Why are Arabs like this?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Read Fanon's Black Skin White Mask and you will understand. It is so simple.

The issues are old.

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
We MUST get over this problem because the disbelievers are using this agianst us & they are using it well.

Haroun (from Australia)

Salams well qouted br.Haroun, our enemies are using this deep seated problem to keep the muslims divided,they split up our lands and bought in nationalisium to keep us busy, inshallah we all ave to try and ride above this and practice islam the way Rasoul(s.a.w) taught us and become once again united .
As for the Arabs looking down on the Asians this is very real as well may Allah ta;laa forgive them , they employ them to do all the meanial jobs, such as cleaning the streets etc this is very evident in Makkah and Medinah also. The Arabs also are racist with each other, depending which country they come from, I live in Libya and I found here that if a man marries a women from Tunisia, or "worst"( in their eyes that is) from Eygpt they dont like it at all, for us Euorpean women it is fine as astagirallah they look up to Europeans. Subanallah inshallah they will one day hold their heads up high and be proud to be called a muslim and stop running after the non muslims lives and fisaad, this is also a big problem for our youth, they love to act like the non muslims.
Yet another subject,........may Allah ta;laa make us strong and break down all these barriers , guide us to follow our religion as it should be followed................Ameen

MalikBrother

After reading several ppers of this thread, and however, i can't help, but forced to think that it may be sign of the Judgement Day. Let's hope the ignorant, racism....etc, should die pretty soon and that will be better for humanity and Islam.

DanyalSAC

When I was in Kuwait I was treated with with respect by just about everyone, even by strangers in the grocery stores and the souks we went to, though with my light hair and blue eyes I was obviously not Arab. When folks found out I was an American covert they practically smothered me with attention and affection.

However, my American Samoan friend who lives and works there says she is constantly treated poorly when she goes out; she says its because they think shes Philipino.

Just as an observation: the person above who mentioned the father who got chastised for wearing a thobe in Saudi Arabia...I was also warned about this. I was told a non-Arab in KSA is discouraged from wearing Saudi dress outside of Makkah, and a couple websites I've looked at also say that its considered "offensive" to the locals if a non-native wears native dress..

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
this goes on everywhere. don't let this get you down. it's annoying, i know, but you can't let yourself get caught up in it. its tragic to see other muslims be this way with each other. i know many people from the arab world and all i can say is good things about them. i hope my positive experience with arab people will remind you that we can't all lump every one together and think people are all the same.

fatma_said

This issue of racism from the arab gulf states is not only directed towards the Asians it also worse for the africans who sometimes have to bear taunts of being called slaves and blacks 'ya abd' and so on..

The funny thing is when these arabs are in their own country they are extremely arrogant however when they come to non-muslim countries to study they find that they are a minority and see the same treatment from the non-muslims towards them!
I believe this is good for them because they suddenly are grateful towards the muslims and see how well we treat them (i think to myself if i was in their country they would definitely not treat me with that same respect!)

its extremely sad that they show love and respect towards non-muslims (who definitely dont love them) instead of the muslims whom they act arrogantly and disrespectfully

al-muslimah

Easy on Arab bro/sis. Please do not generalise. I'm an Arab from Syria and never hated people from Pakistan.

salapuddin35

Saudi Arabia is notorious for being abusive towards their employees I am from the Philippines recently their was this filipina who was stabbed by his employee inside his house. Until now their is no development when the perpetrator will be arrested our embassy is still working on this problem.

actually the filipina applied as nurse assistant i think!? but when she arrived in saudi the job description changed to being a domestic helper she had no choice life was hard back home.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have tried to explain to you why there is such racism. You have ignored it except one brother.

Let me break it down to you..

Like all people that have been enslaved...there is a need to look like and act like the master. The Arabs have been enslaved as have many of the peoples of Africa and Asia. They are still color struck.

There is a horrible pecking order. In the Pakistani world every female who is to be married is a fair skinned medical student...

We can bury our heads in denial or we can wake up and say the days of being enslaved are over.

