what is your name? what does it mean?

sajjuaiah

Interesting

As-salaam alaikum,

Very interesting subject.

I can see brothers and sisters have very beautiful names.

My names is : Sajid = The one who makes Sajood.

May Allah keep all of us happy and fine.

Jazakmullah Hu-Khairan.

islam_mydeen

Assalam Alaikum,

hehe.. i know this thread is like really old.. but there are some pretty awesome names in here Masha'Allah..

my name is salsabila.. which is a fountain/spring in Jannah

76_18.png

From a fountain therein, named Salsabil.
Ayah 18 - Surah Al-Insaan

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
I have a hinduist name,even if I'm italian.it is SUNDARI and it means Beutiful shape of God".I know that Allah has no shape,but I must bear this sinful name until my death.may Allah forgive those who gave me such a name...I chos Hayat as islamic name because I wanted to start a new life,far from mushirk and ignorance:wasalam:

JenGiove

I'm not sure what is meant by "original" names but I too have a different name. My parents may have named me "Jennifer" which according to Wiki Answers means:
1. White Wave
2. smooth; white; fair
3. Fair one. It is a variant of the name Guinevere, who was King Arthur's queen.
4. "gift from God".

...But my Indian name is Fire Dancing Turtle. Native American's receive their names in many different ways. In Visions, dreams, by trusted Elders, by their deeds. My name came in a vision while I was staring at the stars. My vison had a turtle, standing on 2 feet, crossing a fire pit like a fire walker does and exiting a cave. Since uncontroled fire is my greatest fear, my name is talking about how I try to fight through my fear to make it to the other side and out into the light.

...quite interesting since now I am a Fire Keeper of the Sacred Fire for powwows. :) A rare thing for a woman, let alone a white woman. I'm not native by birth but by marriage. (similar to being a convert)

Azizati

salam alikoum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

well, my name is zineb
that mean a beautifull tree with good odor.

it's also the name of wives of our prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) and also his daughter alayhi ssalam.

wa salam alikoum

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
beautiful thread...
eat up my 15 mins lol but interesting ....
my name is saima sadia....
saima means fast , saber observing woman ,
sadia means lucky,
but here put my father or family name abdullah with my name:) coz i love this name

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum wa rahmatu-llah

My name is Muhammad Saiful Islam Khan

Saiful Islam : the sword of Islam
Khan : my surname

JazakAllahu khair
wassalam

Muhtadii

My real name is ASIF (آصف), wich i think means, one who praises. I have heard it was the name of the wazeer of Hadhrat Sulayman AS.
واللہ اعلم

xAllahKnowsBestx

:salam2: :hijabi:

My name is Akeela, I was named after my late grandma.
It's actually supposed to be spelled "Akeelah", but yeah..
In Arabic it means Wise & Logical,
and another website says it means Eagle. :SMILY27:
Lol, wow. :D

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
My name is Mahyar
it's a boys name -_-

and you probably don't pronounce it properly !

Also it means "A big help"
in iranian poetry "Shahnomeh"

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

I haven´t islamic name but my name has two parts: Ulla-Marja

Ulla is German origin, meaning is "has willpower" and Marja is Finnish word, meaning is "berry". Its other origin is Scandinavian, the name Marja means "sadness from the sea". Originally name Marja comes from name "Maria".

omahmed

Sister in Islam
Salaam

My name is Amira - which means princess in Arabic. I told my friends it meant I would one day marry a prince - which of course, I did ;)

Abdul25

Logical Believer
My name is Abdul Wahab and my tribe name is Korai.

Abdul Wahab is a beautiful name , my father loved this name too much , he would call me with my full name :( . I like my name :)

trying2learn

My name is Nicole it is french for "victory to the people" and Murphy is Irish for "sea warrior", my husbands last name is Abdelfattah and we have no clue to what it means lol.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

my name nyere is the misspelled name of the first president of tanzania and my middle name kareem, means noble.
:wasalam:

kayleigh

The original Gaelic spelling of my name is Ceilidh, which is a traditional social gathering in Ireland and Scotland. Wikipedia says the word is derived from a word meaning "companion". It also means "the heir/descendant of Caollaidhe", which is the name of an Irish clan. But I'm not, as far as I know lol.

I found some sites saying it means "pure" also, but I don't know how accurate that is.

Its other origin is Scandinavian, the name Marja means "sadness from the sea". Originally name Marja comes from name "Maria".

That's really pretty.

omahmed

Sister in Islam
"Abdul Wahab is a beautiful name , my father loved this name too much , he would call me with my full name . I like my name"

It's a good name, al hamdulillah, brother Korai. I also call my son Ahmed - I don't like the nicknames people associate with his name - I hate the name "Hamada"!!

omahmed

Sister in Islam
"The original Gaelic spelling of my name is Ceilidh"

Really interesting - I would never have known how to pronounce Ceilidh! You've taught me something new, thanks.

Salaam