read your own posts as if it was intended for you, before pressing the 'post' button. Just a thought...

be a salafi.follow their good views but don't consider everyone who follows some other veiws wrong:)and i understand what that lecture was about akhi.and i don't kno if i said anything contradictory to it.i follow the salaf coz they help me be a good muslim and that what i am( not the good part the muslim part:))

Yes you did. If you re-read your earlier post you mentioned that Sh Uthaymeen rahimullah held the view that we shouldn't call ourselves 'salafi' as it is being sectarian (which is contrary to Sh Albaani's view).

What you mentioned was grossly incorrect. Rather Sh Uthaymeen rahimullah only warned his student to not use the salafi dawah for causing mischief. He didn't say anything about calling or not calling yourself 'salafi'. He warned against a creation of a sect called 'the salafis' (some people also refer to them as 'neo salafis' and what not).

And if you watch the videos I embedded on here, it will become clear.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

It's not nice to be sarcastic when discussing a matter on religion. It can come across as rudeness to the one who it is addressed to. I felt it was unnecessary to make remarks such as 'I was expecting you to reply' or ' good for you'. Things such as these can really test someone's patience especially if they are not having a good day..

uff brother i wasn't being sarcastic,not even near it.sorry!!and what's wrong if i say i was expecting you to reply:confused:last time we were discussing this the thread was closed.so i just said it.alright i'll edit that part.and i don't know why shouldn't it be good for you to like something that a a very great scholar liked:(!!you just got me wrong 180 degrees wrong:(!!anyways i'm sorry for messing things up.

Sometimes, it is better to read your own posts as if it was intended for you, before pressing the 'post' button. Just a thought...

did:(still dunno why you got offended.sorry again.

Yes you did. If you re-read your earlier post you mentioned that Sh Uthaymeen rahimullah held the view that we shouldn't call ourselves 'salafi' as it is being sectarian (which is contrary to Sh Albaani's view).

What you mentioned was grossly incorrect. Rather Sh Uthaymeen rahimullah only warned his student to not use the salafi dawah for causing mischief. He didn't say anything about calling or not calling yourself 'salafi'. He warned against a creation of a sect called 'the salafis' (some people also refer to them as 'neo salafis' and what not).

i'm not sure i can explain myself.i see no difference in what you are saying and what's in my head.except calling yourself a "salafi" part.yes i'm still not of the opnion of calling myself a salafi.it's more about following their good work that matters.names have lil importance.i follow their researches,consider them correct in most cases,preffer my Questions be answered by their view,and answer(if i can)Qs searching what they have to say.guess that enough for me!!i don't see why i specifically have to wear a salafi badge everywhere and deep inside i'm one.

it's the inside that matters to me not outside.this is strictly my opnion and i guess i can keep it:)

i will make it a piont ot watch them inshallah.

and you got my tone wrong for no good reason:girl3:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
you mentioned that Sh Uthaymeen rahimullah held the view that we shouldn't call ourselves 'salafi' as it is being sectarian (which is contrary to Sh Albaani's view).

From his [the Prophet](salalahu aleihim wa salam ) statement,

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah",

It can be learnt that if parties (ahzaab) within the ummah emerge in increasing numbers then one should not affiliate himself to a party (hizb). In the past, many groups have appeared; Khawaarij, Mu'tazilah, Jahmiyyah, Shee'ah, even Raafidah. Then there appeared, later on Ikhwanis, Salafis, Tablighis, and all those like them. Put all of them to one side and take [the path] ahead. Which is what the Prophet salalahu aleihim wa salam guided to. "Adhere to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the rightly guided caliphs." No doubt, it is obligatory for all Muslims to adopt the way of the salaf as their madhhab, not affiliation to a specific party (hizb) named, "The Salafis". It is obligatory for the Islamic Ummah to adopt the way of the salaf as-salih as their madhhab, not bigotry to those called "the salafis". Pay attention to the difference: There is the way of the salaf, and there is a party (hizb) called "the salafis".

It is obligatory for the Islamic Ummah to adopt the way of the salaf as-salih as their madhhab, not bigotry to those called "the salafis". Pay attention to the difference: There is the way of the salaf, and there is a party (hizb) called "the salafis".

i don't kno but may be we are taking different meanings of the lines in red.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70441
and reading sheikh albaani's book(i would've quoted paragraghs but i gotto make roti in about 10 mins)he keeps on repeating.Quran and sunnah,Quran and sunnah,Quran and sunnah....

heard the lecture and mashallah this sheikh's got the..."cutest" styles:)so soft mashallah.may ALLAh reward him.but he didn't say anthing about calling yourself a salafi.he only stressed upon blaming others of being innovators and kafirs....and ALHUMDULILLAH i never said anything different.since it's not my job to do so.and whatever he quoted of other scholars i came to one conclusion.the "salaf" scholars the softest and yet straighest of all the scholars i've come across.they give dawah,they don't impose their opnion on anyone,they invite youto choose,and well you choose there way anyways.magic!!:Dbe it the books or the lectures.i don't see why i should do them injustice to their hard work because i believe they are the only correct muslims so that other sects(who also believe they are correct beyond doubt)will run away before even listening to them.as i'm going to tell them i'm from another group and not yours.i don't kno about you but i'm surrounded by ppl who "strictly" follow what their forefathers follow.take immam abuhanifa for instance.he keeps on repeating.don't follow my ijtehad if you find it in contradiction to an authentic hadith.yet,they need some serious "would you please at least check this out" before they agree.(i've got my opnion that akhi abubaseer won't let me talk about it lets forget about that one shhhh!!:))and one thing more that confused me.sheikh albaani artical OP shared explains that we should tag ourselves as salafi to show the difference between us and the deviated sects.to show we follow quran and sunnah.but what about the ppl that this sheik mentioned who called themselves salafis but are not when it comes to their actions.so shall we choose another name now?why is it an issue to stick to the word 'MUsliMS" and actually show what real muslims are supposed to be like.

one last Question bhai.the sheikh kept on using the terms like bai'aa,wala.what's that???

jazakallah khairan.

(this is in no way meant to be rude,offensive or challenging,so please don't take it that way)

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!

lol

take it easy people.....

QUESTION TO ALL THOSE WHO OPPOSE THIS MAIN POST:

Why is it that a person can call themselves a shee'ah yet nobody says 'we r muslims not shee'ah'

Why is it that a person can call themselves a brelwee yet nobody says 'we r muslims not brelwis'

Why is it that a person can call themselves a hanafee yet nobody says 'we r muslims not hanafees'

Why is it that a person can call themselves a soofee yet nobody says 'we r muslims not soofees'

Why is it that a person can call themselves a maalikee yet nobody says 'we r muslims not maalikees'

Why is it that a person can call themselves a deobandee yet nobody says 'we r muslims not deobandees'

Yet why is it, when a salafee stands up and says 'i am a salafee' people attck this person left, right and center?

peo[ple have been calling themselves names throughout history and nobody rejects tp the matter... but when a salafee says 'I am a salafee' people wanna attack him/her saying 'no we shud b caling ourselves muslims'....

Just a question/thought..

Love u all for the sake of Allaah (really I do!)

*smile*