Oklahoma and Shira Law

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

While I was waiting for the passage of Prop 19 in California and it did not pass..I was caught by surprise by the passing of a ballot in Oklahoma.
Oklahoma has banned Shira Law. The major force behind the passage of this is Nwet Gingrich.
Gingrich wants a federal law..a national law..to prohibit the usage of Shira in the US.
Time for American Muslisms to contact CAIR.

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

I must say this is ridiculous,

anyways, it is political spin, they do that to who they can overcome, like minorities.

Later on, these laws gets removed when there is a need to remove them.

look at all the African American laws that used to be, most ridiculous, later on they were removed.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother..the laws you are making reference to are collectively know as the Jim Crow Laws.

I will keep my opinion of Mr. Gingrich to myself. He is of no consequence but to make noise.

This could not have been put on the ballot of a northeastern state nor the western states where there are Muslim populations with the ability to vote. It had to be in the middle of nowhere...once it attaches..the precedent is set for other states.

What is amazing is there can be challenges of those who do not prescribe to the Judeo-Christian laws as not befitting them. It is a separation of church and state.

abdul-aziz

Salaam,
This could not have been put on the ballot of a northeastern state nor the western states where there are Muslim populations with the ability to vote. It had to be in the middle of nowhere...once it attaches..the precedent is set for other states.

welcome to strategic policy making. What you think the Jewish Zionist figured out a long time ago? When they wanted to have more influence they did just that. They actually still to today have a strategic plan to win voting and elections; it is highly organized. They usually have someone who becomes well paid and financed, rise from these less populated areas. You could imagine after that what happens.

:wasalam:

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom sister

With all do respect but we are not in a Muslim country to ask to apply for shaira law and demand for it. And this the opinion of most of the shyokh, even when Jafar Bin Abi Tailb migrated to Habshah *ebsinnia* he didnt ask to change the law of the King thier to thier law, but they follow of the country where you are..

Allah knows best but this my opinion, you have the freedome of worship and freedom of speech but you can not ask to change the law of country because of minority, they do have changes in England but most of U.S law are same as in shairah law.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother,

No-one has asked for any changes in the law, yet. Mr. Gingrich is the PR man to place into the national headlines an anti-Muslim sentiment.

This is like Minority Report.

There is also a minority opinion within the US that the laws enacted and enforced are written to protect the majority. Changes have been made in the US because of minority rights. We have to keep fighting for minority rights; or else Jim Crow laws would still be around.

For example I am a Muslim who happens to be of color. I would have had to use the for colored only facilities. Now my sister happens to be of no-color; she uses the facilities for whites only. What is fair in this case?

This is a far fetched example.

When a law is good it benefits all people.

abdul-aziz

salaam alikom sister

With all do respect but we are not in a Muslim country to ask to apply for shaira law and demand for it. And this the opinion of most of the shyokh, even when Jafar Bin Abi Tailb migrated to Habshah *ebsinnia* he didnt ask to change the law of the King thier to thier law, but they follow of the country where you are..

Allah knows best but this my opinion, you have the freedome of worship and freedom of speech but you can not ask to change the law of country because of minority, they do have changes in England but most of U.S law are same as in shairah law.

I agree with this, I don't understand the significance in a non muslim country.

The only thing I could think of is maybe how inheritance is divided, or if there is broken marital dispute with children custody.

I guess the real caution is that these islamaphobes, want to portray an invasion of some sort. Were muslims are the victims of political swinging. Muslims have no interest in imposing shariah law in the USA. Nor has there been any indication by some to do so.

spin issue:
I guess islamaphobes don't want us to eat halal campbells soup. Funny, last I checked isles are full of halal food in the muslim areas, soups included.

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Please forgive me, my intention was to alert us that we will be seeing more anti-Muslim legislation from this point on. The legislation was passed in the middle of now-where and now Mr. Gingrich will move forward to somewhere...the objective being to pass state laws to a federal level.
I fear there is much money behind this.

This is according to American law the wilful marginalization of a religious group thus infringing upon the First Amendement i.e the right to practice ones faith.

In no means am I able to discuss Shria.

I find the movement to be politically important, and that is all.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Just for the information----And I might missunderstood the situation but if it ban the judge from considering international law then ..its a different topic, No one should impose on a Judge to consider or not to consider...its up to him/her

CAIR to Announce Lawsuit Challenging Okla. Anti-Islam Amendment

(OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, 11/3/2010) -- On Thursday, November 4, the Oklahoma chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-OK) will hold a news conference with religious and civil rights leaders in the State Capitol Building to announce the filing of a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of an anti-Islam ballot measure (State Question 755) passed in yesterday's election. The measure amends the state constitution to forbid judges from considering Islamic law or international law when making a ruling.

WHAT: CAIR-OK News Conference to Announce Legal Challenge to Anti-Islam Ballot Measure
WHEN: Thursday November 4, 2010, 2 p.m.
WHERE: State Capitol Building, 2nd Floor in the Press Room
CONTACT: CAIR-Oklahoma Executive Director Muneer Awad, 405-248-5853, E-Mail: [email protected]

Law Professor: Ban on Sharia Law 'a Mess' (CNN)
America's Sharia Hysteria (Daily Beast)

What Is Shariah and Why Does It Matter? (Huffington Post)
Speakers at the news conference will include:

Muneer Awad -- Executive Director, CAIR-OK
Chuck Thornton -- Deputy Director, ACLU-Oklahoma
Imad Enchassi -- Imam, Islamic Society of Greater Oklahoma City (ISGOC)
Nathaniel Batchelder -- Director, Central Oklahoma Human Rights Association (COHRA)
CAIR is America's largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.