Exciting News!!!!!!!!

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Sister Revert I am a bit disappointed in your response to sister hayat84. Please forgive me if this comes across as being rude which I do not intend to be but you have involved yourself in my marriage and seem very concerned as to whether or not my marriage is accepted according to Islam yet I never asked for your advice and only posted out of happiness at my recent marriage. I expected congratulations and not the third degree. I understand that you are concerned because I am a revert and you want to be sure that I was fully aware of what I was doing but here is sister hayat84 who is actually ASKING your advice and yet you make her feel as if she should already know that information and basically you flat out refused to answer her questions. I might have misunderstood your posts but this is the impression that I am getting from what I have read. If I am wrong please correct me and forgive my error.

As for me I am sure I am legally married and in my first post I stated that I will be having a gathering to announce our marriage to family and in that gathering an Imam will be present so anything that was missing from my first ceremony can be taken care of then. This will happen very soon and my husband will talk to the Imam prior to the ceremony but really I have no doubt since the Imam is the one who referred us to the Adoul in the first place when we asked him to marry us Islamically.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

Oh Wow sister when did this happen:p...MABROOK ukhti:jumpclap:!!

may you have peace and barakah in your relationship:)and may you both get closer to ALLAH;)
lilies%20on%20green%20wedding%20card.jpg

Isra

aka Tree2008
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

Oh Wow sister when did this happen:p...MABROOK ukhti:jumpclap:!!

may you have peace and barakah in your relationship:)and may you both get closer to ALLAH;)

Jazakallah khairan. It happened last Monday. My decision to come to Morocco to live was based on 2 parts. First I wanted to experience Islam in a real Islamic setting so my thought was to move to an Islamic country. I have dreamed of reading Quran in Arabic ever since I first learned about Islam and now inshallah I have the opportunity to learn the language. The second reason for moving here is because I met an amazing brother who has strong Iman and who is kind and (well I am biased but) he is WONDERFUL so I felt a strong desire to live the rest of my life with him. Its very difficult to bring someone to the USA if you are a person who has limited means such as I was so I thought it would be good for me to come to him and in that way I am able to start my life with him that much sooner AND learn more about Islam at the same time.

Alhamdulillah Allah has blessed me so much and I will begin my Arabic lessons very soon inshallah. With Allahs blessings I will one day read Quran in Arabic inshallah!!!

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
As salamo alaikome

Sister Revert I am a bit disappointed in your response to sister hayat84. Please forgive me if this comes across as being rude which I do not intend to be but you have involved yourself in my marriage and seem very concerned as to whether or not my marriage is accepted according to Islam yet I never asked for your advice and only posted out of happiness at my recent marriage. I expected congratulations and not the third degree. I understand that you are concerned because I am a revert and you want to be sure that I was fully aware of what I was doing but here is sister hayat84 who is actually ASKING your advice and yet you make her feel as if she should already know that information and basically you flat out refused to answer her questions. I might have misunderstood your posts but this is the impression that I am getting from what I have read. If I am wrong please correct me and forgive my error.

:salam2:

I don't think the sister was being judgmental or rude to be fair to sis revert. She was just surprised (or astonished). But yeah, people need to atleast know the basics of marriage in Islam before they are part of a marriage contract, else it can lead to complications or even deception (as in some unfortunate cases).

But I can understand that information is hard to come by for new muslims. But an effort should be made to learn it beforehand and more knowledgeable folks should be sought for help/guidance.

As for me I am sure I am legally married and in my first post I stated that I will be having a gathering to announce our marriage to family and in that gathering an Imam will be present so anything that was missing from my first ceremony can be taken care of then. This will happen very soon and my husband will talk to the Imam prior to the ceremony but really I have no doubt since the Imam is the one who referred us to the Adoul in the first place when we asked him to marry us Islamically.

Well, if the ceremony was conducted Islamically in the courts, then there is no need for a secondary ceremony.

And I don't think it works that way, ie something missing in the first ceremony can be made up for in a second ceremony. Either it has been done properly the first time (and you are married) or it is done incorrectly. Repeating the same rituals twice (like "Do you accept being married to xyz ?" being asked) doesn't make sense as you are already married to him. And this could actually fall under 'innovation' in religion.

The gathering for announcing the wedding and the subsequent dinner sponsored by the groom is called 'waleema'. There are no rituals to be performed on this day. It is just like a meet and greet (and eventually eat).

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Jazakallah khairan. It happened last Monday. My decision to come to Morocco to live was based on 2 parts. First I wanted to experience Islam in a real Islamic setting so my thought was to move to an Islamic country. I have dreamed of reading Quran in Arabic ever since I first learned about Islam and now inshallah I have the opportunity to learn the language. The second reason for moving here is because I met an amazing brother who has strong Iman and who is kind and (well I am biased but) he is WONDERFUL so I felt a strong desire to live the rest of my life with him. Its very difficult to bring someone to the USA if you are a person who has limited means such as I was so I thought it would be good for me to come to him and in that way I am able to start my life with him that much sooner AND learn more about Islam at the same time.

Alhamdulillah Allah has blessed me so much and I will begin my Arabic lessons very soon inshallah. With Allahs blessings I will one day read Quran in Arabic inshallah!!!

mashallah so it's quite recent:).i thought i've missed it by an year:pwell then sister good luck and may ALLAH smile upon both of you*thumbs up*:Di hope you are able to recite the QUran in Arabic better then the arabs:SMILY252:

P.S.get the confusions cleared ukthi.i just finished reading the post.since you said you husband is a practicing muslim mashallah.so discuss it with him.atleast of knowlegde on the matter;)!!

i'm so happy for you:wavyarms:

Isra

aka Tree2008

I don't think the sister was being judgmental or rude to be fair to sis revert. She was just surprised (or astonished). But yeah, people need to atleast know the basics of marriage in Islam before they are part of a marriage contract, else it can lead to complications or even deception (as in some unfortunate cases).

But I can understand that information is hard to come by for new muslims. But an effort should be made to learn it beforehand and more knowledgeable folks should be sought for help/guidance.

Wa alaikome salam

Im sorry if I misjudged sister revert but I was going by my understanding of the post that she made.

It is very difficult to find good information and when you are caught up in the whole marriage paperwork thing that this country puts you through its easy to overlook some things. I know the most important thing was to be married Islamically but to be honest by the time all was said and done and the paper was signed by the judge (its very expensive and time consuming) we were so happy to finally just be married that maybe we didnt really ask the correct questions. However that being said AFTER the ceremony in the Adouls office I specifically asked him if our marriage is correct Islamically and he said YES IT IS so I was satisfied with his answer and had no reason to feel he would lie to me about such an important thing.

Well, if the ceremony was conducted Islamically in the courts, then there is no need for a secondary ceremony.

And I don't think it works that way, ie something missing in the first ceremony can be made up for in a second ceremony. Either it has been done properly the first time (and you are married) or it is done incorrectly. Repeating the same rituals twice (like "Do you accept being married to xyz ?" being asked) doesn't make sense as you are already married to him. And this could actually fall under 'innovation' in religion.

The gathering for announcing the wedding and the subsequent dinner sponsored by the groom is called 'waleema'. There are no rituals to be performed on this day. It is just like a meet and greet (and eventually eat).

Jazakallah khairan brother for clearing that up because actually the Adoul said a dua over us and I was asked in English by one of the witnesses (the Adoul would not marry us until we produced an English speaking witness by the way so my interest would be covered) "Do you accept being married to xyz?" and then he asked again "Are you marrying him of your own free will or have you been in any way forced or threatened?" Which I found to be rather an odd question to ask a bride at her wedding but ok........

I guess all we need to do now is have that "waleema" dinner but we are still inviting the Imam and having him say a dua over us. If for no other reason than just good luck and blessing of Allah upon us inshallah.

Thanks again brother for clearing things up for me. May Allah reward you for your knowledge. Ameen

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
congrats .......:hearts::hearts::hearts:.....dear sister may Allah give you both love and understanding, may Allah provide you every happiness in your coming life inshaAllah:SMILY252::wasalam:

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
as reverted,stranger woman to the land of my husband,I was accepted like a "queen" there,because everybody was happy about the fact that an italian woman was marrying a maroccan musli man.I have the original paper that thestfy our union.the only witness who could be there was his aunt,and in confidence,as a very in love person,when the man who declared us married,asked me how much money should my husband take apart in case of divorce,I was surprised,because I never thoght to get divorced before getting married.but my husband put 300 euro as "gift"of marriage,but we still today are like 2 children!!!Allah was enough as witness,and He is still now:ma:

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
@Isra:hearts::hearts:thanks for your solidariety:hearts:
it doesn't matter,my shame to ask was always my weak point because of this,but it's ok

Isra

aka Tree2008
@Isra:hearts::hearts:thanks for your solidariety:hearts:
it doesn't matter,my shame to ask was always my weak point because of this,but it's ok

As salamo alaikome my dear sister in Islam..........

