Sacramento California

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum:hearts:

I was wondering if any one could tell me what Sacramento California is like?
My husband is talking about us moving there,are there any brothers and sisters living there that could let me know what it is like?:hearts::hearts: Also this is a very big decision for us,Could everyone please say a dua that Allah will guide us to the right decision. May Allah reward you all and grant you happiness and janat al firdous :tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Sister, I think one of our brothers on here lives in Sacramento, so inshaAllah he can let you know.

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum sister... yes, I live in Sacramento. This is where I took shahadah 2 years ago.

Like every city, Sacramento has its pros and its cons. Islamic speaking, I think its one of the best cities for a Muslim in on the west coast. We have halal markets all over the city, and at last count we also had 7 masajid of various types scattered about, just in the metropolitan area alone. Included among these are one on the north part of town that's considered very "liberal", with brothers and sisters mingling freely, and also one that follows the Warith Deen version of Islam not far from the one I attend, Masjid Annur. Annur has a huge membership, and our khutbahs are usually in English and Arabic mixed. Beyond Annur's parking lot to the left are 2 halal markets and the only halal pizza joint I've ever seen. When I went to visit my mother in the state of WA this summer I did a search for halal markets on zabihah.com and for the entire Tacoma metropolitan area I found no restaurants and only 2 markets; and after driving for 90 minutes to reach one I found it was closed. When I did the same search here in Sacramento it came up with 43 halal restaurants and 34 markets, alhamdulillah. It also lists 22 masajid.

If you have children, Annur has attached to it the Al Arqam school, one of the best private schools in the US - and THE best Islamic school. Its an International Baccalaureate School, one of the only IBS private schools in the United States. This year we had 5 young sisters graduate and all five sisters were accepted to every single college they applied to!

Dunya speaking, it is not a very wealthy city and unfortunately many of its inhabitants show it. Where I live on the south end seeing men with no shirts and their pants belted around their thighs with half their boxers showing is more common than someone decently dressed. Women with with their 8 kids from as many different babydaddies will cross the street in front of your car whether they have the light or not, and with an icy stare will DARE you to do other than slam on your brakes.

However the positive side of this is that it has a very affordable standard of living.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Ma salaama
D

Amina 1

Jazakaa Allahu Khayran Katheera:tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister:
Thank you so much may Allah bless you.:tti_sister: