What do you think about Southpark?

xAllahKnowsBestx

:salam2:

What do you think about Southpark depicting Prophet Muhammad [PBUH] in a couple of their episodes? I know a lot of Muslims who watch Southpark and say it's no biggie but I think they just crossed the line discriminating millions of peoples' beliefs. I used to watch Southpark before but now it's seems to me that it's unnecessary and just because Freedom of Speech protects them, it doesn't mean it's morally right to go around making fun of stuff knowing it's going to cause controversy.
And also, we as Muslims are supposed to defend our Prophet and the Quran, but what about the death threats the makers got for airing it uncensored? Is that even right to threaten them like that even though they made fun of our Prophet? I wanna know your opinion! :hijabi:

:wasalam:

JenGiove

Southpark is the "Howards Stern" of cartoons and insults everyone equally. I've always hated them and always will.

AllahHelpMe

I use to watch south park before I came a Muslim.

South park is not good. They are always using violence (kenny always die) & using much inappropiate words & actions.

DON'T LET YOUR SELF OR YOUR KIDS WATCH IT!!!!

May Allah have mercy on us for our short comings. Ameen.

Haroun

DanyalSAC

It's South Park (two words). And I won't allow it to be shown in my house any more. Neither of my roommates are Muslim and they think the show is funny, but I won't watch it.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Honestly, there is nothing or no one on the face of this earth that South Park DOESN'T make fun of.

Making an issue out of it actually just gives them more attention and ends up indirectly skyrocketing their popularity. Many Muslims do cry foul when it comes to situations like this (I do believe they addressed this particular situation as well) and we're called barbarians and uncivilized because of it. Yes, we are offended by their actions but so are half a billion other people whose religious or moral beliefs are also satirized by this show. Basically, no one's safe from them and the show isn't going to get cancelled (primarily since its so notorious and notoriety brings in big bucks), so the best thing to do is just ignore people like this and pray that Allah guides them to the true path. Trust me, making an issue out of it only strengthens them and giving them acknowledgment only pleases them. Thus, they usually end up amplifying and increasing their efforts to annoy these very people because guess what? It brings in viewers and viewers mean ratings. So basically, they're LOOKING to piss people off.

As for threatening the lives of these people, well my advice is to just look at the Sahaba. The Prophet s.a.w. was ridiculed and mocked by the Quraish every waking minute of his life but the Sahaba never behaved in such a manner. It wasn't that they weren't angry or didn't want to avenge our beloved Rasul. But each and every time the Prophet s.a.w. would stop them and remind them to be patient and that Allah was the Best of Avengers and Exacters of Justice. We human beings do not have the right to take the life of anyone (unless of course it's Shariah prescribed punishment and even then to be carried out by the ruler of the land). The best thing to do is maintain patience and leave the judging and the retribution up to Allah. Plus, by behaving in such a manner, you're proving all of our critics correct when they say we're intolerant barbarians who like to act as if we're still living in the Stone Age.

Sometimes patience and behaving with class is the best dawah.

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
In Sri Lanka no Southpark.... So no worries... Heheheee

But As per above comments i would like to say it is better to not watching that programe...

xAllahKnowsBestx

Thanks for answering everyone! :)

@ShahnazZ
I don't like South Park and I don't see the point of it. What you said is so right though! There's no use getting pissed off. :p

@JeniGiove Lol, wow. XD

@aslamjiffy
Yayyy, Sri Lankans in the house! :p I used to watch South Park when I lived in Sri Lanka...It's dumb how I actually thought it was "cool" to watch it cuz my friends said it was funny. :D