You'll never guess what my daughter did today

trying2learn

My daughter came to me this morning with her baby doll (my daughter is only 3 keep this in mind) and was upset and wanted me to make the doll 'look like a muslim like me' that is what she said, so I grabbed a handkercheif and more appropriate doll clothes and gave her a hijab, my daughter was so happy and is now carrying this long forgotten doll around and calling her "Aminah" (previously she called the doll Kelly, i dont know where she got the new name), she is so excited over this 'new look' I gave her baby, I guess I will have to break out the sewing machine to make more clothes for her doll. I had to share with you guys it was too cute!

Rashaandherdoll005-1.jpg

salahdin

MASHALLAH May ALLAH AZA WAJALLAH BLESS your daughter .

Al-Noor

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His light is as a niche wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a shining star. (This lamp is) kindled from a blessed tree, an olive neither of the East nor of the West, whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself) though no fire touched it. Light upon light. Allah guideth unto His light whom He will. And Allah setteth forth for mankind similitudes, for Allah is Knower of all things. (35) 24:35

JenGiove

That is so wonderful!!!! It goes to show you how we strive to be what we see. When we see good things, we are good things...when we see humble things, we are humble things...when we see bad things....well, you understand my point.

Kiss the little wonder and have fun sewing...maybe she can pick out the colors to use for Aminah.

trying2learn

My daughter loves to run around the house in a hijab (she call it Auntie Mona because her auntie mona wears a hijab) she was thrilled to wear her hijab outside when we went for Eid prayers, she cires when I try to take it off of her, lol. She just doesnt understand yet that you arent supposed to wear a hijab with a tank top..lol....but she is only 3 she will learn.

JenGiove

She just doesnt understand yet that you arent supposed to wear a hijab with a tank top..lol....but she is only 3 she will learn.

hehehe...we have children here who wear snow boots in heat of summer, princess clothing when going to McDonalds for lunch.....my son wants to wear his rain boots on sunny days....

ahhh children....its a good thing Creator understands them! lol!

Gnul65

masyAllah look at that cute smile on her face. take good care of her. by Allah's will, someday ur daughter will make u so proud.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

Mashallah dear sister, she is so sweet and adorable.:SMILY252: May Allah bless your daughter always,and make her good Muslimah one day.

May Allah give you baraqah in her. :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
My daughter loves to run around the house in a hijab (she call it Auntie Mona because her auntie mona wears a hijab) she was thrilled to wear her hijab outside when we went for Eid prayers, she cires when I try to take it off of her, lol. She just doesnt understand yet that you arent supposed to wear a hijab with a tank top..lol....but she is only 3 she will learn.

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

Ohhhhh mashallah.look the way her eyes shine:eek:sister you are one lucky mum;)mashallah mashallah.this is so sweet.have fun raising her as a good muslimah:)inshallah.

jazakallah khairan kaseera for sharing this with us.made my day.

can you pass her a kiss from her sister:eek:

:SMILY252:

Azizati

salam alikoum wa rahmatu allah

mascha'Allah so cute children may Allah sub'hanahu wa ta'ala bless your family and all muslim famalies and may He (swt) gives hidayah to non-muslims.
wa salam alikoum

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
wow you are a lucky person...
:mad::SD:AD
lol your children as so cute, iw ould adopt them .... if you didn't want them :p
lol
Asalamu alaikum, may Allah bless them and keep them steadfast on the deen until the end of time !
ameeen
assalamu alaikum !!!!:)

trying2learn

We went to walmart today lol, my daughter took her doll with her and we were walking through the store and a woman stopped to talk to my daughter (she was maybe 45 or 50) and she did not see her doll at first, Rasha proudly showed her the doll and the woman got this weird look (I always equate the "look" to a mixture of confusion,shock and constipation lol) and the woman said "Oh my, why is she wearing that?" pointing to the scarf over the dolls hair, my 3 year old responded "She's a muslim like me, you can't show the skin or hair when we go out...."she sniffed "it's modest, God likes that" My daughter never ceases to amaze me!

JenGiove

this weird look (I always equate the "look" to a mixture of confusion,shock and constipation lol) and the woman said "Oh my, why is she wearing that?" pointing to the scarf over the dolls hair, my 3 year old responded "She's a muslim like me, you can't show the skin or hair when we go out...."she sniffed "it's modest, God likes that" My daughter never ceases to amaze me!

ROTFL@constipation! I know that look! When I go out in my regalia (native clothing) I get "the look" as well.

Your daughter is priceless! Good for her for defending Aminah's right to be who she is!

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Thanks for sharing this wonderfull story. I think little kids are closer to Allah than most of adults and feel the truth. Hopely your child managed to put some ideas to mind of this lady.