DISCOVER WHAT U HAVE!

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
Assalamalaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barkatuhu :hijabi:

Praying & Hoping everyone is in best of health & Imaan, Inshaallah
below is Mashaallah, a very beneficial article I came across, Its a Must & worth-read, Though its a bit lengthy, i request everyone to please take time, be patient & read it & DISCOVER what U have..:)

When we reflect that there will be an end to our life, the same way the life of all those who once walked upon the earth came to an end, surely no one’s life is an exception, all will surely come to an end and we are within a time scale. When we reflect at this, shouldn’t it cause us to ponder at what we have done to prepare for the meeting with our Lord? To some it causes them to rush and do righteous action to gain the pleasure of Allah. The ways of doing righteous actions are many, and we should embark upon those paths of goodness seeking nothing except the pleasure of Allah and hoping to be counted among the righteous servants of Allah.

One of the salaf wrote a letter to Imaam Malik encouraging Imaam Malik to stay away from the people and to isolate himself from people and devote himself to worship, and reminding him that he has reached a high level of knowledge and that he doesn’t need to be intermingling with the people, for they will remind him of the dunyah. So Imaam Malik responded to the letter saying '' oh my brother there are some people whom Allah subhanaAllahu wa ta'al made easy to participate in Jihad and there are some people whom Allah has made it easy for them to make plenty of salah, and there are some people whom Allah has given Tawfiq (Ability) to give a great deal of sadaqah, and there those whom Allah has made it easy for them to make hajj and there are those whom Allah has made it easy to seek knowledge and teach, and I am from among those whom Allah has made it easy to seek knowledge and teach and I am pleased with what Allah has made easy for me. And I don’t think that my reward is any less than your reward, both of us will be rewarded likewise''.

This is a reminder that we should discover what Allah has made easy for us by way of doing good, or any praiseworthy qualities or capability He has favoured us with. Whatever Allah has favoured you with, it may a deed for which you are able to do it to its perfection by which it becomes a means for your salvation and success in this world and in the hereafter. The doors of virtue are indeed many, so look closely oh seekers of good, for what Allah has favoured you with, and do not despair if Allah has favoured others with some deeds of virtue, for you’ll discover what you’ve been favoured above others.

Through-out our day, there are some form of good we can all do, Allah has indeed been merciful to us that ways of doing good is not just restricted but rather its door is vast. And if we have been unprivileged or missed any opportunity of doing good from one door, Allah subhanaAllahu wa ta'al opens another door through which we can embark upon and benefit from its reward. From the mercy of Allah there are easy actions for which the reward is multiplied. So we should remember not to let what we can’t do stop us from doing what we can do. And every person can do something of virtue with what he has ability in doing.

Those whom Allah has blessed and made voluntary deeds like prayer, fasting and charity easy, is a great blessing, imagine due to abundance of prayer or abundance of fasting or abundance of charity you reach the level of the truthful and martyrs, so what a beautiful door it is to reach this lofty station. So if the door of martyrdom is not opened for a person, he has a way to reach that lofty station through the virtue of some deeds.

The person who is dedicated to his voluntary prayer, it maybe a door for him to accompany the prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam due to his abundance of prayers and prostrations. But for him who finds it hard to engage in voluntary prayers, and he desires to accompany the prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam the door of beautiful character maybe a hope for him, the prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam said 'among the dearest of you to me and those who will sit closest to me on the day of judgment are the best of you in manners (Tirmidhi).

There are some people whom Allah has blessed with wealth and this is an opportunity for them to draw close to Allah by giving more in Sadaqah. As for those who have not been privileged with wealth, out of the mercy of Allah the ways of giving charity are many. Abu Dharr, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that some of the Companions of the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alayhi wasallam, said to him:

"O Messenger of Allah, the rich have taken away all the rewards. They observe the prayer as we do, and they keep the fasts as we do, and they give sadaqah (charity) from their surplus riches." Upon this he (the Prophet) said: "Has Allah not prescribed for you (a course) by following which you can also do sadaqah? Verily in every tasbih (i.e. saying Subhanallah) there is a sadaqah, every takbir (i.e. saying Allahu Akbar) is a sadaqah, every tahmid (i.e. saying Alhamdulillah) is a sadaqah, every tahlil (i.e. saying Lailaha illallah) is a sadaqah, enjoining of good is a sadaqah, forbidding of evil is a sadaqah, and having sexual intercourse with your wife is a sadaqah. They (the Companions) said: "O Messenger of Allah, is there reward for him who satisfies his sexual passion among us?" He said: "Tell me, if he were to devote it to something forbidden, would it not be a sin on his part? Similarly, if he were to devote it to something lawful, he should have a reward.'' (Muslim)

So one should not despair, if one of the ways of surpassing others in good deed is closed, let him rejoice at the other doors that is opened for him. And if he falls short in being steadfast upon righteous deed, then the door to his salvation may lie in abandoning sins. It is reported from ‘Â`ishah – May Allah be pleased with her– that she said: You will never meet Allah with anything better for you than having few sins. Whoever wants to surpass those who exert themselves in worship, let him stop himself from numerous sins. Ibn Al-Jawzî, Sifah Al-Safwah Vol.1 p319.

And those whom Allah has given tawfiq to perform hajj they have indeed been blessed. But those who yarn to perform hajj and have not yet been blessed, there are other ways for them in attaining the reward of hajj. The prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam said "Whoever prays al fajr in congregation, then sits remembering Allah until sunrise, then prays two units of prayer, has a complete reward of Hajj and `Umrah [The Prophet,
sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam, repeated the word 'complete' three times for emphasizing]." [at-Tirmidhi, classed as Saheeh by al-Albani]. And also in another hadeeth the prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam said "Whoever goes to the mosque not desiring except to learn or teach what is good has the reward of a pilgrim who completed his Hajj." [at-Tabarani, classed as Saheeh by Al-Albani].

What a blessing, to know that there are other deeds of virtue that holds a mighty reward like that of hajj, so oh seekers of good, glad tidying for you, rejoice at that this blessing.

What about those who search for the door of Jihad, for its reward is indeed great, but how many of us have perfected our obligations that have a higher level of reward then jihad or obligations that have similar reward like that of jihad. One's striving in doing good to one's parent has been favoured over. Abdullah Bin Mas’ud narrated: “I asked the Prophet, ‘Which deed is the dearest to Allah?’ He replied, “To offer salaat (the prayers) at their early fixed times.” I asked, “What is the next (in goodness)?” He replied, “To be good and dutiful to your parents.” I' again asked, “What is the next (in goodness)? “He replied, “To participate in jihad in Allah’s Cause.” (Bukhari).

How many brothers would rush to be in the front line in the battle field? However when their parents ask them a simple thing, they fall short in obeying and slow in pleasing them. So the one who sincerely desires the reward of Jihad, let him find his parents and strive in doing good to them.

Those who seek for the reward in teaching the community and bring about its rectification, have the capability despite his level of position, if a person finds he doesn't hold a position of an Imaam in the community to make changes or teach the people of the community, he should realise he has the position of leadership in his home to make positive changes which could influence the goodness of the community. So when the people of his household interact with those in the society, they may benefit others with their good manners and sound Islamic knowledge. The rectification of society begins within our home, and the rectification of our home begins with rectifying ourselves and cultivating our soul upon righteousness. So the door of rectifying and benefiting the community is opened to everyone, it is just a matter of realising it, and it may be that for some of us the widest door in bring about a great benefit to the community, could simply be through our action, as the saying goes actions speak louder than words. Sometimes our action may have a big impact on people and those who carefully observe our actions do so seeking indirect approval or disapproval of their action, so if they see us doing sin, they will also do it, justifying their action by using us as example.

If we study how prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam taught the companions, we will find that some of the hadeeth collection are narration of his actions, so the companions benefitted greatly from observing the actions of the prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam. This goes to show, you can teach and benefit the people through your actions and you can be a teacher of goodness to the people simply by your action. So oh seekers of good, be weary of your actions and display the best of your character and beautify to the eyes of the people the beauty of the Quran and Sunnah

So in whatever circumstance we find ourselves in or whatever abilities we possess, we can utilise them in bringing some goodness to our akhirah inshaaAllah. Everything that surrounds our life is a blessing and an opportunity to draw close to Allah. And if we search deeply enough we will discover the treasure that Allah has placed in our life by way of doing good deeds, we may not even have to look further in achieving great rewards. And if we are deprived of one door of righteous actions, we should find other doors that are opened for us by way of doing good. There is wise saying 'when one door of happiness closes another door opens, but often we look so long at the close door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. And this is the case for some of us, when we find one door of doing righteous actions closes; we stand there at the close door disappointed, instead of finding other ways of doing righteous deed. It maybe that the door of good was closed due to our sins, but the one who realises this will embark upon other ways of doing good deeds through which it erases his sin and then becomes a reason for the door he was seeking to open for
him.

So we should never overlook any deed no matter how small it may seem, sometimes it could be the small deeds within your reach and we have capability in doing that may lead to our success and salvation. Our problem is that we seek to do things that are not within our reach and we become negligent or even overlook those things that are within our reach or capability, and then only finding ourselves regretting at an opportunity of doing something of a great virtue. And there goes a saying ‘you don’t know what you have until it’s gone’

So discover what Allah has made easy for you in surpassing others, or what qualities or capability you have been blessed with through which you can show gratefulness to Allah for it by doing righteous actions, in hope Allah showers His mercy upon you, and enter you in the garden of jannah.

MayAllah give us the ability to discover the treasure He has bestowed upon us and open our sight to see the countless blessing He has placed upon our path to reach Him, Ameen.
May Allah send peace and blessing upon the prophet sallahu alayhi wa salam and his family and companion and upon all those who follow them until the last day. AMEEN

JAZAAKALLAHU KHAIRAN WA KASEERAN

Stay Blessed...always, Inshaallah :hijabi:

AllahHelpMe

Mashallah.
That is very good & true.

Can no one please qoute the whole first post because it is very long. Thank you

Haroun