Why are Arabs like this?

Ahsen

Salam.

I want to know about a problem that i face many times where i live.I live in bahrain and here there are people from many nationalities.I am from pakistan and the thing is i want to know why some arabs hate everybody.I mean,the locals,native bahrainis are fine.Most of them treat foreigners with respect.There are still some who hate us and i can understand why.But what i am wondering about the non gulf arabs.I mean jordanians,syrians,palestinians and others.Why do they hate asians.What have we done to them.I was recently studying quran with some arabs.Most of them from these countries i mentioned,and they used to make fun of me and hate me because of me being a pakistani.It's not just me,i saw that they even hate each other.Jordanians hate syrians,syrians hate jordanians.I have yet to see a country which is not hated by these arabs.Also i want to know why after seeing all the killings and bombings committed by alqaeda and taliban many arabs still support them and praise them.I am not writing this thread with any bad intent towards anyone.I am just writing because these questions come to my mind and i want to know their answers.

As of native bahrainis i have found them to be good people who treat us fairly.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam2You

This prolly a sign of Qiyamah. You treat them nicely, and if they don't return your generosity back to you, keep being nice.. That's one of Muhammad s.a.w's specialities.

“And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allah (i.e. this Quran), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allah's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islamic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allah makes His Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided.”

Ibn Uthaymin

Assalamu alykum

This ignorance exists but it can be destroyed.

I think its more about classicism. Not racism bro.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Assalam alaikum.

I think class-ism is a form of racism. If a race of people think that they are a higher class than another race, then that's racism.

I had a Bangladeshi-born, New Zealand-bred friend studying architecture that was at the uni mosque in Auckland, NZ. A Kuwaiti international student came up and introduced himself to my friend and an Iraqi (NZ-bred) friend and right in front of him stated that "All 'banglas' and Indians are only good to be cleaners and drivers" and laughed.

It's funny how another Muslim can make such a comment in his heavy accent at the mosque, while if he said it outside, most of my friend's non-Muslim classmates, who consider him to be a Kiwi, would jump to his defense and tell the Kuwaiti to go back to Kuwait.

I myself am also of Bangali descent, although I've grown up in NZ, like my friend. I've never lived in an Arab country, but if that's the kind of attitude the people there have, I don't think I'd ever even want to visit. Anyways, I was quite annoyed when I heard this from him (it happened back in 2006).

Ibn Uthaymin

dna

This is why i like living in Britain, it may be a non Muslim majority, but as a person form same descent as you, i don't have much a problem with Arabs, Africans, and East Asian Muslims who were brought up in this country. We get along well.

The foreign students wouldn't dare make any remarks like that cause they would seriously get jumped.

As for the non Muslims they aren't really racist (just a few fanatics like EDL). As a matter of fact i have a few white mates too. We get along well.

Stereotypes are another problem. When i went Egypt i met a few Malaysians, and they automatically assumed that im some sort of smart ass, straight A student ready to become a doctor, just because of the color of my skin.

Im not.

Ahsen

It's some kind of classicism where they think that they are better muslims than us because they are arabs.But how does this hate comes into their mind.I don't think it can just come like that.I wonder what their elders tell them about non arab muslims.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Please read Black Skin White Mask. I keep posting this over and over again. It will make a lot of sense.

BinImad

First of all I’m Kuwaiti and I’ll admit I get really angry when I hear some Arabs say racist things. Secondly your question of why are Arabs like this is wrongly worded. It should be why are some people ethnocentric? Because this seems to be something that exists to some degree in all areas.
Secondly let’s remember that Arab is not a race (!) that’s right Arab is NOT a race! It’s a general culture distinguished by a common language with many subcultures. In Fact many Arabs don’t realize that genetically they come from all over the place except for a few tribes.
I will publish a full article on this issue so enough said about that.
Third and most importantly is the reality that historically this is the core social issue that allowed Islam as an empire to crumble and dissolve. We no longer see ourselves as Muslims first, united as brothers and sisters. We have been divided into nation states and made to see each other in terms of nationalities. Soon I will publish an article to reveal the systematic destruction of our self image as Muslims and how this dividing force if removed we become overnight a superpower with no rival. This is why we are constantly reminded of our differences and targeted in a manner to insure the fences of division keep us separated and by our own effort which saves the puppet owners lots of energy and allows them to focus on their own agendas without any real resistance from a divided racist illiterate Umma that forgot all about their unity and can only see each other through the paradigms designed and injected by forces in manners too complex to deal with here.
My friend do not let a few ignorant people build fences between you and others. Have the courage to forgive and Inshallah the Rewards will be great in this lifetime and the akhera (hear after)… may you find your Good Will with Allah multiplied and rewarded in both this life and on judgment day.
For the effects of experience on the self image and how this guids your future you can refer to my book The Secret(s) and Isalm, The Ultimate Law of Change. I hope it helps you build a better future and see through the smokescreens.
Your brother Abdulaziz Imad Alateeqi

