trapped

MaybeMe

I converted to Islam and now I feel trapped by society. I cannot trust many people because ignorence is all around me and they won't change. While in hajab I was spit at and my car was covered ( driver door and window) in spit. I can feel the hateread of people when Islam is mentioned. My instructors don't want to know or here the truth. They want the US media truth.
I was just hired at walmart and a man used a dressing room to pray and they acted like he put a bomb in there. I was not here at the time but if I was I would have told them all off that freaked out.
Its just not an easy road to be on and somedays I wish my life was just more simple. Not that I would ever leave my faith. Its just hard being a Muslim in America.

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum,

It is very hard to be surrounded by disbeliever's. I also feel very isolated. It is a test from Allah (swt) do not be discouraged, When I first put on the hijab , It was very hard people staring and putting trash on my car but those were random incidents. There are a lot of people who go out of there way to be nice. I am used to my hijab now so I really do not notice if the people stare to much nor do I care. Our manners and good behavior might lead to someone converting we are the flagbearers for Islam!! Do not lose your faith or your hope because of some ignorant people , You should be proud and walk tall because Allah (swt) has led you to this perfect religion Islam!!:hearts::hearts::hearts: May Allah(swt) grant you strength and peace :tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

First congratulations on your reversion.

Ease into the faith. Let love be your shield. When you see others always smile. You are the representative of Love. Be kind and when you step out believe that all will go well.
You are never alone the angels of Allah are always with you.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
I converted to Islam and now I feel trapped by society. I cannot trust many people because ignorence is all around me and they won't change. While in hajab I was spit at and my car was covered ( driver door and window) in spit. I can feel the hateread of people when Islam is mentioned. My instructors don't want to know or here the truth. They want the US media truth.
I was just hired at walmart and a man used a dressing room to pray and they acted like he put a bomb in there. I was not here at the time but if I was I would have told them all off that freaked out.
Its just not an easy road to be on and somedays I wish my life was just more simple. Not that I would ever leave my faith. Its just hard being a Muslim in America.

:salam2:

You have to be patient and tolerant and show to them the beauty of Islam. But if you feel that you are facing too much trouble and you don't feel safe, you might just want to relocate to a city where there is a bigger Muslim community. The path of truth was never easy. People mocked at and insulted and hurt the prophets (peace and blessings upon all of them). If the acceptance of truth was so easy than the Ummah around the globe wouldn't have had much trouble establishing Islam in this world. Sister, have faith in Allah and always ask Him, The Almighty to help you. Allah will definitely help you.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

First of all sister Mabrook on your reversion Masha'Allah.may Allah make the path to which he guided you,easy for you.

i don't have anything to say.the brother and sisters have advice you very nicely Masha'Allah.just be steadfast and brave.Allah will help you out.Remember that you are the follower of a very beautiful deen where on every pain,every hardship you recieve rewards from your Lord,if you are patient and have faith in Allah.

JenGiove

MaybeMe,

Sister, please know that not all non-Muslim Americans are like the ones you have experienced. I recommend the suggestion of relocation into a larger Muslim community, or even just a smaller town. My city is large but extremely tolerent and there are several businesses that are owned and operated by Muslims. IslamicFinder.com can help you locate Mosques, Community centers and businesses that would help you better. PLEASE, don't allow the hate deter you from following what is in your heart and spirit. Hate is not a trait of the Creator. Neither is intolerence.

"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever is not kind has no faith"-Muslim

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
First of all Welcome back to Islam and u r not converted... U r reverted coz every newly born baby is Islam....
And
Dont worry at all.......... Be patiant and always remember that allah swt is with u.... No matter who insult u or spit on u.... It means if they do so ur rank will increase (Dharajah) Insha Allah in future they will realise that u r correct... but all u need to do is be patciant and be kind even for spitters..... Everything will be ok...

Also brothers and sisters in Islam.... Pls make Dua for a her...

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Allahu Akhbar!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:
:salam2:

~May Allah swt help and guide you sister.

Allah does not impose on any self any more than one can stand. (Surat al-Baqara: 286)

Al Baqarah 286 - English Transl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYcZSh3Qy_0&p=C7325D2E61E7E7FC&playnext=1&index=7

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam .

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I hate kaffers, and american people.
Stay strong, and don't let them get the best of you, or it is you who lost.

:salam2: my dear brother,

Let's not vilify an entire nation of people for the action of ignorant (and evil) few. Many of them are tolerant, open minded and friendly to Islam and muslims.

And you must have heard a famous statistic that around 20,000 of them convert to Islam every year. Therefore it's not fair to judge them in such a manner and make them the focal point of all our anger and hate.

It might upset us when we hear about incidents where muslims are being mistreated and hurt on these lands. But that is part and parcel of living in a non muslim land (some might even argue it's not worse than some muslim countries). Muslims can take such hate crimes in to court and get the offenders punished. The judicial system has in the past ruled in favor of muslims, when their rights were violated.

Also, this website was created to give dawah to non muslims about Islam. If they were to feel (or read) that we hate them, they would most likely feel uncomfortable and leave this website. Therefore, we should keep that in mind InshaAllah before we post something.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

Asslaaamu alaikum dear sister,

I live in America as well....but my state is very tolerant with Muslims!! and in fact in some cities Muslims are the majority! alhamdulillaah......So its just SOME states that are intolerant (not all people though) stay patient and treat them kindly. Be an example to them and show them that Islam is not what they heard/saw on the media:)
THIS IS YOUR BATTLE....win it with EXTRA kindness, gentleness, and fairness.
Always remember...YOU represent ISLAM.............Show the right Image:)

Stay strong for Allaah and His deen, and I believe you can and will win this.
I ask Allaah to make it easy for you.....:)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assaaam walaikum,

Yesterday I was in one of the most well known shopping centers in the world. And I saw two Muslim women. One American white revert and one that was something in the Middle Eastern range. The young Middle Eastener gave me a very quick smile..she did not want to be seen smiling at another Muslim and the white revert went out of her way not to make eye contact with me. She side-stepped me.
The women who smiled and exchanged salutations were non-Muslims. The fear of Allah was with these women.

The love of Allah does not belong excusively to Muslims.