Why did you become Muslim ? (post your answer)

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
“Why did you become Muslim”?​

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

We ask Allaah to accept your Islam and to make you steadfast in adhering to the truth, and to guide you to that which He loves and which pleases Him.

You should understand that you have followed the right path, and that Islam is the religion of sound human nature (al-fitrah), the religion of security and happiness. This is felt by everyone who belongs to this great religion, but it is felt most by those who were drowning in the darkness of ignorance, misguidance and disbelief. The one who utters the Shahaadatayn feels something in his heart that cannot be described to anyone, hence most of them are overcome with tears of joy and happiness. Undoubtedly Allaah has given Islam a flavour and has given faith sweetness. This is what is stated in the texts of our religion. This flavour and sweetness is tasted by everyone who believes in Allaah as his Lord, Islam as his religion, and Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as his Prophet.

Secondly:

The one whom Allaah honours by bringing him into Islam may have reasons for entering it that no one else has, and he may see aspects in it that no one else sees. That is because of the greatness of this religion, and the many aspects of good that there are in it, and the fact that it is suitable for all classes of people, in all environments and all cultures. Hence a person who enters this great religion may mention reasons for doing so that no one else usually mentions, but all of them are correct answers that speak of their reality and the reality of Islam itself. You can read some of these answers and benefit from them. We would like you to tell us your own feelings and the reason why you entered this religion, because it tells us about your situation and you are best able to express that.

There is no reason why we should not mention some of the reasons why other people have become Muslim; there may be something in common between you and them.

A Bedouin was asked: Why did you become Muslim? He said: I have never seen any word or deed that reason regards as good or sound human nature (al-fitrah) indicates is right but Islam encourages it and enjoins it and the Lord of Glory permits it. And I have never seen anything that reason sees as bad and sound human nature indicates is wrong, but Allaah prohibits it and forbids it to His slaves.

Robert Dixon, the head of the American Lawyers’ Association, said: My answer to the one who asks me why I became Muslim is: Islam is the religion of monotheism, happiness, peace of mind and dignified living, if I adhere to it and apply its teachings. It is the religion of divine justice.

Muhammad Asad, the Austrian politician and author, said: It was not any particular teaching that attracted me, but the whole wonderful, inexplicably coherent structure of moral teaching and practical life programme.

Sylvie Fawzy, a French lady who became Muslim, said: In Islam I found a way of life that answers all questions and organizes man’s life in a way that benefits him and is suited to his nature, with regard to his clothing, his food, his work, his marriage, his choices in life, and his relationship with others. So it comes as no surprise that the one who adheres to Islam feels content and secure, which in my opinion are the most important factors in life.

Umm ‘Abd al-Malik, an American Muslim woman, said: I was amazed by the way in which Islam raised the status of parents.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: An Indian philosopher studied the history of all religions, and he conducted an independent, fair-minded study. He studied Christianity at length, because of the power, influence and prominence in the arts and industry of the nations that claim to be Christian. Then he examined Islam, and realized that it is the true religion, and he became Muslim, and he wrote a book in English called “Why I became Muslim,” in which he described what he saw as the advantages of Islam over other religions, one of the most important of which was: Islam is the only religion that has a true, preserved history. The one who follows it knows that this is the religion that was brought by Muhammad ibn ‘Abd-Allaah, the unlettered Arab Prophet who is buried in Madeenah al-Munawwarah in Arabia. He was astonished that Europe would allow itself to follow a religion which raised the one after whom it is named from the status of a human being and made him into a god, when they know little of his history. The origin of these four Gospels is not proven, and their dates and authors are not known for sure. They only mention a few events of the history of Christ which happened – as they say – within a few days, and they do not mention anything much about this man’s upbringing, education, childhood or youth. But Allaah decrees what He wills.

Fataawa al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem (1/48).

Yusuf Khattab – a convert from Judaism to Islam – said, when he was asked why he had become Muslim: Because Islam is the religion of monotheism. I read a great deal about it and finally I was convinced that it is the way to Paradise.

There are many words, which may be summed up as saying that Islam is the religion of sound human nature (al-fitrah), security, happiness, wise rulings, and lofty morals. Whoever compares Islam with other, distorted religions or human systems and laws will clearly see the difference, and that there is no room for comparison at all.

Mary Watson – an American woman with three academic degrees, one of which is in theology – describes the moment when the light of faith shone into her heart: I felt one night, as I was lying in my bed about to fall asleep, that something strange had settled in my heart. I sat up and said: O Lord, I believe in You alone, and I uttered the Shahaadah, and after that I felt peace and tranquillity envelop my entire body. Praise be to Allaah for Islam; I have never regretted that day which I consider to be the day of my birth.

End quote

We advise you to read the book Islam and the World:
The Rise and Decline of Muslims and its Effect on Mankind, by Shaykh Abul Hasan al-Nadvi and Islam at the Crossroads and The Road to Makkah by Prof. Muhammad Asad. All three books are available in English.