Mohamad Fazril

dna

This is why i like living in Britain, it may be a non Muslim majority, but as a person form same descent as you, i don't have much a problem with Arabs, Africans, and East Asian Muslims who were brought up in this country. We get along well.

The foreign students wouldn't dare make any remarks like that cause they would seriously get jumped.

As for the non Muslims they aren't really racist (just a few fanatics like EDL). As a matter of fact i have a few white mates too. We get along well.

Stereotypes are another problem. When i went Egypt i met a few Malaysians, and they automatically assumed that im some sort of smart ass, straight A student ready to become a doctor, just because of the color of my skin.

Im not.

I never know the Malaysians are like that at there. It just hillarious.

fada_all

ISLAM AGAINST RACISM AND PREJUDICE

ISLAM AGAINST RACISM AND PREJUDICE

"O Mankind, We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other. Verily the most honored of you in the sight of God is he who is the most righteous of you" (Quran 49:13).
Explanation: There are several principles, which this verse presents:
*This message is not just for Muslims only because Allah is addressing all of humanity. While Muslims are one brotherhood, this is part of a larger brotherhood of humanity.
*Allah is telling us that He has created us. Therefore He knows the best about us.
*He says that He created us from one man and one woman meaning then that we are all the same.
*It also means that all human beings are created through the same process, not in a manner in which some are created with a better mechanism than others.
*Allah is the One who made human beings into different groups and people.
*These differences are not wrong, rather a sign from Allah ("And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colors. Verily, in that are indeed signs for those who know" [Quran 30:22]).
*Note that no word equivalent to race is used in this ayah or any other verse of the Quran.
*Islam, however, limits the purpose of these distinctions to differentiation and knowing each other. This is not meant to be a source of beating each other down with an attitude of ‘my group is better than your group' or false pride as is the case with tribalism, nationalism, colonialism, and racism.
*The only source of preference or greatness among human beings is not on a national or group level, but it is at the individual level.
*One individual who is (higher in Taqwa), more conscious of his Creator and is staying away from the bad and doing the good is better, no matter what nation, country or caste he is part of. Individual piety is the only thing that makes a person better and greater than the other one.
*However, the only criterion of preference, Taqwa, is not measurable by human beings. Indeed Allah is the One Who knows and is aware of everything so we should leave even this criterion to Allah to decide instead of human beings judging each other rather being from the Arabs or no Arabs......

MalikBrother

^ After reading your thread title, i feel more sympathic towards to you. I live in Canada, and has had several Arab friends in the past, and mostly, from Jordan and some are Saudia Arabia, and i have felt their brotherhood, and their loves for another Muslim.

I think it has to do with the culture. Even in Pakistan, Muhajir people in Pakistan (from Indian descendent), were also victimed of racism by our Pakistani people in the past, and we know about Bangladesh - 1971. In spite of Islam has came to the world, and changed the whole world, but except one, and that's society, and the society of ignorant, racism, class factor....etc, existed before Islam, and still do exist sadly.

If they repeat these again, then remind them who you are, and keep repeadedly saying 'There is no God, but Allah (SWT) and Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H) is his messenger', and keep reminding them about Islam and Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H) messages for the equality of status, class.....etc, and they will be embarrassed by their actions. Sometimes, humiliation process is what needed to be applied, in order to bring them back down to the earth. We are all children of Prophet Adam (P.B.U.H), and creation of Allah (SWT).

dunno

:salam2:

This is an issue I am from Saudi Arabia and we do have a culture of generalization not to pakistanis or indians...etc only but to saudis themselves ( i.e what part of the country u are ) and which particular neighborhood in that city are in and what street, what house? what room exactly? aha one brother mentioned someone marrying a pakistani and still having bad thought about pakistanis? it's not hate it's just? i dont know how to explain it
i have a saudi friend he is from the southern part of the country i always make fun of him and tell him that he should go blow himself up! ( lots of terrorists came from his tribe :p ) there are stereotypes for every group and nationalities some poeple take them as facts others know that they are simply stereotypes the majority are very caring and have a strong sense of islamic brotherhood

As for the afghani brother who commented above i dont think they treated u differently because you look like arab it's just when you actually get to know someone you stop classifying them into a stereotype

I hope anyone who has an atom worth of nationalism, racism that it be removed.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

i dont know how to explain it
i have a saudi friend he is from the southern part of the country i always make fun of him and tell him that he should go blow himself up! ( lots of terrorists came from his tribe :p ) there are stereotypes for every group and nationalities some poeple take them as facts others know that they are simply stereotypes the majority are very caring and have a strong sense of islamic brotherhood

As for the afghani brother who commented above i dont think they treated u differently because you look like arab it's just when you actually get to know someone you stop classifying them into a stereotype

I think its bigger than what you're saying. To be arrogant towards a person of different nationality is worst than just thinking you're better than someone for living in a better neighbourhood or whatever, though ofcourse both are abhorrent and shouldn't exist at all. Its might be okay for a Saudi like yourself to make jokes on another Saudi, but Im sure you would understand the vast difference between that and ''jokes'' like this one ..
A Kuwaiti international student came up and introduced himself to my friend and an Iraqi (NZ-bred) friend and right in front of him stated that "All 'banglas' and Indians are only good to be cleaners and drivers" and laughed.

Shocker.

I hope anyone who has an atom worth of nationalism, racism that it be removed.

Yes, me too.

Ahsen

It's not that i am saying that all arabs are bad.Infact the local native bahrainis are good people.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:I agree with BinImad . I think Appa gave you a good suggestion as well ,arm yourself... .The title of your thread is quite strong though don t you think?.Wish you well fi amani llah.

wassalam
___________________________________________________________________________________

Qur'an 49:13
O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

Feed the hungry and visit a sick person, and free the captive, if he be unjustly confined. Assist any person oppressed, whether Muslim or non-Muslim.”
- Prophet Muhammad

Youth is like a stream, if it is not directed to its course it meanders and swallows its tail.- Jude Ezedike African proverb

"The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our lives the clearer we should see through it"
Jean Paul Sartre.

"The one-eyed person is a beauty in the country of the blind"Arabic proverb

“Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it.”Fedor Dostoevsky

"“It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are accountable.” Moliere

Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.Ancient Chinese proverb

"God gives the nuts but he does not crack them"Kafka

"Let everyone sweep in front of his own door, and the whole world will be clean. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The_truth

Salam.

I want to know about a problem that i face many times where i live.I live in bahrain and here there are people from many nationalities.I am from pakistan and the thing is i want to know why some arabs hate everybody.I mean,the locals,native bahrainis are fine.Most of them treat foreigners with respect.There are still some who hate us and i can understand why.But what i am wondering about the non gulf arabs.I mean jordanians,syrians,palestinians and others.Why do they hate asians.What have we done to them.I was recently studying quran with some arabs.Most of them from these countries i mentioned,and they used to make fun of me and hate me because of me being a pakistani.It's not just me,i saw that they even hate each other.Jordanians hate syrians,syrians hate jordanians.I have yet to see a country which is not hated by these arabs.Also i want to know why after seeing all the killings and bombings committed by alqaeda and taliban many arabs still support them and praise them.I am not writing this thread with any bad intent towards anyone.I am just writing because these questions come to my mind and i want to know their answers.

As of native bahrainis i have found them to be good people who treat us fairly.

Asalaamu Alaikum, my brother unfortunatley this is a very big issue in the Arab gulf states and anyone who says it isn't is just decieving themselves. I have found that North African Arabs are lovely and hardworking people who are most helpful and kind but when i visited the gulf states i was really saddened by the attitude and arrogance of a lot of the Arabs who lived there.

I have a friend who is of Pakistani descent and lives and works in Dubai where he works as a contractor painting building exteriors. He knows full well what the Arabs are like there and has told me many stories of how Arabs have ruined the lives of Asians in particular they treat Indian workers really bad. With Pakistanis they do tend to stand up more for themselves but they still get a lot of abuse.

In the Gulf states you need an Arab sponsor to be able to work there and many a times these Arab sponsors have taken advantage of their position and have demanded money from those they are sponsoring whenever they please. Sometimes they have even taken their money and got them deported. So it is ones luck which sponsor one ends up with.

A lot of these Arabs to have a superioirity complex and are so full of arrogance. Alhamdulillah not all should be tarnished with the same brush but unfortunatley a lot of Arabs are abusing their position and treating asian workers so badly. Some indian workers are not even paid for such a long time and are given the worst conditions to live and work in. Some of the workers there get treated and spoken to like animals. Human rights is a big problem in Dubai and Saudi in particular.

A little while back even the Indian prime minister had to step in because their workers were being treated so badly.

One of my friends father works in IT for a company in Saudi and he was so happy to get work there as he is a very practising person and even from young age he used to teach us about Islam. I was happy for him when he found a good job in Saudi and so he moved there with his wife.

His son told me that when his father was working he noticed a lot of the Arab workers wore the Jubba and since this is Sunnah he really wanted to also wear the Jubba as he wore a suit to work. So he wore a Jubba one day and came to work. His manager called him over and asked him "Why are you wearing a Jubba?". He replied "because the Arab workrs are wearing a Jubba and it is also Sunnah. The manager replied "Do not come to work wearing a Jubba again s you are not an Arab and they are Arab so they have a right to wear it." At this he never work a Jubba to work again.

This is just one of many disgusting examples of the way asians get treated in the gulf states. White workers from the west never get treated badly at all but get treated very well.

Do these Arabs who do these things not know that they will have to pay recompanse on the day of judgment for all of the rights of peole that they have not fulfilled? Do they not know that justice will be done for all of the wrong they are doing to people? It is very sad and after i left the gulf states i came back quite saddened at the way asians were treated by these Arabs.

You know the irony is that they may think that they are superiour but who is looking after their defense needs and who would protect them incase of attack from any outside country? PAKISTAN!

Do you know what the solution to this problem is? That these people rid their hearts of arrogance and pride because it is pure arrogance and pride which is causing them to behave in such a way. This arrogance and pride is giving them such a superiority complex that they think they are above all others (Apart from whites who they give so much respect to).

They should: - Treat others how they would like to be treated.

Also brother i would advise you not to lower yourself to their level. Be the best towards them and all others because you are doing so for the pleasure of Allah not for them or anyone else.

If they be nasty towards you then ignore it for this is better for you and rely on Allah and put your trust and faith in him. He will give justice to ALL who have been given injustice. He will put all wrongs that have been done to others right on the day of judgement and may also punish them in this world too.

In regards to Al Qaeda then know that they do not exist it is all a media deception by the zionists. Take a look at this:

The Origin and Myth of 'Al Qaeda'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNvqm_qgM5U

Also in regards to the Taleban then you must also not take your views about them or any other Muslim or Muslims from mainstream media as you will only ever hear and see lies about them and you will never hear the truth about any Muslim or about Islam in mainstrea media.

If you want news which is unbiased from zionist influence which has its own agenda in wanting to defame Islam then get your news from Aljzeera:

http://english.aljazeera.net/

May Allah unite us and make us all one ummah and one body. Ameen.

And Allah knows best in all matters

AllahHelpMe

This is a problem round the world.

Even at my local masjid, there is this a problem.

What I hate is when people call me an ARAB!!!!

Just because I am a Muslim & quiet often where a jubba/thobe around the shops & stuff. But the funny thing is that I am a 3rd generation Australian with no known muslim background.

We MUST get over this problem because the disbelievers are using this agianst us & they are using it well.

Haroun (from Australia)