But that was my point in my post dear sis.........you should NEVER be ashamed to ask ANY question in Islam and as Muslims we are OBLIGATED to help if we are able and it is our DUTY to answer questions if we are able to especially if the person asking is a non-Muslim or a revert and it doesnt matter how long you have been a revert if you have questions they MUST be answered by ones who know the answers. It would have been better to have remained silent and not posted at all to your question rather than to say she was too busy to answer and hopes someone else can help. I come back after 2 days to find nobody else responded to your question. In my opinion that was a shame and being Muslim means standing up to injustice no matter how large or how small and insignificant. It was important enough for you to ask even though it made you embarrassed so I thought it should have been answered. I have known this website for almost 2 years and really this is the first time I have ever encountered a problem like this. Im sorry it happened to you. If I was able to answer your question with knowledge and not just opinion dear sister please believe me I would have given you an answer but like you I am new to Islam and very uninformed.

May Allah protect and guide us all and make us remember what is the most important thing in Islam is to help each other. Ameen.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum dearest sister ISRA:D:D:D:D

OMG! OMG! subhana'Allaah!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO haaapppppyy for you girl! masha'Allaaah:D alhamdulillaaah:D

CONGRATS dear...:)

I ask Allaah to bless your marriege and to give you a long happy and joyfull life ! ameen

I ask Allaah to bless you with beautiful babies who're going to be faithful young muslims! I ask Allaah to give you good in this world and the next! ameen ya Rab:)

aaahh, subhana'Allaah!! I am just super duper happy for you.....I feel like giving you a HUGE bear hug :D (I gave you a virtual one :lol:) :D

Enjoy every bit of this new life hun, I ask Allaah to shower His mercy upon you and your family!!

oh by the way, I hope your dream of reading the Qur'an in Arabic comes true REAL soon insha'Allaah:D

*hug*

Salaam

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
what is the Waliy??when I got married at the Adoul in rabat I was with my future husband,there was a man in front of us who recited some surats of Quran and the aunt of my husband was the only witness of our marriage.we had not much money to make the "Hars".our marriage is valid and we are still now wife and husband.what is the role of the wali,if I got married only with a relative of my husband as witness?

Assalaamu alaikum beloved sister,

To my limitted knowledge, A "wali" linguistically means a guardian. Islamically, a sister has to have a guardian (her dad, brother, uncle..etc) or in the case of a Revert whose family members are all non-muslims, then her wali (guardian) is the Imam or a judge. In this way, her rights are not violated and the guardian makes sure she marries a trust worthy person. This is to my limitted knowledge. I will try to find more information for you and post on your VM because I dont want to hijack sister Isra's beautiful thread:D

I ask Allaah to bless you and your family! I ask Allaah to always keep you happy! ameen
:hearts:

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

Exciting news on TTI is only one thing.....mashallah!
subhanallah
i remember sister tree ,your first post and ur reverting and in between some problemsu were having and i prayed to make it easy 4 u (and all of us) and mashallah everytime ur committment to islam was amazing.
So Wow!
May Allah accept your hijrah for the sake of islam and Alquran and bless you in your marriage.like any concerned brother i cant help adding that first of all i hpe ur husband treats you like a princessinshallah. secondly yeah in many muslim countries marriage is more of a civil contract read secular rather than islamic so u need to be thorough on that,bcoz on TTI i read how a guy christian one bragged that he was married to a muslim woman according to moroccan law.
lastly culture is diferent from islam so dont b surprised if u cm across xamples and i hope inshallah you get to visit Medina and makkah very sooon.inshallah.

very lastly Allah is enuf for a witness more than enuf in a philosophical sense i mean he knows our intentions and how far we push to keep it islamic and ofcourse He is the Most Merciful in every sense.
:) :) :)

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
mabroouk ya sister :) inshaallah next year in these days I ll experience approximately same things there !! I love morocco and moroccan people.. many things are similiar to my culture alhamdulillah.. one thing please sister tell me what kind of papers did you prepare? as a non-citizen what they asked for the marriage presedure?

Isra

aka Tree2008
mabroouk ya sister :) inshaallah next year in these days I ll experience approximately same things there !! I love morocco and moroccan people.. many things are similiar to my culture alhamdulillah.. one thing please sister tell me what kind of papers did you prepare? as a non-citizen what they asked for the marriage presedure?

