Hajj

shaney

salaam brothers sisters inshallah planning to go hajj am in london uk there asking 4500 to 5000 pounds anyone can point me in the right direction jazakallah

Maha*

Asalamu alaikum, I am not entirely sure if you want us to direct you to a good hajj service or if you've already chosen a package in that price range and want our opinion in what to do next.. perhaps you could elaborate.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
salaam brothers sisters inshallah planning to go hajj am in london uk there asking 4500 to 5000 pounds anyone can point me in the right direction jazakallah

:salam2: Sister,

Some questions that would help in choosing the Hajj tour operator :
1. How far is the Hotel from Haram in Makkah ?
2. Are they going to shift you to another Hotel for few days(which would be far from the Haram) ?
3. Is food/laundary etc included included in your package ?
4. Is the flight direct or via ?
5. Will there be proper segregation of Men and Women in Mina tents ?

Most important, find out if the tour operator is of good knowledge of Islam , otherwise they might be annoying and you cant debate with them because you are in Hajj.

:wasalam:

AllahHelpMe

:salam2: Sister,

Some questions that would help in choosing the Hajj tour operator :
1. How far is the Hotel from Haram in Makkah ?
2. Are they going to shift you to another Hotel for few days(which would be far from the Haram) ?
3. Is food/laundary etc included included in your package ?
4. Is the flight direct or via ?
5. Will there be proper segregation of Men and Women in Mina tents ?

Most important, find out if the tour operator is of good knowledge of Islam , otherwise they might be annoying and you cant debate with them because you are in Hajj.

:wasalam:

Those questions are good But I had a little giggle on your last comment about the tour operator.

Haroun

Maha*

I've also found something similar.

I've written up the following "How to Choose a Hajj Package" for you because, unfortunately, when people choose a Hajj package they usually only look for one thing: PRICE.

In my opinion, that's a mistake because Hajj is so complex, with so many things attached to a package (like food or no food, better or worse hotel, distance of hotel, length of stay, etc.), that price can easily be manipulated if many important and essential extras are taken out.

Here are my top 5 things you should look for when choosing a Hajj package:
5. Who's the Shaykh that's coming with the group? Is it someone you trust? (Note: If the group doesn't even mention the name of the Hajj Shaykh, they are probably not putting enough effort in this category)

4. When is departure after Hajj? If it is immediate, as soon as Hajj is over, then that 'might' be too stressful for you. Better to stay a day or two after Hajj to recover, if your schedule permits.

3. Does the Hajj group care to educate you about Hajj BEFORE you depart for Hajj? Most groups do nothing of the sort, and that's a crying shame because by the time you depart, things will happen so fast that you would have wished they paid more attention to the education part.

2. How long will you be in Makkah or Madinah? Typically, you'll either be in Madinah 1 week, or half a week. Decide which one you would prefer.

And the number 1 thing you should look for in a Hajj package is...
1. COMPANIONSHIP! Who is going to accompany you in this group. Are they righteous, blessed attitude people -- or are they people you've never met before? Choose wisely, because companionship is THE most important thing to make your Hajj a truly spiritual journey.

With best wishes to see you succeed at the highest level!
- Muhammad Alshareef

Taken from here.

You could probably check with Sheikh Muhammed AlShareef's group but I don't know if registration is still open so better hurry. :)

JenGiove

Excuse my ignorance.....

do you have to have a Hajj package? I would have thought that you just flew there on your own and learned how things were done prior to going??

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Excuse my ignorance.....

do you have to have a Hajj package? I would have thought that you just flew there on your own and learned how things were done prior to going??

Definitely recommended. And yes, everyone does learn and/or take courses about the various rites to be performed prior to leaving for pilgrimage.

Some expensive hajj tours (like the one sister maha posted) have students of knowledge and scholars accompanying the people on the group during the pilgrimage. Some people prefer to have access to people of knowledge while they perform various religious rites.

Milliions of people converge over to the region during Hajj period. In order to have all the arrangements made for hotel and food, in addition to having transport to and from various places, it is an almost essential to go with a group and with a tour operator who has made prior arrangements for all these things.

Various countries even have their governments offering packages that are reasonably priced, though with inferior levels of accommodation and haphazard organization.

shaney

jazakallah for all your help ive found one for 2100 pounds were the hotel is in azizya 20-30 mins travel free transport ticket food visa inclusive package from 9th nov to 29th nov group of 50/60 with guide

JenGiove

jazakallah for all your help ive found one for 2100 pounds were the hotel is in azizya 20-30 mins travel free transport ticket food visa inclusive package from 9th nov to 29th nov group of 50/60 with guide

HOW WONDEROUS!