It is up to us to start using an inclusive language and stop the stupidity of the enslaved peoples.

dunno

wearing a thobe as a non-arab in KSA is not okay? my father works in the service industry rental apartments, hotels, car rentals, offices also construction company. we have over 3000 employees mainly muslims from pakistani indian bangladesh etc.... about 30% of them ( esp pakistanis ) wear thobe ( arabic white cloths ) i have never heard that it is considered an offense? is there mis-teatment? yes there is everywhere there is
should be stopped of course? but should all saudis and arabs be labeled like this?

By God when the floods in pakistan occured my whole family and i ( over 100 ) went to the various donation centers that were established in the country and donated regularly.
there is nationalism and racism everywhere but dont generalize like this.

a_stranger

I am better than him.

إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ اسْتَكْبَرَ وَكَانَ مِنْ الْكَافِرِينَ (38:74)

38:74 (Picktall) Saving Iblis; he was scornful and became one of the disbelievers. -

قَالَ يَا إِبْلِيسُ مَا مَنَعَكَ أَن تَسْجُدَ لِمَا خَلَقْتُ بِيَدَيَّ أَسْتَكْبَرْتَ أَمْ كُنتَ مِنَ الْعَالِينَ (38:75)

38:75 (Picktall) He said: O Iblis! What hindereth thee from falling prostrate before that which I have created with both My hands? Art thou too proud or art thou of the high exalted? -

قَالَ أَنَا خَيْرٌ مِّنْهُ خَلَقْتَنِي مِن نَّارٍ وَخَلَقْتَهُ مِن طِينٍ (38:76)

38:76 (Picktall) He said: I am better than him. Thou createdst me of fire, whilst him Thou didst create of clay.

a_stranger

The cure:

تِلْكَ الدَّارُ الْآخِرَةُ نَجْعَلُهَا لِلَّذِينَ لَا يُرِيدُونَ عُلُوًّا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَا فَسَادًا وَالْعَاقِبَةُ لِلْمُتَّقِينَ (28:83)

28:83 (Asad) As for that [happy] life in the hereafter, We grant it [only] to those who do not seek to exalt themselves on earth, nor yet to spread corruption: for the future belongs to the God-conscious.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is written in the Holy Quran that Allah subhana talla gave us variety in all creation to show the splendor of His creation. No matter what we identify ourselves as we are all humans.
We allow ourselves to get caught up in the mess that mankind has made of Creation.
We get simple. We make choices that are so distant from what we are told to do and we rationalize our choices. In the end everyone gets hurt.

For those who will not respond to a Salaam from me because I do not look like you...it is additonal blessings for me.
We forget the Hour is promised and it is the little behaviors that make up the person.
However, discussions like this can lead to understanding. If we make up our minds to have open hearts and be humble to the Creator things would change.
With understanding we can use a language of Love, the words of the Holy Quran, to travel beyond artifical barriers.

It starts with the individual to be part of the collective. Islam was sent to correct the wrong. And by definition wrong is the sister of Evil.

It is not only the Arabs but all people who live under the cover of being scared. We forget Islam is the great liberator of mankind.

Thus, we, individually have to be correct.

May the peace and blessing of Allah subhana talla descend on mankind; we are all from the same soul. We are brothers and sisters..no matter if we are short, tall, thin, fat, blind, deaf, intelligent, not so smart, we are here to wish for all mankind that which we wish for ourselves.

Ibn Uthaymin

There is a horrible pecking order. In the Pakistani world every female who is to be married is a fair skinned medical student...

Lol your a Genius. Thats how Bangladeshi are too. They love the girls to be fair skinned.
These people are deiceved. They think ritualistically praying, keeping a beard will get them to heaven. But they have a massive disease in their heart.And they constantly backbite about it.

Ajeeb

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Naw..I was a rebellious teenage who told my parents I would die before I would enter the medical profession.( I am very anti big pharma...another heated topic for a rainy day).
In hindsight...I would not be stressing about food and money today.

Hey, I can't help it if I was born the color everyone wants to be: a perfect tan. Looks like the sun kissed me every morning.

I just see the stupidity in this race/class world of I'm better because I have one more dollar and my skin is one shade devoid of color...we are all born the same way...to die. Let us rejoice and celebrate the day Allah has given us.

Please understand I am from a mutlicultural family. We have it all and love eveyone equally. We just laugh at the nonsense. We are from one soul.
It is just easier for the poor ones and the dark ones. We have nothing to lose. So celebrate the Praises of Allah.

zinirah

wow you took this question right out my mind. I always thought the same thing. I don't get it...why do people have so much pride, and hatred against one another. I see a lot of Arabs like this. I think that Muslims shouldnt hate against Muslims no matter what race they are from. It's stupid, and it just shows how there are a lot of hypocrites out there.I hate racists or whatever you call em.

justoneofmillion

:salam2:Ever asked yourself why Christians are called that way brother,and who called them that way for example?Or maybe why some black people call each other with the N**** word!just a little hint,the question is deep encrusted in human psychology as a reaction to the environment we are surrounded by, but still easy to understand.In brief i believe that cure for it,or for any extreme narcissism of this kind is the observance of nature and the reconciliation with oneself.The awareness of the shades and varieties that give creation a sense and a harmony.This harmony is easy to see when the intention behind is genuine .but when asked to be expressed somehow it simply remains in a state of denial and even unconsciousness. The reason for that is that it was understood merely as an end from the beginning and not as a mean for a certain purpose to be explored.(Allah teaches us to observe nature why?)

This is todays world akhi materialism is present in every expression of human endeavor and approach Be it in Science and technology,literature the political and social field..etc..My dear brother people who act like this are deeply oppressed they need your help more than you need theirs!.They are not free how can they love you if they hate themselves ,in fact they don t even know themselves!.Help them to free and love themselves first and they will in return love you.You are the one to lead the way and set the standards because you have the noblest purpose why don t use it still !What i see is that both of you are consciously or unconsciously victimizing themselves and like someone truly said "In a world of victims we loose the perception of our basic human rights and duties because no one is the to take the responsibility"

I usualy balance my narcissism every morning when i go to the toilet i try to keep conscious in the process am making progress. I wish every human being did the same. It is crazy how nature reminds us how fragile we are in it s own way.

PS.the same goes for the kuffar let us not fall into the same trap they use to dehumanize us,we can do better than that.Besides all the political and ideological struggles and the righteous calls for justice. Let us see them as human beings as well Creatures of Allah who need our caring just like the earth ,the trees and the fallen child does we have to teach sisters and brothers and end it with being taught.Otherwise we would have no alternative to propose to mankind but the status quo.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qur'an 49:13
O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female and made you into nations and tribes that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honored of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

Feed the hungry and visit a sick person, and free the captive, if he be unjustly confined. Assist any person oppressed, whether Muslim or non-Muslim.”
- Prophet Muhammad

Youth is like a stream, if it is not directed to its course it meanders and swallows its tail.- Jude Ezedike African proverb

"The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our lives the clearer we should see through it"
Jean Paul Sartre.

"The one-eyed person is a beauty in the country of the blind"Arabic proverb

Laws are spider webs through which the big flies pass and the little ones get caught. Honore de Balzac

“Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it.”Fedor Dostoyevski

"“It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are accountable.” Moliere

Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.Ancient chinese proverb

"God gives the nuts but he does not crack them"Kafka

"Let everyone sweep in front of his own door, and the whole world will be clean. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

How we fall apart when we are inflicted with a thorn? We are the same. We are full of wants and needs and desires and we are lazy. We all want something for nothing. We want a hot meal, a cozy bed, and no worries...just somebody put it in our heads..if he has it..it takes it away from me.

No folks..Allah subhana talla provides for ALL HIS CREATION..so quit the bickering and division.

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Waramatou Allah,

With all do respect dear brother I think you are exaggerating little bit here :). I think you can not say that Arabs of the Levant are not good based only on your experience with few bad ones of them!

I knew two Pakistanis brothers few years ago when I was doing my Master and I liked them very much! Also I have known many Lebanese, Syrian and Irakies brothers and al hamdouli Allah we had great time!

Most certainly you will come across good Arabs (I like to believe that they constitute he majority :D) and you will soon forget those bad ones!

Wassalam