As salamo alaikome dear sister

If you plan to marry a Moroccan man I suggest to you that you try to find out what papers you will need to bring with you from your country before you even arrive here. The paperwork was incredible and difficult to say the least but Alhamdulillah Allah made it easy for us. We were told that the certificate I needed to get from the American Consulate here can take from a few days to a few months and Alhamdulillah I got that paper in less than one hour. So we were very lucky and Im sure we were blessed by Allah because of course without his help nothing can happen.

Being from the USA I needed to bring the following paperwork with me when I came to Morocco....
1) Passport
2) Complete birth certificate (in Morocco they have 2 types of BCs one is shorter version than the complete one but alhamdulillah in the USA we only have one version and it is the complete one meaning parents names are included so be sure your country has the complete one showing parents names as that is the one required)
3) Proof of income (I had already quit my job before coming as I knew I would be living here permanently but I still got a letter from my employer showing proof I worked there and it included the length of employment and what my income was. Even though I no longer worked there they accepted this paper)
4) Criminal background check from your country (and you will need to go to Rabat once you arrive in Morocco to get the criminal background check for here.....even if you never lived in Morocco this is a REQUIRED document. This document confused us so much because it didnt make sense to us to have a criminal background check from a place I had only been living for a week but you need to know you will definately NEED this document.)
5) If you are divorced you will need copies of your divorce papers and if you are a widow you will need the death certificate of your husband.

That is all you need from your country and here is the link for the documents you need once you arrive in Morocco..

http://casablanca.usconsulate.gov/marriage_requirements.html

My husband wants me to tell you its very important that once you have all your documents translated into Arabic they might tell you that you need them ALL certified but that is NOT true. The ONLY document we needed to have certified was the Complete Affidavit of Nationality and Eligability to marry which I got from the American Consulate in Casablanca when I arrived in Morocco. You DO NOT need to have that document certified in Rabat as the website information says because Rabat is busy and you will be waiting for weeks maybe months to get it certified there. You can go to the city where the marriage will take place to have that document certified. In my case it only took a few minutes to have this done. The office you need to take that document to be certified is called "Ministry of foreign affairs". Ask your fiancee to find out if there is this office in his city because not all cities have one. We got married in Agadir and they had an office here so thats where we went. You can try Agadir but Im not sure if it must be the city where you will be married or Rabat in which case it could take longer so be prepared for that.

If you plan to marry here and return to your country afterward you need to plan on at least a month or no less than 20 days here because the paperwork takes time. We saw 2 couples who planned to marry here and the bride then return to her country but their paperwork took longer than they expected and the girls missed their return flights. You dont want to pay more to extend your flight so better be safe than sorry. In one couples case the criminal background check was taking more than 3 days for them to get.

Also please MAKE SURE everything is in order and done correctly (no mistakes such as typos or other errors in the paperwork) or you will be sent back to have it corrected which can lose valuable time. This happened to one couple we saw. Poor things were so frustrated because their marriage was delayed due to just one word being misspelled!!!! The government of Morocco is very careful with the paperwork. My husband found one mistake in our translated papers alhamdulillah BEFORE we turned it in and he took it back to the translator to have it corrected in time.

Also when they send you with your paperwork to the court go directly to the governer instead of following the instructions they give you. We made the mistake of trying to do everything the way they said and we ended up losing 5 days because we waited for one secretary in the court office to give us the paper which required the judges signature. My husband talked to the governer who told him that we should have taken our paperwork directly to her so we could have been married much sooner.

Alhamdulillah everything worked out for us and I pray everything will work out for you and your soon to be husband sis. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with or if you have any other questions feel free to ask me.

Dont worry and dont be afraid just trust in Allah and know that if it is your destiny to be married to this man nobody and nothing can stop what Allah has willed. I will keep you in my dua sis. Good luck.

Wa salam.......Isra*

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

I just wanted to say Jazakallah khairan to all who responded with well wishes for my marriage.

May Allah bless and guide us all. Ameen

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
Jazakallah khair for your detailed information ya sister.. I was looking weather it is easy to marry there or here in Turkey.. I have searched the presedure here , it is also similiar... I guess it is better to make all paperwork here and when he comes with his family we can make the signature directly inshaallah..
and for your question, yeah I m a muslimah alhamdulillah :hijabi: