my journey towards Islam...

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:

mashallah we have so many revert muslim stories, can we share stories of born muslims but started practising Islam later to get motivation. let me start with mine: :D

i, sameer ahmed or ahmed_indian as known on TTI born some 25 yrs ago in a middle class family in conservative muslim society. As in most of today's societies, here too Islam was more of culture. Praying jumuah and fasting plus avoiding wine, gambling, and not hurting others are thought to be enough to enter jannah. we were not given much Islamic knowledge at home nor at school which was secular. i think the first spiritual experience was at age of 10 when we came back to live in our grandparents home which is in muslim locality.

i cant recall what inspired me to buy a book on how to make salah. was it the hearing of azaan or ... ? well, me and my brother started to learn and pray salah. attraction towards Islam increased when my grandparents came back to India and my grandmother started telling us about Allah, fruits of jannah, hell, day of jugdment, etc. she taught us surahs and zikrs as well. i remember going to the masjid for jumuah and did zikr on the beads after prayer.

Then we migrated to saudi arabia and got busy with studies, tv, games, etc. there was time for hours of movies and games but not for namaaz or Quran. making 2 rakats of friday prayer was like holding a big rock on the head. time passed and i completed my schooling and decided to take a year break. i turned 17 and ramadan was about to start and bought some Islamic books. seems that was a turning point in my life. by that time i did not even properly know 5 pillars, etc. i came across prophet's life, science knowledge in Quran, hadiths, etc. the more i studied, the more heart was inclined towards it. the mind was confused....sometimes prayed and sometimes not, sometime recited Quran and sometime not, avoided anger and left uncontrolled too. three more years passed like that and ramadan came again.

in this ramadan, i studied Islam more. and came across articles on sins and how a youth who was listening to music died in car accident but could not say "la ilaaha illallah". perhaps this was another turning point in my life. the heart was restless.what if i too died now? it was as if i could see myself dying today and tomorrow was Day of Judgment. the paradise and hell were almost in front of my eyes. that was one of the most difficult spiritual period. one side was pulling me towards Allah while other towards this world, movies, music, girls, chatting, etc. there were two different voices, one saying "how will you pray whereever you maybe? you are shy, how will you talk about Islam? its not easy to be a good muslim in this age, still you are young to have fun,etc" and other voice was shouting "be a stranger, its just a matter of few years, paradise have everything you desire, help Islam, love Allah, etc." it took maybe 3-4 months to get out of this.

the time went on with knowing about Allah and His message. then after sometime, joined Islamic forums (and TTI too :)) which gave me lots of inspiration and knowledge. may Allah bless you all. its not that i have become pure and sinfree. i have not mentioned by sins, faults and shortcomings because we are not allowed. there is still a long way to go.i want to write much more but let me close it with the following dua:

“O our Lord! Forgive me and my parents and all the Muslims on the Day when Reckoning will take place.” Surah Ibrahim

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Assalamau alaikum wa rahmatu-llahi wa barakatuhu

JazakAllahu khair brother ..............I always love to read you.
Mine case is also something like that.

I'm also born Muslim, but feel honestly good to mark myself as a revert. coz actually I'm revert. A person with a pseudo faith to main faith migration is surely can be called: revert.

I was born in Qatar, I'm actually Banladeshi.
the same thing you mentioned:
''Praying jumuah and fasting plus avoiding wine, gambling, and actions which could hurt others are thought to be enough to enter jannah''

though we were taught Quran and Salah from the very beginning, and I cant remember the time. My father tried his best to get us involved in religious stuffs, may be his prayer has granted so far, Alhamdu li Allah, Allah guides whom He wills.

though we used to pray five times, maintaining almost every things, but mostly like, others do: culture and religion mix up...I must say mess up.....
then we move back to Bangladesh, my father died......and so many problems were there....but yet I didnt get used to with Islam.

but Alhamdu li Allah, some days were like ahhhhhhhhhhh......I cant say...what happened to me.....nothing was wrong but everything was messed.....everything was okay but, it seems like messed up.

I used to do music, I had 5guitars in my house....may Allah forgive me...
I've destroyed 3guitars with my own hands.....and others two have given to someone....as those were not mine.....fully...anyways.I had a band......used to make shows/concerts....

but I couldnt find peace........nothing wa going well.....though everything was smooth.
actually peace was lacking in my soul....
how can a soul leave peacefully with pretending something...what I'm not for and .....so on...

then i start searching.....searching....for peace and finally I got that......
thats it and inshaa'Allah this is the last and the final migration for searching peace.

pray for me so that i can be occupied with the blessings I've got...........
and surely our/mine Eeman is shaky....may Allah forgive us for our sins and guide us always.

BarakAllahu feekum
wassalamu alaikum

saifkhan

abd-Allah
i'm not sure i have got any:)i'm not like those good muslims who got stories to share.i'm still struggling on the way.may ALLAH give us all istiqama and strenght to follow the right path.ameen

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatu-llah

mashaa'Allah...sister.alhamdu li Allah well said....
actually we all are struggling....and may Allah show path to one who searched for Him or the straight path/....in a word the way to be guided. and who have got the right way, they or we all should ask Allah's help to keep us stucked with this way.

JazakAllahu khair
wassalamu alaikum

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
jazakallah khayr ya brother for such a thread, i liked to read everyhting here :)

I m a born muslim alhamdulilalh.. actually i ve told my own story before , however in a tricky way :p I wrote it in the story of Laila.. actually it was my way to Islam !! hihihi here it is http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59985

:salam2: sister,

barak Allah feeki. your story and way of writing was really impressive. :) i really loved the following words you wrote in ur story:

"Ya Rab I am afraid to be far away from You. Please love me and not give up loving me. If You do not love me, there is no meaning in that life. I need Your love."

Karima80

Jazakallahu khayran brother,

It was well written and I liked the part with "and came across articles on sins and how a youth who was listening to music died in car accident but could not say "la ilaaha illallah". perhaps this was another turning point in my life. the heart was restless.what if i too died now? it was as if i could see myself dying today and tomorrow was Day of Judgment. the paradise and hell were almost in front of my eyes"
:hijabi:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
jazakallah khayr ya brother for such a thread, i liked to read everyhting here :)

I m a born muslim alhamdulilalh.. actually i ve told my own story before , however in a tricky way :p I wrote it in the story of Laila.. actually it was my way to Islam !! hihihi here it is http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59985
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

sobahnallah sister this was really Amazing:)mashallah you are a good writer.very beautiful story.

may ALLAH keep us firm and steadfast on the right path.may HE grant us HIS love and mercy.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
I think its a good story. Thanks for sharing

Jazakallahu khayran brother,

It was well written and I liked the part with "and came across articles on sins and how a youth who was listening to music died in car accident but could not say "la ilaaha illallah". perhaps this was another turning point in my life. the heart was restless.what if i too died now? it was as if i could see myself dying today and tomorrow was Day of Judgment. the paradise and hell were almost in front of my eyes"
:hijabi:

i want to kno yours too inshallah...

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

safiya58

jazak allahu ckair for this thread brother.
I hope it will be an inspiration for me since I´m since struggling to manage what you and others here have managed...
:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
jazak allahu ckair for this thread brother.
I hope it will be an inspiration for me since I´m since struggling to manage what you and others here have managed...

:salam2:,

we too are in the same boat sister. we too are struggling to walk on the right path like you.

it will be great if you too could share your story. :)

safiya58

:salam2:,

we too are in the same boat sister. we too are struggling to walk on the right path like you.

it will be great if you too could share your story. :)

no I beliefe you are way better than me in your development as muslim...
because you are struggling to stay on the right path... I´m still struggling to come to the straight path.... may Allah guide me...

well I too was born into a traditional family... I was taught to avoid the "ayip" things... but not the haram things... You know what I´m talking about...

living in a western country on the one side and in a traditional family on the other side was not always easy... I grow up in two diffrent cultures which are totally contradicting....

I don´t want to tell my whole storry. Short: I went astray... then God has guided me to the straight path... and what happened was that I could not manage to stay firm on it...