We also advise you to read true stories of people who have been guided to the Straight Path and have submitted to Allaah. These stories explain how they were guided and what their first steps towards Islam were.

We ask Allaah to make you steadfast in adhering to the truth and to help you to acquire beneficial knowledge and to do righteous deeds.

And Allaah is the Source of strength

teardrops

my reply

I became a muslim to glorify Allah my intentions are pure and my thoughts so deep. That was. Along time ago . These day I'm so sad and so lost without any true people to guide me or help me. But I treasure islam. And will love to learn this forum is helping me. A little. But without. A leader its. So hard. And I feel if one has no guidance then its danggerous and the evil *!*!*!*!an trys to guide. I want to know. Why its. So hard to find a shiekh or imam or any allem to help ?

giovannialaska

dear sister it is allah that helps people and guides 'em
guess nowadays we sould take advatange of the available sources we got especially the internet
i am not allowed yet to post addresses of websites but there are lots of them in english designed to help those who are newly reverted or who are new to islam
besides if u r married to a muslim guy, he is supposed to be at least an acceptable model to follow
hope i have at least expressed my sympathy if not help
c ya
salamualykum

Aaron Singerman

I don't think there is enough bandwidth on this site for me to explain this answer.

Suffice it to say, I was raised Jewish and got sick of the hypocrisy as I got older. I started dating a girl who was Muslim and she opened my eyes to another world.

Still a long way to go, but I'm a better man for making the change.

asmaraningtyas

i was born as a moslem, but however i didn't take islam as my religion for granted. comparing islam to other religions was the thing i have done to find the truth. and thanks to Allah that islam is the only religion which can get along with my common senses and logical thoughts.: salam2:

Fatima_ahmad

As it was mensioned above that an American woman with three academic degrees, one of which is in theology – describes the moment when the light of faith shone into her heart: I felt one night, as I was lying in my bed about to fall asleep, that something strange had settled in my heart. I sat up and said: O Lord, I believe in You alone, and I uttered the Shahaadah, and after that I felt peace and tranquillity envelop my entire body. Praise be to Allaah for Islam; I have never regretted that day which I consider to be the day of my birth.

well Islam is a true religion and today's science prove it also

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I became a muslim to glorify Allah my intentions are pure and my thoughts so deep. That was. Along time ago . These day I'm so sad and so lost without any true people to guide me or help me. But I treasure islam. And will love to learn this forum is helping me. A little. But without. A leader its. So hard. And I feel if one has no guidance then its danggerous and the evil *!*!*!*!an trys to guide. I want to know. Why its. So hard to find a shiekh or imam or any allem to help ?

:salam2:
My dear sister in Islam,

This is precisely why Hijrah (migration) is recommended in Islam. A migration for the sake of Allah (Islam) is so important that according to Hadith of our beloved Prophet Mohammad :saw: Allah (SWT) forgives all sins of a person when that person migrates for the sake of Allah (SWT), it is just like when a person converts to Islam, or goes for Hajj all his/her sins are forgiven.

So when you converted to Islam all your sins were forgiven, and now if you move to a place where there are many Muslims and Masjids then:
1) All your previous sins since your conversion will be forgiven.
2) You will yourself feel better being among the large Muslim population.
3) You will really enjoy Ramadan and Eid festivals etc.
4) Most probably you will also find educated peoples and sheikhs and Imams you are looking for.
5) And if you are not married then you might find a good life partner too.

But before you move you first need to do some research that which area will be best for you, based on your skills and education to get a descent job, and also since you are a revert so you should also find a place where reverts are also a significant portion of the Muslim population. Believe me this will help.

Our brothers and sisters here on TTI can also help you in selecting that place if you ask them. But first you need to prepare your mind then only you will gain the strength to actually do it.

You can also try an organization www.WHYISLAM.org , I think they even have offices in many cities in US. They also have a toll free phone number 1-877-WHY-ISLAM.
They can provide many different kinds of help, even in-person.

May Allah help you and protect you and keep you on the straight path to Jannah. Ameen.

:wasalam:

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

Once I had an intense hatred for Muslims out of ignorance. Inspired by tranquility and peace that I obtained listening a live Adhan from a Masjid,my journey towards Islam began and it established with Surah ''Ikhlas".

I accepted Islam by mind and heart quite early before my actual reversion but still I wasn't a Muslim by action. In the month of September 2006,I should call it miraculously, I received an Email from an Egyptian Muslim Woman who was through her Ph.d in ''Quranic Translations". Neither I knew her nor she knew me,Still I do not know how did I get her Email.
After she knew that I have read translation of Quran,she wished that I should solve an Questionnaire for her about what sort of translation of Quran do I prefer. While interaction through Emails I told her I am not a Muslim but My trust and faith in Prophet-hood of Muhammad (SAW) is established and I am faithful towards Divinity of Quran. She was surprised that after my mind and soul witness for Divinity of Islam why am I still not Muslim. I told her about my fears and lack of motivation to go ahead and pronounce "Shahada". She backed me with enormous encouragement to pronounce ''Shahada". I was now firm and determind,ultimately on October 9-2006,I pronounced ''Shahada". My soul was purified and I was a Muslim.

