• i'm not sure, but it could've been islamophobia

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • what islamophobia?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i'm curious to know how islamophobia has effected the brothers and sisters here on TTI. what experiences do you all have or have you ever experienced and what do you think has to be done to dispel the negative stereotypes people have about islam.
:wasalam:

AllahHelpMe

As-Salam Alikum

I have some bad experience with people, just because I am Muslim.

I have been verbaly attack & physicaly attack because I am Muslim.

Al-Humdulah.

Haroun

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
As-Salam Alikum

I have some bad experience with people, just because I am Muslim.

I have been verbaly attack & physicaly attack because I am Muslim.

Al-Humdulah.

Haroun

i'm very sorry to hear that. i usually get suspicious looks and numerous stops at the airports.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Ughh, always...

The day I started wearing hijab to school I lost a couple of friends for obvious reasons. I'm glad, haha. :D && I used to get a lot of mean comments in school, especially in middle school. I hated middle school so much cuz I used to get bullied a lot about my hijab all the time. But now in high school it doesn't happen as much. Although I do get the occasional "So do you like stick bombs up your scarf thing?" or the classic "Go back to your country Arab!" [I'm not even Arab, lol] but anyways, I could go on and on about the Islamophobic stuff that happened in middle school but I don't wanna bore you so I'm gonna shut up. :D :D

Peace! :hijabi:

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

Islamophobia in westren socities is a fact.
Personally, beside the usual stearing that makes you so uncomfortable I was not a victim of direct islamophobic suff (May be because I'm 6 feet 3 :D).

This phenomenon is spreading because Muslims communities are scattered and have no influence whatsoever in the societies they are living in. In my opinion, Muslim in the west have only two options:

First, they should leave the ghettos where they have been gathered and seek to penetrate those societies through high level education, successful business, politics, etc and this will not be possible unless they act as one community. The day when those communities will be able to get a news anchor star fired because of his/her islamopjobic comments
(as the jewish community did to rick shanchez, Octavia Nasr, etc) then the west will be a good place for Muslims.

Second, they simply should leave and I believe in this alternative the most because the first scheme is unfortunately less likely to happen!

Wassalam

elysetexel

Here is it on the news, on the radio, at work, on the streets. It's everywhere. Especially now that we have the most Islamophope in the convernent, he wants that the Qu'ran to be forbidden in the Netherlands.
Its really shocking. Sjeik Khalid Yassin was even shocked by the way mister Wilders talks about Muslims. And this affects al over Holland.

Very sad

Al-bint

Smile! It's Sunnah!
salaam alaikum,
being raised up in a muslim spciety i hav not been abused verbally or physicaly, Alhamdulillah...
but yes, while i wz studying in high school (a convent) have faced some circumstances where i cud make out the disgust of the sisters(christian) towars me..... cz Alhamdulillah i wz 1 among the few who used to wear hijab!

jazakallah...

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
my biggest mistake was to have given my friendship to our neighborous.they knew that we are muslims,but from some months they treated us like strangers.the wife of him(the neighbour)is making us the war for a foolishness,one day she put a picture of Maryam(AS) on the common wall of the stairs.I obliged her not to make me see that image everyday,because we are muslims and we must be respected as we did with her.
the last dispute with our neighbours came some days ago,in which she claimed my husband to move his vehicule from the parking of the common garden because she had to work on Sunday.At that point,I was tired to tolerate her words and she was taken from the anger,so that she ran up the stairs and pulled my husband from the jacket to make him fall down:I came to defend him and she hit my face and went down telling me that I was a prostitute(she told another vulgar word).
I tested islamophobya but I fight with my nails and teeth to defend my religion and that of my children.When I asked to the woman why did she hit me and pushed my husband risking to kill him,she stupidly responded that she regretted that she didn't kill him.I everytime bit my tongue before to talk,but in a matter like the honour and the protecion of my blood,I can't stop.

