Holy Kabaah Question

AllahHelpMe

As-Salam Alikum my Brothers & Sister in Islam.

I hope & pray that you are well & in good health.

I was just watching a live feed of muslim circling the Holy Kabaah.

Then a question pop into my mind.

Is there always people going around the Holy Kabaah?

Because every time I go to the live feed there are aways people going around.

There is at lease 1.5 billon muslims world wide, surely if there is a never ending circle of people going around the Holy Kabbah.

As-Salam Alikum

Haroun

JenGiove

There is at lease 1.5 billon muslims world wide, surely if there is a never ending circle of people going around the Holy Kabbah.

As-Salam Alikum

Haroun

Oh my! This gives me the shivers...I was wondering that same thing all day yesterday! As a non-Muslim, I know that Mecca is Haram to me, but I wondered if it was always surrounded by hundreds of thousands of people, or just during the Hajj period...(those special dates/months)....THANK YOU for asking for me!

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
@ sister JenGiove

Yes, worshipers are always circumambulating the Holy Kaaba. At the time of prayer, this process momentarily stops for all worshipers to perform congregational prayer (which is of high merit too as related from authentic traditions of Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu Alleihi Wa Sallam “One prayer in my mosque [in Madinah] is better than one thousand prayers elsewhere, except al-Masjid al-Haraam, and one prayer in al-Masjid al-Haraam [in Makkah] is better than one hundred thousand prayers elsewhere.”)

I recently had the opportunity from the blessings of Allah Almighty to perform Umrah (Lesser Pilgrimage). I went to perform the tawaaf (ritual of circumambulating around the Holy Kaaba seven times) at 3 am in the night expecting fairly less amount of people. To my surprise, I found the place to be still surrounded by devout worshipers. And my family had planned this pilgrimage in a month when there would be fairly less amount of pilgrims (which would still be staggering amount of people converging on any city/site).

My father mentioned that it is an uphill task to perform tawaaf during peak times, that being during Ramadan and Hajj, from his past experiences.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

AllahHelpMe

@ sister JenGiove

Yes, worshipers are always circumambulating the Holy Kaaba. At the time of prayer, this process momentarily stops for all worshipers to perform congregational prayer (which is of high merit too as related from authentic traditions of Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu Alleihi Wa Sallam “One prayer in my mosque [in Madinah] is better than one thousand prayers elsewhere, except al-Masjid al-Haraam, and one prayer in al-Masjid al-Haraam [in Makkah] is better than one hundred thousand prayers elsewhere.”)

I recently had the opportunity from the blessings of Allah Almighty to perform Umrah (Lesser Pilgrimage). I went to perform the tawaaf (ritual of circumambulating around the Holy Kaaba seven times) at 3 am in the night expecting fairly less amount of people. To my surprise, I found the place to be still surrounded by devout worshipers. And my family had planned this pilgrimage in a month when there would be fairly less amount of pilgrims (which would still be staggering amount of people converging on any city/site).

My father mentioned that it is an uphill task to perform tawaaf during peak times, that being during Ramadan and Hajj, from his past experiences.

Mashallah, thank you for this posting.
It helps to answer my question.

May Allah reward you for your trip to Mekkah & all of your good deeds.

Haroun

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah

As-Salam Alikum

Haroun

:wasalam:

Of course, ... people are always going around the Holy Kabaah...as UMRAH can be performed any time..
basically going around the Holy Kaaba is a part of UMRAH...so.. it is obvious that the Kahbaah is always surrounded by people..:hearts:

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

Men of Allah

Ya Allah,Ya Rahim.
:salam2:

Not only around at the holy kabaah.. All Muslims around the world face the Kabaah during prayers, no matter where they are..

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Mashallah, thank you for this posting.
It helps to answer my question.

May Allah reward you for your trip to Mekkah & all of your good deeds.

Haroun

May Allah azz zawajal bless us all with a visit to the Holy mosques and accept all of our ibadah. Ameen.

JazakAllahu Khayran..

Salam BrotherInIslam,

If I'm understanding you correctly, does this mean that you are allowed to add "Al-Hajji" to your name? or is that only for Hajj and not Umrah? or does it not matter, you went to Mecca and did Tawaaf.....ah, the sometimes confusing nuances of ritual and faith.

http://www.sacredsites.com/middle_east/saudi_arabia/mecca.html

I am not entirely sure about this. But I haven't seen people add 'Al-haaji' to the end of their names. Perhaps someone can share what they know about it.

While I was in Makkah, everyone referred to a pilgrim as 'Haaji'. Be it a shopkeeper, barber or a security guard, even though it was time for Umrah (Lesser Pilgrimage) rather than Hajj.

In our culture, sometimes we refer to old pious men as 'Haaji'. It is just to show respect and honor the person.

I guess I am looking for answers the same way you are on this one. :)

Not only around at the holy kabaah.. All Muslims around the world face the Kabaah during prayers, no matter where they are..

JazakAllahu Khayran for mentioning that. It is a sign of unity and fulfillment of the sign of Prophethood mentioned in the Torah, in which it was stated that 'the last messenger of God Almighty will face and pray towards Makkah'.

arzafar

precisely and it is happening at all times. rite at this moment, somewhere around the world, the azaan is being called and people are gathering for salah.

twas19

As salam alaykum,

Holy kaba is always encircled by muslims who visit Masjid Al Haram.But long ago there were few moments when the tawaf around holy kaba was not carried out mainly because of floodings;and once due to polotical clash between saudi royals when the grand mosque was ceased.Furthermore i say is that Holy Kaba in Mecca is connected with celestial Kaba which is called Bait Al Mamoor(mentioned in Surah Tur) surrounded by angels every single moment.

walaykum salam

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum wa rahamtu-llah

WA-LLAHI, WA-ALLAHI
you'll never find the Kaba or Masjid ul Haram empty, never, until the day of Qiyamah, inshaa'Allah
and you'll never find a single time/sec in the world, where Adhan is not being called, never, inshaa'Allah...and this is scientfically proved.

wa-llahu alim

wassalam

a_stranger

cause Thou, therefore, people's hearts to incline towards

It is a prayer of prophet Ibrahim being answered:

14:37 "O our Sustainer! Behold, I have settled some of my offspring in a valley in which there is no arable land, close to Thy sanctified Temple, so that, O our Sustainer, they might devote themselves to prayer: cause Thou, therefore, people's hearts to incline towards them and grant them fruitful sustenance, so that they might have cause to be grateful.

Translation of the meanings of Quran (Asad).

The believer feels this inclination towards that place in heart : This is what Allah sobhanahu wa taala put in our hearts respoding to the call of Ibrahim alaihi alsalam and Allah knows best.

Seeker-of-truth

people are always doing tawaaf, it only stops during asr salah where everyone must stop otherwise the people who are doing nafl tawaaf stop for all other congregated prayers but those doing umrah continue their tawaaf even through the salah