By Allah,Had Allah not sent her in such miraculous way I still would have remained in that dormant state of ignorance. I do not find words to thank Allah to guide me to Islam in a miraculous way. Indeed I feel His utmost favors on me.

Regards.
Abdullah.

ayesha.ansari

i have seen a lot, the new reverted muslim face a lot of problems, like they want to learn and explore islam more and more, but they cant have these much resources to get. so i thing the internet is the best resources for them to have in touch, and get each and every thing from,,

hayat_yahya

Nothing more, Nothing less

assalam.gif

I like to call this “my story” and I like to keep it simple; I don’t have an amazing reversion story thus I don’t have much to say when people ask me about it. I like to say that “it just happened”, how amazingly can this “happening” be; it is a result of “coincidences”, definitely, a smooth way to Islam
hamdulila.gif

What began as a simple intellectual curiosity, has matured into a certainty of universal and eternal truth of Islam. The idea of Islam overcame me as the only possible alternative. I started step by step, in spite of myself and my prejudices, and almost unconsciously, to feel and think that I became Muslim. I was pleased that I was not alone, but I was located, unknowingly, in a great tradition. And this without denying anything. I just let aside what had always annoyed me. We do not convert to Islam, one embraces a religion that encompasses all the others … It was therefore not a conversion, but a reversion to the religion of all prophets. I think I was a Muslim without knowing it, sometimes you’re born like that. Allah gave us free will and destiny from birth. And it is this destiny that led me to Islam. God chose me, so I make part of those who submit to Him. I testified that there was no god but Allah and Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) is His messenger. In Islam, everything was clear, rational. I like to say that Islam is like a masterpiece of architecture. All its parts are harmoniously conceived to complement and support each other. Nothing here is superfluous and nothing lacking, with the result of a perfectly balanced composition flawless.
Islam is a religion that is applied every day. Among Christians, it is just on Sunday.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:

What a wonderful post indeed sister HayatYahya. :ma:
Jazakallah Kahir Sister. May Allah give you a lot of ajar and bring you much closer to Him in this world and in the hereafter. Ameen.

:wasalam:

ayesha.ansari

Mashallah, we can see that all over the world, a high percentage of the people are converting to islam, the reason is just that, they find reality in islam AND QURAN... AND AS WELL, THE SPECIAL BLESSING OF GOD OVER THEM,,,,Mashallah

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

One day I read Quran and Allah put the light of understanding in my heart. It was 9 months later and I took my shahada. That was 2 years ago this month and I havent regretted one single day. My only regret is that Islam didnt enter my life sooner. Allahu Akbar!

Isra

aka Tree2008
You can also try an organization www.WHYISLAM.org , I think they even have offices in many cities in US. They also have a toll free phone number 1-877-WHY-ISLAM.
They can provide many different kinds of help, even in-person.

As salamo alaikome

Jazakallah khairan brother for posting this link. I found the website to be very interesting and informative. I sent the link to my son who is not Muslim but has shown some interest. May Allah guide him to Islam and make him a Muslim. Ameen.

hmmm

lol I honestly INTENDED to remain pagan:astag:, but decided against it after having my daughter:muslim_child: and looking more into the religion.
I INTENDED on converting to catholocism:tti_sister:, but had trouble holding to that religion due to the lack of faith when trying to grasp it.
:ma:Islam was introduced to me thru my own inquisitive nature and wondering why the women cover:)blackhijab:lol) I bought the idiot's guide and a copy of the quran:)SMILY47: which I still own) and read. I liked it, so I bought more:ma: and did more research. I liked it soo much I decided to take shahada and become muslim.
:hijabi:a.k.a. ALLAH MADE ME DO IT.:salah:

tariq353

lol I honestly INTENDED to remain pagan:astag:, but decided against it after having my daughter:muslim_child: and looking more into the religion.
I INTENDED on converting to catholocism:tti_sister:, but had trouble holding to that religion due to the lack of faith when trying to grasp it.
:ma:Islam was introduced to me thru my own inquisitive nature and wondering why the women cover:)blackhijab:lol) I bought the idiot's guide and a copy of the quran:)SMILY47: which I still own) and read. I liked it, so I bought more:ma: and did more research. I liked it soo much I decided to take shahada and become muslim.
:hijabi:a.k.a. ALLAH MADE ME DO IT.:salah:

:salam2: sister

Masha'allah.....

"To whom Allah Guides none can misguide"

wa salam