JenGiove

my biggest mistake was to have given my friendship to our neighborous.they knew that we are muslims,but from some months they treated us like strangers.the wife of him(the neighbour)is making us the war for a foolishness,one day she put a picture of Maryam(AS) on the common wall of the stairs.I obliged her not to make me see that image everyday,because we are muslims and we must be respected as we did with her.
the last dispute with our neighbours came some days ago,in which she claimed my husband to move his vehicule from the parking of the common garden because she had to work on Sunday.At that point,I was tired to tolerate her words and she was taken from the anger,so that she ran up the stairs and pulled my husband from the jacket to make him fall down:I came to defend him and she hit my face and went down telling me that I was a prostitute(she told another vulgar word).
I tested islamophobya but I fight with my nails and teeth to defend my religion and that of my children.When I asked to the woman why did she hit me and pushed my husband risking to kill him,she stupidly responded that she regretted that she didn't kill him.I everytime bit my tongue before to talk,but in a matter like the honour and the protecion of my blood,I can't stop.

Sister Hayat84,

How AWFUL! What idiots! and For one woman to call another woman the slang word for a prostitute is unforgivable. I hate that word the most. Call me anything else but that word sets my skin on fire! I hope your husband was uninjured.

Next time, bite her! Leave your mark on her... :)

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Sister Hayat84,

Next time, bite her! Leave your mark on her... :)

LOL.... That will be good punishment for that neighbor hahhaaaa

By the way in Sri Lanka for me did not experiance .. But some Kafir people doesnt like to see the people who practices Islam well. Specially Christians and NOT Catholics.. Roman Catholics doesn't mind this.........

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

Way back there was a person at my first work-place, he used to say as taunt to anyone whom he disliked or made any mistake as - ' are you a man or a muslim ?'.. subhanAllaah. I had two-three discussions with him over it and later he agreed to leave making such or other similar comments.

The islamophobes creeps the matters so badly into the peoples' minds and so then they speak or act fluently whatever they wanted to,.. disgusting! such events and remarks are widespread at the job areas,educational institutions, offices and so on.

AllahHelpMe

i'm very sorry to hear that. i usually get suspicious looks and numerous stops at the airports.

I have only left my home country once; to go to malayasia.

I change name to more of a Islamic name.
Then I applied for my passport, that took 4-6 weeks, normally 2-4 weeks.
Then when I left the country I got stoppped & search. (what are you doing? Where are you going? What mosque do you go to?)

When I got to malayasia, I just straight into the country. Al-humdulah.
No problems out all.

When I came back to my country. I got stop again,.The same thing happen again. I did have photo's, hotel reciepts, bus pass to back up where I went.
The worse thing was that my mum was waiting for me outside. I was held for over an hour & they didn't tell my mum. She was starting panic after a while.
I think what also help was not talking Islamicly, i mean talking like a local, with local slang words.

About 1-2 weeks after I got back into my country. I had 2 visit's from the Federal police. Both times it was the same police & the funny thing was I played a soccer(football) game against those to police in 2008, in a Muslim vs police game. By the way, the game was a draw 2-2 :-/

I have also been physicaly attack, when a teenager tried to smash a glass bottle over my head. This happen behind the local mosque. I told the police but nothing happen afterwards.

Al-humdulah all is a lot better for me now :)

Salam

Haroun

kayleigh

None of the options fit me... I've been yelled at and called names a few times when I tried to wear hijab, but it wasn't really a big deal. I mean, I run into plenty of idiots but I've never been attacked or denied a job or something because of it. But that's most likely because I live in a very progressive city, I don't wear hijab, and I'm white. So unless I told you, you'd never know I was Muslim by looking at me. I get way more discrimination, rudeness and attitude from Muslims than non-Muslims, oddly enough lol

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
@ JenGiove,my husband only regretted that she pulled his jacket until she broke it.but he said the fact to the police and they adviced him that any time they come to knock to our door,we mustn't open them,we must call the police if they disturb us,also to be protected from any other attach,because if she had hit my glasses,she would have broken my nose and I can't allow this,because I have three children to take care.I say honestly that if that woman had the half of her years,I wouln't had stopped,because there some things that I can't tolerate.As italian woman I get ashamed to have some bad people as neighbours.:wasalam: